Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  The official 2k8 Fiero logo badge! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The official 2k8 Fiero logo badge! by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 08-26-2012 06:30 PM
Replies: 84 (4199 views)
Last post by: chrismclubm on 08-18-2019 10:35 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you may (or may not) know, I designed a modern version of the Fiero Logo some time ago. I dubbed this logo the 2k8 logo since I designed it in 2008. The logo has since been used at the top of each forum page and I have also been selling some merchandise with this logo in the PFF Shop (like shirts and hats).

I've always wanted to make real front fascia emblems too and I've now finally found a company that can make them. For now, there are two designs to choose from:

#1:

#2:

The above images are concept-artwork, they are not photo's of the real badges! Also, these badges come with an adhesive back but without bezel. So you can either stick them directly on the front fascia, or remove the original badge from its bezel and replace it with this one.

Pricing will be $24.95 plus $2.50 shipping and handling.

But here's the catch!

Some time ago, there was a lot of interest for a PFF CD. It would be the entire forum on a CD so you could use the forum's resources off-line (back then when most people were connected through a dial-up connection, this was a big thing). Based on the interest shown I wrote a program (which took me a few weeks), and had a few hundred CDs printed and burned (again, back then it wasn't as easy to make your own CD as it is now). Price was set at $14.95. When I had the CDs ready, a lot of people suddenly went silent. Guess how many CDs I eventually sold? 13. Yes, thirteen. That whole ordeal had cost me quite a bit of money...

I don't want that to happen again, so what I will do first is "test the waters". If there's enough interest, I will take pre-orders but you will have to pay upfront. Then when there are enough pre-orders, I will actually have those badges made. I hope people trust me that I won't disappear with their money. If there aren't enough pre-orders, I will cancel the whole thing and refund everybody their money. Sorry for the long-winded procedure but I really can't afford to loose any money on this.

So this is
Step #1: Testing the water!

How many of you would be interested buying one if I were to really make these? And would you be interested in #1 or #2?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some background information on the 2k8 logo:

The reason I wanted a new, more modern-looking logo was because I felt the original logo belonged to the original, stock Fiero. But people have been modding their Fiero's quite a bit. But even with all the modding, their cars were still unmistakably Fieros. And that's what I wanted the new logo to reflect. A modern version of the old logo, but still unmistakably the Fiero logo. So I still used the original front view of the Pegasus, but much more stylized.
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I REALLY dig it! Let me know when we get to "step 2: paying for an awesome badge!"
c-l

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for c-lSend a Private Message to c-lEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm in for the #2 badge (red). Let me know when it is time to pay.

GEORGE91473

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GEORGE91473Send a Private Message to GEORGE91473Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be in for the number 2 emblem .let us know when you would want a payment..these look awesome
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love'em both.. But I like #2 slightly more.

marc-alan

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
number 2. I a am interested in if you go to the next phase
MEL H. JOHNSON

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me in for #2. Mel
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested but I can't see images in threads lately. Can you email them please? I'll PM my address. Thanks.
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroGT42

2992 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Have you thought about something like Kickstarter? It could automate a lot of the payment process for you, refunds, and might give people more peace of mind that their pre-order won't get overlooked or anything.
gen2muchwork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IN for #2
PFF
System Bot
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in. Let me know when I can send money..
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for #2...

------------------
Tim
'87 GT Auto
Med Red Metallic
78K miles
Bay City, MI

Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

Your forum has been good to me as well as others. Count me in for design #2

If you end up doing both I may take one of each

Thanks,

Vince
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in the #2 badge.
86Enzo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86EnzoSend a Private Message to 86EnzoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely interested in the #2 badge.
The Mechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The MechanicSend a Private Message to The MechanicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I say number 2 as well.
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Number 2, red.
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm up for 1, and a second if you could make a 3800SC instead of "FIERO". I know there would be tooling and design costs, but I'm sure several would sell if you made more. Is that a possibility?

Thanks,
Greg

------------------

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-27-2012 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for at least 1 # 2 as it'll go with the red on my indy..
few questions..
I'm guessing these are painted in the underside and are a clear plastic (stock)
I ask.. because thinking led backed lit up.. (if I guessed right, can they be had without the adh. backing already installed)
thinking accent light on center colsole sub grill.. or just a center piece on the grill to make it, more stock looking..

also.. I think you should talk to surplier and see what it cost to make sets of center cap logo badges
to add that extra touch on cars with aftermarket wheels..

money set aside in paypal, awaiting.. (for one, may need more after see'n the real thing ) any multi buy discount.. thinking maybe one for console grill, 2 for where the stock notchie had the arrow heads behind door, and one for nose

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 08-27-2012).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

also.. I think you should talk to surplier and see what it cost to make sets of center cap logo badges

I can actually make those myself as a vinyl decal. Water/weather/UV proof.
PFF
System Bot
Turbowedge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two questions: (1) Are both versions going to be available, or will the one with the most votes be it? (2) And on the second design, does it have to be red or can the red be replaced with another color? Thanks, and of course we trust you Cliff
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like them both, so this is a free bump.

If you ever could do another design, I like this Pegasus more and prefer to buy a new hood logo inspired this one below:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Don't care so much for the lettering, or the "3.4" part sectioned off. I just like the sideways Pegasus more. Doesn't have to be this exact Pegasus.

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 08-28-2012).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

If you ever could do another design, I like this Pegasus more and prefer to buy a new hood logo inspired this one below:

Yeah, not going to happen. That was designed by someone who wasn't exactly a fan of PFF and screwed a lot of members here.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
Yeah, not going to happen. That was designed by someone who wasn't exactly a fan of PFF and screwed a lot of members here.

I'm aware of that. I remember reading the original thread. But just because F-I-E-R-O dropped the ball, doesn't mean that the logo design wasn't pretty. - or that I didn't like look of the sideways Pegasus.
Like I said, I would love a new interpretation of the sideways Pegasus logo and a new font. To me it's a Fiero interpretation of the famous Ferrari prancing horse, and the logo of many other exotics.

Below is the "prancing moose" to lighten the mood a bit:

For the Lamborghi fans:

For people with a sense of humor, there used to be an interpretation of a more classically styled Fiero Pegasus logo, except that it was a skeleton.

Before I get too carried away: Cliff, do you need a larger run of an exact same logo, or can you do multiple different designs in smaller runs that all fit into the same stock badge location?
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the design and would take one of each. Hmm... I wonder if they would sell on my website...

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-Auto.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 08-28-2012).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff, do you need a larger run of an exact same logo, or can you do multiple different designs in smaller runs that all fit into the same stock badge location?

I need to do a large run of the same logo.
The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take one of #2 when the time is right.
SquareBomb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SquareBombSend a Private Message to SquareBombEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm aware of that. I remember reading the original thread. But just because F-I-E-R-O dropped the ball, doesn't mean that the logo design wasn't pretty. - or that I didn't like look of the sideways Pegasus.
Like I said, I would love a new interpretation of the sideways Pegasus logo and a new font. To me it's a Fiero interpretation of the famous Ferrari prancing horse, and the logo of many other exotics.

I'd like to add the company that made these logos still has the design and tools made specifically for those zinc emblems. If someone wants to make an investment and deal with getting permission to use the design...

I gave away all the leftovers from the original run... so no more free ones, but they could easily go back into production.
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think they are both great. However, seeing as I don't own an indy or a GT the silver one (#1) would be better suited for my cars.

Question though: I bought all three years of the Tyler Shipman badges that were made in the identical size as the hood emblem and the cost was way cheaper...like $10 a piece if I remember correctly. They were as good as the original emblems in quality and materials. $25 seems a little steep for this. Have you spoken to the person who made the Tyler badges to see how they made them soon inexpensively? Or maybe I'm missing something here. These are just the insert decals correct. No housing or bezel included right...

Not trying to stir anything up here. I just don't know if I could afford the price. I'd love to get some though. Paying a little more to help Cliff continue running this awesome site is worth it ultimately...
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2012 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zefferk:

I think they are both great. However, seeing as I don't own an indy or a GT the silver one (#1) would be better suited for my cars.

Question though: I bought all three years of the Tyler Shipman badges that were made in the identical size as the hood emblem and the cost was way cheaper...like $10 a piece if I remember correctly. They were as good as the original emblems in quality and materials. $25 seems a little steep for this. Have you spoken to the person who made the Tyler badges to see how they made them soon inexpensively? Or maybe I'm missing something here. These are just the insert decals correct. No housing or bezel included right...

Not trying to stir anything up here. I just don't know if I could afford the price. I'd love to get some though. Paying a little more to help Cliff continue running this awesome site is worth it ultimately...

yup think you missed somthing,, he's doing this 2 fold. one to offer the logo, and 2, to make some money to help pay to keep the site up.. ..
PFF
System Bot
fierohobby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohobbySend a Private Message to fierohobbyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested. #2.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going against the crowd, i'd prefer #1 as i have zero red on my car and it'd look off.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

he's doing this 2 fold. one to offer the logo, and 2, to make some money to help pay to keep the site up.. ..

What he said.

They are actually made by the same company as the Tyler badges. That said, I don't think $25 is a steep price at all. I actually think $10 is just very, very cheap.

But to address your concern, first of all I doubt I will make any money with them at all. Minimum quantity for these are in the hundreds and I will be surprised if I sell more than 50. Second, this is a PFF exclusive. A lot of PFF merchandise is sold, but nothing is "official" PFF merchandise.

Eventually, I would love it if I would be able to make some money with these. You know, cash that I can actually use to pay my bills instead of only PFF's bills. Odd thing is that everybody is allowed to make a living from PFF - except me. If I do something to try to make some money (be it banners or merchandising), it's often frowned upon.
GEORGE91473

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GEORGE91473Send a Private Message to GEORGE91473Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly I would pay more than $25 these are really nice..a great way to update my Fiero ...
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SquareBomb:
I'd like to add the company that made these logos still has the design and tools made specifically for those zinc emblems.

I'm not really interested in zinc emblems. I'm interested in an overlay, or something that fits/replaces the stock hood badge of a Fiero.
F-I-E-R-O's design (in it's original form) doesn't fit, as far as I understand. I do remember that a couple years ago, he gave the rights to Fierosails to produce those logos, if he gives $1 from each sale to Cliff Pennock. So if Cliff produces them, and pays himself, doesn't that mean he would have permission? - Also I don't want a replica of F-I-E-R-O's logo. I'd like a Cliff inspired design with similar elements.
trod84se4spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trod84se4spdSend a Private Message to trod84se4spdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll spring for #1
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP;
Any movement on these? I want 2 of #1
Englishrafe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EnglishrafeSend a Private Message to EnglishrafeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the second design (GT style).
Put me down for one please.

I would also be interested in wheel center decals - if you ever decided to make them?
old one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for old oneSend a Private Message to old oneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'll go for number 2 and if you could make those clear epoxy domed center caps i'll take a set also with no#2 design.

[This message has been edited by old one (edited 10-16-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock