Custom AC Hoses by 2002z28ssconv
Started on: 07-15-2014 10:24 PM
Replies: 185 (12822 views)
Last post by: 2002z28ssconv on 02-16-2024 03:17 PM
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2020 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
IP: Logged
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2020 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. Are these still available?
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2020 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep - PM sent
FastCassius

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2020 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastCassiusSend a Private Message to FastCassiusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am also interested in purchasing these lines if they are still available.
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2020 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hit me up please as id like one !

Boz
FastCassius

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2020 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastCassiusSend a Private Message to FastCassiusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these still available? I am interested in purchasing this. Thank you.
Doghouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2020 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DoghouseSend a Private Message to DoghouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought a 87 2m4 I need an AC hose are they still available? I found two 6 cyl hoses but no 4 cyl in my area.

------------------
Doghouse

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2020 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2020 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doghouse:

I just bought a 87 2m4 I need an AC hose are they still available? I found two 6 cyl hoses but no 4 cyl in my area.

Yes I can probably help you out with an original line.
Responded to your private message too
Doghouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2020 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DoghouseSend a Private Message to DoghouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

------------------
Doghouse

Doghouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2020 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DoghouseSend a Private Message to DoghouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

------------------
Doghouse

PFF
System Bot
Doghouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2020 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DoghouseSend a Private Message to DoghouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent

------------------
Doghouse

Doghouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2020 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DoghouseSend a Private Message to DoghouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`m going to try to get a response one more time. I sent you the two hoses I was trading for the one hose you had that would fit my car. You received and signed for the hoses on 09-11-20. at 3:18 pm. I have left multiple private messages with no response. It has been 10 days since you received my hoses.

------------------
Doghouse

Doghouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2020 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DoghouseSend a Private Message to DoghouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still no response but my hose finally arrived in good condition.

------------------
Doghouse

Crymson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2021 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrymsonSend a Private Message to CrymsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still being made? Sent a PM with some questions. Looking for a full set for my 3800 conversion, with switch port.
coolink13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2021 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coolink13Send a Private Message to coolink13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be buying a tool and doing it myself. That way I don't have to wait for a response or deal with poor communication. Probably save a little money too.
Crymson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2021 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrymsonSend a Private Message to CrymsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a wonderful alternative if you have all the parts, which I don't. I don't mind paying, and I can deal with spotty communication, all I really need is an agreement to do it.
Crymson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2021 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrymsonSend a Private Message to CrymsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have some alternative contact information for the maker of these hoses? He isn't checking messages here or on Facebook.
Flynnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2021 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlynnieSend a Private Message to FlynnieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. Has anyone had contact with him recently?
87fiero2017

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2022 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87fiero2017Send a Private Message to 87fiero2017Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've tried to pm but no response
sdgdf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2023 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sdgdfSend a Private Message to sdgdfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These still available?
PFF
System Bot
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2023 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know Chuck made these for years. But I think he's been out of fieros for a while.

I've been making these for about a year now for anyone else interested.

See my post here.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...079990.html#lastpost

I can delete this if chuck starts making them again.
I promise, I'm not making a living building them. But I enjoy filling a need for the community

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

sharpblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2023 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sharpbladeSend a Private Message to sharpbladeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2002Z28S,

Are you still making high pressure discharge hoses for the 84 Fiero, if so, I would like to place an order.
Sharp blade
1986OriginalGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2024 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986OriginalGTSend a Private Message to 1986OriginalGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

Now that my vacation is over and I have sourced the parts needed, I am ready to make a batch of custom AC lines for running the 3800 Series 2 or 3 AC compressor in the Fiero.

If you send your Fiero hoses and 3800 hoses there will be no core charge. If I have to furnish the Fiero or 3800 aluminum sections there will be a core charge to cover that cost.
If you just want basic hoses that connect the compressor to the rest of the Fiero AC system, the price will be $85 (plus applicable core) shipped in the continental USA.

Send me your aluminum sections. I'll crimp new rubber between them and send them back.

*** 9/27/15 Edit *** Changing the way I do this just a bit...
1) I am now pre-building these, that way when I get an order I can ship the same or next day. I have so many things going on right now that I can't stop everything to work on AC hoses at a moment's notice. Some people have had to wait for me to get a chance to build/send their hoses over the past year. Everyone was patient and nobody really complained but in order to send your set without delay, I'm prebuilding them now and just refunding the core charge when yours come in. Unless you specifically say so, you won't be getting back the exact cores you send me.

2) Regular PayPal fees are 2.9% + $0.30: On $175, they take out over $5.50. If you consider me to be "a friend" you can send it without a fee, otherwise these are the different payment amounts.

Set of hoses with switch port, including core charge for both ends: $180. (125+20+30+5)
(This is what you will pay if I haven't received your cores yet.)
Set of hoses with switch port, including core charge for Fiero end: $160. (125+30+5)
Set of hoses with switch port, including core charge for 3800 end: $150. (125+20+5)
Set of hoses with switch port, with no core charge: $129. (125+4)

Set of hoses without switch port, including core charge for both ends: $139. (85+20+30+4)
Set of hoses without switch port, including core charge for Fiero end: $119. (85+30+4)
Set of hoses without switch port, including core charge for 3800 end: $108. (85+20+3)
Set of hoses without switch port, with no core charge: $88. (85+3)

As always, checks, money orders and such are still an option.

This is the way the old school swaps were done. The AC will function but not at peak efficiency. Running the compressor under this condition can cause compressor failure. The pressure switch on the accumulator/dryer will turn the compressor off if the pressure builds too high or drops too low but this is a safety switch and the operating range of the switch is higher and lower than what the system is designed to work in on a daily basis. Does this method work? Yes. Is it the best way? No. Did people run with this setup for many years? Yes. Some people who swap 3800s into other peoples' cars still do it this way today.

Over the past few years people have started wiring in the 3800's pressure sensor from the high side of the system. It is wired to the 3800 PCM and the PCM turns the compressor on and off for peak efficiency.
I will also be offering custom hoses that will include a port incorporated into the High-side hose. The original pressure sensor screws onto the port and seals with an O-ring just like the 3800 did from the factory. The price for this version will be $125 (plus applicable core) shipped in the continental USA.

The core charge for the 3800 line will be $20.
The core charge for the 85-88 Fiero line will be $30.
8/25/14 Update -
The new fittings have finally arrived.

I can now supply these too.

If you have factory hoses that just need new rubber, I can do that for $85 shipped in the continental USA.
When I priced this out before buying the crimper, NAPA would have charged ~$120 just for 2 hoses and 4 crimps.

All prices include shipping to the continental USA. Other locations can contact me for personalized quote.

Basic Fiero 3800 AC hoses - $85
Enhanced Fiero 3800 AC hoses - $125
Core charge for Fiero AC hose end - $30
Core charge for 3800 AC hose end - $20
Refurbished Fiero hoses - $85

Please post or PM if you'd like a set and say which kind you want.

<<<DISCLAIMER>>> Before you work on your AC system, please do your research and educate yourself on how to finish the job in a safe manner, in a way that will last for the long term.

Replace your expansion valve inside the orifice tube. They're available for about a dollar at any auto parts store. Anyone who works on their AC without replacing the expansion valve is wasting time and money.

If you are changing from R-12 to R-134 or if you have any reason to believe that the system has been contaminated, the dryer accumulator should be replaced prior to recharging the system.

If you have any reason to believe that the system has been contaminated, flush all components that aren't being replaced.

By selling these hoses, I'm just supplying a piece of the puzzle. Anybody that modifies a car from factory configuration by putting in an engine from another car, already has to assume responsibility for when things don't work like they did from the factory. By offering the enhanced version people have the option to incorporate the 3800's sensor into the system and let the PCM control the compressor.

I'm also working on a design to add switching into the AC line by the frame rail that will serve as a cycling switch, giving those without the PCM wiring built into their harness, the ability to cycle the compressor at lower pressures.

1986OriginalGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2024 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986OriginalGTSend a Private Message to 1986OriginalGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1986OriginalGT

2 posts
Member since May 2014
Do you have the hose assembly for a 86 GT?
Paul

]Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

Now that my vacation is over and I have sourced the parts needed, I am ready to make a batch of custom AC lines for running the 3800 Series 2 or 3 AC compressor in the Fiero.

If you send your Fiero hoses and 3800 hoses there will be no core charge. If I have to furnish the Fiero or 3800 aluminum sections there will be a core charge to cover that cost.
If you just want basic hoses that connect the compressor to the rest of the Fiero AC system, the price will be $85 (plus applicable core) shipped in the continental USA.

Send me your aluminum sections. I'll crimp new rubber between them and send them back.

*** 9/27/15 Edit *** Changing the way I do this just a bit...
1) I am now pre-building these, that way when I get an order I can ship the same or next day. I have so many things going on right now that I can't stop everything to work on AC hoses at a moment's notice. Some people have had to wait for me to get a chance to build/send their hoses over the past year. Everyone was patient and nobody really complained but in order to send your set without delay, I'm prebuilding them now and just refunding the core charge when yours come in. Unless you specifically say so, you won't be getting back the exact cores you send me.

2) Regular PayPal fees are 2.9% + $0.30: On $175, they take out over $5.50. If you consider me to be "a friend" you can send it without a fee, otherwise these are the different payment amounts.

Set of hoses with switch port, including core charge for both ends: $180. (125+20+30+5)
(This is what you will pay if I haven't received your cores yet.)
Set of hoses with switch port, including core charge for Fiero end: $160. (125+30+5)
Set of hoses with switch port, including core charge for 3800 end: $150. (125+20+5)
Set of hoses with switch port, with no core charge: $129. (125+4)

Set of hoses without switch port, including core charge for both ends: $139. (85+20+30+4)
Set of hoses without switch port, including core charge for Fiero end: $119. (85+30+4)
Set of hoses without switch port, including core charge for 3800 end: $108. (85+20+3)
Set of hoses without switch port, with no core charge: $88. (85+3)

As always, checks, money orders and such are still an option.

This is the way the old school swaps were done. The AC will function but not at peak efficiency. Running the compressor under this condition can cause compressor failure. The pressure switch on the accumulator/dryer will turn the compressor off if the pressure builds too high or drops too low but this is a safety switch and the operating range of the switch is higher and lower than what the system is designed to work in on a daily basis. Does this method work? Yes. Is it the best way? No. Did people run with this setup for many years? Yes. Some people who swap 3800s into other peoples' cars still do it this way today.

Over the past few years people have started wiring in the 3800's pressure sensor from the high side of the system. It is wired to the 3800 PCM and the PCM turns the compressor on and off for peak efficiency.
I will also be offering custom hoses that will include a port incorporated into the High-side hose. The original pressure sensor screws onto the port and seals with an O-ring just like the 3800 did from the factory. The price for this version will be $125 (plus applicable core) shipped in the continental USA.

The core charge for the 3800 line will be $20.
The core charge for the 85-88 Fiero line will be $30.
8/25/14 Update -
The new fittings have finally arrived.

I can now supply these too.

If you have factory hoses that just need new rubber, I can do that for $85 shipped in the continental USA.
When I priced this out before buying the crimper, NAPA would have charged ~$120 just for 2 hoses and 4 crimps.

All prices include shipping to the continental USA. Other locations can contact me for personalized quote.

Basic Fiero 3800 AC hoses - $85
Enhanced Fiero 3800 AC hoses - $125
Core charge for Fiero AC hose end - $30
Core charge for 3800 AC hose end - $20
Refurbished Fiero hoses - $85

Please post or PM if you'd like a set and say which kind you want.

<<<DISCLAIMER>>> Before you work on your AC system, please do your research and educate yourself on how to finish the job in a safe manner, in a way that will last for the long term.

Replace your expansion valve inside the orifice tube. They're available for about a dollar at any auto parts store. Anyone who works on their AC without replacing the expansion valve is wasting time and money.

If you are changing from R-12 to R-134 or if you have any reason to believe that the system has been contaminated, the dryer accumulator should be replaced prior to recharging the system.

If you have any reason to believe that the system has been contaminated, flush all components that aren't being replaced.

By selling these hoses, I'm just supplying a piece of the puzzle. Anybody that modifies a car from factory configuration by putting in an engine from another car, already has to assume responsibility for when things don't work like they did from the factory. By offering the enhanced version people have the option to incorporate the 3800's sensor into the system and let the PCM control the compressor.

I'm also working on a design to add switching into the AC line by the frame rail that will serve as a cycling switch, giving those without the PCM wiring built into their harness, the ability to cycle the compressor at lower pressures.

[/QUOTE]

2002z28ssconv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2024 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My apologies, I do not.

For the 3800 folks,
I designed aluminum adapters for the Fiero side and the 3800 compressor side so that we wouldn't need to recycle old junk.
For "reasons" (I hate people) I decided to only sell these through a business, not personally.
I did start up the business.

I had a batch of the aluminum adapters custom milled out of aluminum.
I never was able to get a set installed to test them out...
Then life got too busy and I officially dissolved said business last year.
And there the 3800 AC Hose Adapters sit... in a box on the shelf.

But as for original style hoses, I don't have any more that I'm aware of.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock