Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus (Page 35)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus by maryjane
Started on: 01-22-2020 01:32 AM
Replies: 1454 (20618 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 01-02-2021 09:04 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2020 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2020 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Could have seen this one coming.
https://www.zerohedge.com/m...coronavirus-backlash

There you go with the trash web sites again.....
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2020 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Where are you MJ? Haven't checked in lately.

Been busy with my farm stuff, plus had a major malfunction with 1 of my shop overhead door springs. It went

and scared the crap out of me about the time I got the door 1/2 way up...had to replace both springs.
Been fishing some and cutting up some fallen limbs and a tree that had fallen, got hung in another tree then finally fell accross my pond dam. (YAYY!!)

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2020 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Been fishing some and cutting up some fallen limbs and a tree that had fallen, got hung in another tree then finally fell accross my pond dam. (YAYY!!)

Someone oughta do something about all those damn trees...….. Where's the beavers when you need them.

Rams

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-05-2020 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking a good supply of tannerite would be a lot more entertaining.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2020 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Updates
May 5: 24,798 new cases and 2,350 new deaths in the United States.

134,475 deaths by August 4 (total cumulative count, with uncertainty range from 95,092 to 242,890 deaths) now projected in the USA by Dr. Murray and researchers in Washington state in the COVID-19 forecasting model by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) used by the US Government. [view here]
The initial model, released on March 26 and online until the beginning of May, was projecting 81,766 deaths by the same date (with uncertainty range from 49,431 to 136,401) [view archived page] More information on the update and the new forecasting model implemented on May 4 are explained here
The institute wrote that the revisions reflected “rising mobility in most U.S. states as well as the easing of social distancing measures expected in 31 states by May 11, indicating that growing contacts among people will promote transmission of the coronavirus” [source]
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-07-2020 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2020 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting

https://www.chathamdailynew...2a-98d1-4c7189dd09d1

Can't be true. Everyone knows corona virus is the same thing as the flu (and no worse than flu) and Coronavirus only affects old people with pre-existing conditions

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-07-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2020 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting

https://www.chathamdailynew...2a-98d1-4c7189dd09d1

Have you ever read or seen "The Andromeda Strain"?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-07-2020 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The more articles I read the more convinced I am that nobody has the slightest clue whats really going on with this bug.

It's the blind leading the blind and trying to guess what it will do next.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2020 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Updates May 10 (GMT)
20,329 new cases and 750 new deaths in the United States
Lowest number of new cases and lowest number of new deaths since the end of March

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regents Professor Michael T. Osterholm, PhD, is the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota.

As a guest on the Monday night edition of "The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell", Dr. Osterholm reminds prospective SARS-CoV-2 virus replication centers nationwide--that's you and me and everyone else in this nation--that "It's not how fast you test, it's how you test fast."

Either of these Internet page links provides this brief video content:

YouTube video (47 seconds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--P3Hxx8BeA

Or... MSNBC(.com)
https://www.msnbc.com/the-l...not-true-83315781913

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-12-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Santa Clara County surrounds the city of San Jose and includes a large swath of California's "Silicon Valley." There are almost 2 million residents. Santa Clara County Health Officer Dr. Sara Cody was among the first in the nation to push for "stay at home" or "shelter in place" interpretations of "social distancing" as a response to the strains of the SARS-CoV-2 virus that started to be detected in the United States during 1Q 2020.

I just stumbled upon this in the San Jose Mercury News online.

Stanford University researchers have moderated their controversial estimate of how many people in Santa Clara County were infected by the COVID-19 virus by early April — but stand by their conclusion that the illness was much more widespread than anyone knew.

In a revised analysis of a startling study published last month, they now estimate that 2.8% of Santa Clara residents were previously infected by the virus but didn’t know it.

That implies that the county had up to 54,000 infections — many more than the 1,000 confirmed cases in the county [that were being reported] at the time.

If true, it means that the large majority of people [in Santa Clara County] who contracted COVID-19 [were infected with the virus] in the early days of the pandemic have recovered without ever knowing they were infected. With so many undetected infections, it also means that the death rate is lower than presumed.

The team’s initial study was slightly higher, placing the estimate of infected residents between 2.5% to 4.15%, which suggested up to 81,000 infections.

That study, the first of its type in the nation, incited a fierce debate over the paper’s methodology, with statisticians taking to Twitter to debate sampling methods and test reliability.

That's part of a longer report.

"Coronavirus: Revised Stanford estimate says Santa Clara County had 54 times more cases than we knew about"

After criticism, the researchers corrected some of the statistical imperfections with new data and analyses

Lisa M Krieger for the San Jose Mercury News; May 11, 2020.
https://www.mercurynews.com...-than-we-knew-about/

It makes me wonder if there was any kriging of the data.

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two comments about that table of mortality numbers:

First, it would appear to be comparing the entire 24 months of 2017 and 2018 to just the most recent two or two and a half months since Covid-19 deaths were being recorded here in the U.S. in any numbers.

And second, the Covid-19 deaths have been during a time of statewide lockdowns to various degrees. The social distancing and "stay at home" or "shelter in place" declarations that have been in effect, across or within various states that altogether, add up to most of the people in this country.

The deaths from influenza and pneumonia that are side by side in that table were not affected by any social distancing (that I'm aware of.)

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect the 2017-2018 flu season was chosen for a reason.

By ASSOCIATED PRESS SEPTEMBER 26, 2018

CDC:50,000- 80,000 people died of flu last winter in U.S., highest death toll in 40 years

CDC actually says 2017-2018 death from flu in the US was 61,099.
2018-2019 death toll from flu was 34,157, but that isn't as sensationalistic as using the worst flu season.

(you can check every season from 2010 to 2019 here )

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-12-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roger that. And when I brought up these SARS-CoV-2 statewide and municipal lockdowns and social distancing, I want to highlight the difference in air travel.

I am not about to look up the numbers at this minute, but aren't we talking about passenger air travel and numbers of flights that are just 10 percent, compared to 2017 and 2018? International and within the United States?

I think that is likely HUGE in terms of how the disease experts are looking at the SARS-CoV-2 statistics, as far as infections, hospitalizations and deaths.

There's no basis for comparison with those numbers.

"It's not how fast you test, it's how you test fast."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-17-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2020 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To me, Texas is running behind the curve on testing.
29 million population here and so far, the State dashboard says they have tested only 678,471 people.
Public tests
Private Labs

My county now has 12 active cases. Zero deaths.
My state has 46,999 total cumulative Cases Reported
1,305 Fatalities
26,601 estimated Recovered
An Estimated 19,093 active cases.

Texas began relaxing their distancing and lockdown protocols on May 1 or approx 2 weeks ago.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2020 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Putting a thumb on the scales: Seasonal influenza deaths being overestimated and Covid-19 deaths, underestimated.

In a report published Thursday in the Journal of the American Medicine Association, Drs. Carlos del Rio and Jeremy Faust suggested that people were incorrectly using the flu-to-coronavirus comparison to downplay the severity and deadliness of COVID-19. . . .

Holly Secon for Business Insider; May 14, 2020.
https://www.businessinsider...ounted-report-2020-5

That's the "over the counter" version. Here's the "prescription" version. Just a few (albeit, long) paragraphs and a list of sources and references.

Assessment of Deaths From COVID-19 and From Seasonal Influenza
Jeremy Samuel Faust (MD, MS) and Carlos del Rio (MD) for the Journal of the AMA (JAMA) for Internal Medicine; May 14, 2020.
https://jamanetwork.com/j ou...=tfl&utm_term=051420

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-18-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2020 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You will never get the conspiracy theorists/deniers to understand or accept any of that Rinselberg.

Months back, I posted a quote from CDC that very plainly explained what the links you posted coroborated, and in fact, CDC stated that in any given year, there are relatively few mortality reports that said the deceased actually died form the flu. Most simply say 'respiratory failure from flu like illness' and up to a year later, CDC extrapolates a number for total deaths, based not on deaths, but on the number of reported flu cases.

I do very much hope this all fades and the virus becomes a minor problem and this thread equally fades into obscurity.

My initial interest in the virus and reason for starting the thread is stems from my long held interest in Asia and the fact that China did go public with the virus, albeit late and not entirely transparently. For China to even tell/admit to the world that they have an internal problem is a rare occurrence. I very much suspected then, that this was more than 'just a flu'.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2020 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First, from the Washington Post

"Shutdowns prevented 60 million coronavirus infections in the U.S., study finds"

Shutdown orders prevented about 60 million novel coronavirus infections in the United States and 285 million in China, according to a research study published Monday that examined how stay-at-home orders and other restrictions limited the spread of the contagion.

A separate study from epidemiologists at Imperial College London estimated the shutdowns saved about 3.1 million lives in 11 European countries, including 500,000 in the United Kingdom, and dropped infection rates by an average of 82 percent, sufficient to drive the contagion well below epidemic levels.

The two reports, published simultaneously Monday in the journal Nature, used completely different methods to reach similar conclusions. They suggest that the aggressive and unprecedented shutdowns, which caused massive economic disruptions and job losses, were effective at halting the exponential spread of the novel coronavirus.
Joel Achenbach and Laura Meckler for the Washington Post; June 8, 2020.
https://www.washingtonpost....ions-us-study-finds/

Maybe you don't like the Washington Post. Maybe you don't like the University of California, either; especially, the Berkeley campus.

"Emergency COVID-19 measures prevented more than 500 million infections, study finds"
Edward Lempinen for UC Berkeley News; June 8, 2020.
https://news.berkeley.edu/2...ections-study-finds/

The first of the two reports described in the Washington Post has been accepted for publication in the professional science journal Nature. Odds are, you neither especially like or dislike "Nature."
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2404-8

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow interviewed one of the authors and researchers, This is YouTube video content. It's two brief video segments. You don't like Rachel Maddow, but you're usually a sucker for online video content, if it's brief.
https://youtu.be/1uxjmsyU2NE
https://youtu.be/xITuamBe3KU

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2020 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2020 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So protesters have been out in mass amounts of people.
This was yesterday.
Protesters in Los Angles.

Its been two weeks, I would have expected more of a turn out for the Corona.
longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://fee.org/articles/np...-experts-fail-again/

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

longjonsilver

1064 posts
Member since Nov 2001

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2020 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brought this back for one reason. Somewhere in these pages (I can't find it easily) IMSA GT said he was pretty sure he had Covid back in Dec 2019. I had doubts about it, but this news may prove me in error.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/1...ght-study-shows.html

The new coronavirus was circulating in Italy since September 2019, a study by the National Cancer Institute (INT) of the Italian city of Milan shows, signaling that Covid-19 might have spread beyond China earlier than previously thought.

The World Health Organization has said the new coronavirus and Covid-19, the respiratory disease it causes, were unknown before the outbreak was first reported in Wuhan, in central China, in December.

Italy’s first Covid-19 patient was detected on Feb. 21 in a little town near Milan, in the northern region of Lombardy.

But the Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show that 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020, had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

A further specific SARS-CoV-2 antibodies test was carried out by the University of Siena for the same research titled “Unexpected detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in the pre-pandemic period in Italy”.

It showed that four cases dated back to the first week of October were also positive for antibodies neutralizing the virus, meaning they had got infected in September, Giovanni Apolone, a co-author of the study, told Reuters.

“This is the main finding: people with no symptoms not only were positive after the serological tests but had also antibodies able to kill the virus,” Apolone said.

“It means that the new coronavirus can circulate among the population for long and with a low rate of lethality not because it is disappearing but only to surge again,” he added.

Italian researchers told Reuters in March that they reported a higher than usual number of cases of severe pneumonia and flu in Lombardy in the last quarter of 2019 in a sign that the new coronavirus might have circulated earlier than previously thought.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-16-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2020 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect the 2019 vaping lung disease outbreak was actually covid virus, the timing is right and nobody ever bothered explaining why after years of those things being around the disease suddenly popped up out of nowhere.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/...ing-illness-symptoms
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2020 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Except there has never been a virus directly associated with EVALI and the 2 illnesses are completely different in that one (EVALI) is damage caused by an injury (tho may increase the ability of the other (Covid) to spread), but results in no specific antibodies or other imuneresponse like Covid does because EVALI is chemical in nature and not viral, bacterial, or animal.
Correlation of a timeline does not equal causation.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-16-2020).]

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2020 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

100,000 to 200,000 Americans are projected to die from this virus.

Patrick, Donald, and Ronald have things under control at their end. Let them speak. Never silence those that know so much. Like teachers they are. We need them, so be kind.

Sorry that the lot of you are butt hurt about this President. My feelings are not affected by yours. Carry on though.

Stay safe. Family, Friends, neighbors...

Edit:

TK's post was from March, and basically those numbers are about where we are... I have an issue with the specifics of classifying COVID deaths since co-morbities aren't considered key in the public perception.

Actual COVID death is very small and unremarkable.

I say this as someone who is recovering from it this week... and masks did not stop it for me.

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 11-17-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2020 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://publichealth.lacount...detail.cfm?prid=2843

The following sectors are required to close or remain closed for all operations:

Indoor and outdoor playgrounds
Indoor recreational facilities
Hair salons and barbershops
Personal care services
Museums, zoos, and aquariums
Movie theaters
Wineries
Bars, breweries, and distilleries
Family entertainment centers
Cardrooms and satellite wagering
Limited services as defined by the state
Live audience sports
Amusement parks

The following sectors will have additional modifications in addition to 100% masking and physical distancing:

Outdoor recreational facilities: Allow outdoor operation only without any food, drink or alcohol sales. Additionally, overnight stays for recreational visits at campgrounds will not be permitted.
Retail: Allow indoor operation at 20% capacity with entrance metering and no eating or drinking in the stores. Additionally, special hours should be instituted for seniors and others with chronic conditions or compromised immune systems.
Shopping centers: Allow indoor operation at 20% capacity with entrance metering and no eating or drinking in the stores and all common areas closed. Additionally, special hours should be instituted for seniors and others with chronic conditions or compromised immune systems.
Hotels and lodging: Allow to open for critical infrastructure support only.
Restaurants: Allow only for take-out, pick-up, or delivery.
Offices: Allow remote only except for critical infrastructure sectors where remote working is not possible.
Places of worship and political expression: Allow outdoor services only.
Entertainment production including professional sports: Allow operation without live audiences. Additionally, testing protocol and “bubbles” are highly encouraged.

Here we go again.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2020 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

100,000 to 200,000 Americans are projected to die from this virus.

Patrick, Donald, and Ronald have things under control at their end. Let them speak. Never silence those that know so much. Like teachers they are. We need them, so be kind.

Sorry that the lot of you are butt hurt about this President. My feelings are not affected by yours. Carry on though.

Originally posted by USFiero exactly three weeks ago:

TK's post was from March, and basically those numbers are about where we are...

Actual COVID death is very small and unremarkable.

The US is now at 293,334 deaths... and climbing. Looks like the projections flogged by "TK" (and apparently agreed with by USFiero) were off by a bit. And this thing is far from over.

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post12-08-2020 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
And this thing is far from over.

And I just lost another friend to Covid.
Actually, i didn't like the guy very much at all, despite being my senior, in life.

He was an acquaintance.
Someone i knew.

But he meant everything to a huge amount of people that made up the fabric of his life.
Call me vaginal, but I can wear a mask for that.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 12-08-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2020 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, there are a few covid threads so I don't remember them all or what I posted in them,..sorry if this is the wrong thread,...but:
I had said my employer has had a change of strategy as far as masks go. This change is at least the 3rd so far. The last change was to move away from the more expensive N95 to cheaper surgical masks, well that hasn't happened yet. We still get issued the Green N95 masks and are mandated to wear them at ALL times. Yesterday, I was summoned to go test for the proper fit of the N95 mask that has been issued to me for a couple of months. First I was trained on the proper use and instalation of the mask....... I was told that I failed because I was unable to fit the mask without fogging up my glasses. So the alternative to this N95 mask is "on order" and will be issued to me as soon as it comes in. So what is this mask? Well, it looks like this,..(but may be different,...I do not have it yet).
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-52613399
Looks fun to me. I am expected to wear this every day for a minimum of 8 hours a day. Keep in mind that I can be forced to work an extra 8 hour shift at any time. 16 hours in this thing,....

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 12-08-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2020 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

And I just lost another friend to Covid.
Actually, i didn't like the guy very much at all, despite being my senior, in life.

He was an acquaintance.
Someone i knew.

But he meant everything to a huge amount of people that made up the fabric of his life.
Call me vaginal, but I can wear a mask for that.

That's fine. You must also get a flu shot too because if you give someone the flu and they get pneumonia and die then it's your fault.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2020 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

OK, there are a few covid threads so I don't remember them all or what I posted in them,..sorry if this is the wrong thread,...but:
I had said my employer has had a change of strategy as far as masks go. This change is at least the 3rd so far. The last change was to move away from the more expensive N95 to cheaper surgical masks, well that hasn't happened yet. We still get issued the Green N95 masks and are mandated to wear them at ALL times. Yesterday, I was summoned to go test for the proper fit of the N95 mask that has been issued to me for a couple of months. First I was trained on the proper use and instalation of the mask....... I was told that I failed because I was unable to fit the mask without fogging up my glasses. So the alternative to this N95 mask is "on order" and will be issued to me as soon as it comes in. So what is this mask? Well, it looks like this,..(but may be different,...I do not have it yet).
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-52613399
Looks fun to me. I am expected to wear this every day for a minimum of 8 hours a day. Keep in mind that I can be forced to work an extra 8 hour shift at any time. 16 hours in this thing,....

This one?

I've worn something similar when working in radiation remediation back in tha 1980s.
They aren't bad. Worked one job for 62 days straight, 8-12-16 hrs per day.

The mask thing wasn't too bad, but the suit, with it's duct tape to our rubber boots and rubber gloves was pretty bad..

I'm surprised your employer hasn't requisitioned M50 M 54 Avon CBRN masks for you.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-08-2020 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's fine. You must also get a flu shot too because if you give someone the flu and they get pneumonia and die then it's your fault.

Listen, i recognize you as intelligent.
You have/are spending your life doing what only a few even get to dream about.

And knowing all that, even you can see the fallacy of the logic you express(ed) above.
Nothing personal, just sayin'.

EDIT: I changed "Dude" to "Listen".
It seemed less "stoner'y".

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 12-08-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2020 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Listen, i recognize you as intelligent.
You have/are spending your life doing what only a few even get to dream about.

And knowing all that, even you can see the fallacy of the logic you express(ed) above.
Nothing personal, just sayin'.

EDIT: I changed "Dude" to "Listen".
It seemed less "stoner'y".

I forgot the /S for sarcasm. The same argument that is being made for masks must be used with any other communicable disease that may be spread by human to human transmission. HIV, cold, flu, whatever. If it might kill the old folks then by golly you have an obligation to stop whatever you normally do and stay at home, wear a mask, take a shot, wear a condom, whatever. It's up to you to protect everyone else from you.

Where does it stop? At what point do you tell the government to stay out of your business and for people to protect themselves? For some it's never, they would rather the gov tell them what to do. Then any failure is the gov fault, not theirs.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-09-2020 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where does it stop? At what point do you tell the government to stay out of your business and for people to protect themselves?

DING!DING!DING!DING!
TELL'EM' WHAT HE'S WON, JIM!!!!

Seriously, from bible to bedlam, that is indeed the eternal question.

Our forefathers drew a line...as scary as that may seem in modern times, that really always has been the eternal question.

"Where do you stop (what lines do you draw) letting people tell you what to do?"

P.S. Don't ask me anything about this. It's the one thing i will effn' lose it on...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 12-09-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2020 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Specifically referring to a vaccine it would seem that if you and I choose to take the vaccine then it doesn't matter what others do, we will be protected from them. No need for the government to enforce any draconian rules.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-09-2020 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wearing the mask in the winter is pretty good when the air is cold. I'm wearing it from the car to the front door of the stores.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock