Started on: 01-07-2011 02:15 PM
Replies: 106 (13988 views)
Last post by: PBJ on 05-27-2014 10:43 PM
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
-SOLD-

Well I've decided that I want to move onto something else. I've owned this Fiero for almost 12 years and have put tens of thousands of dollar into it over the years. I just feel like I need a change. I'm not all too big on going fast anymore and I am looking for something more road-course and autocross friendly.

The Basics:
-1988 Fiero GT
-Red exterior with beechwood interior
-Approx 122k miles (~10k miles since the 3800 swap)
-Automatic
-Power windows/mirrors/locks
-Cruise
-A/C
-No sunroof or T-tops and is spoiler-delete
-VIN#1G2PG119XJP213094

Powertrain Swap:

The swap was done by Ryan Gick (Darth Fiero on PFF) of Sinister Performance. www.gmtuners.com
Pages with my swap info:
http://www.gmtuners.com/Cus...iero/turbo/index.htm

Engine:
-3800 Series-2 L67 with approximately 70k miles.
-Home-ported L26 heads (bigger intake valves over the L36) with comp 105lb springs, and a competition valvejob.
-Home Ported camaro upper and lower intake manifolds
-1.84:1 roller rockers
-65lb injectors
-Denso Toyota Supra fuel pump

Turbo Setup:
-ZZP stainless front and rear powerlogs
-Custom Stainless Y-pipe
-Master Power T61 Turbo w/ .68a/r T4 exhaust housing
-Synapse 40mm Wastegate
-Synapse BOV
-Custom aluminum charge-piping
-Custom air-air intercooler from ETS
-LS1 MAF
-Custom Cold-air induction
-3” exhaust into a magnaflow muffler
-TurboXS manual boost controller
-Silicone boost lines

Transmission:
-4t65e-HD performance built by Dave of Triple Edge Performance
-Custom Stall converter
-Upgraded clutchpacks
-Hardened input shaft
-Heavy duty transmission cooler
-7/8" chain and 3.29 gearset

Misc:
-NGK AFX wideband gauge
-Powdercoated valvecovers, fuel rails, intake manifolds, and turbo
-Header wrap from manifolds to muffler
-Turbo blanket

Suspension/Tires:
-Poly bushings all-around.
-Fierostore lowering springs with Koni red adjustable shocks in the front
-Held Motorsports coilovers with KYB struts and 300# springs in the rear
-Front balljoints and tie-rods have been replaced between 70-85k miles
-Wheels are 5Zigen Fn01r-c’s. 17x7 front and 17x8 in the rear.
-Tires are Falken Azenis RT615’s (225/45/17) in the front and Nitto 555 Drag Radials (245/45/17) in the rear

Brakes:
-Braided stainless hoses
-West Coast Fiero 12” corvette caliper brackets
-Baer Eradispeed 2-piece rotors in the front and regular C4 vette rotors in the rear
-Satisfied-pro ceramic pads
-Stock calipers painted red

Interior:
-Recaro seats with custom seat brackets
-B-quiet brown bread sound deadening throughout
-Black headliner
-Black carpet
-Black ‘Fiero’ embroidered floormats
-4” Pioneer speakers in the front with homemade mounting brackets
-4x6 Blaupunkt speakers in the rear
-Pioneer DEH-P9800 headunit with Ipod control
-Aeroforce scanguage and Autometer boost gauge mounted in Autometer carbon fiber cups
-Beretta shiftknob
-New center console skeleton with no broken holes
-Momo D-shape steering wheel

Exterior:
-New outer dew-wipes
-Powdercoated engine grilles-gloss black
-New tail-light lenses

The good:
-This car is professionally built and has been maintained very well. This car drives very nice, and will get ~26mpg in regular driving yet is faster than 95% of the street cars out there. With the sound deadening, it is not hard on the ears on long drives, and still has all the creature comforts like power-options, cruise, a/c, and a full-trunk.
-It’s FAST, and it’s reliable. Since the 3800-swap, I have had ~30 ¼ miles passes (around 10 passes on the current setup) and have not had a single problem. You can take this car to the track and run high 11’s right off the street. Throw in some 100-octane, turn up the boost a bit, and lower the tire pressure, and it’s a low 11-second car.

The bad/issues:

Powertrain:
- None that I can think of now that I put a new turbo on

Suspension/Tires:
-The front bushings squeak. They have been in the car for 50k miles and 10 years. I’m sure they need to be greased up.
-Due to traction issues, I run drag radials on the rear. This results in great straight-line traction, but makes it a bit soft in cornering. Plus drag radials don’t exactly have a long tread life. They still have quite a bit of tread-depth, but I’m not sure how long it will last.

Interior:
-Although the carpet is new, I did a crappy job measuring in some spots and the fit is far from perfect.
-There is some exposed wire for the wideband sensor. It is a Function-over-Form interior.
-The passenger-side Recaro seat has a small cigarette burn in it.
-Some of the carpet material on the lower doors has some ripping and fraying.

Exterior:
-The paint doesn't have any clearcoat peeling, but it's not in great shape. There is a lot of small nicks and scratches. The front and rear bumpers were repainted 2-years ago, but the front has a large amount of stone chips in it.
-The quarter-windows are original and have some of the usual cracking and delaminaing in them.

Misc:
-The car was in an accident at some point before I owned it. I believe it was hit in the right front. It causes no driveability issues.

Overall, I would give the car a 7 out of 10 in it's current condition. Mechanical 10 out of 10. Interior 7 out of 10. Exterior 6 out of 10. I have no issues with using it as a daily driver and have used it as a commuter on a pretty regular basis over the past year. I would not hesitate to drive cross-country in it. I have described virtually every little issue I could think of because I try to be as honest as possible.

I should also add that along with the car, I have these parts available if the new-owner would want them:

-A spare set of axles (direct swap)
-AusFiero Stage-2 scoops
-Spare brake calipers and other various Fiero stuff
-The original seats (dirty, but no rips or tears) and carpet

Additional pictures can be found in my photobucket album here: http://s105.photobucket.com...ursedx/Fiero%20Sale/

------------------
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph
gmtuners.com -Build info

[This message has been edited by AkursedX (edited 11-01-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now why would you go and sell almost the exact car I'm building a year after I start building it? I've already got more into my car than you're selling yours for, and my car is probably only like half done. Yeah.... you suck. LOL

Good luck if you decide to really sell it.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't do it.....I know it is a feeler Thread and you feel like you need change but it will come back to bite you in the azz after some time.......If I had 9K I would grab this car up in a heartbeat and it is well worth more than the asking price......I would say good luck with the sale but I hope it doesn't and you are forced to keep it......
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey sorry if I missed it, but yours is so similar to mine (well the plan anyway), have you had it dyno'd yet? If so, what were the numbers?
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I jizzed in my pants, NICE!!
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NOOOOOOoooooo ! !

Don't do it.
jasonfox

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sell kidney, not fiero.
sportcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sportcoupeSend a Private Message to sportcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jasonfox:

Sell kidney, not fiero.

Sell kidney to buy this Fiero.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steal someone else's kidney, sell it, buy this Fiero.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just need a scalpel, a bathtub, some ice, and a note so they know to call 911 when they wake up.
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Hey sorry if I missed it, but yours is so similar to mine (well the plan anyway), have you had it dyno'd yet? If so, what were the numbers?

Never had it dynoed. I have trapped a best of 121.50mph. With driver, the car weighs around 3250lbs. You can plug that data into a hp calculator and go from there.
PFF
System Bot
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just need a scalpel, a bathtub, some ice, and a note so they know to call 911 when they wake up.

ROFLMAO!!
jhempsrt4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhempsrt4Send a Private Message to jhempsrt4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish this thing was a manual.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:
Never had it dynoed. I have trapped a best of 121.50mph. With driver, the car weighs around 3250lbs. You can plug that data into a hp calculator and go from there.

From the five I checked, the crank HP is estimated to be 455 to 488 hp... more than enough to get into trouble quick!
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

From the five I checked, the crank HP is estimated to be 455 to 488 hp... more than enough to get into trouble quick!

That's what I found as well, and is the exact range we're looking to be at. I plan on having some serious fun in this car of mine, but to be honest it's already taken me over a year to even try to get in any trouble with it If only Akursed had sold his car in the summer of '09. Oh well, mine will have it's own identity.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 01-08-2011).]

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could write a check for that one. What a nice car.
jhempsrt4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhempsrt4Send a Private Message to jhempsrt4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The more I look at this one the more I like it. I can't wait to get my tax check! I usually don't like autos but it doesn't seem like there is a very strong manual transaxle option for Fieros.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would like to know make and model of your wheels

------------------

http://www.tylerstoy.com

AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Would like to know make and model of your wheels

Wheels are 5Zigen Fn01r-c’s. 17x7 front and 17x8 in the rear.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wheels are 5Zigen Fn01r-c’s. 17x7 front and 17x8 in the rear.

It even has the wheels I was shooting for (no longer made and no one had them in these sizes). This thread is depressing.
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM's have been replied to.

I'm going to tell the wife tomorrow that I put the Fiero up for sale, so if I don't reply anymore, it's probably because she strangled me. I don't think she's going to be to keen on me to even think of doing this.
PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you still living? How did the wife take it?
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you still living? How did the wife take it?

Heh, well she didn't kill me, but I don't think she's too happy about it. She'd prefer that if I actually get rid of it that I don't get another in it's place and that I move onto something else.

On the bright-side, she said she'd prefer that I just keep the Fiero and buy another car to satisfy my need to an auto-x/road course car. I have a line on an affordable '88 manual coupe and a '91 Jetta GLI 16v.

I am going to keep my Fiero up for sale though. I plan on making a photo-bucket gallery with more detailed pictures and maybe a walk-around video of the car sometime soon.

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent

------------------
AIM:Onefast2M8
00 VW GTi VR6 -- Not stock
06 VW GTi 2.0t
99 Explorer Eddie Bauer 5.0 AWD

AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photobucket gallery has been added here: http://s105.photobucket.com...ursedx/Fiero%20Sale/

------------------
gmtuners.com -Build info

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Justinbart

3259 posts
Member since Sep 2009
We never got to race. Hopefully someone local gets it so I can get a crack at it.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Justinbart

3259 posts
Member since Sep 2009
Trade plus cash?

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Trade plus cash?

No thanks. I really don't want another turbo Fiero even with a manual trans. If I stay in a Fiero, it will be na or the one I already have.

AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*BUMP*

I figure I'll bump this up every Monday until the weather gets warmer. After that, I'll probably just keep it and continue where I left off.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That has got to be the first time I've ever seen a guy with a wife that doesn't want him to sell his car.
PFF
System Bot
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car looks amazing, IM definitely not in the market but its done right!

Hope you keep it and keep having a good time with it. Sorry to hear you are bored. Beautiful car!
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! I'm in the market, but I don't have that kind of budget. Even with the auto, I'd be on that if I had the money.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had a chubby for this car ever since I saw it on Ryan's site (www.gmtuners.com). I wish I wasn't working on my own 3800sc swap... I supposed I should be happy with 315hp... 450hp-480hp would probably get me killed... Or in jail the way our Stormtroopers State Troopers crack down...

Good luck with the sale... <sobs>

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel

MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

I have had a chubby for this car ever since I saw it on Ryan's site (www.gmtuners.com). I wish I wasn't working on my own 3800sc swap... I supposed I should be happy with 315hp... 450hp-480hp would probably get me killed... Or in jail the way our Stormtroopers State Troopers crack down...

Good luck with the sale... <sobs>

You make an excellent point. I still remember what you and Matt told me they do the speeders on the side of the road...
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliments and the free-bumps! I am actually hoping that I will be able to sell this car now. I have found what I want in replacement of my Fiero. It's engine-swapped. It's GM-powered, and it's a 2-seater. But it's bigger on the interior-side and I would actually be able to put a cage in it.

I should also add that along with the car, I have these parts available if the new-owner would want them:

-A spare set of axles (direct swap)
-AusFiero Stage-2 scoops
-A full spare '88 rear cradle with all the suspension and brake bits
-Spare brake calipers and other various Fiero stuff
-The original seats (dirty, but no rips or tears) and carpet

------------------
gmtuners.com -Build info

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Goodie list

Dammit, why do I always have to be broke when these things come along....?
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weekly *BUMP*

I started her up yesterday after probably 2-weeks of sitting and she fired right up on the 1st crank. Then I left some tire patches in my driveway after she warmed up

------------------
gmtuners.com -Build info

Rustym38

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rustym38Send a Private Message to Rustym38Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cant believe this car has not SOLD for the asking price.....
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock