Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
   [For Sale] High Quality Fiero Reproduction Stickers! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
[For Sale] High Quality Fiero Reproduction Stickers! by JohnWPB
Started on: 09-08-2013 05:58 PM
Replies: 154 (7724 views)
Last post by: Cokeologist on 08-06-2022 06:22 AM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working on reproduction stickers for the Fiero since around February of 2010 after gauging interest in them in THIS THREAD. I am happy to say that they are finally ready! I have done so much research, and tested & tried a ton of different types of printers, materials, laminates, vinyl's, plastic sheeting, card-stock and techniques. I have also spent many, MANY hours meticulously re-creating each of the stickers in Photoshop. The stickers are not just scans or photos of the original stickers, but complete recreations, from scratch. I scanned the original stickers at 1200 DPI and used them as a background layer in Photoshop. I then recreated the diagrams and fonts to align perfectly over the top of the original. There are over 17 different fonts used on the Fiero's stickers! The end result is a sticker, that is an exact copy of the original in every way, and of the highest resolution. This process has been very time consuming. Just creating the 88 emissions sticker took a total of 12 hours to complete, and is comprised of over 100 layers in Photo Shop.

One of the advantages of doing the stickers in layers, is that they can be customized. If you have different wheels / tires on your car, I can put the correct information on the door sticker to reflect your cars changes.

You can see the individual stickers, as well as purchase them at FieroStuff.com

You will not get just a sheet of vinyl with images on it... You will receive all of the stickers that have been precision cut on an electronic dye cutting machine. When you receive them, they are ready to peel and stick. [/b]

I am offering the entire set of stickers for $30 (including the jacking instructions), or just the jacking instructions sheet by itself for $10.

I got a PM from someone yesterday asking about the size of the jacking instructions sheet. They had ordered one in the past from another member that used to sell them quite some time ago. When he went to install it, it was too large to fit, and a lot of trimming had to be done. The one I have recreated, is the same size as the original stock one. I have one installed on my car, and it fit perfectly in the allocated space under the front hood. There are 2 variations of this sticker, one for the old style 1984 jack, and the one for all newer Fiero's. You will receive the correct one with your order, depending on the year of your Fiero.
Here is a video showing how the stickers are being precision cut to be as exact as possible to the originals:

I specifically purchased a business quality Color Laser printer with a inline feeding slot to handle the polyester material. I then print the images onto that weatherproof polyester film. Print is a word I use loosely, as a the Laser printer actually heat transfers the toner onto the sheet fusing it permanently to the polyester. Finally, a very thin laminate film is applied over the top to provide protection to the sticker, as well as "thicken the sticker" to give the same look and feel & thickness as the factory originals.

I know another person has started selling stickers just recently here on the forum. They were unaware that I had been working on recreating the stickers myself till just a few days before they started selling them. I am not intending to "step on anyone's toes" so to speak, but I have been working on these far longer, and I just have far too much time and money invested in this to just throw all of that time and money away.

Another member on the forum purchased a sticker sheet from the other vendor here on the forum, and was kind enough to let me scan it, and send it to me, to make a legitimate comparison between the stickers he offers, and the ones that I have made:

Here are some completed stickers, all ready to ship:

You can see all of the individual stickers I offer, as well as being able to purchase them at FieroStuff.com

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-20-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

He and I are also offering 2 different ways that the stickers are produced. Where I have recreated the stickers in Photoshop, they are just that, recreations. The other user has photocopied the original stickers, thus making absolutely they are 100% authentic in every way. It is up to the purchaser to decide which type they would like to have on their car.

Mine are not photocopied and I like the way you slammed me on your website. but nice to see your the same on price

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 09-08-2013).]

fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look pretty good from here.

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 09-08-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:
Mine are not photocopied and I like the way you slammed me on your website. but nice to see your the same on price

It was not my intent to "slam" anyone. I have provided a side by side comparison of the different stickers, and even mentioned that yours are more authentic as they are photo copied. That is my mistake and I am sorry for that. That is just the way they appeared to me. Are they reproduced from Photographs then? Either way, I made a mistake, and again apologize for that and will remove that they were photocopied.

Actually I am asking $30 for the set of stickers, I thought you were asking $35?

Thinking about it further, if you do indeed feel "slammed" by me showing your stickers and mine side-by-side, it is more than likely you see the quality difference yourself. If they were the same, I do not think you would feel "slammed"

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:
It always sucks when someone tries to steal someones ideas and then be a douche by bashing the originator of the product
that is already been around before hand.

Wow, I was not trying to start some forum war here, or any ill feelings. I figured there was room for 2 people selling something to the Fiero Community. Especially when I started the project first.

Ok....... This is not something I was going to bring up, and wanted to leave well enough alone, and not complain that someone else got the idea to make the stickers from me.... I was like so be it, the more vendors the merrier! But now I guess that full disclosure is in order:

I have been working on these stickers for a little over 6 months now designing each and every one of them individual in Photoshop. Just ONE of the Emission stickers takes about 10 hours to complete. I also have have spent about $600 so far, to purchase a Business Color Laser Jet printer purchased JUST to print the stickers correctly FieroThomas mentioned his stickers just 3 weeks ago in the general forum, (Where I PM'd him to let him know I had been working on them for months, I explained the the money and time I have involved, and that I was just about ready to start selling them. His reply? He offered to buy the one sticker from me that he had not yet photocopied, so he could add it to his set to sell! I told him I had worked to long and hard on this project, and declined the "offer". His stickers went to the mall 1 week later. So in this case, I do not feel like I have "stolen someones Else's ideas"

You can check my build thread, starting around December, 2012 where I am talking about working on the reproduction stickers, and photo's throughout the thread from that day forward as they progressed.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-09-2019).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Just showing how I at least have done my best to avoid stepping on anyone else's toes, and being courteous and mindful to someone else's hard work:

I remembered that someone in the past was recreating the jacking instructions sheet under the hood. I dug through my old emails, and found the one from Charlie on 11-03-2012 that I was looking for. Charlie was manufacturing the jacking instructions sheet in the past. I told him about my intent to reproduce the jacking procedures sticker, He said he no longer makes them, and gave me his blessing to go ahead and make them.

He said:

I've given permission to reproduce the jacking instruction decals for anyone who requests them.

Of course I did not technically need his permission, and could have just ignored that he spent time and money making them. I contacted him to ask basically as a courtesy on my part, as well as it seemed like the right thing to do.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 10-23-2013).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check your spelling.

Somehow you both made the exact same spelling errors on the exact same stickers.

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 09-09-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Somehow you both made the exact same spelling errors on the exact same stickers.

Thank you for the heads up! It has been fixed.

EDIT: I just re-read your message, and thought the same typo on both of my stickers is what you meant. I went and looked at FieroThomas's and now see what you meant. That really is crazy that he had the exact spelling error, on the exact same sticker.

Editing my sticker in PhotoShop:

My original Typo:

Fiero Thomas's sticker sheet:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 10-23-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, all the ones that have ordered the stickers and paid shipped out this morning. Thanks, and let me know what you think when you get them!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for your rpo list:

4t65eHD - MN7
seriesII s/c 3800 - L67
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

for your rpo list:

4t65eHD - MN7
seriesII s/c 3800 - L67

I added them to the list on the site, thanks! I also got your sticker sheets order, and will get them out to you on Monday morning first thing.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2013 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Orders are all up to date, printed, laminated and cut, ready to ship!

I will ship them out tomorrow morning, Jeff an 88 & 86 set, Jimmy an 86 set. All 3 with the jacking instructions sticker.

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a note:

For anyone that orders a set of stickers, the shipping will be delayed a few days. I am leaving to drive to Paris Island, South Carolina in the morning. My nephew is graduating from boot camp, and becoming a United States Marine. (I could not be more proud.... even thought I was in the U.S. Army ) His graduation is on Thursday, and I will be returning Saturday evening, and will catch up with orders, and ship them out on Monday.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-18-2013).]

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you for the heads up! It has been fixed.

EDIT: I just re-read your message, and thought the same typo on both of my stickers is what you meant. I went and looked at FieroThomas's and now see what you meant. That really is a HUGE coincidence that he had the exact spelling error, on the exact same sticker. very strange indeed.........

Editing my sticker in PhotoShop:

My original Typo:

Fiero Thomas's sticker sheet:

Go Head and slam me some more. Now how the hell would I have received your stickers to copy them myself. NOW YOU ARE PISSING ME OFF!!!! Thanks for still slamming me on your website. One thing I have NEVER done is slam somebody to sell my stuff. I worked hard for years producing visors and spare tire covers to name a few items. There was another person on here as well that started selling there items after I was doing them for a long while. Did I complain like you are NO! did I slam them like you are NO! I have never talked about you or them in a NEGITIVE way NO! I was turned in by a member here that I still will not releases there name. I had to take down alot of info that I had scanned in for the fieronews site that I thought should be free for all. I took that on for the community and did I ***** and yell NO! Did I complain or start as flame with them NO! I remained professional and positive throughout these times and let my work do the talking so with that in mind can you please move on and sell your stuff and leave me out of this. If you feel that you need to be negative to me to sell your items then wow you have a problem.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 09-18-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Go Head and slam me some more. Now how the hell would I have received your stickers to copy them myself. NOW YOU ARE PISSING ME OFF!!!! Thanks for still slamming me on your website.

Wow, would you please stop saying that I am "slamming " you, it is childish! It is a product comparison, Plain & simple, nothing more, nothing less. It appears that you that are the one trying to make this personal! Have a look around, the Internet if full of product comparisons, it lets the end user make their own informed decision! Closer to home, you will find many comparisons of Armida's products compared to Fiero Fiberglass, and how some people like one more than the other and visa-versa. I presented a 100% legitimate comparison of two products, showing photos of each, and just let people make their own decision. If you want to put a photo comparison of my reproduction stickers and yours in your thread, please feel free to do so I would not be offended in ANY way, and certainly would not feel "slammed".

I worked hard for years producing visors and spare tire covers to name a few items.

As you know, I know this very well. I purchased arm rests recovered by you, as well as my shifter boot, and my E-brake boot. And was going to order sun visors from you as well, but now you are no longer doing upholstery work . The craftsmanship on all of the items I received from you, is some of the best I have ever seen, top notch work. The stitching exact, as well as the materials used. I +1's you, (and have never retracted that by the way) as well as adding good feedback in MANY different threads, to include my build thread, to increase your feedback score. I posted how happy I was about what I received in your threads a few times, and suggested if anyone needed any of these items that they could not go wrong by ordering them from you.

I honestly was a bit surprised when you were just talking about doing the stickers, way before you had even made them, or made them available. I contacted you and I told you that I had been working on reproducing all of the Fiero stickers for months, and had many hours and around $600 invested in this. I told you in about a week or two, I would have mine ready for sale. Your reply was simply that you wanted to buy the one sticker, the jacking sticker, from me that you had not copied yet. You told me you wanted mine, so you could sell it as part of your sticker set. it was 6 days later that you put your stickers in the mall.

Even with all of that, I still said NOTHING about any of this taking place when I posted my stickers for sale a few days later. That is until the first reply in this thread, right after your nasty one, accused me of being a "schmuck" and stealing your idea! LOL! It was only then that I mentioned anything at all about your stickers in any way.

As for the spelling error, as I mentioned above in my post, it is a coincidence. I never mentioned anything further that that. You do have to admit that is a crazy coincidence, to have the exact same 2 letters reversed, on the exact same sticker! What are the odds?

I will say nothing further of any of this, and just ask that you stop continually posting and whining that I am "slamming you", by my simply posting a legitimate product comparison.

Keep in mind, I have not once went into your sales thread, and posted so negatively as you have done here in my thread, TWICE, starting with the very first reply.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-09-2019).]

j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Am curious if you have available wheel center cap fiero logo decal?
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Orders are all up to date, printed, laminated and cut, ready to ship!

I will ship them out tomorrow morning, Jeff an 88 & 86 set, Jimmy an 86 set. All 3 with the jacking instructions sticker.

Got them. Look great.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two more sets in the mail today, as well as I received another shipment of materials & supplies.

I am currently working on the 1987 2.5 emissions sticker. A forum member was nice enough to provide me with a high quality scan of it, so I can recreate it. I should have it completed this week some time, and ready to sell.

I also am looking into a "belt routing sticker" that someone asked me about. There is another thread discussing that sticker.. If I can get a nice high resolution photo or scan, I will be reproducing that sticker as well.

stefanosg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stefanosgClick Here to visit stefanosg's HomePageSend a Private Message to stefanosgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Two more sets in the mail today, as well as I received another shipment of materials & supplies.

I am currently working on the 1987 2.5 emissions sticker. A forum member was nice enough to provide me with a high quality scan of it, so I can recreate it. I should have it completed this week some time, and ready to sell.

I also am looking into a "belt routing sticker" that someone asked me about. There is another thread discussing that sticker.. If I can get a nice high resolution photo or scan, I will be reproducing that sticker as well.

I have one on my car that's perfect. Trying to get it off the backing doesn't want to come. I'll try a blow dryer and see if it'll come.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't tear up your sticker just to scan it for me! If however you do, I will replace it with a new reproduced one. If you can just get a high resolution photo, taken as dead on as possible, I can work with that. By dead on, I mean close up, and not from an angle. Also, what year, style and engine do you have?
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any chance on making custom emissions stickers for motor swaps? i think it would be cool to have one made for my 3800sc w/ deleted emissions junk that I did not use. Also, a custom belt sticker would be nice also. As mentioned before, wheel center stickers would be cool too...
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

any chance on making custom emissions stickers for motor swaps? i think it would be cool to have one made for my 3800sc w/ deleted emissions junk that I did not use. Also, a custom belt sticker would be nice also. As mentioned before, wheel center stickers would be cool too...

I am willing to make "generic / common" stickers such as belt routing for the V6's, as that could be used on MANY cars. Custom stickers, probably not so much. It takes many hours to make the stickers, and it's just not cost effective for me to do custom ones that I may sell one or two of.

I do not foresee making any transparent stickers like this in the near future. A vinyl cutter is far more suitable for making this type of sticker, as it can cut out JUST the logo area, and not leave surrounding material when it is applied.

PFF
System Bot
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am willing to make "generic / common" stickers such as belt routing for the V6's, as that could be used on MANY cars. Custom stickers, probably not so much. It takes many hours to make the stickers, and it's just not cost effective for me to do custom ones that I may sell one or two of.

I do not foresee making any transparent stickers like this in the near future. A vinyl cutter is far more suitable for making this type of sticker, as it can cut out JUST the logo area, and not leave surrounding material when it is applied.

No problem, just thought I would ask. Kinda figured it would not be worth it. But then again, you did say it was a matter for adding or removing a layer in the image. And with the number of 3800 conversions out there, I sure it wouldn't be a one-off job. Basically (like I know) take a stock 3800 emissions sticker and make each aspect of the system a layer, so if someone is not running the EGR, you just remove that layer...

Either way, im prolly in for a set as I need the jack & pro decal anyway...
stefanosg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stefanosgClick Here to visit stefanosg's HomePageSend a Private Message to stefanosgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't tear up your sticker just to scan it for me! If however you do, I will replace it with a new reproduced one. If you can just get a high resolution photo, taken as dead on as possible, I can work with that. By dead on, I mean close up, and not from an angle. Also, what year, style and engine do you have?

'88 L4 . I'll PM you with a link for photos. Its pretty reflective, so I hope these are something you can work with. Worst comes to worst, I'll break out the bipod and try a few.

[This message has been edited by stefanosg (edited 10-23-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the pictures, Thank you! I will get to work and see about recreating it!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
stefanosg was kind enough to get some good photo's for me to work from. So, I worked on the belt diagram for the past 2 evenings, and it's pretty much done. I just have to get the exact measurements of the original sticker, so I can scale it to print the exact same size. stefanosg ?

Here is the best photo that he sent, that I worked from:

Even after cleaning up the image, adjusting the image in photoshop with contrast, curves and such, it is clearly visible in this blown up section why you cant just take a picture, and hope to use it for the final product. It just ends up looking like one of the comparison photos from the other person that I posted above

And then the same enlarged section above, now that it has been recreated:

Here is the completed image, completely reconstructed in Photoshop:
(Note this is a low resolution image to post to the forum, the original is 5000 pixels wide at 1000 dpi)

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 05-25-2019).]

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, just curious if you still need any pictures from an 84.

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 10-25-2013).]

stefanosg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stefanosgClick Here to visit stefanosg's HomePageSend a Private Message to stefanosgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that came out good. The label is 6cm wide x 7cm high.

[This message has been edited by stefanosg (edited 10-25-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stefanosg:
Wow that came out good. The label is 6cm wide x 7cm high.

With your help it did. Thanks, I really appreciate the pictures you sent, they were perfect!

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:
Hey, just curious if you still need any pictures from an 84.

Hey Andrew! Yea, I sure do I need a HIGH quality picture, or better yet, a scan of the emissions sticker. I already have one for the 87 2.5, and not sure how much it differs from the 84, if at all.
Also, does your 84 have the belt routing diagram in the last post? If so, is it EXACTLY the same?

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 10-25-2013).]

stefanosg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stefanosgClick Here to visit stefanosg's HomePageSend a Private Message to stefanosgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem, glad I could help
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JimmyS scanned a 1987 Iron Duke emissions sticker for me a couple weeks back. I have been working on it on and off, and am glad to say it is finally finished! It is now available on the order page.

The small image above makes the image look pixelated, It is done in 1000 DPI actually, so even when zoomed WAY in, it is perfectly clear. Here is a section zoomed in:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 10-26-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, in another thread, information came out that the belt routing diagram, on the 87 Fiero 2.5l cars, the sticker came in two versions. One black with white lettering, and the opposite, white with black lettering.

I have not yet seen one like this, and can not verify if it is fact or not. No one else has been able to verify this. If you have a sticker on your car like this, please let me know.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-18-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure if my car does still has the belt routing sticker, but I do know that it's not the same. I will take a look though.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, thanks to a good photograph from 1984WhiteSE (Andrew), I have recreated the 1984 2.5 Emissions sheet. It took around 9 hours total working on it over the course of the past week or so in my free time.

It is, as the others are, is a 1200 DPI image (18.6 Megs) that has been greatly reduced to post here, which makes it look pixelated, which the original is not.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Ok, the 1985 2M4 is also done! 90% of the 85 sticker is the same as the 1984, so with just minor modifications, it was not too time consuming to complete!

I also have the 1984 Jacking instructions about half way done. The images, text & font layout locations are completely different from the other years, so its pretty much a complete redo ....

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-15-2014).]

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gotta love an 84 lol. Always giving people headaches lol. When you get them done I'd like to buy a whole set.

------------------

1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is really cool. I'm swapping a Quad 4 into my '87 Coupe so I love the idea of getting customized emission and belt routing stickers.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, FINALLY done with the 84 jacking instructions sticker. Just about everything as far as wording, images and such are different from the 85~88 jacking instructions.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
The place I order the supplies to do my labels, screwed up my last order and sent me clear labels instead of the polyester white ones that I need for the stickers. (The part numbers are one letter off) I printed about 10 sheets of stickers on the material, and found out AFTER doing so. I just had to throw them all out I called them up to complain, and they have the correct ones on the way, and told me just to keep the remaining clear ones. I have about 10 sheets here.

This got me to thinking if there were any way that I could use them for something. There is no way to do white, as there is no way to print white on a standard laser printer. Lighter colors also do not come out very well, unless you stick them onto a light color background.

I started to mess around tonight and I was able to do Fiero logos for my center caps. I think they came out well. I loaded a photo of the car in Photoshop, and used the eyedropper tool to sample the color of the paint on the car, and used that color for Fiero logos.

Someone had mentioned above about doing center caps, and it looks like I can actually The problem is how to set the pricing and such. If it is a custom color, I have to use an entire sheet just to print the 4 center caps on. I can do a full sheet of black ones, and this would keep the costs down for sure.

What does anyone think?

Here are the 4 I did tonight for my car:
(I have Scion TC rims, and the center caps have oxidized a bit unfortunately)

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-23-2013).]

bergingstrucker

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bergingstruckerSend a Private Message to bergingstruckerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've received my stickers last week. Looks great

Shipped within 10 days to the Netherlands
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried something new, and unfortunately it did not work. I ordered the adhesive vinyl for the stickers last week, the same material, but pre-scored on the back. My thought was that it would make it easier for everyone to peel the backing off to apply the stickers. The problem is in the way they scored the back. It seems like they used a press or something to cut the slits in the back after the backing was applied to the vinyl. This made an indentation in the vinyl, that protrudes enough that you can feel it.

I thought running them through the laser printer would smooth it back out, but it did not. Then as a last ditch effort, I thought applying the clear overlay I put on the stickers to protect them would smooth it out. Again, it did not. So I have to call them first thing tomorrow to complain, and put a rush order on new material to get the orders out that I have.

I am sorry to everyone for the delay, and will get them out to you as soon as possible.

Here is what they look like. It appears that it just goes through a couple of stickers, but that's not the case. I have to hold the sheet just right in the light to get the lines to show up. There are 5 lines going diagonally across the sheet, and thus every single sticker on the sheets is effected.

The Fill procedure warning:

And on the fan warning stickers:

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay