Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  taking orders on custom built headers for 2.8, 3x00, 3800 engines!! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
taking orders on custom built headers for 2.8, 3x00, 3800 engines!! by 86 toy
Started on: 06-27-2013 12:05 PM
Replies: 129 (8669 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 11-16-2017 07:51 PM
86 toy

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a bump and to let everyone know i will be working on 3800 turbo header and ypipe design starting this week.. I'll post pics of my progress.. forum member babyboy761 was kind enough to send me his turbo and wastegate so i can build a mock up and determine turbo placement..also i plan to go to the junk yard this week and pick up an auto trans so there will be no question that the headers will fit.. if anyone has any input feel free to post here or pm me. Thanks

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

Need headers? click here!

IP: Logged
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 toy:

I really have no way to check fitment of a/c lines.. where is the clearance a problem? would you be able to get me picture? as far as time i can build them pretty quick once i have parts the biggest problem is at this time WCF is the only vendor with 3800 header flanges and it takes 2 weeks to get a set here from them.. i'm working on a local machine shop to cut flanges for me. so as of right now turn around is 2 to 2.5 weeks..

I am interested in buying a set of 3800 headers. If you send me a 3800 flange, I can duplicate it for you on a laser or waterjet to within .002" no problem and send you back a bunch. Please PM me. It would really help if you can get an old AC line and see how close the headers get

Gambit

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GambitSend a Private Message to GambitEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shortly i will also have a 3800 SC. Than i will come back for the headers and Y pipe.
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

I am interested in buying a set of 3800 headers. If you send me a 3800 flange, I can duplicate it for you on a laser or waterjet to within .002" no problem and send you back a bunch. Please PM me. It would really help if you can get an old AC line and see how close the headers get

pm sent
Fastback-Ish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback-IshSend a Private Message to Fastback-IshEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now what if we have the Power logs that zzp sales. I'm doing the turbo build but already have the power logs, is there anyway we can get in on this bit?
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are some pics of the turbo setup I just finished building for babyboy761..

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86 toy

674 posts
Member since Jan 2011

Originally posted by Fastback-Ish:

now what if we have the Power logs that zzp sales. I'm doing the turbo build but already have the power logs, is there anyway we can get in on this bit?

what would you like?? if you send me the power logs i can build a turbo y that will set your turbo in about the same location as the one i just posted.. pm me if your interested and we can work out details
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First off let me say nice job! I really like the look and craftsmanship that went into making these. But I have a few questions.

For the standard 3800 headers (getrag) are you going to make the egr tube leg functional.? I run the egr system on my swap and would like to keep that functionality..

As seen here:

Versus your flange has the hookup, but no tube (yet?)

And also with outlet size, I'm running 3" are you able to add a 3" collector vs the 2.5? Thanks for your time. -Jason

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 10-01-2013).]

86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jason,
In that picture the EGR tube wasn't installed yet but did get added so EGR is no problem at all on the 3800 also 3" is no problem on the outlet
Thanks

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

First off let me say nice job! I really like the look and craftsmanship that went into making these. But I have a few questions.

For the standard 3800 headers (getrag) are you going to make the egr tube leg functional.? I run the egr system on my swap and would like to keep that functionality..

And also with outlet size, I'm running 3" are you able to add a 3" collector vs the 2.5? Thanks for your time. -Jason

[This message has been edited by 86 toy (edited 10-02-2013).]

madbrad01

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks great,But is the turbo going to clear the deck lid? And how much for the headers and turbo cross over?
PFF
System Bot
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madbrad01:

looks great,But is the turbo going to clear the deck lid? And how much for the headers and turbo cross over?

deck lid clearance will be close with his setup.. I spent some time on the phone with this customer having him take lots of measurements on his car.. He will be giving me feedback on how everything fits so i will know for future builds if i need to adjust anything..
PM sent for questions on pricing

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86 toy

674 posts
Member since Jan 2011
edited first post with more accurate description and options for 3800 headers.

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

doublec4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much to replicate those 3800 turbo headers? They look fantastic.
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

How much to replicate those 3800 turbo headers? They look fantastic.

$750
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86 toy

674 posts
Member since Jan 2011
Double post

[This message has been edited by 86 toy (edited 10-02-2013).]

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jason,
In that picture the EGR tube wasn't installed yet but did get added so EGR is no problem at all on the 3800 also 3" is no problem on the outlet
Thanks

Wonderful! Thanks for the info! I'm excited about this and hope to be contacting you soon about a set. -Jason
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madbrad01:

This was my first thought also....I hope the turbo clears but I think there will be issues with doing so...Nice work and looking good man...
Fastback-Ish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback-IshSend a Private Message to Fastback-IshEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be. Very interested in sending my power logs in to do fitting. I know there are other that need the same thing and it would help a ton. Here is my number contact me 316-670-0314. I was also curious about the height and clearance on the deck lid. But if you say it clears I will take your word for it. And estimate on what a turbo cross over would cost?
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ah good find for me. I am not ready yet. Need to install my widebody/hatch/512 bumper first. But glad to see someone is offering this. Will be calling early next year, hope you are still doing them then!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would be. Very interested in sending my power logs in to do fitting. I know there are other that need the same thing and it would help a ton. Here is my number contact me 316-670-0314. I was also curious about the height and clearance on the deck lid. But if you say it clears I will take your word for it. And estimate on what a turbo cross over would cost?

I would have to source flanges to connect to the power logs and depending on price it may be more cost effective to cut off the factory style flange and weld on v-band flanges.. I'm assuming that you would want the crossover in stainless steel because the p-logs are stainless..
PFF
System Bot
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would have to source flanges to connect to the power logs and depending on price it may be more cost effective to cut off the factory style flange and weld on v-band flanges.. I'm assuming that you would want the crossover in stainless steel because the p-logs are stainless..
Fastback-Ish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback-IshSend a Private Message to Fastback-IshEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I would most likely want to have it in stainless. I do know zzp has turbo flanges for 14.99 I'm unable to copy and paste the url but I can type it all out. Shop.Zzperformance.co./store/c/85-turbo-parts-kits.aspx
Fastback-Ish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback-IshSend a Private Message to Fastback-IshEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fastback-Ish

84 posts
Member since May 2012
Also what size turbo is that in the pictures. Mine is A 56 trim a bit small now I'm trying to see if we do get this crossover going, how much room will I have if I want to ugrade turbos in the future. If contacting me/texting us faster please do so or feel free to.
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also what size turbo is that in the pictures. Mine is A 56 trim a bit small now I'm trying to see if we do get this crossover going, how much room will I have if I want to ugrade turbos in the future. If contacting me/texting us faster please do so or feel free to.

That turbo is a T04 .62 or .63 trim I think and with a little extra work I can most likely get it a little lower especially using a plog instead of headers because of the size difference.. I left you a voice mail. . Give me a call today and we'll talk about it

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

Fastback-Ish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback-IshSend a Private Message to Fastback-IshEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If a 62 can fit then that would brobably be good enough and as big as I would go. I have a kid no need to kill myself with speed ( mph not the drug :-) ) ok I did see a missed call. 5xx area code. I'm at work at the moment but I will definitely call when I get off.
Fastback-Ish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback-IshSend a Private Message to Fastback-IshEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fastback-Ish

84 posts
Member since May 2012
If a 62 can fit then that would brobably be good enough and as big as I would go. I have a kid no need to kill myself with speed ( mph not the drug :-) ) ok I did see a missed call. 5xx area code. I'm at work at the moment but I will definitely call when I get off.
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would plumb the wastegate exit into the exhaust at an angle and farther from the turbo, it's going to cause a lot of turbulence there. Other than that they look nice, good job!
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

I would plumb the wastegate exit into the exhaust at an angle and farther from the turbo, it's going to cause a lot of turbulence there. Other than that they look nice, good job!

Thanks for the advice and the good word..
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a bump.. i'm open for orders!

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's some nice work!
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would be interested for my 3800 SC Swap, but I would want to do a true dual exhaust versus having both headers come together and then split again.
Would you be able to get me rough estimate on cost?
I'm thinking that the headers on the trunk side of the motor would run towards the driver side port on the bumper and the the headers that come the firewall side of the motor would head off on the passenger side.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I know there will be comments on backpressure and what-not, but I want a little crackle when I let off.
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Wow, that's some nice work!

thank you!!
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86 toy

674 posts
Member since Jan 2011

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

I would be interested for my 3800 SC Swap, but I would want to do a true dual exhaust versus having both headers come together and then split again.
I'm thinking that the headers on the trunk side of the motor would run towards the driver side port on the bumper and the the headers that come the firewall side of the motor would head off on the passenger side.

I know there will be comments on backpressure and what-not, but I want a little crackle when I let off.

PM sent..

babyboy761

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for babyboy761Send a Private Message to babyboy761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must say he did a REALLY good job on the headers. The installation was painless for the most part. Only because I put the my top part of my hand through a screw. The day of instalation. When we talked on the phone. He and I both knew that the down pipe may be somewhat of a problem. Other than that it fits/clears. My F-body intake is closer to my deck lid than my turbo is. Time to make a new dog bone and figure out my fuel rail situation.
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Pretty much what I was thinking as well. Can this be done?
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deezil:
Pretty much what I was thinking as well. Can this be done?

Yes it can be done.. I just need to know where you want your headers to exit and I'll build it
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hump day bump!

------------------
--Mark--
Yellow 88 GT 3400 5speed

NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still out there? I sent you a PM and got no response.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock