Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus (Page 36)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus by maryjane
Started on: 01-22-2020 01:32 AM
Replies: 1454 (20620 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 01-02-2021 09:04 AM
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2020 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

This one?

I've worn something similar when working in radiation remediation back in tha 1980s.
They aren't bad. Worked one job for 62 days straight, 8-12-16 hrs per day.

The mask thing wasn't too bad, but the suit, with it's duct tape to our rubber boots and rubber gloves was pretty bad..

I'm surprised your employer hasn't requisitioned M50 M 54 Avon CBRN masks for you.

Yep, that one.
The mask thing is getting REALLY STUPID. I have always said I wear a mask with out protesting it. I have always said that other people matter to me and that includes making them "feel" " safe" by seeing masks on people. Ho harm , no foul.
NOW, though I have learned that according to the mask experts (who by the way are an outside agency that also have been contracted to do our weekly covid testing) that I have been misusing this N95 mask the entire time I have had them. I have been putting it on wrong, even though I NEVER uncovered my nose or mouth. I have worn the mask with a running nose (this is not allowed) I have worn the mask unshaven (this is not allowed). I have never smoked but the N95 is not allowed for smokers, asthmatics, or ANY THYPE of lung issues WITHOUT A DR. APPROVAL. There is no doubt that according to the guidelines set by this company, that nearly 100% of the masks out in public are used incorrectly or are not the correct mask at all. After all, how many people have gone to the Dr. for a mask fit, instruction and clearance? I bet VERY FEW.
This thing is out of control. No wonder so many people are rebelling against it.
IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2020 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many people rebel against it because they were led to do so by those who had no idea what a mask's purpose was to begin with.

To help prevent spreading any infectious disease from an infected person to an uninfected person.
It's why medical people have worn them FOR DECADES.
Any mask helps some. No mask is 100% effective. All masks are better than no mask and will and has helped to prevent the spread of this and other illnessess, .
People that don't understand those basics should remain in their own homes and away from the rest of the world.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2020 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The guy on the right looks like he is trying really hard not to laugh.

I'll bet the two girls with their backs to the camera are flashing them.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 12-09-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2020 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

The guy on the right looks like he is trying really hard not to laugh.

I'll bet the two girls with their backs to the camera are flashing them.

If, I get one of these things for work, I will have my partners sign it like a cast. LOL
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2020 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having gone through training for masks and respirators most people are using them wrong.
Face hair has to go, if you have a beard or mustache then the mask is not going to seal.
It means that its not as effective as it could be.
Will it keep you from spitting on me when you talk to me? Yes it will.

That said, does wearing a mask make those that would normally stay home more secure and thus they are going out more?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2020 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Having gone through training for masks and respirators most people are using them wrong.
Face hair has to go, if you have a beard or mustache then the mask is not going to seal.

That said, does wearing a mask make those that would normally stay home more secure and thus they are going out more?

That of course would be for each individual to answer, but me wearing my mask in no way makes me feel a lot safer. It only makes me feel I am doing at least the minimum to .......minimize the chance I might spread it to someone else, and that's pretty much what people I interact with peronally say about their own mask choices. Does my mask help "me"?
Probably, but I don't rely on it to do so and I don't base my daily decisions on having a mask on TO protect me.
The science is pretty clear on it, but it's very much like being in combat. No good soldier is primarily concerned about himself. He relies on his brother to keep him safe and he keeps his brothers in arms safe.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2020 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That of course would be for each individual to answer, but me wearing my mask in no way makes me feel a lot safer. It only makes me feel I am doing at least the minimum to .......minimize the chance I might spread it to someone else, and that's pretty much what people I interact with peronally say about their own mask choices. Does my mask help "me"?
Probably, but I don't rely on it to do so and I don't base my daily decisions on having a mask on TO protect me.
The science is pretty clear on it, but it's very much like being in combat. No good soldier is primarily concerned about himself. He relies on his brother to keep him safe and he keeps his brothers in arms safe.

Don, you make MUCH more sense than the idiots that are making the rules. IF, they said the same as you I would agree. People like, biden, aoc, and polocy are not saying the same thing. And while I am at it, neither are dozens or hundreds of politicians Nation wide. They only want the common folk to do the restrictions, But the restrictions do not apply to the " upper class". This is another reason why people say "F, the mask". If the ruling class can't do the restrictions then I don't expect ANYONE to do them. Do I want people to be responsible? HELL YES, but the idiots in control continuously make that impossible. If they followed the guidelines they set and recommend "DEMAND" then people would be much more likely to do it as well.
You can say all you want till you are blue in the face about what people should do to be patriotic, or compassionate to help one another and be a productive member of society, BUT if the people think the leaders aren't doing it for the right reason? Yah, it ain't going to happen. You and others who want the right thing to happen can thank our great democratic liberal leaders for ANY AND EVERY rebellion against the lockdowns and mandatory masking.
People HATE political hypocrisy, even if it is done in the name of "safety".

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 12-09-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2020 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Specifically referring to a vaccine it would seem that if you and I choose to take the vaccine then it doesn't matter what others do, we will be protected from them. No need for the government to enforce any draconian rules.

No need for the government to enforce any draconian rules 'on those' that get the vaccine I suppose.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2020 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69649 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2020 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

It also shouldn't just be made out of T shirt....

Plus some people seem to think they wear a mask and all is well, such as it means washing hands, sanitizing, and quarantining unwashable items don't need to happen. Common sense is all it takes.
(An uncommon thing)
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2020 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had someone at work today show up in that "box outfit" ... the thing that covers the whole top of the body and makes you look like a space man...

It kind of looked like this, but it was something you actually buy, and it goes all the way down to your waist...

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2020 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is he still sore about the way that hydroxychloroquine "bombed" when it matineed at the FDA?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-11-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2020 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2020 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2020 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Despite widespread anxiety over C-19, medical studies have been clear from early on that it poses such a minor threat to most people that they may barely know they have it: "

https://www.justfacts.com/n...d-19_essential_facts

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2020 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"most people" survive war too.
Therefore, we shouldn't go to any great lengths to avoid it.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2020 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2020 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fact. 1,611,637 dead people this year aren't grasping at anything.

Fact. 305,082 dead Americans know only one thing, that it's better to be alive.

Focusing on the survivors so the numbers of dead seem less important is the ultimate in the grasping of straws.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2020 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.justfacts.com/n...d-19_essential_facts

Context is everything

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 12-13-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2020 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw it the first time. No need for you to grasp even more. It won't bring them back nor alleviate any of the grief.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2020 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I saw it the first time. No need for you to grasp even more. It won't bring them back nor alleviate any of the grief.

And no one ever said it would. My point is that blaming all those deaths on the virus alone is false. Did I misunderstand your posting of the death numbers?
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2020 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a fact, not looking for anything.

One of the first people I met after moving to California has been in the ICU for weeks.
They have asked the family to give consent to use her organs when she passes.
There will be no extra effort made to keep her alive. Not by choice, the family was told there were no options.

****ing hate this world and most of the people in it.
She is still hanging in there but her ventilator is on 80% and they are asking the family to make a decision.
She is my girlfriends best friend, my girlfriend is trying to be strong, for now...
The hardest part is there is nothing we can do, can't even visit.

I have never questioned if this is real or not, it is real. I hate those that have twisted it to push an agenda.
So much suffering.. I hope it was worth it.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2020 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by maryjane:
Fact. 305,082 dead Americans know only one thing, that it's better to be alive.

False. You're stating an opinion, not fact. Facts are provable.
I'm positive those who have moved on are not concerned with lower topics in this Earth. This is not your ultimate goal.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2020 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

And no one ever said it would. My point is that blaming all those deaths on the virus alone is false. Did I misunderstand your posting of the death numbers?

I keep seeing people alluding to 'gross over counting', but I NEVER see anyone post anything other than a relatively (very) low % of it actually happening.
A post that showed up just last week on a military forum made up mostly of people my own age that I normally thought to be relatively well informed and pretty intelligent, but I'm beginning to think they get their information from the same places MeM does.

Posted by Stephen 58:
The COVID deaths are being used,100%, for political purposes.

Posted in response, by Harry Mc:
Stephen, you are right on point. No one dies of anything else. Car accident deaths are down 100%.

My response in that thread:
100% decline in auto deaths (regardless of the total #) would mean there haven't been any auto deaths at all, which is preposterous.

https://www.caranddriver.co...-deaths-coronavirus/
In hard numbers, 2020 looks pretty good so far compared to 2019. The number of people who have died in motor vehicle traffic crashes was down from 16,988 in 2019 to 16,650 in 2020, a decrease of 2 percent.

Early NHTSA data for 2020 shows only a 3.3% decrease in the first 6 months of 2020.
https://www.nhtsa.gov/press...0period%20in%202019.

NHTSA also released preliminary fatality estimates for the first half of 2020. The second quarter of 2020, during the height of the COVID-19 public health emergency, showed a continued decline in overall traffic fatalities. The FARS data indicate that an estimated 8,870 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes in the second quarter of 2020, a decrease of about 3.3% compared to the second quarter of 2019, which translates into 302 fewer fatalities as compared to the same period in 2019.

You will never find anywhere or anyone with more than a few brain cells in the head that will even attempt to prove otherwise and if they do attempt to do so, it will be with unsubstantiated rhetoric and hyperbole and not with facts or data.

It's almost as if well educated reasonable adults have suddenly opted for a partial lobotomy and now just believe anything anyone else reads and passes it around as if it were true.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-18-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2020 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69649 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by sourmash:

I'm positive those who have moved on are not concerned with lower topics in this Earth. This is not your ultimate goal.

False. You're stating an opinion, not fact. Facts are provable

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2020 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

False. You're stating an opinion, not fact. Facts are provable

False, you said it was fact, I didn't.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2020 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Semantics I suppose.

You didn't say you thought you were positive ..you stated you were/are positive.
Being 'positive' leaves no room for error.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2020 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Semantics I suppose.

You didn't say you thought you were positive ..you stated you were/are positive.
Being 'positive' leaves no room for error.

Oh, I'm still positive. It's not at all semantics. Unless I believed my opinion was godly (small g).

Belief in an opinion cannot determine fact, whether a person wants to accept that or not.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 12-18-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2020 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, I'm still positive. It's not at all semantics. Unless I believed my opinion was godly (small g).

Belief in an opinion cannot determine fact, whether a person wants to accept that or not.

So, in fact... your "I'm positive" comment (highlighted above) is nothing more than your personal conjecture. Sorry, but I'm more inclined to believe MJ's opinion (on anything) than yours.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2020 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Many thousands of juries and appeal court justices will disagree with that.
So will many who are wrongly incarcerated.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2020 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

So, in fact... your "I'm positive" comment (highlighted above) is nothing more than your personal conjecture. Sorry, but I'm more inclined to believe MJ's opinion (on anything) than yours.

Well look who just comprehended what I said, twice. I knew you could.

Anyway, you're wrong. He said it's a fact. But you agreed with me that it's an opinion.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 12-18-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2020 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sourmash

4558 posts
Member since Jul 2016

Many thousands of juries and appeal court justices will disagree with that.
So will many who are wrongly incarcerated.

There are some really dumb people on juries, but there are almost no justices who would have a problem explaining to you where you are wrong.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2020 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are some really dumb people on juries, but there are almost no justices who would have a problem explaining to you where you are wrong.

Well, when you find one and get him registered here, I'll listen to what he says, but until then, I'll assume your opinion regarding the word 'positive' is worth exactly the time you spent typing it, same as mine.

(and no, MeM is NOT a justice)

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2020 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're got the hang of it. Opinion does not equate to fact, which is what I've said all along. That is a fact. I'm positive of that.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2020 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"WHO Deletes Naturally Acquired Immunity from Its Website"

https://www.aier.org/articl...ty-from-its-website/

The author thinks politics are at play. I agree.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2020 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2020 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.reuters.com/art...seless-idUSKBN28C2R7

https://www.bloomberg.com/n...ty-remains-a-mystery

https://www.bloomberg.com/n...s-stopping-the-virus

https://fortune.com/2020/11...immunity-covid-poll/

https://www.worldpoliticsre...there-be-a-reckoning

https://www.wsj.com/article...periment-11607261658

Sweden, with it's much touted 'herd immunity' approach now (as of today) has more total cases than Norway, Finland, and Denmark have, combined.
Sweden also (as of today) has more deaths/million than those 3 narions have, combined.
Of 270 nations being tracked, herd immunity poster child Sweden now ranks # 25 in deaths/million population.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-26-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2020 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sweden, with it's much touted 'herd immunity' approach now (as of today) has more total cases than Norway, Finland, and Denmark have, combined.
Sweden also (as of today) has more deaths/million than those 3 narions have, combined.
Of 270 nations being tracked, herd immunity poster child Sweden now ranks # 25 in deaths/million population.

You realize you have shown that Sweden has not reached herd immunity yet? Those links all read as politicians losing their resolve.

The question is if they reach it through natural selection or with vaccines (or a combo).

Individual states in the US have decided to implement lockdowns and hope for a vaccine. Now that we have vaccines the question is how many people does it take to achieve herd immunity through vaccinations?

Now I signed up for the Chinese Covid vaccine. It's supposed to be available January 15th for healthcare workers. I'm not sure why pilots are high on the list. I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and jump in head first. Hopefully I won't break my neck.

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 12-26-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2020 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be a herd of one.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-26-2020 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What does a healthy person stand to gain by taking this hastily prepared vaccine?
How do the risks weigh against that benefit of taking the vaccine?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock