Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus (Page 25)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus by maryjane
Started on: 01-22-2020 01:32 AM
Replies: 1454 (20610 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 01-02-2021 09:04 AM
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It appears that some of the software designed to predict Corona virus infection rates is very misleading. Which then causes politicians to over react to this crisis. And maybe that was the intent in the first place.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/03...ctions-fallen-short/
IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

It appears that some of the software designed to predict Corona virus infection rates is very misleading. Which then causes politicians to over react to this crisis. And maybe that was the intent in the first place.

Are you now suggesting that the severity/spread of COVID-19 is a world-wide hoax?

Politicians "overreacting" to this crisis? After the dust settles, I suspect the criticism will be the exact opposite, that critical measures weren't taken sooner.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-26-2020).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Are you now suggesting that the severity/spread of COVID-19 is a world-wide hoax?

Politicians "overreacting" to this crisis? After the dust settles, I suspect the criticism will be the exact opposite, that critical measures weren't taken sooner.

Patrick, did you even bother to read the article? Or did you just react?

I did not say it was a hoax and neither did this article. It basically says that one of the tools that is being used by some of the pundits, politicians and health care people was not accurate and that it led to more extreme measures because of its bias towards extremely high predictions.
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick, did you even bother to read the article? Or did you just react?

I did not say it was a hoax and neither did this article. It basically says that one of the tools that is being used by some of the pundits, politicians and health care people was not accurate and that it led to more extreme measures because of its bias towards extremely high predictions.

React, that's all "THEY" do is react.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did not say it was a hoax and neither did this article.

Oh sure, the word "hoax" wasn't used, but what's your conclusion from the article? That a box of tissues per household would've been enough of a preventive measure?

The sh!t hasn't even hit the fan here yet.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2020 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh sure, the word "hoax" wasn't used, but what's your conclusion from the article? That a box of tissues per household would've been enough of a preventive measure?

Please stop putting words in members mouths. This is at least the fourth time in this thread alone. I know you do not listen to advice, but it is what I am giving.

And, it would be nice if you would stop blaming a President that is not yours. Thanx.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

And, it would be nice if you would stop blaming a President that is not yours.

I don't believe I have ever commented on President Trump in this forum.

Please stop putting words in members mouths.

You're such a joke, Tony.
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2020 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

React, that's all "THEY" do is react.

I see your well-known maturity level hasn't hindered your minimal intellect from once again showing itself.

"Us & Them" must be the simplest program a limited brain can run.
And popular, as it seems to be a favorite around here...
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2020 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're such a joke, Tony.

Keep projecting.

Or, kiss my azz. Your choice. There is nothing I owe you. Nothing.

Edit: Stay safe. Friends, Family, Neighbors...

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-26-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is nothing I owe you. Nothing.

You owe it to yourself to get some help.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2020 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please stop putting words in members mouths. This is at least the fourth time in this thread alone. I know you do not listen to advice, but it is what I am giving.

After all the douchy stuff you have instigated here over the years, you gotta' be a special kind of sh!tstain to think you could get away with commenting on the behavior of a single person here or elsewhere.
GFY.

And, it would be nice if you would stop blaming a President that is not yours. Thanx.

Yeah, because we all remember how respectful you and other Americans here were of President Obama!
Years after he was no longer on the job, even.

You're too stupid to be giving "advice".
Moron.

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:
"Us & Them" must be the simplest program a limited brain can run.

When you root for the Seattle Seahawks, do you also root for the 49ers ?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2020 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I get it. You both hate me. This is where this is...

Going to continue to hope that ALL stay safe. Follow the rules. It has never been more important.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As I asked before. Did you even bother to read the article? I guessing not. When you are making decisions of this magnitude and with consequences that can even be deadly, you need to have accurate information. To have something that gives you wrong data can screw everything up. You end up over reacting, if the predictions are way too excessive. Which is what this article is talking about. There are consequences for everyone if the data you are using is wrong. Why not fix the data instead of continuing to push wrong data?

And it can have unintended or even intended consequences that hurt people and the economy. And hurting the economy can cost lives too.

It is obvious that the media has you running scared, but I am sure that is the intent of the media. They certainly get more hits online or are able to get you to watch their "news" shows more often. That is money in the hand for them. And if you don't think that money is an issue, then you are a fool.

Along with that the main stream media has another objective. That is to hurt Trump. While you might not see it because of your own bias it is certainly there. They have shown that they will do anything, and I do mean anything to hurt Trump. But, most people understand that they are that biased. And they are reacting to what President Trump has actually done. He was proactive in shutting down the borders of the US to Chinese travel. He is certainly way ahead of any other country in doing what needs to be done. Yet, still we have partisanship by the Democrats to do anything they can to hurt Trump even if it hurts the American people. Like trying to put in poison pills in the economic recovery bill. Do you really believe that Pelosi or any of the other Dems really think that funding PBS or the Arts really has anything to do with the Corona Virus crisis? They held up the bill as long as they could to try to hurt the economy, and it did work. The economy reacted to their foolishness by as shown by the dropping of the Dow and other indices by about 1/3. Funny thing though now that the bill appears to have been passed the Dow reacted to the good news by going up $3,000 in the last two days and the last I heard today it was up over $1,000.

The sooner we get over the hump and back to work the better. There will certainly be people who die due to this virus. But, who do you blame? President Trump who has been up front and ahead of the curve, or maybe you should look at China, who lied and let this get out of hand there before it went worldwide. This country has lost people to the flu for almost all of its existence. Even this year there are 10's of thousands who lost their lives to the regular flu. Not too long about we had a different strain of flu virus that took, I believe over 69,000 lives. Yet, we never shut down the economy, like we have done with this one. Even yet I still agree that shutting down the economy and restricting travel and telling people that they need to stay home and isolate is the right choice with this particular virus, we also need to understand that the economy has to run or we will be in a free fall to a depression. If we can level out the number of cases or the rate of change of increase so that our hospitals can handle the overload we can make it through this.

Our president has been up front and proactive on doing all of these things and is looking to bring the economy back up as soon as is reasonable. Sniping by the media and the left does nothing to help the people of this country. And it is showing that the people don't want any of this discord. The only main stream Democrat that has been reasonable, so far, has been Governor Cuomo from NY. He for the most part has been working with president Trump with a minimum of sniping. And that shows in the response of the people of this country by his ratings going up and now there is a push for him to be put on the Democratic ballot for president. You see the American people as a whole can't be fooled by partisan politics.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find it interesting that the online weather services now include a Coronavirus map. But, I am puzzled as to why the very sparsely populated Apache county has the same number of cases as the densely populated Maricopa county.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...you might not see it because of your own bias

Mark, you mistake me for someone with a political agenda, such as your own. I don't "root" for any ideology. You're so self-centered on American politics, that you don't seem to comprehend that a global response is required to subdue this pandemic. It's not all about Trump.

I get it. You both hate me.

Poor little Tony... always the victim. You enter a thread, mouth off with your usual BS, and then pout when you get a response. Any "hate" you receive is justly deserved. Perhaps you should go sit for awhile in one of those "cry closets" you're always offering to build for people you love to ridicule here. Get some help Tony, before you go completely over the edge.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2020 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Poor little Tony... always the victim. You enter a thread, mouth off with your usual BS, and then pout when you get a response. Any "hate" you receive is justly deserved. Perhaps you should go sit for awhile in one of those "cry closets" you're always offering to build for people you love to ridicule here. Get some help Tony, before you go completely over the edge.

Perhaps during the next world pandemic you will be more kind to your fellow members? Stay safe.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-26-2020).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"You mistake me for someone with a political agenda, such as your own. I don't "root" for any ideology. You're so self-centered on American politics, that you don't seem to comprehend that a global response is required to subdue this pandemic. It's not all about Trump."

Yeah! Right! No political agenda! Sorry, I don't believe you at all.

And why would I not focus on America. What we do will help the whole world.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadMark

2935 posts
Member since Feb 2010
And here is an article that kind of highlights what the article I posted before had to say. Huge difference between 500K deaths and 20K or less. While 20K is nothing to sneeze at it has to be looked at in the context of how many deaths are due to the normal flu and our response to that. And do we shut down the world because of the normal flu. Or is the trend now to shut down the world because someone might possibly die? If so do we quit driving cars? Or flying on airplanes? Or doing anything? And what would be the cost in lives if we just shut down the economy? If you think that won't end up costing lives, you have no idea of how the world works.

https://www.washingtonexami...vises-to-20k-or-less

[This message has been edited by MadMark (edited 03-26-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah! Right! No political agenda! Sorry, I don't believe you at all.

Just because you happen to be totally preoccupied with politics doesn't mean everyone else on the planet is. I think you're still sore because 14 days ago I asked you Here to quit the blame game. Let it go, man. It wasn't meant as a personal affront.

And why would I not focus on America.

Oh... maybe because there's a whole wide world out there.

What we do will help the whole world.

Great. In the meantime the rest of us will just have to stumble along.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, Patrick. You are sure full of yourself.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I find it interesting that the online weather services now include a Coronavirus map. But, I am puzzled as to why the very sparsely populated Apache county has the same number of cases as the densely populated Maricopa county.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

The Apache county number is wrong. I knew it didn't make sense. It looks like Apache has 9 cases and Maicopa is now up to 299.

Arizona is now over 500. Two weeks ago we had less than 20.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great. In the meantime the rest of us will just have to stumble along.

Interesting sentiment.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, Patrick. You are sure full of yourself.

Why, because I refuse to play the blame game with you? You have your priorities, and I just don't happen to share them.

This is the reason why I don't participate in political threads. Total waste of time.

I thought this was supposed to be a thread about a world-wide health crisis, not American politics. Silly me.

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trolls gotta troll.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally, the site is back to showing the area that the case is in.

https://gisanddata.maps.arc...40299423467b48e9ecf6
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I thought this was supposed to be a thread about a world-wide health crisis, not American politics. Silly me.

Patrick, ... I know your disgust with political discussions and I try to oblige you.

Of course the rest of the world has to stumble along. Just as we do. We can't help anyone unless we can help ourselves.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And article out of NY that shows some innovation on the Ventilators, by splitting the output so sometimes it can be used for more than one patient. Doesn't work for everyone, but it is a step in helping until we get enough ventilators online, especially in the hot spots.

And at the end of the article it talks about repurposing anesthesia machines: "Peterson favors the idea of repurposing anesthesia machines, of which there are more than 70,000 in the country, she said.
"We have ventilators on all of our anesthesia machines in every single operating room and ambulatory care center in the nation," she told CNN.

Good step in the way to helping all people who might need these ventilators.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03...ronavirus/index.html

[This message has been edited by MadMark (edited 03-26-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today China shut its borders to almost all foreigners.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Of course the rest of the world has to stumble along. Just as we do. We can't help anyone unless we can help ourselves.

Cliff, I agree with everything you've stated. What we're facing now is a major challenge for everyone. Not just for America, not just for China, not just for Italy, etc. Yes, we all need to get our own houses in order... and if in the process, we're also able to help other countries... great!

It just rubbed me the wrong way when Mark posted what he did. It's like he believes the entire rest of the planet... not just Canada, not just North America, not just the western powers... but the whole freakin' world is waiting helplessly to be saved by the US. He may not have meant it that way, but it comes across as a very grandiose statement. Maybe you've got to be on the outside (of the US) looking in to fully appreciate the irritant.

And why would I not focus on America. What we do will help the whole world.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... Ventilators ...

How do hey help ? Why are they needed ?
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They can help you breathe by forcing oxygen in and CO2 out of your lungs. The deaths from this virus are because of the way it affects your lungs like pneumonia.
Edit: A class action lawsuit against China was just filed in Nevada.

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 03-26-2020).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ventilators are needed for that percentage of the patients who in in respiratory distress. In other words their lungs are not working well enough by themselves. So they need mechanical assistance. In Italy that was one of the key problems that they are experiencing. And they are at the point where they have to decide who gets the ventilator and who doesn't, which is basically a life of death decision.

So the two things, being able to use one ventilator for more than one person, and the conversion of anesthesia machines to operate as ventilators is a huge benefit.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:
They can help you breathe by forcing oxygen in and CO2 out of your lungs. The deaths from this virus are because of the way it affects your lungs like pneumonia.

I was just in the hospital for pneumonia. Intensive care for one week. X-ray showed my whole right side very affected. I never used a ventilator.

I am not deducing anything. Interesting, ... , when screening they take your temperature, not listen to your lungs. (Mine were listened to constantly.)

I see a lot of over reaction. How many deaths have we had ? Lack of ventilators ? How many deaths with ventilators ?

Questions of a bored quarantined man (an inquisitive fellow).
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was just in the hospital for pneumonia. Intensive care for one week. X-ray showed my whole right side very affected. I never used a ventilator.

I am not deducing anything. Interesting, ... , when screening they take your temperature, not listen to your lungs. (Mine were listened to constantly.)

I see a lot of over reaction. How many deaths have we had ? Lack of ventilators ? How many deaths with ventilators ?

It is my understanding that no one in the US has died because they haven't had access to a ventilator. But, NY city is close to maxing out the current supply of ventilators.

Also, with this Covid-19 it isn't a normal pneumonia. The lungs get really blocked and from what I have heard it is a really stiff liquid that forms in your lungs. With most pneumonia you can conquer it with antibiotics and coughing to get the liquid in your lungs out. I have had a relatively mild form of pneumonia, I didn't require hospitalization, and it was not fun.

Glad you made it through it alright.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:
They can help you breathe by forcing oxygen in ...

I did have an oxygen tube feeding my nose. Intervaneous antibiotics, check. Pill form now.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Governor Andrew Cuomo calmly explaining the use of ventilators...

Governor Cuomo a bit more agitated...

And look which country now has the most COVID-19 cases world-wide. This is not good.

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff, Don't be fooled by LEFTIST BULLSHIT involving a hack like Cuomo.

While that moron is screaming for MORE, MORE, MORE and trying to blame President Trump.....Florida is NOT screaming for more and that includes ventilators or military hospital ships like NY is.

WHY do you think that is?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-26-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Cliff, Don't be fooled by LEFTIST BULLSHIT involving a hack like Cuomo.

I didn't even know Cuomo's political affiliation when I posted those videos, but nevertheless, I'm sure Cliff can handle viewing them.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the doctors on the Corona Virus task force answered that question about ventilators availability in NY today, because someone was trying to work up fear. Currently there are over 1000 ventilators available in NY and more coming. Add to that we have 70,000 anesthesia machines that can be converted to ventilators. So we are no where near as critical as Italy is where they are rationing ventilators right now. And I am sure that the US will be doing their best to help Italy out too.

As to the number of Covid-19 cases in the US. That is because in the last few days we have developed the ability to do more and quicker testing. Therefore more people are being tested. This is actually a good thing, because the number of critical cases has not gone up dramatically like the number of cases has. No one else in the world right now has that kind of testing going on. So we are now actually getting a better understanding of just how fatal this virus is. There have been suspicions all along that it was not, but there was no way to prove it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock