Started on: 01-21-2003 05:48 PM
Replies: 112
Last post by: Nashco on 01-31-2003 02:41 AM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2003 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crazyd:

Damn, I didn't even see that stupid yet oh-so-predictable remark from Dennis coming that time!! Where's the "Ignore Dennis" button on these transmission/clutch threads, Cliff??

Brave guys behind the keyboards.
My policy is not to flame as I refuse to lower myself to that level. A few folks here seem to want to talk about people. I choose to talk about Fieros. My post to this thread was about suggesting a logical, possible and practical solution to solving drivetrain failures in a V8 Fiero. It was not judgemental in any way nor did it have any negative message or intent. I take it that you believe that the open exchange of ideas and opinions is wrong?

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo Best 0-60 5.2 seconds
http://turbofiero.fierojoe.com/turbo.htm

IP: Logged
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2003 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Dennis, your post does nothing put reiterate your preference for automatic transmissions. Do you really think someone who went to the trouble to build a Northstar with a 5-speed would ever consider swapping it for an automatic?

Even if everything you say about the auto is true, the bottom line is, some people DON'T WANT ONE.

California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2003 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
User Banned

Report this Post01-22-2003 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroDirect Link to This Post
I don't think it's that they didn't realize the tranny would eventually poop, it's that they really didn't care..

Autos are better all around transmissions for reliability , drag racing ect...

But nothing beats heel toe downshifting into a nice long sweeper and letting the engine crackle down from 6500rpm.

JM

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2003 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed Fiero:
JM

Don't know about that Slammed, I haven't heard of an auto holding up in a 400hp Fiero yet!!!

Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2003 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I love my SPEC clutches! I have a stage two installed in my 95 Talon TSi AWD now and it works great!

The Stage three clutch in my V8 SBC Fiero engages a little hard but nothin terrible thats for sure. I haven't put a lot of miles on it yet but so far I like it! I spoke with David at SPEC not to long ago and he said that the have a newly designed stage two kevlar disc that would be good for 350 ftlbs of torque, this may be a good alternative to a "puck" clutch for mild to moderate V8s. The Kevlar disck has smooth chatter free engagement but can handle a lot more abuse(heat) than a stock clutch.

BTW, I had the displeasure of running a CF DF clutch in my V8 Fiero for 12,000 HARD(ask anyone who knows me on this Forum, I've probably let have of them beat on it at the Dells) miles. It would slip(350ftlbs+) and couldn't survive more than 12 runs at a drag strip. I eventualy killed it at a drag strip last summer. When I removed the clutch I noticed that all the springs in the clutch disk were visibly worn, loose, and about to fall out! Glad I replaced it when I did, wouldn't want to lose a getrag!

Will, along with QM, Tilton makes some sic dual/triple disc setups. It would be neat to see a Tilton setup in a Fiero!

Jim
87 GT T-TOP V8 SBC
87 GT stocker, soon to be a parts car
95 Talon TSi AWD Winter beater car

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2003 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
I killed a Centerforce DF clutch with my 3.2L also. It only has about 1000 miles on it. I'm going to use the SPEC clutch now. Not even going to try to warranty out the CF clutch. Not worth the time.

------------------
James Essar
88 Coupe 3.2L V6 With NX Nitrous
92 Mitsu. Eclipse GS

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
Now that I have access to the TOB again, I took some measurements and got down to bidness.

Because of the size of the stock TOB, I'm limited to the 7.25" QM dual disk and the 7.25" Tilton dual (possibly triple) disk carbon-carbon clutch.

The QM unit is a known quantity.
The unkown about the Tilton is that its ideal contact diameter to the TOB is 0.140" smaller than the inner contact diameter of the Getrag TOB. I'll talk to a Tilton tech tomorrow to see if this will be a problem.

I'm leaning toward the Tilton right now, if it's possible, for three reasons:
It has about 2/3 the moment of inertia of the comparable QM clutch.
The Bling! and geek factor of carbon-carbon vs organic
The bragging rights of saying "I've got a three disk clutch", which is obviously 50% cooler than a 2 disk clutch.

JEDI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JEDISend a Private Message to JEDIDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Don't know about that Slammed, I haven't heard of an auto holding up in a 400hp Fiero yet!!!

I believe Fiero X is pushing that power level. But he is the only one I know of.

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps, soon, you will.

John Stricker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Slammed Fiero:
JM

[/QUOTE]

StansGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StansGTSend a Private Message to StansGTDirect Link to This Post
Isnt it funny that, as predicted earlyer, Centerforce wouldnt ever replace a clutch again for Will. I cant believe that a company who sells an item to withhold the power of a V8 fiero will refuse to stop selling them to people who ask for a similar item.. Dont you think we should get Centerforce to stop selling these clutches to Fiero owners who ask them for a product of this type?

------------------
02' 3800SC Poly, Koni, Enkei

PFF
System Bot
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
I'm not worried about getting it replaced again. I'll have something better ready by the time the new one breaks. I'm not really upset that it broke either. I was more-or-less expecting that.

What concerns me is that Centerforce doesn't seem concerned with making the clutch stronger so that it doesn't break. The tech told me that the rotation stops that keep the hub springs from coil binding had been pounded down from high torque. He seemed to think that this was the way the clutch was supposed to work. He never mentioned putting in stiffer springs to extend the life of the hub and disk. He said that they would send me a specially modified pressure plate with doubled up straps, but didn't say anything about doing that to other pressure plates, although he did say that they only see this type of failure about twice a year.

I think that a reliable unit that could handle V8 torque and be almost as streetable as the factory clutch could be built. I don't think that Centerforce is interested in building one, however.

I will say this for them: They are replacing my clutch with a modified clutch for FREE, even though mine was thoroughly used and WELL outside of its 90 day warranty period.

RE: automatics... AFAIK, FieroX is running in the low, possibly mid 300's at the rear wheels.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 01-23-2003).]

crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jimmy:
The Stage three clutch in my V8 SBC Fiero engages a little hard but nothin terrible thats for sure. I haven't put a lot of miles on it yet but so far I like it!

Jimmy, how many miles are you up to so far? When I put mine away for the winter it had 6200 with no clutch or transmission problems and it would be nice to hear of someone racking up more than that.

On what you were saying about hard engagement, mine doesn't engage hard as much as it engages fast. It gives maybe 500-700ms of slip time and then it bites down all the way. I can engage it smoothly with only about 1200rpms and I haven't stalled it very often at all. As far as I'm concerned it works just as advertised.

Did you have to do the clutch pedal adjustment to get yours to work? I'm wondering if that is just an '88 issue.

Dave

Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post
My CF DF clutch disk sounds like a baby's rattle when you shake it! LOL

You can see the ends of the springs are visibly worn, its pretty scary($$$) to think what would have happened if the clutch let go.

Jim

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

The bragging rights of saying "I've got a three disk clutch", which is obviously 50% cooler than a 2 disk clutch.

Don't you mean it 33% cooler that a 2 disk clutch? lol

Interesting thread... thanks for sharing...

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Slammed Fiero:
JM

[/QUOTE]

Pat Ciarccia of Mt. Pocono PA. campaigned a nitrous fed small block drag race Fiero with a JPT modified TH-125H with over 700 HP for four years. This Fiero is on record as having gone mid 10's in the 1/4 mile and having withstood four drag seasons with no failures. This car used to be featured on V8 Archies website and may still be there under customer cars. THis is not opinion but fact. Give Pat at C&C automotive a call and ask him.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo Best 0-60 5.2 seconds
http://turbofiero.fierojoe.com/turbo.htm

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Pat Ciarccia of Mt. Pocono PA. campaigned a nitrous fed small block drag race Fiero with a JPT modified TH-125H with over 700 HP for four years.

Yep, and I've read here on the Forum that 3 other people have run JPT modified TH-125-H auto's with less than 450hp that had early failures. Seems to me that the high horse/torque V8's have a better track record percentage wise running the Getrag V/S any auto out there right now. This may change in time, but I haven't seen any indications of it yet.

Secondly this thread is about clutches/manual transmissions, and people who prefer to be in complete control of the car. There are things you can do with a manual trans that aren't possible with the automatic, and that's the main reason most of use have chose the manual instead of going with a hybred auto. I also own an '87 GT with a pumped '88 2.8 and hybred TH125, no comparison in driving enjoyment compared to the manual. That and the fact that the Manual is just more fun for spirited driving!!! My last post with reference to auto trans.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 01-23-2003).]

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Pat Ciarccia of Mt. Pocono PA. campaigned a nitrous fed small block drag race Fiero with a JPT modified TH-125H with over 700 HP for four years. This Fiero is on record as having gone mid 10's in the 1/4 mile and having withstood four drag seasons with no failures. This car used to be featured on V8 Archies website and may still be there under customer cars. THis is not opinion but fact. Give Pat at C&C automotive a call and ask him.

HE may have lucked out, but how many more JPT transmissions have we heard of that can't handle much milder small blocks?

If I could be sure about getting that kind of durability for the TH125 in my AWD Pontiac 6000, I'd ship it to him in a second.

So should I call C&C or JPT about having my AWD transmission built?

Dennis, if you KNOW who can build my TH125 and be SURE to handle 600+ HP at the crank, please PM me. I want to swap a 3800 turbo into my P6K AWD, but the driveline is the big question mark right now.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 01-23-2003).]

Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post

Jimmy, how many miles are you up to so far? When I put mine away for the winter it had 6200 with no clutch or transmission problems and it would be nice to hear of someone racking up more than that.

Dave unfortunately I put my Fiero away a little early this year. I had only put a few hundred miles on the clutch, barely broken in.

On what you were saying about hard engagement, mine doesn't engage hard as much as it engages fast. It gives maybe 500-700ms of slip time and then it bites down all the way. I can engage it smoothly with only about 1200rpms and I haven't stalled it very often at all. As far as I'm concerned it works just as advertised.

I like how you described it better. It engages quick! I have no problems at all with this clutch, it did however take me a little getting used to when I tried to back up a hill in reverse! LOL Lets just say it likes to chatter if you try to slip it too much.

Did you have to do the clutch pedal adjustment to get yours to work? I'm wondering if that is just an '88 issue.

Dave

I didn't have any issues with installing it. I read what Archie posted about your swap but I didn't run in to that problem.

Overall I think the SPEC is very decent for the $$$! Now it just needs to warm up around here so I can take it out of storage.

Jim

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
Don't you mean it 33% cooler that a 2 disk clutch? lol

50% of 2 is 1, but 33% of 2 is 0.66... somebody needs to check their math!!

Well, it looks like my car was the first one out of the gates with a SPEC and remains the only one with any significant mileage. I'd hoped that there were more but I guess wintertime (and the fact that the only other two are even further north) put a cap on that. So, as soon as spring gets here I guess I'll hafta just go drive it some more. Daytona is two months away and will put a couple thousand more on it, that's a good start.

It's interesting that the overtravel problem only occurred on my car so far. I wonder if there was a design change in the clutch pressure plate between the time of your purchase and mine? It appears to be a LUK pressure plate assy.

Dave

Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2003 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroSend a Private Message to Slammed FieroDirect Link to This Post

Well, it looks like my car was the first one out of the gates with a SPEC and remains the only one with any significant mileage. I'd hoped that there were more but I guess wintertime (and the fact that the only other two are even further north) put a cap on that. So, as soon as spring gets here I guess I'll hafta just go drive it some more. Daytona is two months away and will put a couple thousand more on it, that's a good start.

It's interesting that the overtravel problem only occurred on my car so far. I wonder if there was a design change in the clutch pressure plate between the time of your purchase and mine? It appears to be a LUK pressure plate assy.

Dave

What stage clutch did you end up getting? I don't think i have the time to go through the clutch thread!

thanks

JM

PFF
System Bot
crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
It's a stage III.
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackDirect Link to This Post
If I was after reliability, I would buy a Toyota Camry and drive it carefully. I'm not that way, I want a 5-speed race car!!! I want to go up through the gears, and then bcak down as I set up for the corner. I realize that the 5-speed tranny set up is not as reliable as a 4T80E (for which I just sold), that's why I have 4 Isuzus and 1 Getrag with a bunch of cables and brakets too. I figure I'll be into it about once a year. The up-side is that it's easier to initially install and forever easier to work on than an auto, but you'll do it more often. There is no, "best" application, and guys like JStricker should be most aware of this. Aviation guys are very aware of weight and how it relates to performance. But if you're not going to push a car to tire adhesion, then it doesn't matter and the trade-off is worth it. Either way, it's all about a trade-off; HP, torque, weight, traction, drag, lift, maneuverability, stopping, etc, etc....

So when people use the term, "best" in a general sense, I realize they are just pushing their opinion.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Yeah!
The 3 disk setup is 50% cooler than a 2 disk setup. But the 2 disk setup is 67% as cool as the 3 disk setup.

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2003 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Either way, its WAY cooler then a 1 disk

And on the automatics, its all about the TV cable and adjustment. I built 3 125C's and not one lived more then a day behind my 3.4 DOHC, one of them served 8 months of flawless service behind my duke in the INDY before making it onto the DOHC. Thats what happens when the TV cable doesn't corespond with the power input.

Any way, manuals are SO MUCH MORE FUN, end of story. I converted all my Fiero's to manuals and my 350+ horspower (I hope it performs like I expect) 3.4 DOHC will need a good clutch. Spec Stage 3 sounds good to me.

Just one question, Doesn't it take a heck of alot more then 300-350 horses to run an 11.63 in a 2900 Lb. car? curious.

Excuse me while I show off alittle, can't pass up a good plug

[This message has been edited by Fierobsessed (edited 01-23-2003).]

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2003 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
I agree with you Will, Centerforce seems to care less about building a clutch that can stand up to the abuse, although they could if they cared.

You were MUCH more fortunate than I; my dual friction clutch slipped really bad once in the 8k or so it was in there with the 3.4, by no means a powerhouse. I was within the 90 days, and there were no signs of anything I did wrong, so they attributed it to my driving style and were *gracious enough* to offer me the latest Archie clutch for cost. So, I've got an Archie clutch that's worth about 450 bucks now (if you factor shipping, two clutches, and remachining the flywheel the second time). Needless to say, that was the last I'll ever deal with Centerforce. If I have a problem with this one, it's just going in the dumpster...I wasted too much of my time and money last time.

If I could do it all again, I'd go with the SPEC clutch or the standard LUK, as they're the only ones that I haven't heard problems about.

While we're on the subject of the double/triple plate clutches, does anybody know where to source hydraulic throwout bearings besides Quartermaster and Tilton?

Bryce
88 GT

bushroot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2003 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bushrootSend a Private Message to bushrootDirect Link to This Post
So, should I stay away from the Centerforce unit? Should I just shuck out the money for the Quartermaster up front and not take the chance horking a clutch?
FieroLT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2003 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLT1Click Here to visit FieroLT1's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLT1Direct Link to This Post
... never mind.

[This message has been edited by FieroLT1 (edited 01-24-2003).]

StansGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2003 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StansGTSend a Private Message to StansGTDirect Link to This Post
Bushroot: I think its the general concencus in the fiero community to stay away from the centerforce product line, in any case the centerforce product is a LUK clutch product, which napa can sell you for much less and and garantee you a replacment anytime "lifetime". So its up to you, but generally a nontraditional clutch style "multi friction disc" will hold up to the power and abuse better than the traditional "single disc, one side" style which centerforce will sell you.

------------------
02' 3800SC Poly, Koni, Enkei

bushroot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2003 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bushrootSend a Private Message to bushrootDirect Link to This Post
Thanks...Am I to assume that the Isuzu 5-speed and the Getrag use the same clutch? The reason I ask is because I've seen in a couple places a generic clutch between both the 4cyl and the 6. If they can indeed use the same clutch, again assuming, the newer Cavaliers use an Isuzu right? See where I'm going with this. The rice boy scene has brought high performance clutches to the Cavalier...drag clutches even (heaven knows why you'd want to try to drag a FWD but that's beside the point). Wouldn't this be a viable option?
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2003 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
Both transmissions use the same clutch.
They use different throw out bearings, however.

I talked to a Tilton tech today. The Getrag TOB will work with the Tilton 2 disk 7.25" clutch, but the pedal effort will increase in the last half of the release throw.

Tilton can put the Getrag's 25 mm x 14 spline in the hub, and there's plenty of room for the 2 disk. This will be my next big project.

PFF
System Bot
bushroot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2003 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bushrootSend a Private Message to bushrootDirect Link to This Post
I know I'm starting to get off topic, but does anyone know off hand if a clutch for a 95-99 J-body will fit?
bushroot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2003 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bushrootSend a Private Message to bushrootDirect Link to This Post

bushroot

496 posts
Member since Jan 2003
Will, what are you using for a flywheel on your Northstar?
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2003 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bushroot:

Will, what are you using for a flywheel on your Northstar?

'88 and later neutral balance 2.8 flywheel with plugs pressed into the V6 holes and a new bolt circle drilled.

RedOktober here on the forum makes aluminum flywheels for this application, though.

bushroot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2003 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bushrootSend a Private Message to bushrootDirect Link to This Post
Nice...I'm trying to get an idea of what I'm going to need for the swap. I don't want to put prices on things though. I'm sure that would discourage me...lol
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2003 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Will, have you considered using a generic hydraulic throw out bearing? I know Tilton and Quartermaster both have a few designs. I saw a thread where somebody was working on mounting one of these into the Getrag, I believe it was for a N* project, but I can't find the thread now.

Not only would this get rid of the "increasing load" of the stock setup, but you'd never have to worry about replacing the crappy Fiero hydraulics/clutch arm bushings again.

Bryce
88 GT

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2003 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nashco:
Not only would this get rid of the "increasing load" of the stock setup, but you'd never have to worry about replacing the crappy Fiero hydraulics/clutch arm bushings again.

Bryce
88 GT

Clutch pedal effort with the QM unit is only slightly above stock clutch (not objectional at all). Have never had a problem with my crappy Fiero hydralics/clutch arm bushings.

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2003 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bushroot:

Should I just shuck out the money for the Quartermaster up front and not take the chance horking a clutch?

Just keep in mind that if you are going to go with the Quarter Master you are not buying a clutch designed for the street, nor is this clutch going to let you get away with things a street clutch would.

Tina

bushroot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2003 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bushrootSend a Private Message to bushrootDirect Link to This Post
On/Off eh? I E-mailed a company that sells SPEC clutches. Hopefully, the model they sell for the Cavalier with an Isuzu will work. Pretty impressive numbers. I was thinking about using the stage 3 which is supposed to handle 360 lb-ft. Or, I could get ballzy and try the stage 4...might not be very streetable though.
http://www.nipponpower.com/drivetrain/clutch/spec_chevy.html
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2003 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tina:

Just keep in mind that if you are going to go with the Quarter Master you are not buying a clutch designed for the street, nor is this clutch going to let you get away with things a street clutch would.

Tina

Exactly right!!! But you've got to love the precision feel!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock