Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus (Page 24)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus by maryjane
Started on: 01-22-2020 01:32 AM
Replies: 1454 (20610 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 01-02-2021 09:04 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WARNING..Politics follows:

It sounds like Trump may be beginning to backtrack and move away from lockdowns.
Saw where he said "cure can't be much worse than the virus" which many believe indicates he doesn't think the lives risked or potential death toll justifies the economic toll.

Also saw where Texas Lt Governor said:

"Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, chiming in to support President Donald Trump's new focus on the economy over fierce warnings from public health officials, suggested on Fox News on Monday night that he would rather die from the rapid spread of the novel coronavirus than see instability in the American economic system.

"No one reached out to me and said, 'As a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren?' And if that's the exchange, I'm all in," he said. "And that doesn't make me noble or brave or anything like that.

"I just think there are lots of grandparents out there in this country like me ... that what we all care about and what we all love more than anything are those children," he added. "And I want to, you know, live smart and see through this, but I don't want to see the whole country to be sacrificed, and that's what I see.""

No, it doesn't make Dan Patrick noble or brave, it makes him stupid...and I voted for him.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-24-2020).]

IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pressure from corporate tycoons?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect more a case of small business and voters that are currently not working. Don't see it here at PFF but over on the Ag and cattle boards I'm on where the avg age of membership is a lot closer to mine, I see a lot of sentiment supporting just letting the chips fall and getting back to 'business as usual'. Many of the older folks are worried their portfolios will be down so much that they won't be able to leave their kids/grandkids much when grandpa dies, which is still placing a price tag/monetary value on other people's lives. I'm pretty disgusted with it.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Many of the older folks are worried their portfolios will be down so much that they won't be able to leave their kids/grandkids much when grandpa dies...

Assuming the kids/grandkids themselves don't get knocked off by this virus if it gets a death grip on the country... due to relaxation of the lockdowns. Damn, some people are shortsighted.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-24-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, we don't actually have mandatory 'lockdowns' here. There's just nothing open except grocers, medical facilities and a few other businesses..any business that doesn't require or allow more than 10 people gathered in close proximity is still open. Auto repair, tire centers, convenience stores, home building supply, drive thru burger/chicken places etc are all still open here and across most of Texas.
The refineries are still running but a lot of companies that have assembly lines are shut down.
I see more office type places closed than anything else.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Up to this point, the provinces in Canada have independently been asserting pressure on their citizens to comply with COVID-19 measures, but today the PM had some stern words for all Canadians

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thinking about the wording of this (Pennock's) topic, which has it as the "Chinese" corona virus, and also the recent and continuing back and forth about President Trump talking about the "China virus" or the "Chinese virus," etc.

You may or--wait for it--may not care to look at this, from the Washington Post online:

"Spain hated being linked to the deadly 1918 flu pandemic. Trump’s ‘Chinese virus’ label echoes that."
Ronald G. Shafer for the Washington Post; March 23, 2020.
https://www.washingtonpost....chinese-virus-trump/

Just a couple or maybe three "pages." Things about the deadly 1918 influenza pandemic that you (likely) wouldn't already be aware of.

I saw a documentary, some years ago--and this is not in the Washington Post column--about a medical researcher who presented what he believed was very conclusive evidence that the origin of the 1918 influenza pandemic was a virus that crossed over to humans from pigs: the very large number of pigs that were corralled or concentrated close behind the front lines of the Western armies in France during World War One.

The pigs were being concentrated there to be slaughtered and fed to the soldiers. This researcher was working with the RNA of the 1918 virus, from a sample that had been taken in 1918 and preserved (cryogenically?) in a lab. I don't remember the exact details of the documentary, but that's the gist of it.

That researcher even went so far as to hypothesize that the 1918 pandemic had a Patient Zero who was an American soldier, and that the virus was passed to German soldiers and into Germany during a battle towards the end of the war, which involved American soldiers pushing forwards with an attack against German soldiers in the close confines of a significant underground tunnel of some kind.

I'd have to try to find the documentary online somewhere, to provide the details with more clarity and completeness.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-24-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
99% of the world cares little what the Spanish or the Chinese think.

It will most likely always be called the Chinese Coronavirus just as Rubella will always be called German Measles, and MERS will always be known as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome. (except in the Middle East, it's sometimes called the Camel Flu)

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK.

About that documentary, the researcher had combed through archives of newspaper reports and patient and medical facility records (including U.S. Army records) from 1917 and (or) 1918, to identify what he believed was the first emergence of what would soon become the 1918 pandemic. I can't say that his conclusions are commonly accepted, but if I were grading it on "effort", it looked like a very solid grade "A" level of work.

Namaste.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-24-2020).]

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For weeks, Liberty County officials crossed their fingers crossed in hopes that they would be able to avoid the tide of counties reporting coronavirus cases, but late Saturday night, the first case was reported.

The female is in the 40-50 age range and the source of the infection is being investigated. The victim is currently experiencing mild symptoms and isolating at home.

This has been something knawing at me with regards to shelter in place.
We just learned of a case about 30 miles away (in a different county) and another also 30 miles away in a different direction (another different county).

We have had more than half the country sheltering in place for ?three weeks? where the risk of infection was very minimal.

I would think that your local case and the two near me would trigger the self sheltering time period.

EDIT

Of course those of us which travel to more risk prone areas need to change that behavior and self shelter to that degree.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 03-24-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2020 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Up to this point, the provinces in Canada have independently been asserting pressure on their citizens to comply with COVID-19 measures, but today the PM had some stern words for all Canadians

Bozo speaks...well, grunts. Compare his address to Doug Ford. Doug had concrete plans and measures already rolling this morning. Bozo is standing there stomping his feet crying "enough is enough"..waa, waa, waa. I don't liiiiikkkeeee. All the while as usual trowing money he doesn't have and we all know damn well he is going to use his bail-in laws to cover down the road.

I have never in my life seen such weak and inept leadership. I guess that's what happens when you live in fear of offending anyone.

PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2020 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by cliffw:

This has been something knawing at me with regards to shelter in place.
We just learned of a case about 30 miles away (in a different county) and another also 30 miles away in a different direction (another different county).

We have had more than half the country sheltering in place for ?three weeks? were the risk of infection was very minimal.

I would think that your local case and the two near me would trigger the self sheltering time period.

EDIT

Of course those of us which travel to more risk prone areas need to change that behavior and self shelter to that degree.

Look at the shelter conditions for a lot of them. Hi-density housing sharing a common HVAC system. Basically cruise ship conditions.

I'm surprised the numbers aren't going higher, but this is just the start of the apocalypse.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you think the pharma companies haven't been trying to find a cure for the common cold and doing so for years?

I think that if they have been working on it, it hasn't been a priority.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2020 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The great state of Washington is on lock down. I am non essential.

Stay safe. Follow the rules. Family, friends, and neighbors...

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-24-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why and how Just In Time failed:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/m...onavirus/ar-BB11ADdU
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you have money it’s fine to shelter in place. When you can’t pay the bills then I totally understand getting back to business and taking your chances.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why and how Just In Time failed:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/m...onavirus/ar-BB11ADdU

Yep, Just in Time works great when things don't get messed with. But, if something is off just a little bit is causes huge troubles. As almost everyone now sees. Another Short Term gain vs long term problems.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

When you have money it’s fine to shelter in place. When you can’t pay the bills then I totally understand getting back to business and taking your chances.

I have personally seen the following disseminated:
An Entergy Electric notice that they will NOT disconnect anyone's elecric power for being behind on paying as long as the Covid crisis goes on. You will have to pay it eventually, but not now.

FCC notice in which every major phone and internet provider has agreed to..no disconnect or cessation of services until this is over. I know both ATT and Verizon have sent out texts to all residential customer notifying them to that effect. You will still have to pay it eventually.

Any public housing complex or any complex that gets partial fed or state govt subsidy is prohibited from evicting anyone for non-payment of rent until this is over.

Our local county govt offices are closed. If you owe a tax bill (usually property tax) there will be no penalties or late fees for payments not made on time and no property is to be impounded or auctioned off for non-payment of taxes until this is all over.. they don't even want you to mail payments in because there is no one at the courthouse annex to receive the mail.

Most of the schools here are closed, but the schools are still providing lunches for the students. free of charge. They are boxed lunches, you drive up and the 'lunch lady' type person hands how ever many would be normal to you at curbside. Adults, can also purchase the same meal at whatever the school decrees each one costs.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2020 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

We have a few little mom and pop type business here all over Facebook basically begging people to order for delivery to help them stay afloat.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2020 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Color me surprised....no, not really.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/pol...gency-bill-1.5507499

Never let a good apocalypse go to waste.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Javitts Field convntion complex is getting a makeover today by FEMA, National Guard and US Corps of Engineers.
Turning it into a 2000 bed hospital complex. Supposed to be ready in 7-10 days.

The Javits Convention Center’s stunning transformation into a 2,000-bed hospital complex to treat coronavirus patients was in full swing Monday, as Gov. Andrew Cuomo gave a sneak peek at the facility.

“For us, a major thrust is increasing hospital capacity,” Cuomo told reporters inside the cavernous Midtown convention center. “We’re trying to reduce the rate of the spread of the virus. But at the same time, we have to get that hospital capacity up.”

The Federal Emergency Management Agency is in the process of constructing four 250-bed temporary hospitals inside the venue, while the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is working to erect a fifth, 1,000-bed facility, Cuomo said.

Cumulatively, the hospitals would add 2,000 beds to the 53,000 in the state’s hospital system, inching New York closer to the 110,000-bed threshold that the contagion’s curve is projected to demand.

The crunch comes as New York state is inundated with 20,875 cases of coronavirus, including 12,305 in the five boroughs. So far, the disease has killed 157 people across the Empire State.

The Javits Center facilities can begin admitting patients as soon as construction is completed in about seven to 10 days, according to Cuomo.

Once operational, the facilities will serve as a sort of pressure valve to take on patients overflowing from traditional hospitals, Cuomo said.

“This will be a backfill facility, where we can relieve some of the pressure and the tension from hospitals by using these beds,” he said.

Additionally, the FEMA hospitals — which will sprawl to about 40,000 square feet each — will come equipped with their own caches of sorely needed medical supplies, plus about 320 federal staffers in total.

The National Guard was also on hand at the center Monday, aiding as needed in the overhaul.

“You are going to see an overcapacity of our health system,” predicted Cuomo. “Luckily, Javits has plenty of space.

https://www.marketwatch.com...on-center-2020-03-23

https://www.ibtimes.com/nat...vid-19-fight-2945272
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I have never in my life seen such weak and inept leadership. I guess that's what happens when you live in fear of offending anyone.

If nothing else, you're consistent.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2020 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cmon. Doesn't he remind you of a grade school hall monitor?

Everyone has to do what I say
You have to listen
Do what I say
(Everyone still ignore him)
Enough is enough
(Stomps feet)
I'm teeeelllliiiinnnnggggg
(Runs crying for more candy..or in this case money..to feel better)
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
US was more prepared for pandemic than any other country, Johns Hopkins study found:

The United States was ranked the best-prepared country in the world to handle a pandemic in late 2019 by the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security (JHCHS) -- an assessment seemingly at odds with claims by Democrats that the Trump administration left the country vulnerable to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.foxnews.com/pol...-study-found-in-2019

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:
Just wanted to say....Russia has very few cases of the virus........I wonder why? Maybe because they are the only Christian country in the world? That is what Fox always states......

"Moscow's coronavirus outbreak much worse than it looks, Putin ally says"

Andrew Osborn and Tom Balmforth for Reuters; March 24, 20.
https://www.reuters.com/art...y-says-idUSKBN21B2F3

Putin has previously said the situation is under control, but some doctors have questioned how far official data reflect reality, and the government on Tuesday closed nightclubs, cinemas and children’s entertainment centres to slow the spread of the virus.

It's a very brief report.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-25-2020).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

It's a very brief report.

Russia wasn't testing. Then medical doctors and hospitals starting reporting a sharp 38% increase in pneumonia cases.

India not doing much testing either and they finally realized that something was going on. They shutdown their whole country.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2020 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
40 different mutations identified...so far.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/n...DpwG?ocid=spartandhp

Lessee what it turns into in another year and what good all this knee-jerking does against that version.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2020 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Old Charlie's got it.

Not that I give a rat's ass about the Royals, apart from enjoying the hell out of his driving techniques

https://m.channel24.co.za/G...coronavirus-20200325
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Viruses and bacteria mutate constantly.

Your point?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

40 different mutations identified...so far.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/n.. .DpwG?ocid=spartandhp

Lessee what it turns into in another year and what good all this knee-jerking does against that version.

Yeah..talk about knee jerk reactions..aren't you the king of that movement?
Here's what science really says about it's mutation:

The coronavirus is not mutating significantly as it circulates through the human population, according to scientists who are closely studying the novel pathogen's genetic code. That relative stability suggests the virus is less likely to become more or less dangerous as it spreads, and represents encouraging news for researchers hoping to create a long-lasting vaccine.

All viruses evolve over time, accumulating mutations as they replicate imperfectly inside a host’s cells in tremendous numbers and then spread through a population, with some of those mutations persisting through natural selection. The new coronavirus has proofreading machinery, however, and that reduces the “error rate” and the pace of mutation. The new coronavirus looks pretty much the same everywhere it has appeared, the scientists say, and there is no evidence that some strains are deadlier than others

https://www.msn.com/en-us/h...-vaccine/ar-BB11EJmL
https://www.washingtonpost....e3fbd85b5_story.html
https://www.independent.co....latest-a9423301.html
https://www.dailywire.com/n...-number-of-mutations

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-25-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69558 posts
Member since Apr 2001
More on the potential (or not) for Chloroquine to be THE treatment.

[The original French study results]
Hydroxychloroquine, particularly when given with the antibiotic azithromycin, has received widespread attention following a controversial, small study of about 40 patients hospitalized with Covid-19 in France. In that study, the drug appeared to help clear the virus from the bodies of 26 patients who were given the medication, based on samples taken from nasal swabs. Experts have criticized the design of the study, calling it interesting but far from definitive.

[Results from an earlier Chinese trial]
Hydroxychloroquine, a medicine for malaria that President Donald Trump has touted as a treatment for coronavirus, was no more effective than conventional care, a small study found.

The report published by the Journal of Zhejiang University in China showed that patients who got the medicine didn’t fight off the new coronavirus more often than those who did not get the medicine.

The study involved just 30 patients. Of the 15 patients given the malaria drug, 13 tested negative for the coronavirus after a week of treatment. Of the 15 patients who didn’t get hydroxychloroquine, 14 tested negative for the virus.

full article:
https://www.bloomberg.com/n...vid-19-care-in-study

For both studies, this sums it up (for now anyway)

The results of the study weren’t statistically significant.

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just learned that Jerry Jones has known of a way to not catch the Coronavirus for a while now. The Cowboy receivers can't catch anything anyway so, they and their fans are safe as long as the fans practice like the receivers do.

Sorry, I thought a little levity was due.

The other thing I heard was if you want to avoid catching the Coronavirus, ride a Harley, they can't catch anything either. This one I believe.

Rams
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2020 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm multi tasking about 9 different things so ain't going on a copy-paste binge, but head over to GLP, there are a couple threads about a doctor in NY having amazing success with the chloroquine.

And nope, I never do get tired of apocalypse sarcasm. On that area, I'm not much different than Sheldon.

Yippee we're all gonna die.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2020 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 03-25-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this is really the case.

New Oxford study suggests millions of people may have already built up coronavirus immunity

https://news.yahoo.com/oxfo...eople-221100162.html

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That NY doctor better up his game, since NY had over 7000 New cases just yesterday.
Out of 37,360 total NY cases, 36,800 are still active.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69558 posts
Member since Apr 2001

I'm multi tasking about 9 different things so ain't going on a copy-paste binge, but head over to GLP, there are a couple threads about a doctor in NY having amazing success with the chloroquine.

And nope, I never do get tired of apocalypse sarcasm. On that area, I'm not much different than Sheldon.

Yippee we're all gonna die.

Sheldon is a fictitious character.

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That NY doctor better up his game, since NY had over 7000 New cases just yesterday.
Out of 37,360 total NY cases, 36,800 are still active.

NY is the biggest hot spot in the US right now. And the mayor wants millions of tests done. I think you are going to see huge increases in the numbers of people infected with covid-19, as we do that. It is my suspicion that we have been only tagging the ones who are the sickest as having the virus. And that there are many more with less virulent cases of it. This will cause 2 things. First the total numbers go up exponentially, which the media will gleefully report as a sign of the apocalypse thereby scaring everyone. And secondly it will bring down the mortality rate to close to what normal flu is every year. But, you can bet the media will play up the first one to make headlines.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of the testing results that have been released to this point are from the backlog of people in the hospitals who were not tested due to lack of test kits, according to yesterdays Task Force briefing.

As kits become more widely available and test results from non hospital testing come in, the numbers will change drastically.

Our current data set is very incomplete, we will have a much better idea of the extent of infection in the coming days.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock