Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus (Page 28)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus by maryjane
Started on: 01-22-2020 01:32 AM
Replies: 1454 (20610 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 01-02-2021 09:04 AM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

If the US had declined to help China, the left would have been crying that Trump's "America First" attitude was selfish and racist.

And in Canada it's the right wingers (ie MEM) who are now whining about the shipment of medical supplies from Canada to China in February.

This nonsense comes from both sides of the political spectrum.
IP: Logged
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My county has a pretty good breakdown by age, hospitalization, etc.: https://www.maricopa.gov/54...navirus-Disease-2019

I wonder if there are stats like this on a larger scale e.g. state-by-state and nationally.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19281 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by Patrick:

And in Canada it's the right wingers (ie MEM) who are now whining about the shipment of medical supplies from Canada to China in February.

I don't take MEM or rinselberg too seriously. MEM posts from GodLikeProductions and rinselberg posts from Mother Jones and both are laughing like Batman's nemesis. They are like twins, separated at birth.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2020 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was going to post from **** hub but the filters won't let me !

Talk about goddess-like stuff !

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I saw the same thing and for now, I will guess that it is a glitch. I don't trust it until I see a few more days of a consistent trend, and still, I will be skeptical.

If you look at the chart above the graphs, there are only two states reporting new cases today, and that just can't be right. It would be nice, but it just doesn't seem likely.

Yep, generally, this time of night, the reporting for the previous day that just ended less than an hour earlier is very incomplete. Still, one can hope.
I saw today, that Texas has issued a mandate that anyone coming into the state from Louisiana has to go into 14 day self isolation. This state so far, is not in the extreme isolation rules some other states have declared. I can (so far) go anywhere I want in the state, walk around anywhere I wish without a problem as long as I stay away from other people. Bank lobbies are mostly closed except "by appointment only" but people are very much keeping their distance at the walkup ATM and are sharing hand sanitizer if needed and most wipe down the keys before and after using the keypad.
The local grocery store I use has a worker standing there, spraying down shopping carts and handing out wipes. People are taking it seriously and hopefully, it will all prove to be advantageous.
I'm not really adversely affected by all this much but If the barber shops don't open back up soon Willie, my hair is gonna be looking like yours.
I don't mind it long in the winter, but it's done getting in the upper 80s now and I really don't like sweat running off my hair in front and dripping down in my eyes. Guess I need a willie nelson headband....got so much hair now my hat don't fit right.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69558 posts
Member since Apr 2001

I don't take MEM or rinselberg too seriously. MEM posts from GodLikeProductions and rinselberg posts from Mother Jones and both are laughing like Batman's nemesis. They are like twins, separated at birth.

GLP and MJ websites would be more like Don Knots and Soupy Sales...

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I wanted to say, but inadvertently omitted from my previous message... well, two things actually. But I'll collapse it to just one thing.

Now that China has its own coronavirus pandemic under control, or a reasonable semblance of under control, China has been providing important medical equipment and supplies to other affected nations. Not just the usual sales and shipments from China's manufacturers, but "extra." Like those shipments that Canada and the U.S. flowed to China back in February.

Aside from the national government of China, there has been PandAidTM (Pandemic Aid) coming out of China from Chinese philanthropists. Like Jack Ma, the Alibaba Group magnate, who is commonly described as the "wealthiest individual in China." Jack Ma has been providing generous financial support to one of the U.S.-based groups that is working on coronavirus vaccines and therapeutic medications.

Oh wait, I guess that was two things. But it could have been three things, if I hadn't taken the preventative action that I did.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-30-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Now that China has its own coronavirus pandemic under control,......

The California mental patient is now merrily parroting Communist Chinese propaganda.

Useful Idiot

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Useful Idiot

Long ago, I decided to consider the source and simply move on with several folks. Similar to annoying insects, they go and come at their own discretion and there's not much we can do about it. Ignoring them works best for me.

Rams
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Trump team failed to follow [the National Security Council's] 'pandemic playbook'"

The 69-page document, finished in 2016, provided a step by step list of priorities – which were then ignored by the administration.

Dan Diamond and Nahal Toosi for Politico; March 25, 2020.
https://www.politico.com/ne...urity-council-149285

Have you read the referenced guidance document?
Was it part of the system that was deemed " not up to the task at hand" by the virus response team?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2020 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The nonsense Patrick, is this leftist crap of playing Santi-Clauze to the entire globe while our own suffer, starve and go homeless.

Looking after your own and you family first is just common sense. If there is something left over, only then is charity a viable option. Nobody in their right mind feeds the neighbors kids and let's their own go hungry..... except for lefties. And even they don't do it, they want to be generous with someone else's money, by force, simply to satisfy their own feeewwwiiinngggssss about how great a person they are.

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2020 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
100,000 to 200,000 Americans are projected to die from this virus.

Patrick, Donald, and Ronald have things under control at their end. Let them speak. Never silence those that know so much. Like teachers they are. We need them, so be kind.

Sorry that the lot of you are butt hurt about this President. My feelings are not affected by yours. Carry on though.

Stay safe. Family, Friends, neighbors...

Edit:

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-30-2020).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2020 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008
Again, I ask that BS not be placed into this thread, unless it is approved by the Canadian government.

I want to play a game with you. I call it, spot the propaganda machine. Begin...

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2020 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008

Arizona closed all schools for the remainder of the school year. The first of many.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gov. Greg Abbott on Sunday tightened travel to Texas by ordering some motorists from Louisiana to self-quarantine for two weeks.

The new restrictions, effective noon Monday, came as President Donald Trump extended social distancing guidelines through April 30, preventing all nonessential travel in the country.

Louisiana’s status as a hot spot for the novel coronavirus grew Sunday to more than 3,500 positive cases statewide. Under the new rules, drivers with commercial, medical, emergency response, military or critical infrastructure purposes for entering Texas would be exempted.

A spokesman for the Department of Public Safety said Sunday the agency was not prepared to comment on the details of the new measures.

State troopers will enforce the order at checkpoints at major roadways along the border. Those in quarantine will be asked to provide an address for where they plan to hole up in Texas, either for two weeks or until their return to Louisiana, whichever comes first.

A provision in the order allows DPS special agents to check on those under quarantine to ensure they’re complying. Violators could be subject to either a $1,000 fine or 180 days in jail, according to the four-page document. Another provision states that if a driver is showing symptoms associated with COVID-19, such as fever, coughing or shortness of breath, a trooper will follow them to their destination.

Interstate 10 just inside the Tx/La border

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-30-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2020 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Arizona closed all schools for the remainder of the school year. The first of many.

All these long term closures really have me second-and-third guessing myself if I should be stocking up on lumber for the summer season, or ammo to drive off the looters.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:
Have you read the referenced guidance document? Was it part of the system that was deemed "not up to the task at hand" by the virus response team?

I'm not going to look directly at that document.

This is a mega-sized story that is still unfolding, with much that yet remains to be seen (because it hasn't happened yet.) I don't want to be part of an incompletely informed or under-informed "rush" to either excoriate the President or to laud him by singing his praises in choir-like fashion.

If anyone wants to glom onto another one mainstream media report about the federal response in retrospect--not what's currently being done or what's ahead, but what's already behind us--I nominate this one:

"Before Virus Outbreak, a Cascade of Warnings Went Unheeded"

Government exercises, including one last year, made clear that the U.S. was not ready for a pandemic like the coronavirus. But little was done.

David E. Sanger, Eric Lipton, Eileen Sullivan and Michael Crowley for the New York Times; March 19, 2020.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...avirus-outbreak.html

The same text was duplicated in the Chicago Tribune.
https://www.chicagotribune....ehxmmtjpq-story.html

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GO NAVY....This morning.  USNS Comfort docked in NYC.
And just like that....1000 more beds available. It, and sister ship USNS Mercy (presently docked in Los Angeles) are each equivalent to the 4th largest hospital in the USA pulling up to a dock in your city.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

GO NAVY....This morning.  USNS Comfort docked in NYC ... equivalent to the 4th largest hospital in the USA ...

To take non Corona Virus needs. I saw a report that NY City rated something like 275 out of 300 + hospitals with ICU room ratio.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(snip)

I don't want to be part of an incompletely informed or under-informed "rush" to either excoriate the President or to laud him by singing his praises in choir-like fashion.

(snip)

Had to quote that statement, just too good to pass up.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"11 to 100,000: What went wrong with coronavirus testing in the U.S."
Meg Kelly, Sarah Cahlan and Elyse Samuels for the Washington Post; March 30, 2020.
https://www.washingtonpost....onavirus-testing-us/

Hot off the presses. Today's catch. This is at the end of it.

The CDC designed its own test. The FDA picked a conservative testing strategy, allowing labs to use only the CDC test. When those tests failed, neither a new strategy nor a new test was available for more than two weeks. [HHS Secretary Alex] Azar failed to push the agencies to change direction, and the president didn’t intervene.

Even then, widespread testing was not immediately available. It’s not just the number of tests that are the problem — it’s getting the materials to do the tests and the personal protective medical equipment for providers to give those tests. That means we may never have a true count of how many Americans contracted the virus.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Sorry that the lot of you are butt hurt about this President. My feelings are not affected by yours. Carry on though.

Again, I ask that BS not be placed into this thread, unless it is approved by the Canadian government.

I see you're now back to "normal". Get help, Tony... while you still can.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36180 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Looking after your own and you family first is just common sense. If there is something left over, only then is charity a viable option. Nobody in their right mind feeds the neighbors kids and let's their own go hungry..... except for lefties.

Silly analogy. When an epidemic breaks out, and the epicenter is low on supplies, it only makes common sense to send supplies from areas of the world not yet affected. This is what many other countries did, including the US and Canada. If the assistance helps to contain, or at least slow down the virus, everybody wins... as we're all now painfully aware that viruses respect no borders.

China has already started to repay the assistance, by so far sending to Canada... 30,000 medical masks, 10,000 sets of protective clothing, 10,000 goggles and 50,000 pairs of gloves.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"11 to 100,000: What went wrong with coronavirus testing in the U.S."
Meg Kelly, Sarah Cahlan and Elyse Samuels for the Washington Post; March 30, 2020.
https://www.washingtonpost....onavirus-testing-us/

Hot off the presses. Today's catch. This is at the end of it.
[QUOTE]The CDC designed its own test. The FDA picked a conservative testing strategy, allowing labs to use only the CDC test. When those tests failed, neither a new strategy nor a new test was available for more than two weeks. [HHS Secretary Alex] Azar failed to push the agencies to change direction, and the president didn’t intervene.

Even then, widespread testing was not immediately available. It’s not just the number of tests that are the problem — it’s getting the materials to do the tests and the personal protective medical equipment for providers to give those tests. That means we may never have a true count of how many Americans contracted the virus.
[/QUOTE]

I will take issue with the last sentence of the quoted report.

Other than for statistical purposes, it makes little difference if we know the total infected.

Once an antigen test is developed (and it will be) then we can determine the number infected, but only if the testing is mandated for all citizens.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

17846 posts
Member since May 2004
Oops, double post!

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-30-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just as we never had a true count of how many really had any of the flu strains, smallpox or any other viral illness. Every administration, even going back before CDC was called CDC has relied on them to recommend what is to be done. ..not the other way around. CDC is good at what they do, but can't magically produce cures, equipment or even instantaneous and always correct responses at the drop of a hat, regardless of what some moron at a news agency thinks..

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will take issue with the last sentence of the quoted report.

Other than for statistical purposes, it makes little difference if we know the total infected.

Once an antigen test is developed (and it will be) then we can determine the number infected, but only if the testing is mandated for all citizens.

Fair enough.

I have a report from The Atlantic that offers some criticisms of some of the news organizations that I myself tend to favor; not for what they are reporting now, but for what they were reporting earlier in the year.

"It Wasn’t Just Trump Who Got It Wrong"

America’s coronavirus response failed because we didn’t understand the complexity of the problem.

Zeynep Tufekci for the Atlantic; March 24, 2020.
https://www.theatlantic.com...rus-response/608596/

"Zeynep Tufekci is an associate professor at the University of North Carolina, and a faculty associate at the Harvard Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society. She studies the interaction between digital technology, artificial intelligence, and society."

Here's the opening "chords":

Many will be tempted to see the tragic coronavirus pandemic through a solely partisan lens: The Trump administration spectacularly failed in its response, by cutting funding from essential health services and research before the crisis, and later by denying its existence and its severity. Those are both true, but they don’t fully explain the current global crisis that has engulfed countries of varying political persuasions.

As it turns out, the reality-based, science-friendly communities and information sources many of us depend on also largely failed. We had time to prepare for this pandemic at the state, local, and household level, even if the government was terribly lagging, but we squandered it because of widespread asystemic thinking: the inability to think about complex systems and their dynamics. We faltered because of our failure to consider risk in its full context, especially when dealing with coupled risk—when multiple things can go wrong together. . . .

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The big failure comes from the false philosophy so many have adopted over the last few decades. "It has never happened here in our or our parent's lives, therefore it can't/won't happen here".

Those little imaginary circles of isolation people tend to draw around themselves..

We did the same during the years just prior to 911.

We did the same in the years prior to Pearl Harbor.

We have met the enemy and it is us...but we gonna/gotta find someone else to blame.......

Look at what La's governor said in answering why he didn't cancel New Orleans Mardi Gras..."Because no one from the federal govt told us we had to".
(Mardi Gras ended Feb 16)

Houston Tx was no better. Didn't cancel the Houston Rodeo with it's 2 million visitors history until mid March when nearly a million people had already been to it, and I was truly surprised to learn it was cancelled..

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The article from the Atlantic....

I have some issues with the misleading and false statements in the first of the two paragraphs that you supplied, but what the heck, it's an opinion piece from the Atlantic....always a good source of biased reporting and commentary.

The US government, the press and the people were being sidetracked by the Chuck and Nancy impeachment show.

That was necessary, now, wasn't it.....

And now Nancy wants to investigate the 'slow response'.........

Perhaps we should blame DiFi, why didn't her chauffeur clue her in?

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-30-2020).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

17846 posts
Member since May 2004

Silly analogy. When an epidemic breaks out, and the epicenter is low on supplies, it only makes common sense to send supplies from areas of the world not yet affected. This is what many other countries did, including the US and Canada. If the assistance helps to contain, or at least slow down the virus, everybody wins... as we're all now painfully aware that viruses respect no borders.

China has already started to repay the assistance, by so far sending to Canada... 30,000 medical masks, 10,000 sets of protective clothing, 10,000 goggles and 50,000 pairs of gloves.

And then there IS this....

"The Dutch health ministry said over the weekend that it was forced to recall 600,000 face masks that were shipped from China on March 21 after they were found to be faulty. Some of the masks failed to fit the mouth properly while others were found to have insufficient filters, the government said.

Health care workers have been informed and told not to use the masks. Due to the shortages, we can find ourselves in a situation where only protective equipment is available that does not meet the highest standards," the health ministry said in a statement. "This is an issue in all countries.

The Netherlands is the latest country to reject China-made coronavirus testing kits and other protective gear, calling the items substandard and raising serious questions about the quality of the supplies Beijing is selling to the world.

The Netherlands joins Spain, Turkey, Georgia, and the Czech Republic in their concerns over masks and test kits. The claims come as the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases surge in the United States and Europe, highlighting the dependence many countries have on Chinese imports."
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2020 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
June 10th for Governor Norton's state! 😬
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And then there IS this....

Yes, that is a known issue. Fortunately, these Chinese goods don't all come from the same factory. Plus, they'll be checked here prior to distribution. But yeah, it's inconvenient to say the least that there is doubt as to the quality.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-30-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have some issues with the misleading and false statements in the first of the two paragraphs that you supplied, but what the heck, it's an opinion piece from the Atlantic....

OK, we've been over this a few times before, but please repeat after me:

"Leftists think that opinions are facts."

Want proof?

Originally posted by The Drooling California Mental Patient:

I have a report from The Atlantic

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-30-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My body has absorbed so much soap, disinfectant, and bleach in the last 2 weeks that when I pee, it cleans the toilet.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My body has absorbed so much soap, disinfectant, and bleach in the last 2 weeks that when I pee, it cleans the toilet.

Best post of the crisis.....🤣🤣🤣🤣
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I were walking through the grocery store yesterday and we had a bit of fun pointing out all the items that are in great supply on the shelves.

We were commenting about all the crap that people WOULDN'T buy even in a panic.

Then THIS popped up in the news:

Nobody is hoarding fake meat.

https://dailycaller.com/202...Jf6jEZXAZ3oSpB5kemC8

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-30-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The big failure comes from the false philosophy so many have adopted over the last few decades. "It has never happened here in our or our parent's lives, therefore it can't/won't happen here".

Those little imaginary circles of isolation people tend to draw around themselves..

We did the same during the years just prior to 911.

We did the same in the years prior to Pearl Harbor.

We have met the enemy and it is us...but we gonna/gotta find someone else to blame.......

Look at what La's governor said in answering why he didn't cancel New Orleans Mardi Gras..."Because no one from the federal govt told us we had to".
(Mardi Gras ended Feb 16)

Houston Tx was no better. Didn't cancel the Houston Rodeo with it's 2 million visitors history until mid March when nearly a million people had already been to it, and I was truly surprised to learn it was cancelled..

It would have been easier for the state and city authorities in Louisiana and Texas to cancel those traditional, high profile and "big ticket" public events like the Mardi Gras and the Houston Rodeo if there had been public messaging from POTUS that was indicative of the magnitude of the virus-related risks, instead of statements from the White House that said (in so many words) "no worries, it's all under control."

I'm talking about the President's public messaging earlier in the year.

If the President had been more prescient in his public remarks during January, February and early in March, about how the pandemic was likely to play out here in the United States, he would have provided the "cover"--"political cover," as it's often worded--that would have made it easier for governors and mayors all across the country (including Louisiana and Texas) to authorize the cancellations of these kinds of events.

When the final report from the (expected) Cornovirus Commission is published, I hope it will take us into what was being briefed to the President before the end of 2019 and all during January, February and the first weeks of March of this year, as if we ourselves had been present during those briefings.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.beefcentral.com...atters-to-consumers/

Obviously, that website is probably a 'little' biased...

(I haven't seen any fake meat for sale at the local stores here..but then too, I haven't specifically looked for it either)
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69558 posts
Member since Apr 2001
It would have been equally as easy for them to close the events regardless of what the feds say or said. It's not like a state or city has to get permission from Uncle Sam to close down a friggin rodeo...not in my state anyway.
I suppose tho, if someone just has to point fingers and find someone else, anyone else, everyone else to blame all this on, then Trump's the favorite target but you and the media conveniently neglect to realize Houston's mayor and most of the city council are democrats.
Mar 12, 2020 - Mayor Sylvester Turner on Wednesday ordered the shutdown of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo due to concerns about coronavirus ....

"Sylvester Turner
Mayor of Houston
Image result for houston mayor sylvester turner
Description
Sylvester Turner is an American attorney and politician and is the 62nd mayor of Houston, Texas. A member of the Democratic Party, Turner was a member of the Texas House of Representatives from 1989 until 2016. He attended the University of Houston and Harvard Law School.
"

Austin cancelled SXSW on Mar 6 (Friday) which was basically at the last minute, (due to open Mar13) but they allowed a lot of the smaller venues of that event to go ahead and be held.

"The City of Austin has cancelled the March dates for SXSW and SXSW EDU. SXSW will faithfully follow the City’s directions.

We are devastated to share this news with you. “The show must go on” is in our DNA, and this is the first time in 34 years that the March event will not take place. We are now working through the ramifications of this unprecedented situation.

As recently as Wednesday (Mar 4) , Austin Public Health (Stephanie Y Hayden, a former social worker), appointed by City Manager Spencer Cronk stated that “there’s no evidence that closing SXSW or any other gatherings will make the community safer.” However, this situation evolved rapidly, and we honor and respect the City of Austin’s decision. We are committed to do our part to help protect our staff, attendees, and fellow Austinites.
]"

"Stephen Ira Adler (born March 23, 1956) is an American lawyer and Democratic politician who has been the Mayor of Austin, Texas since January 6, 2015."

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
March 20

I think technically, it was 9 days, but certainly not weeks. The liberal blame game continues to fall on it's own sword.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock