Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is there a belt routing diagram sticker on the Fiero?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is there a belt routing diagram sticker on the Fiero? by JohnWPB
Started on: 10-22-2013 01:07 AM
Replies: 25 (986 views)
Last post by: FieroCanada on 10-29-2013 12:27 AM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been reproducing stickers for the Fiero for restoration or simply replacement. Someone asked me if I did the belt routing diagram sticker. I did not have one of these stickers on my car, and have not seen one on other cars actually. Is this something the car came with? It's possible it was one of those paper stickers and the have pretty much deteriorated in the past 25+ years.

If there is such a sticker, could someone post a picture of one?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero had a belt routing sticker on the underside of the decklid. IIRC, it was a glossy plastic sticker. But that sticker is long gone now. And I never took any photos of it. Sorry.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting, I never knew there was one under the decklid. I recreated the emissions sticker, which shows the EGR, PCV, vacuum line routing ect. Does anyone have the belt routing sticker on their car still? If so, could someone take a high resolution, close up photo of it for me?

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero is an '87, and originally came with the Duke. So it had a serpentine belt. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. But if only the '87-88 Dukes had the belt routing sticker, that could explain why. Because the '87-88 Dukes had serpentine belts.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 10-23-2013).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking my 88 Duke car had a belt routing sticker. I can't say that I've ever seen one on a V6 car.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just checked my 87GT and it doesn't have a belt routing decal on it. It has the emissions decal, the VIN number and another sticker. I think it was about special coolant fill procedure.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe it is just the 4 Cyl cars then, as the 6 Cyl does not have a serpentine belt. Hopefully someone else can chime in here with some information.
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87+ L4 have them... shows belt w/ and w/o AC.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

87+ L4 have them... shows belt w/ and w/o AC.

Ok, more information rolling in. I must be honest, when I got the email you replied to this thread, I thought for sure it was going to be a "Look in the cave at THIS link" post.

Does anyone have this sticker on their car? I ask if you do, to try to get a nice high quality photo of it for me. Also, the exact measurements would be greatly appreciated!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 10-23-2013).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, have you considered creating a belt routing decal for the V6's? Maybe variations that would include the aftermarket idler pulley and the associated belt numbers that are used in each application?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

John, have you considered creating a belt routing decal for the V6's? Maybe variations that would include the aftermarket idler pulley and the associated belt numbers that are used in each application?

I Honestly never thought about it. I could easily do it though. I will look into it after I get the 2.5 one reproduced first. That one will give me the look and style to work from to make one for the 2.8

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 10-23-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whenever I sell a car, I always like to give the new owner a complete file of the vehicle, beginning with the day I bought it. It details all of the things I've done to the car, especially those non-stock things. But these files can't be carried around in the car. A quick reference to something like a belt routing decal with the appropriate belt would save several trips to the parts store when you're broken down by the side of the road. Though it might not be a stock decal, it would probably get overlooked in any car show inspection as not being original.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
stefanosg provided me with a nice clear photo that I could work from to recreate the sticker. This is from a 1987 Irdon Duke. I still do not know what all years had this sticker, so any input is greatly appreciated!

Here is what it looks like:

You can find out more information about this sticker, and all the rest of them on the Fiero in this thread.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, that's the sticker. Although, on my car the colors were reversed.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Yep, that's the sticker. Although, on my car the colors were reversed.

Pontiac had a habit of reversing the colors, based on the year of the car. The same holds true with the emissions sticker on the 87 &88, What year was your Fiero?

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's an '87
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, that's a first for me with all the sticker collecting and research. This is the first sticker that I have seen that changes colors on the same model year. So far I had just run across variances in the stickers depending on what year or engine. I will have to add a way to specify, of ordering a 87 stickier sheet, and its a 2.5l, then pick white OR black for the sticker background.

Here is the black background version:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 10-27-2013).]

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My decklid has one on it, I'll have to check what it is. I think the decklid came off a 4 cylinder car. I'll check when I get to work.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After some thought, I may have been wrong about the colors. There was a sticker on the decklid with a white background, but it probably was the vacuum routing diagram or something. Sorry for the confusion.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
Ok, more information rolling in. I must be honest, when I got the email you replied to this thread, I thought for sure it was going to be a "Look in the cave at THIS link" post.

Cave has a map but not a picture.

Yes, 87 is black etc on white background...
VECI
Belt Map
etc.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Cave has a map but not a picture.

Yes, 87 is black etc on white background...
VECI
Belt Map
etc.

Ok, so if the 87 you saw was black on a white background, then there MUST be 2 different versions. This is a photo of the actual sticker that I worked from, of of a 87 Fiero. it is clearly white on a black background:

PFF
System Bot
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was dark when I got out of work but here's the picture I got.

And yeah, my decklid definitely came from a 4 cylinder. Has all the other 4 banger info under there. Looks like mine is the same as what you already had. It's a black sticker.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

It was dark when I got out of work but here's the picture I got.

And yeah, my decklid definitely came from a 4 cylinder. Has all the other 4 banger info under there. Looks like mine is the same as what you already had. It's a black sticker.

Can you read the bottom line in the emissions sticker, and see what year Fiero it is from?

N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gladly will in the morning. I'm getting ready to hit the sack.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, much appreciated!
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 85 duke has one on the decklid, showing with ac and without ac

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock