Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus (Page 30)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus by maryjane
Started on: 01-22-2020 01:32 AM
Replies: 1454 (20610 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 01-02-2021 09:04 AM
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coronavirus: King of Thailand isolates in hotel with harem of 20 women

https://www.news.com.au/tra...5a2a1b016787964e97b3

Apparently exercise is the key to staying healthy?
IP: Logged
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2020 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is health care in the Philippines that poor ? 68℅ vs 3℅ death rate for resolved cases seems a little extreme even given the different levels of quarantine. There has got to be other factors in play.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're an emerging economy. Never really fully recovered from WW2 and a couple revolutions since then. Early on when the virus first surfaced, they had a LOT of their own citizens that had to be brought out of China including about 2 dozen from Wuhan. Biggest problem is they are just out in the middle of the Pacific...lots of corruption there too....which is why they never prospered like Taiwan, Japan, S. Korea, Indonsia and Malaysia did after ww2.
Volcanoes and typhoons didn't help either.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-03-2020).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
‘Listen up, dips**ts’: Kentucky mayor rips people ignoring coronavirus warnings

https://www.aol.com/article...s-warnings/23965803/

A Kentucky mayor is going viral for an exasperated Facebook post in which he didn’t mince words about people who aren’t following restrictions meant to slow the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.

“Listen up dipshits and sensible people,” wrote Mayor Gabe Brown of Walton, Kentucky. “I might not put you at ease like the Governor does, but I don’t care. You need to realize that this is a serious ordeal. In fact, it’s a big f**cking deal. Stay at home.”

He warned people skeptical of the threat to treat it seriously ― noting that lives are on the line.

Finally, a politician who says what he really thinks!!!

Rams

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31839 posts
Member since Feb 2003
In "Other News", President Trump's Letter to Senator Schumer

https://www.whitehouse.gov/...r-charles-e-schumer/

Calling like it is.

Rams
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Word is that masks will be requested before the day is over. Here is an idea that I found and tried and it seems to work. All you need are a bandanna and two rubber bands.

Now all I need is a train to rob. Anybody know when the next shipment of toilet paper is rolling through?

Now before anyone tries to prove how smart they are, I understand that the mustache is problematic, but it just might keep me out of trouble. We shall see....

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-03-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

I actually thought about that.....
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And not no but hell no!

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69558 posts
Member since Apr 2001
I believe I've seen this aspect posted earlier in this thread. I figured it was common knowledge. Evidently not...now suddenly it's "news".

https://www.sciencenews.org...ough-spread-airborne

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-03-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69558 posts
Member since Apr 2001
London England evidently expects an uptick in the death category. Building a large temporary morgue to handle them.
https://www.nbcnews.com/new...uilt-london-n1175811

lives...lost

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The political bickering and blame game about sides is kind of STUPID.
What we should be watching out for is over reach eliminating rights, (by anyone), and keeping the private sector private.
Look ahead.

Related, for whenever a "crisis" doesn't get resolved quickly enough:

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mask modification:

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a nurse friend. She said the way they make sure masks are on properly (N95 masks) is they spray this bitter stuff in an enclosed environment around the persons head, and for minutes the person tests to see if they can taste it. If they cannot, then the mask is sealed. If they taste it even the N95 mask is not sealed properly enough to keep out the virus. People who are not clean shaven will have a gap. Too loose around the moldable nose piece, etc.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-03-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2020 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ontario is thinking 80,000 cases and 1600 dead in the next month.

https://www.google.com/amp/...umber-modelling/amp/

And, reading between the lines there it looks like they are planning on a 2-year quarantine of some sort.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
Mask modification:

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After the post regarding making a covid19 mask from bras....the PFF ad bot is on it's toes...

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ Ha! I got the same ad. ^

Something I have been wondering......

Will we have more crime because people are desperate and frustrated, or less crime because everybody is home?

I had originally expected an increase in crime; theft, home invasions and such; but I have not heard it discussed. My alarm app includes a "neighborhood" feature where people post suspicious activity, but it has been very quiet.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2020 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.google.com/amp/...s-amid-covid-19.html

Crime will never really drop. The legal industry needs to justify it's existence and generate revenue for itself, so they will just find new "crimes"
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mask modification:

Ok, now that is awesome!!
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Willie, since you wear glasses, something you may (or may not) know. When wife was in the hospital a few weeks ago (Mar7 weekend) I had to wear a mask. My glasses were constantly fogging up by moisture in breath that escaped around the top of my mask. I found it, not comforting.. to realize how much got by my mask....mostly because the weak elastic and the fact I had a full beard.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69558 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Was a bad day in the USA today (Mar 3) Started bad and got worse.
Decided to keep track of it thru the day..the void between 2pm and 10pm is because our elec power went out this afternoon and without my cell signal antenna repeater/amplifier, I can't get on the internet.
April 3 (GMT)9am central
12502 new cases and 488 new deaths in the United States

April 3 (GMT)12 noon central
20629 new cases and 716 new deaths in the United States.

April 3 (GMT)2 pm central:
21402 new cases and 733 new deaths in the United States

April 3 (GMT)10:00pm central
32284 new cases and 1321 new deaths in the United States

No sign of flattening.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's just the flu, nothing to be concerned about.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2020 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

It's just the flu, nothing to be concerned about.

From what I've been reading...

You brought it on your selves, it's gods punishment, it happened because of masturbatory practice.

For once will the Bible belt just **** off.

Jesus isn't coming back. God doesn't give a crap anyone and you are going to die.

Where is your God now ? I don't see him saving much of anythinh

Yes, that was best practices at sarcasm.

And yes, somebody tried .,..... really? Mormons ain't got better to do right now..…

Sorry Patrick, it's been a serious WTF day..,..oh. Well. Satan has a bourbon and cigar waiting... MNM
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Sorry Patrick, it's been a serious WTF day...

I know you admire both Ontario Premier Doug Ford (Conservative) and President Trump (Republican). Are you upset about Trump's announcement about preventing the sale of N95 masks to Canada, or are you upset with Ford's criticism of President Trump?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-04-2020).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious, has anyone seen any data on how COVID-19 is effecting Russia? If so, is it trust worthy information.
I don't believe anything coming out of China or North Korea. They've been lying to us for decades.

On the home front, I thought this was very applicable to our current situation. Never let a crisis go to waste.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-04-2020).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

^ Ha! I got the same ad. ^

Something I have been wondering......

Will we have more crime because people are desperate and frustrated, or less crime because everybody is home?

I had originally expected an increase in crime; theft, home invasions and such; but I have not heard it discussed. My alarm app includes a "neighborhood" feature where people post suspicious activity, but it has been very quiet.

It's all good. The Houston mayor asked the criminals to cheel till the pandemic is over.

https://youtu.be/meMQF4G9D4g

Originally posted by blackrams:

I'm curious, has anyone seen any data on how COVID-19 is effecting Russia? If so, is it trust worthy information.
I don't believe anything coming out of China or North Korea. They've been lying to us for decades.

On the home front, I thought this was very applicable to our current situation. Never let a crisis go to waste.

Rams

Maybe someone else has more info, but I seen a headline where Russia was sending us aid

Russia would hope for help from the United States should the coronavirus pandemic become more severe within its borders later this year.

https://www.google.com/amp/...navirus-pandemic.amp

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 04-04-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Earlier in the thread ...

Originally posted by rinselberg:
I see a line of investigation that would be useful for the (anticipated) Coronavirus Commission to evaluate the merit of the article and its ideas and recommendations.

Coronavirus Commission.

Adam Schiff: We Need A "9/11-Style Commission" To Review Trump's "Catastrophic" Coronavirus Response

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Russian AN-124 cargo plane landed at NYC-JFK international airport with a full load of medical and coronavirus-related supplies and equipment, including ventilators from a Russian company that is still under a U.S. State Department sanctions regime.

From two days ago.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2020 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mask modification:

I have never before seen a full grown adult muppet.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Can I be scared and then tell everyone else that they should be scared?

Then can I tell people that I'm so scared that you need to stay at home and loose your job, so that I don't get sick, because I've been living an unhealthy lifestyle my entire life, so my immune system is compromised, because we don't have national government medicare for all healthcare and it's all Trumps fault anyways? Can I do that?

Can I make sure that my children and grandchildren have their economy wrecked for decades, because me being an old boomer wants everyone to stay home because of a weak virus that 99% people recover from?

Oh well! SIGH!

Originally posted by Patrick:
Takes awhile to convince some people that the world isn't flat.

Yes, it did take awhile for someone to test new theory, science, and experiment by sailing till they found land.

What kind of experimenting has been done to assess if blanket isolation is the best approach. I have not seen anybody debate different points.

There is a difference in opinion on the economic shutdown, with the isolationalists in the majority. I see both sides of the argument, favoring on less isolation. When did they isolate passengers on the cruise ships ? When the virus presented itself. In many areas of the country there are no cases. I asked earlier in this thread ... March 24 ...

Originally posted by cliffw:
This has been something knawing at me with regards to shelter in place.
We just learned of a case about 30 miles away (in a different county) and another also 30 miles away in a different direction (another different county).

We have had more than half the country sheltering in place for ?three weeks? where the risk of infection was very minimal.

I would think that your local case and the two near me would trigger the self sheltering time period.

EDIT

Of course those of us which travel to more risk prone areas need to change that behavior and self shelter to that degree.

They are talking about some areas getting back to normal sooner than others. Yet the shelter in place started all at once ?

Yes, this is a new challenging enemy we face, with many unknowns. The economic system starting back up and being as it was is known ? Maybe it is a mute point. Any damage is likely done.

Lets debate masks too. They are recommending everyone wear one. They do no good for the uninfected. They are supposedly to protect you from the plume of germs from someone coughing, sneezing, talking. Yet, they do not protect your eyes (They warn you about touching things then your face.)

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2020 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Taking this illegal, but understood lock down in stride. Going camping this weekend. Packing up all the gear, and family for a four day weekend. Hit Cabella's last night for new sleeping bags, and an air mattress for the boy. Dog is coming also. We are going to play down by a river, and explore a forest. Camp fires, cookouts, and stories. All from the comfort of our own back yard.

Stay safe. Family, Friends, Neighbors...
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Hahahahahahahaha!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lets debate masks too. They do no good for the uninfected. They are supposedly to protect you from the plume of germs from someone coughing, sneezing, talking.

Wrong.
Or at least 2 statements that very much contradict each other.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-04-2020).]

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I was thinking one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles but still awesome none the less!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They are talking about some areas getting back to normal sooner than others. Yet the shelter in place started all at once ?

Yes, this is a new challenging enemy we face, with many unknowns. The economic system starting back up and being as it was is known ? Maybe it is a mute point. Any damage is likely done.

Travel from one region/state to the other(s) was not curtailed at first. IOW, people from one area could infect people in other areas and the best defense was on an individual basis..sheltering in place.

History, both relatively recent and older, has shown that economic 'damage' is pretty temporary. Most jobs due to coronavirus layoffs and furloughs will return and businesses will reopen. "The chief business of America is business"
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-04-2020 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From what I am reading, it seems that most of the younger crowd passing away from Covid-19 have numerous health ailments, but diabetes is nearly always an underlying factor.

I am also hearing this from those involved with Covid patient care.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2020 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

N99 mask from Amazon. Was about $30 back in October.

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 04-04-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2020 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
coronacats

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-05-2020).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock