Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus by maryjane
Started on: 01-22-2020 01:32 AM
Replies: 1454 (20610 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 01-02-2021 09:04 AM
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2020 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VP Pence is 1st in line of succession. Nancy Pelosi is next. 😳

Edit: 33 degrees C here in Phnom Penh

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 03-12-2020).]

IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Ummm... dare I ask how you accomplish that?

City Boy...
It's quite common in rural America for anyone that has or has had a septic system or aerobic wastewater treatment plant. Neither of those units can handle paper products.
The used toilet paper simply goes in a small trash bag lined trash can near the toilet and it's closed& tied up and is taken outside & burned when necessary, or thrown still bagged up into the larger household garbage and taken to the trash collection point.

(no, contrary to what many might think, there is no odor in the bathroom from the used paper)
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

City Boy...

Hold on there, Farm Boy...

I'll have you know that I've had plenty of experience using an outhouse, and the paper just goes down the hole along with everything else. No muss, no fuss.

And here's the view from that aforementioned outhouse. Gawd, I love those trees!

But (butt?) back to the septic system... I've known several people living in rural areas just outside of Vancouver, and they simply flushed the TP. That's why I was surprised that you didn't.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-13-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An outhouse is a lot different than an indoor toilet that empties into facility that can't handle paper. We had an outhouse at a weekend home we had many decades ago. Had an awful smell to it, you could see the maggots down below and ya had to beat the spiders and wasps off before you sat down and hoped there wasn't a venomous serpent coiled up in the corner.
In Vietnam, we had 'multi-hole' outhouses. The poop fell into 1/2 55 gallon drums and about every other day, someone would have to come along with a truck, drag out the cut drums full of feces and pour about 4 gallons of diesel in the drum and set it afire. Had to keep it stirred so it would all burn. Worst job..and smell in the world too.

I assume they still do it the same way today in Iraq and Afghanistan.
(some paper is approved for a classic one compartment septic tank but no 2 or 3 compartment aerobic system that I know of will handle toilet paper..they have pumps and aerators in them that would plug up with paper and the paper could collect on the floats that tell the electronics when to kick the pumps on. I have an aerobic wastewater treatment system because I live in a flood plain)
This one:

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-13-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... and ya had to beat the spiders and wasps off before you sat down and hoped there wasn't a venomous serpent coiled up in the corner.

This won't be nearly as interesting as your post (seriously, it was quite informative!), but the quote above reminds me of one of my trips up the coast (where the outhouse is located) about 20 years ago. I was finding small piles of feces scattered around the woods near the house. I asked my girlfriend's kids, who were quite young at the time, if they knew anything about it. They blamed the dog. I couldn't prove otherwise... until one day I again found fresh feces, but this pile had easily visible corn in it! I knew damn well the dog hadn't eaten corn on the cob with us the previous evening. I confronted the kids with the evidence, and the boy finally admitted that he was scared of the spiders down the hole in the outhouse.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-13-2020).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not in my world. There hasn't been anything made of paper flushed down my toilet since we built the place in 2008.
Only way 'they' can turn my water off is if they cut the power lines, and then, they have to wait for me to run out of fuel for my genset.

What are the products that could be made from--"of"--paper flushed down a toilet? Are there any completely new such products? As for already existing products, would making them from paper flushed down a toilet cost out as price-competitive, vs the more traditional methods and sourcing that are already being used; i.e., using one of the "never flushed" grades of paper that are already manufactured in volume by virgin or recycled paper mills?

Just playing "Devil's Advocate." Maybe there's an opening here for "greener" products that would move society in a more Thunberg or AOC-friendly direction.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-13-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TP has to be the 2nd most biodegradable product after poop. No pun intended.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't think it has been mentioned yet- they are closing all the schools here in Michigan and Ohio for 3 weeks.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In Vietnam, we had 'multi-hole' outhouses. The poop fell into 1/2 55 gallon drums and about every other day, someone would have to come along with a truck, drag out the cut drums full of feces and pour about 4 gallons of diesel in the drum and set it afire. Had to keep it stirred so it would all burn. Worst job..and smell in the world too.

The modern-day equivalent to that job is the guy who drives the pump truck who has to suck out the poop and urine from the the port-o-johns (or "shitters") at construction sites and other events. Get caught downwind while that is going on and you'll about puke! Maybe going back to the burning diesel fuel would be a good idea.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Don't think it has been mentioned yet- they are closing all the schools here in Michigan and Ohio for 3 weeks.

Same with Ontario. I think it's going to be pretty standard to just keep them closed after March break.

It's an idea that's going to backfire. Think all those kids are going to sit home in quarantine for 2weeks ? Not. A. Chance.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 03-13-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
I've always used this with septic systems and never had a problem flushing the paper

https://www.amazon.com/Sept...Liquid/dp/B0058I168Y

TP only, it won't handle cigarette butt, sanitary products or any of the other stuff that ends up down a city toilet.
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
This one came across one of my Facebook groups this morning. Take it as you will.

_-----------------

I am writing to you from Bergamo, Italy, at the heart of the coronavirus crisis. The news media in the US has not captured the severity of what is happening here. I am writing this post because each of you, today, not the government, not the school district, not the mayor, each individual citizen has the chance, today to take actions that will deter the Italian situation from becoming your own country’s reality. The only way to stop this virus is to limit contagion. And the only way to limit contagion is for millions of people to change their behavior today.

If you are in Europe or the US you are weeks away from where we are today in Italy.

I can hear you now. “It’s just a flu. It only affects old people with preconditions”

There are 2 reasons why Coronavirus has brought Italy to it’s knees. First it is a flu is devastating when people get really sick they need weeks of ICU – and, second, because of how fast and effectively it spreads. There is 2 week incubation period and many who have it never show symptoms.

When Prime Minister Conte announced last night that the entire country, 60 million people, would go on lock down, the line that struck me most was “there is no more time.” Because to be clear, this national lock down, is a hail mary. What he means is that if the numbers of contagion do not start to go down, the system, Italy, will collapse.

Why? Today the ICUs in Lombardy are at capacity – more than capacity. They have begun to put ICU units in the hallways. If the numbers do not go down, the growth rate of contagion tells us that there will be thousands of people who in a matter of a week? two weeks? who will need care. What will happen when there are 100, or a 1000 people who need the hospital and only a few ICU places left?

On Monday a doctor wrote in the paper that they have begun to have to decide who lives and who dies when the patients show up in the emergency room, like what is done in war. This will only get worse.

There are a finite number of drs, nurses, medical staff and they are getting the virus. They have also been working non-stop, non-stop for days and days. What happens when the drs, nurses and medical staff are simply not able to care for the patients, when they are not there?

And finally for those who say that this is just something that happens to old people, starting yesterday the hospitals are reporting that younger and younger patients – 40, 45, 18, are coming in for treatment.

You have a chance to make a difference and stop the spread in your country. Push for the entire office to work at home today, cancel birthday parties, and other gatherings, stay home as much as you can. If you have a fever, any fever, stay home. Push for school closures, now. Anything you can do to stop the spread, because it is spreading in your communities – there is a two week incubation period – and if you do these things now you can buy your medical system time.

And for those who say it is not possible to close the schools, and do all these other things, locking down Italy was beyond anyone’s imagination a week ago.

Soon you will not have a choice, so do what you can now.

Please share.
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well now that the majority of all sports are canceled, guess you got to have something to do.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/...ryone-184400658.html
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

I think I had cv-19 on jan 27 2020

I for one am very happy that you are OK after this. That sounds horrible.

Take care. Honestly. Now is not the time for me to treat you like shat.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ray, according to this morning's map Fla no longer shows to have any covid-19 patients.
Have they recovered?

It's been one of my concerns. There was/is a patient around the 1st week of Feb that was admitted to the Lackland AFB military hospital. He has not yet recovered tho I believe the USA's very first case in Washington (Jan 19) did recover tho all I can really find on it was that as of Jan 30, he was still hospitalized.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/fu...0.1056/NEJMoa2001191

US now has 1,268 confirmed cases.
According to the John Hopkins website, only 6 have recovered.
33 have died.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Canada suspends parliament over it

https://www.huffingtonpost....9729c5b6bd8156f629d6
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

I think I had cv-19 on jan 27 2020

early adopter or something
no idea from where I could have caught it
I mostly stayed in miami but did a few trips to the west coast of fla
in the 2-3 weeks before I got sick
I did go to a marine swap meet and normal garage sales
no out of country but the house across the street is full of Vietnamese

symptoms bad body aches and pain worse then the flu
fever and chills very bad
bad cough lungs hurt
gut was ok no runs or throw ups but did not want to eat lost about 15 lbs
very low energy just wanted to sit or lie down

major diff from flu was NO running nose NO sore throat at all
all the above close match to reported cv-19 symptoms
minor hick-cups very often only other effect but that maybe just me

I was down for about 10 days and weak for a few weeks after the aches and fever stopped

no tests just stayed at home
wife had very minor symptoms
my two kids who live at home did NOT get sick

recently tryed to get a anti-body test to check if I had cv-19
but NO test available for that in the USA [china has one]
not the live/active virus test that they do have and use here
as I no longer have the bug after over 6 weeks time so no point in the live test
so only the anti-body test was what I wanted to check if I had cv-19

did have recent blood test last week and check up and I am in good general health

posting now as the prospect of enforced Q at a military base is over now
with standard procedure to Q at home what I basically did

The wife and I were talking about this the other day.

Most of her family, as well as most of my family, were also sick around the beginning- middle of January.

My Father in Law, after being sick for over a week was diagnosed with Pneumonia. My Mother-in-Law had a cough she couldn't get rid of for about two weeks. Our local friends had similar things going on. Nobody was really "sick", except my FIL (He's in his 70's.)
Mom and my wife were both tested for the Flu, and both tested negative, but the doctor (Small town, same doc.) said it was common for it to be wrong, and gave Mom Tamiflu. My wife got nothing as she was on other stuff already as I recall. (And she likes that naturalist mumbo jumbo)

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fats

5565 posts
Member since Jan 2012

City Boy...
It's quite common in rural America for anyone that has or has had a septic system or aerobic wastewater treatment plant. Neither of those units can handle paper products.
The used toilet paper simply goes in a small trash bag lined trash can near the toilet and it's closed& tied up and is taken outside & burned when necessary, or thrown still bagged up into the larger household garbage and taken to the trash collection point.

(no, contrary to what many might think, there is no odor in the bathroom from the used paper)

Our current septic tank will not handle paper at all, but the tank at our new house will. (according to the installers.)

But, in its defense, our current septic was hand built in the 70's and needs replaced. It has to be pumped every few years.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Take care. Honestly. Now is not the time for me to treat you like shat.

Amazing.
You are such an incredible self-grandising little douche-bag that you have no idea how absolutely despicable that statement actually is.

You really are just a simple-minded little worm whom can’t even seem to fake being a bully convincingly.

You are without a doubt the most voluminous amount of nothing I have ever seen in a single-serving package.

If you can manage with your limited mental abilities to scrounge-up an ounce or so of intellect above that of an insect, you might want to try and evolve.

Here, I can help.
Anytime you think you have something human to say, just STFU.
You don’t.
You’re a worm.

P.S. This is in no way meant to be degrading to worms.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 03-13-2020).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can everybody calm down and get back to talking about this made up panic please?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Amazing. Click to show

Sorry that you feel that way. Is there anything that I could do to change your mind?

One, I was not speaking to you, and two, I do believe that you broke your New Years resolution because of little ol' me?

Take care. Times call for being kind. You choose your path, and I will take mine.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-13-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Can everybody calm down and get back to talking about this made up panic please?

It's gotten so bad here that stores are sold out and people are trading sex for food.

It's just crazy.

I scored 4 pizzas.
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

It's gotten so bad here that stores are sold out and people are trading sex for food.

It's just crazy.

I scored 4 pizzas.

Mini Pizza's???????
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ray, according to this morning's map Fla no longer shows to have any covid-19 patients.
Have they recovered?

2 dead.

Both appear to have been elderly with one or more comorbidity factors.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/w...19-positive-69449615
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Just announced here in British Columbia... any travel outside of Canada (including to the USA) will require 14 days of quarantine upon arrival back in BC.

Wow, this is getting serious.

B.C. health officials discouraging 'all non-essential travel' outside Canada

That's the smartest move by a government yet. Don't wait until the numbers mount, your services are overwhelmed and it's too late. And forget the 1 or 2 time forehead fever scan.

My question is how will they handle the quarantine? Will there be quarantine facilities at every crossing???

I hope it's not self quarantine?

-----

I just reread the quoted text. This is for Canadians returning from outside the county, correct? What about non-resident entry? Are they going to close the border?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect it may indeed be self quarantine, but with call ins required every day and maybe at home checks by some official authority to make sure you are there.

I don't remember now whaich area here in the US was already doing it, but there was a pretty significant fine for breaking self quarantine as well. Denver maybe...I think I posted the text of the order on one of the previous pages. .. Yep..Denver.

9NEWS: How long does the quarantine last?

Zimmerman: When we’re looking at COVID-19 specifically, we know the incubation is between two and 14 days. When we look at someone who could have been exposed, we take the exposure date and add 14 days. That’s how long the quarantine is.

9NEWS: How are the quarantines enforced?

Zimmerman: We do daily check-ins. We don’t go physically all the time, it depends on the level. If they are calling us and reporting their temperature and whatever symptoms they’re supposed to log, we can touch base with them and say, 'hey, were you able to stay in today, did you do anything you weren’t supposed to?' So it is a little on the honor system.

9NEWS: Is there a penalty if people don't obey them?

Zimmerman: People can be subject to up to 300 days in jail or a fine. If they don’t comply.

9NEWS: Can people say no to a quarantine?

Zimmerman: Since it is going through the city, there is an appeals process. We haven’t had that happen yet. We allow people to say no and it would go before a judge.

9NEWS: Are people quarantined at home or at a hospital?

Zimmerman: Often, quarantines are at home because they are asymptomatic so they don’t actually need any medical care. When we’re talking about isolation, same thing. If they can manage their own symptoms they stay at home in isolation. If they need to be hospitalized, then they stay in isolation there.

Here are the rules for the quarantines released by the DDPHE:

You shall be confined to your home and shall not attend any public gathering, provided no symptoms of illness develop in the interim.
You are not allowed to attend childcare, school, or work, provided no symptoms of illness develop in the interim.
You may not use public transportation.
You may not have visitors at the home unless they are determined by DDPHE to be adequately protected and have an essential need to be in the home; this is in effect until termination of these quarantine orders.
DDPHE staff will contact you daily, with possible in-home visits as necessary, to monitor your health.
You shall monitor your health, including logging and reporting to public health daily the following signs and symptoms:
Fever. Take and log temperature twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
Chills, body aches, sore throat, headache, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, runny nose

https://www.9news.com/artic...50-9e2d-c5e47a27dbc5

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-13-2020).]

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not to make light of the situation at all.....butt......

HAGO!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some 'kinda' good news.
FDA gives fast tracked approval for Roche's new test that is 10X faster than what was being used:
https://www.bloomberg.com/n...at-s-10-times-faster
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The run on toilet paper is a good indicator of how full of sh!t many Americans are....
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

My question is how will they handle the quarantine? Will there be quarantine facilities at every crossing???

I hope it's not self quarantine?

OK, OK, it's The Bee, but still you know that for many of them it's the truth.....

https://babylonbee.com/news...Tyd8HvW1VEtRgdtlyXj Y

"Of course, many nerds are running out of hygienic products, but they say that's "not an issue."

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-13-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13746 posts
Member since Mar 2006
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jubilant HollisterStier has a vaccine.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-15-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohio estimating 100,000 infected

https://mobile.twitter.com/.../1238503628656250880
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yup...it's The Bee again....they're really on a roll with this.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jubilent Hollister has a vaccine.

source for that information please.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jubilent Hollister has a vaccine.

I assume that you mean Jubilant HollisterStier.

Since JH is chiefly a contract manufacturer and does not engage in their own bio-research, I would like to know the source of your info.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ROTTERDAM - Scientists from Erasmus MC and Utrecht University claim the discovery of an antibody against Covid-19. The scientific publication of the group of ten scientists is ready for assessment by the leading journal Nature, reports Erasmus Magazine, which calls the discovery a world first.

"The antibody prevents the virus from being able to infect and can also help detect the virus," says professor of cell biology Frank Grosveld, one of the discoverers on behalf of Erasmus MC. "We are now trying to get a pharmaceutical on board - which looks good, by the way - that can produce the antibody on a large scale as a medicine."

The article with findings from the scientists was already published on Thursday on a website called BioRxiv, on which biologists can publish their research and to which colleagues can respond. The summary speaks of an antibody to SARS2, the coronavirus causing the current Covid-19 pandemic.

Testing takes months

The antibody can help detect and prevent this type of corona infection. According to Erasmus Magazine, the antibody has yet to be tested on humans, a process that takes months.

In the article, Grosveld says that he and his fellow researchers had already isolated an antibody before the current pandemic. “From the previous study, we still had untested antibodies in the refrigerator that did not react with all three mutations, but with SARS1. When the current crisis - SARS2 - broke out, we immediately tested whether the antibodies that reacted with SARS1 also respond to SARS2 and found the antibody that has now been published.”

Grosveld says that in addition to developing the drug, the antibody can also be used to set up a diagnostic test. "One that everyone can do at home so that people can easily know whether they have an infection or not."

Important step in drug development

The invention is especially important for making a medicine, says Grosveld. "If you were to take this as a patient, it is expected - and that is only an expectation - that the infection can be stopped in the patient." According to him, a real solution is a vaccine. "Others are working on that. However, developing a vaccine can easily take two years. The medicine of us, if it all works, is there sooner.”
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2020 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now the true agenda behind all this panic surfaces.

https://www.washingtonexami...uLJWAeibzsKOVGq-fxUs

And that's how it's going to go. City by city via executive order and the bylaws of the corporation of the city of screw you. Just a simple matter of tweaking the business licencing bylaws.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

ROTTERDAM - Scientists from Erasmus MC and Utrecht University claim the discovery of an antibody against Covid-19. The scientific publication of the group of ten scientists is ready for assessment by the leading journal Nature, reports Erasmus Magazine, which calls the discovery a world first.

"The antibody prevents the virus from being able to infect and can also help detect the virus," says professor of cell biology Frank Grosveld, one of the discoverers on behalf of Erasmus MC. "We are now trying to get a pharmaceutical on board - which looks good, by the way - that can produce the antibody on a large scale as a medicine."

The article with findings from the scientists was already published on Thursday on a website called BioRxiv, on which biologists can publish their research and to which colleagues can respond. The summary speaks of an antibody to SARS2, the coronavirus causing the current Covid-19 pandemic.

Testing takes months

The antibody can help detect and prevent this type of corona infection. According to Erasmus Magazine, the antibody has yet to be tested on humans, a process that takes months.

In the article, Grosveld says that he and his fellow researchers had already isolated an antibody before the current pandemic. “From the previous study, we still had untested antibodies in the refrigerator that did not react with all three mutations, but with SARS1. When the current crisis - SARS2 - broke out, we immediately tested whether the antibodies that reacted with SARS1 also respond to SARS2 and found the antibody that has now been published.”

Grosveld says that in addition to developing the drug, the antibody can also be used to set up a diagnostic test. "One that everyone can do at home so that people can easily know whether they have an infection or not."

Important step in drug development

The invention is especially important for making a medicine, says Grosveld. "If you were to take this as a patient, it is expected - and that is only an expectation - that the infection can be stopped in the patient." According to him, a real solution is a vaccine. "Others are working on that. However, developing a vaccine can easily take two years. The medicine of us, if it all works, is there sooner.”

Thank you for the article. A home test would be a big plus!
What is it like in Europe right now?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-14-2020).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock