Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Hi! I'm a nice guy from Russia, and here is my Plazma! (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hi! I'm a nice guy from Russia, and here is my Plazma! by Daniel H
Started on: 11-23-2009 05:58 PM
Replies: 380 (28815 views)
Last post by: ferrobi on 01-24-2024 06:30 AM
Daniel H

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some photos from couple months ago.

Working on surfaces and junctions (hope I expressing correctly).

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 07-05-2022).]

IP: Logged
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daniel H:

Some photos from couple months ago.

Working on surfaces and junctions (hope I expressing correctly).

You said it correctly. Please keep posting your progress. Thanks for sharing!

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 11-09-2011).]

carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carnut122

9122 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jfrost:

Amazing work so far! I can't wait to see the finished product, especially the interior. Keep up the great work!

I graduated from SIU-C (twice).
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2011 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photos from some time ago.

Received parts, what I ordered from Fierostore.

Front&rear swaybar kits, all details to rebuild rear calipers, filters, sparkplugs and other.

Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2011 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
in mother russia you dont drive fiero...fiero drives you! :-P nice work so far looks slick :-)
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have question!

What is this box?

It's from Dmitry's Laura. He said it's headlights motor guide(was given to me with his headlights, as I understand there is 2gen motors(different than mine)), but on my car weren't this box and even any connectors what may connect to it.

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
they were correct. it's the second gen headlight control box.

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have question!
What is this box?
It's from Dmitry's Laura. He said it's headlights motor guide(was given to me with his headlights, as I understand there is 2gen motors(different than mine)), but on my car weren't this box and even any connectors what may connect to it.

You need the Gen II wiring also Daniel I have an 86 GT with Gen I ... when I swapped to Gen II I also bought the wiring. You will also see that Gen II wiring has only 1 wire for car horn ....

Gen II harness (Wiring)

------------------

My build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com
My LED marker kit

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-15-2011).]

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! very cool, are those kits very rare then?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IanT720 ---- Yep, 1 in the states and maybe 6 or 7 in Russia

Plazma (USA)
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If be absolutely correct, there is only 5 Laura/Plazma in all world.

1) Alex's Piranha/Plazma (red, then blue)
2) Laura in Latvia (red with white, then whole red)
3) Laura in Saint Petersburg(Russia) what stand near car dealer (yellow with black roof, than with silver roof, then whole red)
4) Laura of Dmitry Parfenov in Saint Petersburg(Russia) (silver) heard it was white before, but don't know correctly.
5) Mine Plazma, building now, from pre production kit what was laying 15 years and waiting for his hour.

Don't know in what sequence first three numbers was builded.

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 11-15-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Daniel,

Do you have any pictures of the one at the car dealership ?

Would they ever sell it ? Is it mounted on a sign or atop a building or something ?
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Exoticse, photo of it was on this forum few times, so you likely might be seen it.

No they don't sell it. It's their promotion car. It stand on pedestal.

Would look to my mini-archive to some photos.

That Latvian guys was sale their Laura, why anybody of you wasn't buy it?
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder whats going with the blue Plazma in the US now. I remember the guy who built it passed away, not sure what else after. Either way, that picture was taken about a mile from my house . Definitely a different and good looking body in its own way.
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nitroheadz28,

Now Alex's Plazma owned by his stepson John. John live in NY, Plazma live somewhere in Floroda.

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 11-15-2011).]

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Daniel H

189 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Hey, Exoticse, catch couple photos!

Looks like initially it was with with black roof.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i get that it get's people attention, but what do they say when people ask where is that car lol ??

guess it doesn't matter as long as it gets people to stop !

Kind of a quirky fate for such a cool car. Does it run ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-15-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

I wonder whats going with the blue Plazma in the US now. I remember the guy who built it passed away, not sure what else after. Either way, that picture was taken about a mile from my house . Definitely a different and good looking body in its own way.

Alex's Plazma is here in Florida. I talked to his stepson and the car has basically just sat since Alex's death. Nothing really going on with it. Just sitting in storage.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been out of the loop for awhile...would love if we could get some molds made from one of those cars. Not sure if there is a legal issue etc...but just a thought. Love your work!
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Alex's Plazma is here in Florida. I talked to his stepson and the car has basically just sat since Alex's death. Nothing really going on with it. Just sitting in storage.

Thats a shame , I can understand but ehh. After the enterra I gotta say this is my favorite kit/ rebody.
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

i get that it get's people attention, but what do they say when people ask where is that car lol ??

There is need to some explaination: Owners of this dealer shop was working jointly with Dmitry Parfenov in the 90's, and they was manage the financial and administrative questions. And then they spread their business. That guys start dealer business and take all history of creation Laura cars, from first two Lauras in 1985, "Ohta" concept 1988, LuAZ Proto concept, Laura 2 and Laura 3 project as history of their own new company (to bring significance to company or something like that). Sure thing they are do not have ANY real relation to building all this projects. They do know each other, but it don't gives right to say they have relation to creation of all this cars.

But fact. They do say what it's their history. And this Laura 3 stand there as part of history of their company.

Kind of a quirky fate for such a cool car. Does it run ?

No. Last time I seen it was without engine. And on photo we can see there is no seats inside.

Originally posted by Hockaday:

Been out of the loop for awhile...would love if we could get some molds made from one of those cars. Not sure if there is a legal issue etc...but just a thought. Love your work!

As I was say: I have moulds. Sure they need some repair after 15 years. But there is don't exist serious interest to these kits to engage to this business.
PFF
System Bot
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has been a long time since the last update on the Plazma project; any progress, any new pictures?
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all!

Progress is constantly.

For last months made a lot of bodywork. Working over surfaces and panel clearances.

Would look for some photos. Or will made it.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

Copper brake lines? interesting...

The reason not very common is copper and galvanizing create electrolysis and so does copper and zinc. When you hear of water pipes in houses leaking more often than not it is because the copper pipe is too close to galvanized flashing or touching near nails or screws. What happens is gal or zinc coating act as a negative and copper cells travel to the zinc or gal and tries to earth itself but what is actually happening is electricity causes the pipe to wear away and stick to the coatings the same as how the coating was stuck to the steel. Cars are zincalume then painted so putting in copper lines will eventually cause the pipes to corrode as the cells travel to the zinc. So it isn't a matter of just crushed pipes why you don't see copper in cars they need to be protected from the car just not from the road.
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2012 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all!

Couple photos.

Repaired door hinge . it had backlash in upper hole.

With father's help, welded couple steel washers with needed hole size on each side of hole. Works like new.

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2012 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
STILL my favorite thread on PFF. You're doing a bangup job, Daniel.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 03-26-2012).]

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2012 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More photos. As I promised.
Photos made on very basic camera, so sorry for quality.

Closed up standart door handle holes.
Started matching tank door.
Matched rear hood. It was very hard work. Sad but haven't photos of process. It wasn't fit car. But I made it fit.
And add primer to rear to identify lines and defects.

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couple photos.

Primed hood

Priming body panels.

BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!

Any idea what color you are going with?
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Color would be custom matched blue metallic. Later post photos of test paint on one detail.
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Set of photos about rear lights installation.

It's a set of Hella D112/D70 lights. They are hell expensive, but they're best.

Some cutting required

Try on

Looks awesome

Inside

Started make bracket

Design and detail

Closer view

Left & right bracket

This is how it would be

Remain to glue it on polyurethane sealer

PFF
System Bot
cebix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice job being done. Greetings from Poland. Wish you luck in the EURO championships .
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kind of surprised this has not made its way to the Construction Zone yet.
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking at body kits when I first was interested in Fieros and the Plazma was what got my attention the most. I looked into getting a kit "briefly" buy got nowhere. I really think the style of the Plazma is just plain sexy. You're a lucky man to have that kit. Good work so far.
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a new photos!

Glued rear lights bracket

Assembled license plate lights. They're also from Hella, and as you can see they're LED.

So about color.
This was test paint of two colors. Maybe it isn't seen on photos but they are bit different. Closer to front end of fender is custom matched color. And on rear end is "Lexus ISF Ultrasonic Blue metallic". Both of them have additional layer with sparks. I chosen first one. Because it's much brighter on sun and have better play of contrast on surfaces.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A note to let you know the Carbomet Pads don't work too well in regular driving (they need heat before they perform well, like road course racing). They also emit a nasty very black brake dust, that will have you constantly cleaning your wheels and removing the black dust from your paint job on car.
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work, your car is coming together nicely!
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!
UCFieroCharger

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2 of them here? the red one and yellow at once?
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by UCFieroCharger:

2 of them here? the red one and yellow at once?

Yes.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock