Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Ray-O,...Ray-ay-ay-O, daylight comes.... (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ray-O,...Ray-ay-ay-O, daylight comes.... by williegoat
Started on: 02-28-2018 09:19 PM
Replies: 237 (3991 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 04-03-2018 07:40 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2018 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
…and no sign of the potentate of the Potomac, the chieftain of the Chesapeake, the sultan beside the sea.

I hope all is well in the Land of Otten.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have also been aware.

I did see that he posted something in the Tech section, on a date that was after the last that I saw from him here, in Off Topic.

I guess we'll see if the incantation here has any effect.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry guys, after the name calling thread that proved fruitless I'm done with O/T.

Makes me sick just thinking that our side is just as ideological as their side.

I though we were better but we're not.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What? Somebody called Ray a fruit?

OK, just for that, here's a very wide picture....

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Ray and Steve, I think.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-01-2018).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:
Sorry guys, after the name calling thread that proved fruitless I'm done with O/T.

This ain't burger king but you can have it your way.

What did you expect our side to become ? Compliant ?

Speak for yourself.

I wish you well Ray. If you ever get down this way, stop by. I will show your wife where she can spend your money at James Avery.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 03-01-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nobody wins a crap-slinging contest.

One side just gets tired of it before the other side. Maybe that side moves on to another topic. Maybe they just decide to turn their back on this forum--I get occasional PMs from some who have done that.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Speak for yourself. I disagree.
Do you want to have one ?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That saddens me.

What is it that is achieved when the forum is "culled" so that only particular ideas or perspectives are visible? Do you need the assurance that when you go to the front page or open any of the threads, that you are guaranteed not to encounter any kind of speech that runs counter to your views? So the forum becomes nothing more than an "echo chamber"?

What's the point of that?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-01-2018).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That saddens me.

What is it that is achieved when the forum is "culled" so that only particular ideas or perspectives are visible? Do you need the assurance that when you go to the front page or open any of the threads, that you are guaranteed not to encounter any kind of speech that runs counter to your views? So the forum becomes nothing more than an "echo chamber"?

Yeah, we need the lefties. Otherwise we will have to start making fun of cliffw.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-01-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to use Cliff Pennock's name as a kind of incantation.

I will even use the Report This Post button to flag this message for Mr Pennock.

I think the Off Topic forum would benefit greatly from having an Active Moderator.

If not Mr Pennock himself, I wonder if he is acquainted with anyone or any persons that might want to take on that role. Maybe someone that Cliff is already working with. A quid pro quo. In exchange for some commensurate favor from Cliff.

Or how about this? A student or students in the Netherlands that would be agreeable to undertaking the Active Moderator role, as a way to practice their English language skills. I'm thinking, maybe they are in their senior year of high school, or in a vocational or trade school. They already have proficiency in English, but they would like to become even more proficient, and more acquainted with English language and euphemisms, and the techniques that English-speaking online forum participants use to argue against and insult each other.

It wouldn't have to be a full-time role, or anything like that. It would be an improvement even if they just had the role for like a month, or a summer in between their academic requirements. They could even look at some of the older messages and discussions here and adjudicate those issues--the crap-slinging contests and highly personal insults--and provide feedback to our members who were involved in it. They should be ready to respond to any "clicks" on that Report This Post button that is with every message here, and they should be ready to communicate with us about their Moderators role via PMs, or by entering into our discussion threads.

Pie in the sky, I guess. But I thought it was worth a "shot."

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Oh Willie, would you mind removing or fixing that oversized image?

I'm trying to have an actual discussion here.

No "biggie", but if you could squeeze that in to your Goat-ing schedule today...

PFF
System Bot
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't do drama.

I will note that in just a few comments here some of you are STILL stuck on the excuse that "They do it, so we do it."

Obviously, I haven't made even a small attitudinal improvement in O/T so...............

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh Willie, would you mind removing or fixing that oversized image?

I'm trying to have an actual discussion here.

No "biggie", but if you could squeeze that in to your Goat-ing schedule today...

I was just trying to give Ray a little crap, but I see you have taken over his job. I fixed it. Nobody lets me have any fun anymore. I blame the Russians.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19461 posts
Member since Mar 2009

I don't do drama.

I will note that in just a few comments here some of you are STILL stuck on the excuse that "They do it, so we do it."

Obviously, I haven't made even a small attitudinal improvement in O/T so...............

You are one of the few consistent voices of reason around here. I hate to see you go.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I was just trying to give Ray a little crap, but I see you have taken over his job. I fixed it. Nobody lets me have any fun anymore. I blame the Russians.

Thanks for fixing up that oversized image. Very wide of you, as an old idiom goes. Or maybe it should be very not wide of you...

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey! Who you callin' a wide old idiot?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are idiots of every type, no group of people is immune.
The thing is if one who is not acting like an idiot leaves, the percentage of idiocy left rises
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are one of the few consistent voices of reason around here. I hate to see you go.

Same to you Willie.

Oh and I did appreciate the OVERSIZED PICTURES.

To be perfectly clear, it wasn't the name calling, it was the DEFENSE of name calling that turned me off. Including a few guys who I thought were smarted than that.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Otherwise we will have to start making fun of cliffw.

Have at it. It won't work.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rinselberg:
That saddens me.
What is it that is achieved when the forum is "culled" so that only particular ideas or perspectives are visible?

Excuse me ? Culled ?
What is it that you are trying to say ? That you lost a zhit slinging contest, that nobody could win, .

Do you need the assurance that when you go to the front page or open any of the threads, that you are guaranteed not to encounter any kind of speech that runs counter to your views?

NO !
I expect it.

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That saddens me.

Odd how that same question doesn't seem to affect your constant diet of MSNBC and the obvious myriad of other leftist propaganda sources you continually regurgitate here.

Go onto any leftist or even left "leaning" forum and try the inverse of the crap you pull here and see how many nanoseconds you last before being "culled".

You know damn well what the political and ideological position is of the majority of participants in this forum.

The fact is you just take psychotic delight in constantly poking your finger in the eye of that majority and then you want to cry and whine about "tolerance".

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-01-2018).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Odd how that same question doesn't seem to affect your constant diet of MSNBC and the obvious myriad of other leftist propaganda sources you continually regurgitate here.

Go onto any leftist or even left "leaning" forum and try the inverse of the crap you pull here and see how many nanoseconds you last before being "culled".

Do you know of any of those forums? I honestly would like to see it.
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Do you know of any of those forums? I honestly would like to see it.

http://www.uspoliticsguide...._Politics_Forums.php

"Democratic Underground" is a real hoot.

Be sure to do a lot of Obama bashing and promoting of President Trump there

Have fun.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-01-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You know damn well what the political and ideological position is of the majority of participants in this forum.

The fact is you just take psychotic delight in constantly poking your finger in the eye of that majority and then you want to cry and whine about "tolerance".

In unambiguously clear, Anglo-Saxon prose, randye has just insisted that Pennock's Off Topic is intended to be, in so far as politics, not a discussion forum, but an Echo Chamber for exactly the thoughts and ideas that he likes, and nothing else.

Remember the way that a formerly active member, avengador1, had a habit of starting so many new topics (threads) in the space of a few hours, that the front page of Off Topic was more than 50% taken up with new avengador1 topics? Like 15 or 20 new avengador1-started topics? Or just 10 or maybe 7, on one of his slow days? And they were all for the purpose of having anti-Obama messages? He tried to inundate the forum with his own thinking, by "occupying" the front page.

His anti-Obama messages were legitimate. The inundation of the forum with so many new topics of the same kind, all in the space of a few hours or a single day, was the offense, and it was finally stopped by feedback from the other members.

Take a look at the front page right now. Think about what you've seen from me, and compare rinselberg to avengador1. Have I done anything like that, ever? Have I done anything like that in recent memory?

It would be interesting--more than just interesting for members who really value Off Topic in their daily routine--if Cliff Pennock would weigh in here, with his thoughts.

If this were an actively moderated forum that actually respected the very first of the Posting Rules--Keep It Civilized--randye would have to start toeing that line, or otherwise be given a time out (suspension) of one full month for the warning to soak in, and then suspended indefinitely if he were to return here and then start up again with this same, long-running, online troll act that he's always putting on here.

The randye cannot tolerate even ONE forum member that doesn't agree with him on politics.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If this were an actively moderated forum....

The FACT is that this forum IS "actively moderated".

You just don't like the way the forum is moderated.

Look at that little colored bar under your username Ronald.

That's a result of that majority here I mentioned that you like to poke in the eye constantly.

That is the moderation.

If you dislike it so much maybe you could start a "beat down" thread against Cliff Pennock and see if that helps you....

...or maybe you could just ship another container of poop from Slovakia to him too.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-02-2018).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think the Off Topic forum would benefit greatly from having an Active Moderator.

How so ?
Who would you appoint as the judge, jury, executioner ?

If this were an actively moderated forum that actually respected the very first of the Posting Rules--Keep It Civilized--randye would have to start toeing that line ...

Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with Rule #1. Allow me to 'silly slap' you upside the back of your head.

Rule #1
It's ok to disagree with someone. Really, it is. But it's not ok to call someone a "toad licking monkey waxer" just because he disagrees.

Who has called you a "toad licking monkey waxer" ?

Perhaps you need a "safe space".

"Civilized". Beauty is skin deep and some people have thin skinned nut sacks.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35921 posts
Member since Jun 2003

"Democratic Underground" is a real hoot.
Be sure to do a lot of Obama bashing and promoting of President Trump there
Have fun.

I am all in. I need a provocative user name. Suggestions ?

Trump46 ?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2018 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That depends on how good your sling-shot is, and how dry and hard the crap pellets are.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by someone:

Go onto any leftist or even left "leaning" forum and try the inverse of the crap you pull here messages you [rinselberg] create here and see how many nanoseconds you last before being "culled."

I speak for myself, not for anyone else, and not for anyone or everyone (or anything in between) who frequents any Leftist or Left Leaning discussion forums.

If members here don't agree with my politics, or frankly, don't like my politics--fine.

But don't try to make me into anything other than one more Pennock's forum member, because that's all I am, in relation to this Off Topic section--and all the other sections. (Just for the record, I have been in the Tech section a few times over the years, and also in the Events section.)
dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look, Squirrel!

[This message has been edited by dennis_6 (edited 03-02-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But don't try to make me into anything other than one more Pennock's forum member, because that's all I am, in relation to this Off Topic section--and all the other sections.

(Just for the record, I have been in the Tech section a few times over the years, and also in the Events section.)

Just STOP IT Ronald.

Nobody is going to let you get away with trying to play the usual leftist "victim" game now.

As far as your "participation" in other sections of this forum, you probably shouldn't be crowing about that too much.

A real quick search shows that you have only made about 30 or so posts anywhere else other than O/T since you arrived here in 2010, so approx. 99.58% of your total activity here over the past 7 YEARS, (7,070 posts), is strictly confined to things having nothing to do with Fieros.

Taking into account that several of your posts in the other sections ALSO didn't have a damn thing to do with Fieros, you're at about 99.99%

It's manifestly clear that you're here for only one reason; to keep poking your finger in the eye of the majority in O/T.

You made yourself what you are here, and you can't even be honest about what you do here.

You did the same thing on OPTIBOARD, a forum for eye care professionals.....which YOU AREN'T

You made a few inane, pointless posts in their General Topics section and then proceeded to make a constant jerk out of yourself in their "off topic" section and THEY TOLD YOU SO.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-02-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That last one will not go unanswered. Especially, the reference that was made to another online discussion forum, which, in its latest incarnation, is called "optiBOARD."

optiBOARD. OptiBoard. OPTIBOARD. Optiboard. optiboard. opTIBoaRd. That should cover all the bases. It's all the same. It derives from "optical [discussion] board."

I will answer in my own time, but it will be sooner, rather than later.

Think of what's coming here as The Optiboard Memo.

Like the Nunes memo of recent fame (or notoriety), it will be brief and to the point.

#ReleaseTheOptiboardMemo

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-02-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2018 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

it will be brief and to the point.

Coming from you Ronald? Never.

Before we all have to suffer through another one of your garbled "War & Peace" sized attempts at pettifogging, let me remind you of your own words regarding your dubious "contributions" to OptiBoard:

Have I ever posted here that I have not been kind of a "player" in an earlier online discussion forum?

When I was active on the OptiBoard forum, did I ever represent myself as having any kind of employment as an Optical or Eyecare provider of any kind?
NO.

That one came to an end for me (and many others) when the owner of it decided to ban all further discussions of a political or contentious nature

By your own admission, there was no further attraction left for you on OptiBoard once you were unable to pollute their off topic section.

So you came here.

You are only here for ONE reason. To be contentious and poke your finger in the eye of the majority.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-03-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
During my association here with Pennock's, I have created online messages or "posts" that are conspicuously long. Some that are just "plain" long. Some of only middling length. And some--many, if truth be told--that are brief and summary by any standard.

I will be shooting for brief and summary. Just enough to reveal how uckingFay upidStay those statements are, about rinselberg and optiBoard, from screen name "randye".

#ReleaseTheOptiboardMemo

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-03-2018).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

During my association here with Pennock's, I have created online messages or "posts" that are conspicuously long. Some that are just "plain" long. Some of only middling length. And some--many, if truth be told--that are summary and brief by any standard.

"brief by any standard"?

You just used 43 words to say what anyone else could say in 7.

(I have posted long, medium and short messages.)

You just can't restrain yourself can you?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-03-2018).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not just what you say. It's also how you say it.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's not just what you say. It's also how you say it.

That's another problem you have......
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
heh.

I doubt there's even a single member left on Pennock's who still wonders why I stopped commenting in O/T.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

heh.

I doubt there's even a single member left on Pennock's who still wonders why I stopped commenting in O/T.

Can't speak for the single guys but this married one is still considering the options.................

Rams

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

heh.

Yeah, ironically, this thread ended up being a perfect example. I was hoping that once Furgie gave up, things would get a little better. I should know better by now.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It occurs to me that maybe we could request a separate forum called "entertainment" for non-political goofiness. Absolutely NO politics allowed and No, none, nada, bupkis, name calling.

Truth is, I think a lot of us would gravitate towards a section that promotes Willie's musical musings, Don's beaver hunts, wild weather pictures, bad jokes, questions about work boots and any other subject that doesn't slide into the LEFT / RIGHT BS.

I know, some will say we can do that in here but really, probably 80-90% of the threads in here end up in some kind of online fight and I'm pretty damn sick of the few a**holes that take over most of the conversations.

Maybe the only way forward is to secede because Rinse is correct, this place is devolving into an echo chamber, just like the coastal enclaves in the real world. Ironic, no?

Maybe that's too much to ask of Cliff, I don't know.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock