Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  I'm More Badazz Then I Even Thought. On A Very Hot Day, I Can Outrun A Horse... (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I'm More Badazz Then I Even Thought. On A Very Hot Day, I Can Outrun A Horse... by Boondawg
Started on: 02-20-2015 09:12 PM
Replies: 182 (3257 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 05-31-2015 09:12 AM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2015 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...in a 26.2 mile marathon, that is.
My secret?
I sweat.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009...th/27well.html?_r=2&

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CharlieHorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CharlieHorseSend a Private Message to CharlieHorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Um. Horses sweat just fine.
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CharlieHorse:

Don't get all lathered up about it.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2015 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CharlieHorse:

Not for 26.2 miles.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You never heard the phrase "Rode hard and put away wet"?
It refers (originally) to putting a horse in the stall while it's still covered in sweat. A horse can trot for hours at a time, but not gallop. I never timed one but I would guess a sustainable trot would be around 6-8 mph.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69653 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Not for 26.2 miles.

Depends on it's gait. Walk, trot, canter, gallop.
Unladen (no rider) I suspect some breeds can trot for 26.2 miles if they are in good health.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69653 posts
Member since Apr 2001
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10302388

The annual Man v Horse race in the heart of the Welsh countryside has been won again by a four-legged entrant.

Sly Dai, ridden by Llinos Mair Jones, from the contest's home village of Llanwrtyd Wells, Powys, triumphed in two hours seven minutes four seconds.

Second, and the first man home over the 22 m (35 km) course, was Haggai Chepkwony, aged 40, a Kenyan living in Clifton, Bristol, in 2:17:27.

Man has won only twice in the 31 years of the race, in 2004 and 2007.

Haggai Chepkwony was first man home, but second overall
The event carried a 1,000 guinea (£1,050) first prize, and it began to try to settle a bar-room argument over which was faster over a long distance.

Now, if you strap a pony to the man's back to make it fair............
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2015 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The scientists in the article I posted said a human can outrun a horse in a 26.2 mile race. :shrug:
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Osage people could run 60 miles in one day.

That was before the booze.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The scientists in the article I posted said a human can outrun a horse in a 26.2 mile race. :shrug:

Is one of them this guy?

Originally posted by Boondawg: I'm More Badazz Then I Even Thought. On A Very Hot Day, I Can Outrun A Horse...

I doubt any of those scientists ever rode a horse, if they did, it wasn't for long. Otherwise, they would know when they dismounted, their pants legs would be covered in salt and sweat, and it wasn't their own.

Pony Express riders used to cover 10-15 miles at a full gallop before turning the mail over to the next relay rider-that's a matter of historical record. If a horse loaded with a rider can cover 1/2 the marathon distance at a full gallop, it's reasonable to assume the horse can then continue the remaining distance to finish line of a marathon in a walk or trot and still finish faster than an un-loaded human can. (IF, the horse is afforded the same hydration protocols a human runner is)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-21-2015).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm More Badazz Then I Even Thought. On A Very Hot Day, I Can Outrun A Horse ... in a 26.2 mile marathon, that is.
Can you even finish a 26.2 mile marathon, ?
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...in a 26.2 mile marathon, that is.
My secret?
I sweat.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009...th/27well.html?_r=2&

If you're talking yourself as an individual, I guess that would depend on your health and the health of the horse.

hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammerSend a Private Message to hammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I work with horses. Big ones.....1600 to 2200 pounds. Belgians or Percherons.They are in fact used to pull carraiges weighing anywhere from 1200 to 2800 pounds depending on the number of riders. The set-up is a two-horse team hitch. They run a scheduled route and must maintain a timed distance of 3.8 miles per hour. They do this for four hours straight per day and there are numerous random stops along the way. That means usually, if they are not stopped for mount/dismount, they are trotting. The math says they trot over fifteen miles per day... and these are draft horses! I believe unemcumbered, they would be good for a few more

A Walker or Trotter breed, not a problem....As far as the sweat thing, I have seen the sweat running from their bellies in a stream that would fill your coffee cup in eight or ten seconds, max.....(but I sure as heck wouldn't want to drink it)......
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2015 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone read the article?
Check their methodology?

Were they lying?

P.S. They didn't say horses don't sweat.
They just said that humans are better at it (regulating body temperature over distance).

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 02-21-2015).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Must have been written by two of these scientists.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Check their methodology?

Were they lying?

They just said that humans are better at it (regulating body temperature over distance).

Read the article? This is way more fun!

Brad
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, "they" were talking about "humans." You were talking about yourself.

"I'm More Badazz..."

"I Can Outrun A Horse..."

"My secret?"

"I sweat."

Granted, no one will ever know what actual thoughts were in your head, but a first-person narrative is one where the author is referring to him or herself.
I would imagine there is "a" horse that "I" could outrun in a marathon, rest breaks included. It would have to be in pretty poor health, though, and lame.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Check their methodology?

Were they lying?

Yes, we read it, as well as the thread title and the opening post. Both infer that horse cools itself by panting instead of sweating.

Boondawg:

I'm More Badazz Then I Even Thought. On A Very Hot Day, I Can Outrun A Horse.....in a 26.2 mile marathon, that is.
My secret?
I sweat.

/\ infers you do something that horses do not.
The article:

But when it comes to long distances, humans can outrun almost any animal. Because we cool by sweating rather than panting, we can stay cool at speeds and distances that would overheat other animals. On a hot day, the two scientists wrote, a human could even outrun a horse in a 26.2-mile marathon.

/\ infers that horses cool themselves by panting and not sweating.

Dogs pant--horses sweat--and they do so profusely, just as humans do under exertion. But, even dogs sweat as well--they just don't have very many sweat glands--cows are the same way. Very few sweat glands/sq inch compared to humans.

Boondawg:

They didn't say horses don't sweat. They just said that humans are better at it (regulating body temperature over distance).

The truth is, compared to a human, a horse is MUCH more adaptive to cooling itself by sweat than a human is. PER sq inch of body surface, he will sweat x2 what you will per sq/inch of surface area. During normal activity, a horse has a normal body temp of 99-100 deg F and does cool himself thru breathing, but once exertion begins and his temperature rises because his normal breathing rythum isn't enough to keep his temp at normal, , a signal is sent from the horse's hypothalamus to his sweat glands and they start working. Humans' hypothalamus does the same thing--it's our natural thermostat.

Just as a marathon runner has to keep himself hydrated during a hot temperature race, the horse would have to as well, taking in fluid to keep electrolytes up.
Now, IF you were to deprive a horse of replacing the lost liquid, he probably would collapse or at least stop running, but the same is true for a human engaged in the same type of physical exertion. If the human runner doesn't replace the liquids lost, he suffers from anhidrosis, and the same happens to horses--it's the inability to sweat. One of the classic signs of an impending "heat stroke"........dry skin on a hot day while working or engaging in sports activities.

It's the inferring that a horse doesn't sweat or doesn't sweat as efficiently that is the misconception. Why the "scientists" came up with the conclusion that horses pant and don't sweat is what makes the claim erroneous.

Does that mean that an average horse, bred and trained for pleasure riding or livestock working can trot or run 26 miles non-stop in just over 4 hours? No, but then too, neither can most people. (4.2 hrs is avg finish time for 26.2 mile marathon)

The real trick of course, would be to make a horse trot for 26.2 miles without a rider. The human racer would do it for the competition, but a horse, with no rider, would have to have a reason, and unless pursued by a predator, they wouldn't bother. If you are going to put a 150 lb rider and 30lbs of saddle and saddle blanket on the horse, you just increased his overall weight by 1/6th (average horse weighs about 1100 lbs) so you would have to do the same for the human runner--for a runner weighing 150 lbs, you would put a 25 lb pack on him to make it an equal contest.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-21-2015).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-22-2015 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Granted, no one will ever know what actual thoughts were in your head, but a first-person narrative is one where the author is referring to him or herself.

You actually believe I was talking about myself?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Totally O/T
Topic: I'm More Badazz Then I Even Thought. On A Very Hot Day, I Can Outrun A Horse...my secret. I sweat.

The article did not type that--you did.
You always chide people for reading words into something you didn't actually type. Now, you want to have it both ways.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-22-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

The real trick of course, would be to make a horse trot for 26.2 miles without a rider. The human racer would do it for the competition, but a horse, with no rider, would have to have a reason, and unless pursued by a predator, they wouldn't bother.

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

chocolate is toxic to them as part of a daily diet or daily treats..

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You actually believe I was talking about myself?

I have no idea. The grammar you used referred to yourself. As I said, what was happening inside your brain when you wrote that first-person post is unknowable to anyone outside your head, but the words you used referred to yourself even if you didn't know it or intend it.

I believe you like to dance around meaning so you can say what you want but never have to accept any responsibility for the things you say.
I believe you like to do this as a form of recreation, a sort of mental masturbation to make yourself feel ever so clever.
I believe I don't give a rat's ass if my beliefs are accurate in your eyes or not.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have no idea. The grammar you used referred to yourself. As I said, what was happening inside your brain when you wrote that first-person post is unknowable to anyone outside your head, but the words you used referred to yourself even if you didn't know it or intend it.

I believe you like to dance around meaning so you can say what you want but never have to accept any responsibility for the things you say.
I believe you like to do this as a form of recreation, a sort of mental masturbation to make yourself feel ever so clever.
I believe I don't give a rat's ass if my beliefs are accurate in your eyes or not.

I (Don York) am confused. When you (Formula88) say "I", are you talking about yourself--or someone else? And I (Don York) assumes "you" means, well, I (Don York) guess --------just anyone?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why all the hatin' towards Boonie?

Can't you save all that venom for the political threads?
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why all the hatin' towards Boonie?

Can't you save all that venom for the political threads?

It's typical Boonie back trackin' at it's best. He does this all the time and gets upset when called on it. Hell I have seen him go back and change a post in a thread after it had died to make it seem better for his outcome. I can't prove it now but I saw it myself and knew then not to fall into one of his word game traps. He will try to win at all cost.

Kevin
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chocolate is toxic to them as part of a daily diet or daily treats..

Interesting that chocolate is toxic to dogs and horses and who knows what else, but for many humans (especially women ) it's something to be savored.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I (Don York) am confused. When you (Formula88) say "I", are you talking about yourself--or someone else? And I (Don York) assumes "you" means, well, I (Don York) guess --------just anyone?

That all depends on what your definition of "is" is.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

It's typical Boonie back trackin' at it's best. He does this all the time and gets upset when called on it... He will try to win at all cost.

Kevin, are you serious? You're suggesting Boonie will feel the need to "back track" in a thread about humans being able over a distance to outrun a horse?

I think everyone needs to go for a walk.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A 26.2 mile walk?

Would you like me to clear the air and point out the real fallacy about the article, with all it's false allegations and 1/2 truths?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Would you like me to clear the air and point out the real fallacy about the article, with all it's false allegations and 1/2 truths?

No Don, that won't be necessary. I had no plans to try racing a horse over that or any other distance.

Besides, there's a lot stated in O/T that I don't care one way or another if it's true.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, you don't have to read it Patrick.

The article is quite clear in it's allegation that a human can outrun a horse on a hot day in a long distance race. For most horses and some humans that, is a true statement.
The explanation (the so-called secret) given in both the article and in the OP of this thread is that the causation of the human being able to outrun the horse is that the human sweats and the horse does not. This can be spun anyway anyone wants to but that is both the intention of the single mention of equines in the article and conclusion presented in the article and.......in the title/opening post of this thread. Both false.

The article clearly alleges the horse is in the same category as dogs and therefore gets rid of excess heat by panting. Duh!! AFAIK, all mammals do this, including humans--with every breath we take and exhale, until we exceed the ability to cool ourselves in this manner. Once we do exceed that ability, we sweat. So do horses, and just about every other mammal as well--some better than others. Who does it more efficiently? We'll get to that in a moment. The statement is only that horses pant and humans sweat.

It's a patently false statement as so many people here have stated. There's no "secret" involved--Horses do in fact sweat, and they sweat a lot. According to FEI-licensed equine veterinarian Duncan Peters, DVM, MS at Hagyard Equine Medical Institute in Lexington, Ky:
The harder the horse works (or the hotter the weather), the more he sweats. He can produce more than twice as much sweat as you can per square inch of skin

So, we have established that a horse sweats. Why?
The good doctor also says:
Circulating blood absorbs heat from the muscles and carries it off to the lungs, where some of the heat dissipates when the horse exhales, and to the skin, where heat can radiate out from the horse's body.

If the horse produces more heat than he can unload through breathing and radiant cooling, his core temperature begins to rise from its normal resting temperature (99-100 F).

A part of the horse's brain called the hypothalamus (which, along with many other jobs, acts as his central thermostat) senses the increase. It sends signals rushing out to sweat glands distributed in his skin.

The sweat glands begin to pump out sweat. It's mostly water, but it also contains dissolved minerals called electrolytes. A horse's sweat has a higher concentration of electrolytes than yours.

As the sweat evaporates, it carries heat away from the skin, reducing the horse's body temperature.

Now, we've established that a horse both sweats and does so twice as much and twice as efficiently as a human for every sq inch of skin surface area.
Why does it do this? Why does it need to be more efficient?
Because it has twice as many muscles working--that extra set of legs back there. More muscles working means it burns more energy and has more heat to get rid of. (and of course, that they have evolved and been bred to be able to carry a heavy load on their back)

They are x2 in their ability to be able to sweat as a human--even if a human were the same physical size as a horse.

So why did I say that A human can outrun a horse on a hot day in a long distance race. For most horses and some humans that, is a true statement?

Because it is this great efficiency at sweating that causes a problem for the horse. Sweat is more than just water--as the doc said. Because the horse sweats out x2 as much as a human, he also loses MORE than x2 the minerals, salts and electrolytes as a human does. Why more than x2? Because every oz of horse sweat contains more electrolytes than an oz of human sweat does--so sayeth the equine expert and he should know. Anyone who has ever become dehydrated knows what a loss of electrolytes and essential minerals does to you, and you better re-hydrate quickly or you will collapse. The same is true for the horse--he just sweated out a crap load of both in the first 5-10 miles and will have to be re-hydrated before the human needs it--not because he is less efficient at sweating, but because he is MORE efficient at sweating.
"Most horses".. Most horses today are like most humans. Over weight, fat, under conditioned, under muscled, under exercised, fed the cheapest feed available and not nearly the right mix of mineral supplement, and not trained for long distance running any more. Equines used to excel at long distances, but not any more, and it's our fault. We tend to breed horses for large frame. There are still a couple of small frame horses around--like the paints and some Asian horses but the ones in this country, everyone wants a big tall horse. Take a good horse tho, in good condition, leave his saddle off, put a lead rope on him and take off on a marathon leading him, and for all but the professional runners, the will follow right along behind you at a trot as long as you keep him hydrated just as you do yourself (with electrolytes-not just water) and he will be able to outrun you in that last 1/2 mile to the finish line.
A horse would have no problem keeping up with me and would wax my butt at the finish line if I slapped him on the butt at the 22 mile mark.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-22-2015).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grammar Nazi's

None of you ever make a grammatical error or even a spelling error?

Steve
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kevin, are you serious? You're suggesting Boonie will feel the need to "back track" in a thread about humans being able over a distance to outrun a horse?

I think everyone needs to go for a walk.

Dead serious. He set himself up, now fighting to say he didn't say what he just said. Not the first time.

Formula88 pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Kevin
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-22-2015 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hell I have seen him go back and change a post in a thread after it had died to make it seem better for his outcome. I can't prove it now but I saw it myself...
Kevin

That is an outright lie.

and knew then not to fall into one of his word game traps.

I don't set no traps in threads.
Others come into my threads and make them more than was intended.
This thread is a prime example.

Anyone with any sense can see that I was only expounding on what the scientist said.
That a human (P.S. I am one) can out-run a horse on a hot day.
They did not actually stipulate WHICH human, WHAT kind of horse, or how HOT a day it would have to be.
And they did not mention ME by name.

And yet some here actually believe I was saying I personally can out-run a horse on a hot day?
I don't buy it.
Anyone that knows me and still can not see the "tounge-in-cheek" aspect of my title is....confused, at best.
But more likely just an instigator.

Either way, you will never convince me that there is a single person here who believes that I was actually saying I could out-run a horse.
I was just playing off the fact that the scientists said I (being a human) could.

Some of you need to find something beside me to displace your distain on.
It's really not that hard to just avoid me.

Unless you're just feeding your ego, and im an easy meal......in that case, feed on the scientists (that you never have to actually confront) that wrote the article, and not the guy who tried to make a joke out of it (I'm a 55 year old fat man who can barely walk, let alone race.....a horse).

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 02-22-2015).]

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting that chocolate is toxic to dogs and horses and who knows what else, but for many humans (especially women ) it's something to be savored.

Women must be toxic to our health then?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, but can you outrun a kite-surfing horse launched from a submarine while listening to strip club music?
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is an outright lie.

No, no it's not. I can't prove it due to not saving the post you deleted then modified to change the direction of the thread at that time. You will either deny it, or conveniently forgot that you did. Doesn't matter to me. I saw it and that is good enough for me.

Used to like your post, but not so much in the last few years.
Sure Cliff loves the waste of bandwith of your constant posting of crap starting thread, after thread, after thread, after thread, after thread,......

Kevin
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2015 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lambo nut

4442 posts
Member since Sep 2003

And they did not mention ME by name.

You are the one that said "I", "I", "I", "MY".
Just don't get it do you?

Kevin
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-22-2015 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sure Cliff loves the waste of bandwith of your constant posting of crap starting thread, after thread, after thread, after thread, after thread,......

Kevin

Really?
I'll ask.

P.M. sent.
I'll let you know.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 02-22-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: