Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Honestly, what's the deal with PFF vs RFT?? (Page 8)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Honestly, what's the deal with PFF vs RFT?? by FieroGT42
Started on: 01-02-2007 02:55 AM
Replies: 404 (8189 views)
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 03-06-2007 09:51 PM
Will
Member
Posts: 13419
From: Where you least expect me
Registered: Jun 2000


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillClick Here to Email WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Oreif:

But then again it is that section that is the most pronounced as it purporsely goads people from here to troll there.


Fallacious logic. If people from here get goaded into trolling there, THEY WENT TO RFT FIRST. They have to read what's there in order to be goaded into trolling. IOW, those are people who's intent is to troll ANYWAY, like Bear when he went over there to give out a piece ov his mind (which is a bad idea... he needs to keep all he can). Also, like Bear said, If you don't like what's being said there, don't read it. In this case, that's particularly easy because it's not on this forum.

The grammar police aren't after you... just sanity checkers who make sure you're not turning into too much of a spin doctor. What you typed couldn't be spun the way you were trying to spin it.


I PwnZ payj ait.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 01-19-2007).]

IP: Logged
Formula88
Member
Posts: 53788
From: Raleigh NC
Registered: Jan 2001


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 555
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What the Hell?

Why is it so important to you RFT members that we accept and/or approve of your forum? You say repeatedly "it's only the internet" and we can read on RFT how you want to be independant from PFF (it's on your welcome page) and how your forum is so much better than here.

Are you looking for some kind of validation? Do you honestly expect anyone from here to give you kudos for a forum that has a section practically devoted to insulting and slamming this forum?

If I'm looking for technical info, why would I choose RFT over here? I've received plenty of good technical advice on this forum, and I don't have to wade through the crap or surf the forum with blinders on to get to it.

What do you RFT supporters want? Seriously. Are you looking for acceptance? Justification? Is this all about trying to get us to like you? What?
IP: Logged
fierobear
Member
Posts: 27008
From: Stuck in the People's Republic of Kalifornia
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearClick Here to Email fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Formula88:

What do you RFT supporters want? Seriously. Are you looking for acceptance? Justification? Is this all about trying to get us to like you? What?


Probably respect. We have a demand of respect from people who neither realize that respect must be earned, not given, and the real ironic part is that they have demostrated repeatedly that they don't respect anyone else. They don't give respect and seem to feel that they aren't required to. But they damn sure demand it, don't they. Sure signs of an individual that doesn't have a clue.

IP: Logged
Oreif
Member
Posts: 16460
From: Schaumburg, IL
Registered: Jan 2000


Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageClick Here to Email OreifSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Will:


Fallacious logic. If people from here get goaded into trolling there, THEY WENT TO RFT FIRST. They have to read what's there in order to be goaded into trolling. IOW, those are people who's intent is to troll ANYWAY, like Bear when he went over there to give out a piece ov his mind (which is a bad idea... he needs to keep all he can). Also, like Bear said, If you don't like what's being said there, don't read it. In this case, that's particularly easy because it's not on this forum.

The grammar police aren't after you... just sanity checkers who make sure you're not turning into too much of a spin doctor. What you typed couldn't be spun the way you were trying to spin it.


I PwnZ payj ait.



Not always. When a post is made over there, others from there and/or here tend to PM the person being targeted.
I will agree that some do go over there first, But it is not always the case.

Spun the way I wanted it? Sorry, I know what I wanted to type. If it did not come out the way I meant due to wrong sentence structure or grammer I'm sure you can get over it.


IP: Logged
Oreif
Member
Posts: 16460
From: Schaumburg, IL
Registered: Jan 2000


Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageClick Here to Email OreifSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have all seen a number of posts stating that PFF tech section doesn't hold a candle to RFT's tech section.

So for my last post in this thread, Let's compare two threads.
Threads are Technical posts for the SAME question on BOTH forums at about the same time.
NOTE: The author posted the exact same info on both.

On RFT, http://www.realfierotech.co...viewtopic.php?t=5666
There were 3 replies which only covered checking for vacuum leaks.

On PFF, http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079792.html
There were 7 replies as well as, links to how to read the codes, what the codes are, pictures and links to vacuum routing, and pictures and links to all the sensors involved including their dis-assembly.

You be the judge which one is more helpful.

Enjoy.

EDIT:
It has been brought to my attention that the previous statement I posted about the advice given on the RFT thread implied that their advice was wrong. That was not my intent nor was their advice wrong. I was merely attempting to show more helpful advice was given on the PFF thread. I offer an apology to those who felt I was mocking their advice and have changed the statement accordingly.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 01-19-2007).]

IP: Logged
fierobear
Member
Posts: 27008
From: Stuck in the People's Republic of Kalifornia
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearClick Here to Email fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Oreif:


On RFT, http://www.realfierotech.co...viewtopic.php?t=5666
There were 3 replies which at the end the original poster would be spraying WD-40 all over his vacuum lines trying to locate a leak.



Not to mention the fact that the thread in the spetic tank was started by someone using the moniker "nutswiging cletus fool". It looks like a joke, but does anyone think that kind of nickname would fly over here, even if it were a joke?

Yup, so much class over there.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 01-19-2007).]

IP: Logged
Kohburn
Member
Posts: 7349
From: Oriental, NC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now let shaun post a question in pff's tech section and see how many responses he gets.
we knew who DL10 was - we knew that he knows how to do basic maintanance on the fiero - we also has been getting trolled by him for several days and yet we still offered assistance. I wasn't going to spend all day gathering detailed data to help if he wasn't sincere.

see how many of you would actually stop to help someone who was trolling around on your forum for several days.

just something to think about.
IP: Logged
Kohburn
Member
Posts: 7349
From: Oriental, NC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kohburn

7349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
 
quote
Originally posted by fierobear:


Not to mention the fact that the thread in the spetic tank was started by an upstanding citizen with the moniker "nutswiging cletus fool". Yup, so much class over there.


thats DL10 - one of YOUR upstanding citizens -- PWNED :P
IP: Logged
fierobear
Member
Posts: 27008
From: Stuck in the People's Republic of Kalifornia
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearClick Here to Email fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Kohburn:


thats DL10 - one of YOUR upstanding citizens -- PWNED :P


No...corrected, after I figured out it was a joke.

What, are you sitting there with your cursor over the "refresh" button for this thread?

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 01-19-2007).]

IP: Logged
Formula88
Member
Posts: 53788
From: Raleigh NC
Registered: Jan 2001


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 555
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Kohburn:
infact if you started posting sincere tech questions or heck even entertaining off topic posts nobody would hold any past issues against you and would get along fine (well most anyways, there may be a few that hold grudges but i'm not one of them)



 
quote
Originally posted by Kohburn:
now let shaun post a question in pff's tech section and see how many responses he gets.
we knew who DL10 was - we knew that he knows how to do basic maintanance on the fiero - we also has been getting trolled by him for several days and yet we still offered assistance. I wasn't going to spend all day gathering detailed data to help if he wasn't sincere.

see how many of you would actually stop to help someone who was trolling around on your forum for several days.

just something to think about.


IP: Logged
Kohburn
Member
Posts: 7349
From: Oriental, NC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Formula88:



yeah and it was true -- proof in action
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kohburn
Member
Posts: 7349
From: Oriental, NC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kohburn

7349 posts
Member since Jul 2003
 
quote
Originally posted by fierobear:


No...corrected, after I figured out it was a joke.

What, are you sitting there with your cursor over the "refresh" button for this thread?



lol no but it seems like you are..
look at the time stamp on my posts.. one right after the other because i made a post - saw yours and replied to it

IP: Logged
fierobear
Member
Posts: 27008
From: Stuck in the People's Republic of Kalifornia
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearClick Here to Email fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Kohburn:


lol no but it seems like you are..
look at the time stamp on my posts.. one right after the other because i made a post - saw yours and replied to it


Nope, just working on the computer. Until now. Later...

IP: Logged
DemonDriver1
Member
Posts: 51
From: Millsboro,DE but Salisbury is better
Registered: Oct 2006


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DemonDriver1Send a Private Message to DemonDriver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you like 1 forum better than the other,
why be a member on the forum you dont care for?
Seems like everyone has a issue with the others preferred forum.
How about this.
You stay on your side, and you stay on your side.
Why do you select RFT supporters worry about a banning, or whatever else?
Why do the PFF members care whats posted on another forum??

I guess I just dont get it.


Seems like people want to argue.
Ive never seen people that own a specific car bash it constantly. RFT side.
Ive never seen people get into a froth whenever something is said about the 2.8. PFF side

Ive been to RFT, and just like here. I see a thread Im sure its not worth it. I dont read it.
How hard is that?

They seem to have a hard on for imports, but hey, whatever youre into.
I just see a lot of wasted energy.
Fueds that could be squashed, are continually fanned and kept ablaze.
Makes me miss the 80s when the teens were going through old muscle cars and foxbodys like water

:climbs off soapbox:
IP: Logged
Formula88
Member
Posts: 53788
From: Raleigh NC
Registered: Jan 2001


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 555
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Kohburn:


yeah and it was true -- proof in action


Proof that you base the help you're going to offer based on whether or not you know and like the person.
IP: Logged
Formula88
Member
Posts: 53788
From: Raleigh NC
Registered: Jan 2001


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 555
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001
 
quote
Originally posted by Formula88:

What do you RFT supporters want? Seriously. Are you looking for acceptance? Justification? Is this all about trying to get us to like you? What?


Still waiting on an answer to this. Will an RFT supporter offer a serious answer, or are you just interested in arguing?
IP: Logged
DL10
Member
Posts: 2350
From: Bloomington IL
Registered: Jun 2000


Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageClick Here to Email DL10Send a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here’s my story.
I did first go to RTF because Shaun and started a post about me DL10 when I called delicioso. out as being a troll. I do believe it turns out I was right. Anyway I was sent this link
http://www.realfierotech.co...viewtopic.php?t=3044
So my first impression of RTF was bad. I decided to sign up and speak up. I chose the user name I was being called on this site a nutswinging Cletus fool. I will admit I went there to be a Troll. My first few post were nothing but gibberish and profanity. That’s what the place is all about right. I got bored there really fast and quit going. I would check out the site {I really only went to RTF vs World section.} After reading some of this thread I decided to go back and see if anything had changed. I was told if I would go to the other sections of the site I would not see the same bull that is in the RTF vs the world section. So I did venture out to other sections this is what I found out

 
quote
Originally posted by DL10:

Lets look at the numbers from RTF on Wed Jan.17 2007

There are 13 sections to the site

Tech………………3 post Shaun ,will, 1or 2 others names
Motorsport…………0 post for 7 days
Mainteance………….1
Non tech…………….0
RTF vs world……….7
Vender…………….…0 for 25 days
For sale ……………..3
Preferred users ……. .?
Any thing goes………0
Skyline and other ….1
Other cars…………..0
Kill stories ……… …1
Arnons bath house…7

Total………………..20 post -7 rtf vs world – 7 Aarons bath house = 6 post to the forum…..3 were selling things

Now lets look at your membership numbers
1204 registered users
I counted over 300 sing ups in the bath house that were there to sell products or promote web sites
So that leaves 800 to 900 members……..and I’m sure that Shaun and a few others have 10 + member names each so they can talk to there self and get a positive response.

So my opinion ……….you have maybe 25 members who post anything worth reading.

So my conclusion…………you can call it a respectable and informational site, but on Wed most of the post were spam sign-ups or members arguing in RTF vs the world with me.


Not a lot of action other then in RTF vs the World and Aaron bath house[ trash can} They seem to get a lot of spammers join everyday to promote **** sites. I guess that’s one way to build membership.

I then decided to see how they would respond to me if I were civil and ask for help. Oreif has already posted the results above.
I posted cars for sale { even though I really hadn’t planned on selling anything } I just wanted to see which forum got the most replys.
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/035508.html
http://www.realfierotech.co...viewtopic.php?t=5665
no serious offers from RTF I had so many PM’s requesting info that I am now serisly considering selling a couple.
I made other post in a couple of other section looking to see if they do keep all the BS in the RTF vs the world section. Shaun posted his usually baiting questions What’s the Dyno #’s .1/4 times….I answered all in a nice polite way.

My conclusion………..While they do say that they are a Tech driven forum I got replies faster and more detailed right here…
And I found out that while most members treated me ok there were still
References to me being OWN35 and there were still several remarks about Archie and his work.
I think there are several members on RTF that want, and try to make it a better place. I was accepted and not attacked by them.
I’m not really one to hold any kind of a grudge, I spent 30 years as a union officer, I’m used to being told to F*** off one minute and then buying the guy a beer the next..
I know I will probably get some flack for this but the person that treated me the best was
Stimpy……….He spoke up to Shaun about his behavior and welcomed me despite the way I was acting.
After going back and reading some of my post, I realized what a ass I was being to everyone there because of my dislike of one or two members. My apologies to everyone I offended., both there and here for my remarks.

And my final thoughts …… I feel that Pennocks is my Fiero home. I think I will visit RTF from time to time, but unless you like talking to the same 10 people all the time there is not that much for me there.
IP: Logged
84fierotrevor
Member
Posts: 4998
From: puyallup washington
Registered: Oct 2001


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorClick Here to Email 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by DL10:

Here’s my story.
I did first go to RTF because Shaun and started a post about me DL10 when I called delicioso. out as being a troll. I do believe it turns out I was right. Anyway I was sent this link
http://www.realfierotech.co...viewtopic.php?t=3044
So my first impression of RTF was bad. I decided to sign up and speak up. I chose the user name I was being called on this site a nutswinging Cletus fool. I will admit I went there to be a Troll. My first few post were nothing but gibberish and profanity. That’s what the place is all about right. I got bored there really fast and quit going. I would check out the site {I really only went to RTF vs World section.} After reading some of this thread I decided to go back and see if anything had changed. I was told if I would go to the other sections of the site I would not see the same bull that is in the RTF vs the world section. So I did venture out to other sections this is what I found out


Not a lot of action other then in RTF vs the World and Aaron bath house[ trash can} They seem to get a lot of spammers join everyday to promote **** sites. I guess that’s one way to build membership.

I then decided to see how they would respond to me if I were civil and ask for help. Oreif has already posted the results above.
I posted cars for sale { even though I really hadn’t planned on selling anything } I just wanted to see which forum got the most replys.
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/035508.html
http://www.realfierotech.co...viewtopic.php?t=5665
no serious offers from RTF I had so many PM’s requesting info that I am now serisly considering selling a couple.
I made other post in a couple of other section looking to see if they do keep all the BS in the RTF vs the world section. Shaun posted his usually baiting questions What’s the Dyno #’s .1/4 times….I answered all in a nice polite way.

My conclusion………..While they do say that they are a Tech driven forum I got replies faster and more detailed right here…
And I found out that while most members treated me ok there were still
References to me being OWN35 and there were still several remarks about Archie and his work.
I think there are several members on RTF that want, and try to make it a better place. I was accepted and not attacked by them.
I’m not really one to hold any kind of a grudge, I spent 30 years as a union officer, I’m used to being told to F*** off one minute and then buying the guy a beer the next..
I know I will probably get some flack for this but the person that treated me the best was
Stimpy……….He spoke up to Shaun about his behavior and welcomed me despite the way I was acting.
After going back and reading some of my post, I realized what a ass I was being to everyone there because of my dislike of one or two members. My apologies to everyone I offended., both there and here for my remarks.

And my final thoughts …… I feel that Pennocks is my Fiero home. I think I will visit RTF from time to time, but unless you like talking to the same 10 people all the time there is not that much for me there.



again, thank u for falsey listing a car I was interested in
IP: Logged
Mach10
Member
Posts: 7375
From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Registered: Jan 2001


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Click Here to Email Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm only posting here to comment on your little "study" in case anyone tries to take it seriously:

1)Spam is a problem we're trying to deal with. There's an outside influence that's suspected. It's annoying, but what can you do except put up with it. But yes, the memberlist is inflated. It'll get fixed.

2) You're lucky you got any replies given the circumstances with which you joined. And yet civility was met with civility. It's how things go. But seriously, are you at all surprised that the whole boatload of us didn't jump all over your posts showering you with assistance or lining up to buy something from you? Get real.

3) Your troll-posts got the most attention because they were the highest profile. Again, this surprises you? I'd like to thank you, though. That was a couple hours of solid entertainment. Feel free to troll my posts anytime. No appologies needed or wanted. It's the internet, not a fist fight over some baby's momma.

4) It's the same 10 people who have a much larger tolerance than some of the others. This is to their credit, not to the detriment of others. The others come around on their own time. Yes, you'll get ribbed for prior remarks. If you didn't want that, you shouldn't have made them.

5) As for your tech help posts. In a given day we have what, 20 active members. Our member list does not currently reflect the number of active posters. Were you honestly expecting 50 posts a day? How about 5 posts you can use vs. 5 posts you can use after you pry them out of the "Yeah, me too!" or "Change your blinker fluid" posts. It's all about signal to noise.

I don't post here anymore. If you want to debate this with me, you know where to find me.
IP: Logged
84fierotrevor
Member
Posts: 4998
From: puyallup washington
Registered: Oct 2001


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorClick Here to Email 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Mach10:

I'm only posting here to comment on your little "study" in case anyone tries to take it seriously:

1)Spam is a problem we're trying to deal with. There's an outside influence that's suspected. It's annoying, but what can you do except put up with it. But yes, the memberlist is inflated. It'll get fixed.

2) You're lucky you got any replies given the circumstances with which you joined. And yet civility was met with civility. It's how things go. But seriously, are you at all surprised that the whole boatload of us didn't jump all over your posts showering you with assistance or lining up to buy something from you? Get real.

3) Your troll-posts got the most attention because they were the highest profile. Again, this surprises you? I'd like to thank you, though. That was a couple hours of solid entertainment. Feel free to troll my posts anytime. No appologies needed or wanted. It's the internet, not a fist fight over some baby's momma.

4) It's the same 10 people who have a much larger tolerance than some of the others. This is to their credit, not to the detriment of others. The others come around on their own time. Yes, you'll get ribbed for prior remarks. If you didn't want that, you shouldn't have made them.

5) As for your tech help posts. In a given day we have what, 20 active members. Our member list does not currently reflect the number of active posters. Were you honestly expecting 50 posts a day? How about 5 posts you can use vs. 5 posts you can use after you pry them out of the "Yeah, me too!" or "Change your blinker fluid" posts. It's all about signal to noise.

I don't post here anymore. If you want to debate this with me, you know where to find me.


That pretty much sums up exactly what happend.... I joined under the same circimstanzes as you, except i argued with everything posted in rft vs the world for months, then stimpy asked me if i had acctualy tried posting in the other sections, so I made a few posts waiting to get jumped on from other forum members still arguing with me in rft vs the world, so that I could copy and paste them back in rft vs the world, to show what a **** ass forum they had, but that didn't happend. I ended up getting answers to my questions. with no bullshit involved, one guy was even a bmw tech that helped me out alot. i relized there was a ton more members on rft vs the world, i had never seen. because i never ventured out of rft vs the world, and they hadn't ventured into there.
i ended up sticking around, and liked the place alot, sure I got some ribbing from previous stuff i had posted in rft vs the world, from a couple members, but what was i supposed to expectt? i spammed there forum disputing everything they posted, for like 6 months!
so i stuck around and after what a week? of posting regular I never got ribbed about anything again? I mean, I could of run off here back to pennocks and posted my findings to the pff crowd to get appulse from them, and act all upset that they ribbed me for spamming there forum, but I am not a pussy, so i dealt with my Consequences of getting ribbed like 2 or 3 times, and ended up really enjoying the forum.
IP: Logged
Kohburn
Member
Posts: 7349
From: Oriental, NC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Formula88:


Proof that you base the help you're going to offer based on whether or not you know and like the person.


I offered help DESPITE at the time having an issue with the person and only held back over concern of motives.

if that makes me a bad person in your book then so be it. no skin off my back.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fierotrevor
Member
Posts: 4998
From: puyallup washington
Registered: Oct 2001


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorClick Here to Email 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Formula88:


Proof that you base the help you're going to offer based on whether or not you know and like the person.


same way it gos here pal, look up some of my threads in archives, im not the only one ether, u piss people off in this fourm, and they won't help you.

i also like how people call me names, tell me to stay on rft, then i list somthing for sale, and receive pm's from some of the members telling me that, that say "hey trev buddy, whats the friend price for that, i really want it, can u hold it for me for tell next week? I will offer u more then the person who wants it right now...
give him a hand everyone! its the old self proclaimed intelligent pervert man that likes to oggle 17 year old minors
along with like 20 other old pervs.
IP: Logged
crzyone
Member
Posts: 3571
From: Alberta, Canada
Registered: Dec 2000


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneClick Here to Email crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by crzyone in RFT Other Cars:
Why does the seem like a baited topic?

I spotted where DL10 was comming from a mile away. Thats why people like myself didn't respond to his posts. It was obvious that he was baiting.

A member who is a troll and not respected will not get the results he is trying to prove. I'd like to see how much useful info he gets now if he tries to....

Thanks for wasting peoples time DL10, real mature.

[This message has been edited by crzyone (edited 01-19-2007).]

IP: Logged
dguy
Member
Posts: 2414
From: Beckwith Township, ON, Canada
Registered: Jan 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Oreif:

So for my last post in this thread, Let's compare two threads.
Threads are Technical posts for the SAME question on BOTH forums at about the same time.
NOTE: The author posted the exact same info on both.


I find it interesting how you apparently find value in pitting what is essentially the timed response of one forum against another, even though the number of active posters on each is vastly different.
IP: Logged
DL10
Member
Posts: 2350
From: Bloomington IL
Registered: Jun 2000


Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageClick Here to Email DL10Send a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by crzyone:


Thanks for wasting peoples time DL10, real mature.



isn't that whats the internet is for ?

.............like I said I did my test ...I. found out what I wanted to and feel like I wasted 3 days of my life on RFT. I came to the same conclusion I started with..If I want to talk S***. thats where I will go... and I feel for anyone who has over 10,000 post on a couple of internet forums in 2 years really needs to get a real life.. Flame away.......I think both sites would be better if everyone in this thread would just stay one one site or the other. make a choice and stay there.

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 01-20-2007).]

IP: Logged
Formula88
Member
Posts: 53788
From: Raleigh NC
Registered: Jan 2001


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 555
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:


same way it gos here pal, look up some of my threads in archives, im not the only one ether, u piss people off in this fourm, and they won't help you.


Fair enough. Which is one reason I don't have a use for the tech forum on RFT. Since I've apparently pissed off some people on RFT, I shouldn't expect them to help me. And depending on who replied to any tech thread I might post, I may not trust them to give me accurate data.

That was part of my point all along. I see you're in agreement.
IP: Logged
Kohburn
Member
Posts: 7349
From: Oriental, NC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by DL10:


isn't that whats the internet is for ?

.............like I said I did my test ...I. found out what I wanted to and feel like I wasted 3 days of my life on RTF. I came to the same conclusion I started with.......It's a good place to take a S***.... and I feel for anyone who has over 10,000 post on a couple of internet forums in 2 years really needs to get a real life.. Flame away.......I think both sites would be better if everyone in this thread would just stay one one site or the other. make a choice and stay there.



so are you renig'ing on your appolgy? I don't think anyone should have to make a choice and do one or the other. plenty of people can get along on both just fine.

heck most of the people on both forums are more liked on PFF than the people that don't post on RFT
IP: Logged
84fierotrevor
Member
Posts: 4998
From: puyallup washington
Registered: Oct 2001


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorClick Here to Email 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Formula88:


Fair enough. Which is one reason I don't have a use for the tech forum on RFT. Since I've apparently pissed off some people on RFT, I shouldn't expect them to help me. And depending on who replied to any tech thread I might post, I may not trust them to give me accurate data.

That was part of my point all along. I see you're in agreement.


yes, i do agree, and i understand why u don't use rft, thats fine with me, im not asking u to join. or anyone else,

however i have noticed, that when desagreeing with people of here, they just ignore me and i get help from the people i did not get into a argument with.

on rft i spamed the holyliving hell out of there forum, then went into another section asked a question, and got good answers from someone who was just arguing with me in rft vs the world. look in my old threads there u will see what i mean.

i enjoy both forums, so im happy, the only thing that bothers me is when i get in a argument with someone i don't agree with, and there best reply is: "go back to the shitcan forums noob loser*, i find it expesily funny when I have been a part of this online community for over 5 years. and some dude that joined 6 months ago, and happends to not like someone on rft, tells me to get the **** out. because he does not agree with me, over somthing like how effective an abs control system is. like its his forum.

no one gives me crap for visiting r1-forums.com stuntlife.com bimmerforums.com or thefuseforums.com but as soon as its another fiero website with someone, someone else doesn't like on it, I am suddenly someone that does not belong here anymore, even after being here for over 5 years. and making friends on this forum, in person and some i have not met yet.
i am suddenly someone who has to go back to rft. which i have been a member of for less then a year, like i origonaly came from there or some dumb crap like that.

i enjoy multiple forums. and use them to get the most out of my veichles/bikes.
IP: Logged
84fierotrevor
Member
Posts: 4998
From: puyallup washington
Registered: Oct 2001


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorClick Here to Email 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Kohburn:


so are you renig'ing on your appolgy? I don't think anyone should have to make a choice and do one or the other. plenty of people can get along on both just fine.

heck most of the people on both forums are more liked on PFF than the people that don't post on RFT


LOL, I am going to post this on a few other forums, and my myspace bulliten this is hilerious! seriously laughed out loud at this! dude joins rft and spams the **** out of it!
goes into another section and gets treated nicley dispte him being a dickhead, comes back to pennocks, and makes an apologey saying he was wrong about alot of the forum. but that he got more responses on pennocks, which has way more members, rft members say they would have offerd more help if they had taken him seriously but they new he was just trying to prove a point so they didn't put as much effort into it, but yet still helped him. and rft members do not find it ammusing he was wasting there time asking question's and listing things for sale he had no interest in or plane to sell. so now he is calling rft a place he would take a **** in!! completly reversing his orgional post!! lol. this is ****ing hilerious!!
IP: Logged
Oreif
Member
Posts: 16460
From: Schaumburg, IL
Registered: Jan 2000


Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageClick Here to Email OreifSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Oreif:

We have all seen a number of posts stating that PFF tech section doesn't hold a candle to RFT's tech section.

So for my last post in this thread, Let's compare two threads.
Threads are Technical posts for the SAME question on BOTH forums at about the same time.
NOTE: The author posted the exact same info on both.

On RFT, http://www.realfierotech.co...viewtopic.php?t=5666
There were 3 replies which only covered checking for vacuum leaks.

On PFF, http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079792.html
There were 7 replies as well as, links to how to read the codes, what the codes are, pictures and links to vacuum routing, and pictures and links to all the sensors involved including their dis-assembly.

You be the judge which one is more helpful.

Enjoy.



It has been brought to my attention that the previous statement I posted about the advice given on the RFT thread implied that their advice was wrong. That was not my intent nor was their advice wrong. I was merely attempting to show more helpful advice was given on the PFF thread. I offer an apology to those who felt I was mocking their advice and have changed the statement accordingly.
IP: Logged
buddycraigg
Member
Posts: 13353
From: kansas city, mo
Registered: Jul 2002


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 475
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggClick Here to Email buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think i have a user name for rft, although i wouldn't be able to remember my password if i had a gun to my head.
i simply dont have time to read through the post on two forums.

i question Dave's data, he is liked here, where as over there he is thought of as a troll and people have reason so suspect him.
so i can see he would get more responces here.
i read the tech thread, the answers were ,for the most part, mirrors of what was posted here. so we all think along the same lines. there were a couple of suggestions that i shook my head at. but i do that all the time here too.

and about him waisting peoples time, i have asked the same question on different forums before in hopes of getting an answer faster.

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 01-19-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg
Member
Posts: 13353
From: kansas city, mo
Registered: Jul 2002


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 475
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggClick Here to Email buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Oreif:
It has been brought to my attention that the previous statement I posted about the advice given on the RFT thread implied that their advice was wrong.


the advise for that step wasn't wrong. but a useless test for this instance. the vacuum lines for the egr system do not have any vacuum in them at idle.
it would not have proved or disproved a vacuum leak.
IP: Logged
84fierotrevor
Member
Posts: 4998
From: puyallup washington
Registered: Oct 2001


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorClick Here to Email 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by buddycraigg:


the advise for that step wasn't wrong. but a useless test for this instance. the vacuum lines for the egr system do not have any vacuum in them at idle.
it would not have proved or disproved a vacuum leak.


that THING in your buddy icon scares me
IP: Logged
Kohburn
Member
Posts: 7349
From: Oriental, NC
Registered: Jul 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by buddycraigg:


the advise for that step wasn't wrong. but a useless test for this instance. the vacuum lines for the egr system do not have any vacuum in them at idle.
it would not have proved or disproved a vacuum leak.



so long as the solenoid isn't stuck open or leaking.. and it would show if there was a leak..
not the first thing i would check though
IP: Logged
buddycraigg
Member
Posts: 13353
From: kansas city, mo
Registered: Jul 2002


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 475
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggClick Here to Email buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Kohburn:
so long as the solenoid isn't stuck open or leaking.. and it would show if there was a leak..
not the first thng i would check though


there is no vacuum going TO the solenoid at idle. even if there was a crack in the line from the throttle body to the solenoid, you still wouldn't be able to test for it that way.

I thought about it more on the drive home, and that test might actually be counterproductive.
If dave tested for a vacuum leak with WD-40, carb cleaner, starting fluid, or even a propane touch (not lit of course) on the egr lines. There would be no response from the car. So he could possibly assume that he did not have a vacuum leak. Which might still be the problem.

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 01-19-2007).]

IP: Logged
buddycraigg
Member
Posts: 13353
From: kansas city, mo
Registered: Jul 2002


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 475
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggClick Here to Email buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

buddycraigg

13353 posts
Member since Jul 2002
 
quote
Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:
that THING in your buddy icon scares me


are you talking about on myspace?
IP: Logged
buddycraigg
Member
Posts: 13353
From: kansas city, mo
Registered: Jul 2002


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 475
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggClick Here to Email buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i couldn't find any user name for me so i created one. but apperently i have to be "approved".
IP: Logged
crzyone
Member
Posts: 3571
From: Alberta, Canada
Registered: Dec 2000


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneClick Here to Email crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by buddycraigg:

i couldn't find any user name for me so i created one. but apperently i have to be "approved".


This was just implimented to stop the spammers from India, as of a few hours ago.
IP: Logged
fierobear
Member
Posts: 27008
From: Stuck in the People's Republic of Kalifornia
Registered: Aug 2000


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearClick Here to Email fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by buddycraigg:


there is no vacuum going TO the solenoid at idle. even if there was a crack in the line from the throttle body to the solenoid, you still wouldn't be able to test for it that way.

I thought about it more on the drive home, and that test might actually be counterproductive.
If dave tested for a vacuum leak with WD-40, carb cleaner, starting fluid, or even a propane touch (not lit of course) on the egr lines. There would be no response from the car. So he could possibly assume that he did not have a vacuum leak. Which might still be the problem.



I went to a fight, and a tech thread broke out.

IP: Logged
buddycraigg
Member
Posts: 13353
From: kansas city, mo
Registered: Jul 2002


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 475
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggClick Here to Email buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by fierobear:
I went to a fight, and a tech thread broke out.


sorry, i'll take this back to the tech section
IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay



Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock