Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Hi! I'm a nice guy from Russia, and here is my Plazma! (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hi! I'm a nice guy from Russia, and here is my Plazma! by Daniel H
Started on: 11-23-2009 05:58 PM
Replies: 380 (28785 views)
Last post by: ferrobi on 01-24-2024 06:30 AM
Daniel H

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fourth page! Ou yeah! I wait it so long!
IP: Logged
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Daniel H

189 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Ok! Here I got a question!

I was looking so long all around the engine(V6), but I'm wasn't understood: where most go connect to engine(or some pipe in cooling system) secondary pipe of heater? First coming out from thermostat housing, but where must be connected return pipe??? Anybody answer me!

And I got one more question:

I hear what american motors running only on mineral engine oil. Is it true? Why? Does they don't working on fully sinthetic oil (5W-40; 0W-40)?
billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thinking you rebuilt this engine? With a new rebuilt engine.. I always used dino oil. 5w 40 For break in
Then i would use synthetic oil. I tried Moble 1 0w 40 I didn't like it. Its just a little to thin for me.

A lot of the older american motors don't like real thin oils. But they love synthetic oil as long all the gaskets and seals are good.
Its just me I guess.. But I would not go any lower then 5w. But then it don't get real cold here.

Sorry can't help you on the heat piping. I ripped that 2.8 out as soon as I get my fiero.

[This message has been edited by billpapps (edited 07-14-2010).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW... I dont know how I missed this thread this whole time... Welcome to the forum. GREAT JOB. Cant wait to see the PLAZMA on the road. One of my favorite bodykits ever.

------------------
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8 ~4T6OE
SmoothGT~II

billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

WOW... I dont know how I missed this thread this whole time... Welcome to the forum. GREAT JOB. Cant wait to see the PLAZMA on the road. One of my favorite bodykits ever.

As much as I would love to see this as a PLAZMA. I think its a 86 SE. Still a great car!!!!
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we need to reproduce theplazma...archie get on it!!! =)
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daniel H:

I was looking so long all around the engine(V6), but I'm wasn't understood: where most go connect to engine(or some pipe in cooling system) secondary pipe of heater? First coming out from thermostat housing, but where must be connected return pipe??? Anybody answer me!

I hear what american motors running only on mineral engine oil. Is it true? Why? Does they don't working on fully sinthetic oil (5W-40; 0W-40)?

The heater core hoses come out on the passenger side of the gas tank. One goes up to the thermostat housing, but I can't remember where the other one goes. I think it is a nipple on the block.

As for Synthetic, you want to break in the engine with the crank case oil used for diesel engines. It contains more of the additives that are useful for break-in. After about 20 minutes of running time, drain the oil and put in the oil you intend to use long term. If you have new seals, Synthetic won't hurt them. If you have old seals, stick with regular oil. I use 5w30 in most cases, but I've been known to use 10w50 if I have a leaky engine.

Arn
billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arn made a good point about oil used for diesel engines. Being they took the zinc out of most the newer oils Not good on new flat tappet lifters/cams that the older engines run.
If your breaking in a new cam thats flat tappet lifters then Amsoiland most diesel oil has enough ZDDP for flat tappet cams, and one could use it for break in oil.
I don't know If your engine is Roller or flat tappet lifters. Or are you using the older cam and lifters?
If your using roller or using your older already broke in flat tappet lifters/cams. Then Oil additives are not as critical. Just need make sure the rings seat.

Lucas Makes Engine Break In Oil Additive with Zinc I have used. But I stopped using flat tappet lifters long time ago.

[This message has been edited by billpapps (edited 07-14-2010).]

GMplastic

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daniel,
Your technical and creative skills are amazing! The way you have taken on this project with attention to every detail is very, very inspirational.
Welcome to the forum and the Fiero community!

~~Dan aka GMplastic

------------------
Gold '87 GT, Black '87 GT, Black '88 Mera, 64 Stingray coupe, '01 Corvette coupe, '03 Corvette coupe & caretaker of son's Yellow '87 GT, & Other son's Red '86 GT,
General tinkerer and doer of mechanical deeds

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

we need to reproduce theplazma...archie get on it!!! =)

To get this deal repayable, there must be 20 - 30 orders at minimum. Is there even 10 guys who REALY ready PAY money for this kit NOW?
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Calipers coated with primer.

Make heat barrier pattern.

Calipers painted! Looks awesome!

Cutting heat barrier from Cool It Thermo Tec mat.

Done. 2 layers.

Installed

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 04-02-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,
You are doing a good job with your fiero!
Check this thread
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078255.html
There are tons of fiero manuals in PDF format. I am sure you will find something useful.
billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks likes your water cooling pipe is bent pretty bad.

So... Looks like you are not interested by my project... Ok, eat this:

Jeeez I'm interested!!! I'm sure others are to.

Originally posted by billpapps:
As much as I would love to see this as a PLAZMA. I think its a 86 SE. Still a great car!!!!

I did not realize this was a plazma build . Sweeet

[This message has been edited by billpapps (edited 07-16-2010).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daniel, I'm curious...

How hard is it to get parts over there? Can you find them locally or are you having them shipped in from the US or elsewhere?

Again, your work is quite beautiful.
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by billpapps:

Looks likes your water cooling pipe is bent pretty bad.

Maybe you'll be surprised, but it was rectified.

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

How hard is it to get parts over there? Can you find them locally or are you having them shipped in from the US or elsewhere?

So... It's depends from situation. Some details can be ordered there in one store what shiping details from US, some not. In example I wasn't find there CV shaft's tripod seal.
I was have in my garage other GM CV shaft(with exactly the same seal) what from i took it.
Some required details I planing to offer from Fierostore or Rockauto.
Nosferatu187

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nosferatu187Send a Private Message to Nosferatu187Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi Daniel,

I see your Fiero is an '86 so the other heater hose connects to the pipe that screws into the water pump:

About the oil, I broke in my rebuilt engine using regular engine oil, drove it for about 500 miles, changed the oil & filter, drove another 3,000 miles and then switched over to Mobil 1 synthetic and a Mobil 1 oil filter.

Mike

Sent you a PM.
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made new copper brake lines.

Tripod seal replacement.

Starting assembly cradle with engine.

Replaced seals

Connecting

Ready

Heat barrier to AC tubes made.

Heat shield installed

Long-awaited operation

Installed

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin great!
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couple pics for your interest!
It was just a tri-on. Details need trimming

chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doing a great job my friend, must be taking you a long time to do!

------------------

For Fiero Articles, Magazines, and Prototype Photos, visit: http://www.gt.ppdictionary.com
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daniel,

Nice project, but i am a bit confused. Is this (A) an overhaul of the red car pictured earlier in this thread, (B) the rebuild of the other missing Laura, or (C) a build up of an entirely new one ??

** EDIT **

* Nevermind i read the other thread and saw where this is a kit that was given to you, FREE, by someone named Dimitry (?). Was he one of the original builders ?

Also how about some pics of the kit itself and some more of your father's friend's car !

Thanks
Tony

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-20-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boy oh boy, I can't wait till this car is done...

Keep the pictures coming!
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, Exoticse!

This is "C" - entirely new one.

Someone named Dmitry is Dmitry Parfenov. Yes he is one of original builders of that project. Dmitry and my father and Alex was very good friends. They was(and still) mostly the best self-made car builders here in russia (and USSR earlier)

I don't got much photo of kit yet, because in first I doing the technical part of my car, and after that I will work on body. It will be one of the next operations. So if i will have enough time, soon you'll see much photos of bodywork process.

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 07-21-2010).]

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Daniel H

189 posts
Member since Oct 2009
About my father's friend's Laura (This is Dmitry Parfenov's Laura)
I don't know does he allow to post photos of his car... so I post one... only for you, guys... silently..

Unfortunately now photo is lost due to Imageshack delete my photos. (Edit 02.04.22)

Now he rebuilding it with northstar

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This will by my new hydro-e-brake.

Not sure if you know this or not, but I believe a hydraulic e-brake is going to cause some problems, depending on how you use it. If you don't intend on drifting your Fiero 24/7, then a hydraulic e-brake probably isn't going to do you any good. I'm too familiar with the laws across the pond, but I know in the US, it is the law to have a cable operated emergency brake. Also, I believe I read somewhere, that you can only have a hydraulic brake park your car for so long before it gives and no longer holds the car.

Just throwing that out there. Nice build!
Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Too bad that's not a factory Sunroof. Maybe someone can ship one over.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2010 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it looks like your making good progress, remember if there are any parts you need or are having a hard time finding, feel free to pm me or several others im sure.
it is not a problem to buy and ship parts to you it would most likely be cheeper to have someone here in the US do it, than do deal with some companys that will either refuse, or charge stupid fee's for doing it

------------------
AIM:Onefast2M8
00 VW GTi VR6 -- Not stock
06 VW GTi 2.0t

tiretread

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great build! You are the guy I want working on my fiero.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daniel does Dimtry still have the molds ?? how did he give you a kit ? Just happen to have an extra one laying around ?

Does he know what happened to the molds ?

What about the company that was offering turnkey cars a while back ? Was that Dimtry or someone else ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-23-2010).]

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

What about the company that was offering turnkey cars a while back ? Was that Dimtry or someone else ?

Yes, it was he. As i know, Laura project was closed by the reason of insufficient demand. Now they manufacturing high mobility luxury armored vehicle "COMBAT T98"

how did he give you a kit ? Just happen to have an extra one laying around ?

Oh... How much time ago it was!...
Think it was.. January of 2006... don't remember concretely.

It was extra one, laying around... in mountain of other plastic details....

Then, I'm with father and my brother came to Dmitry's manufactory to find other details from other car-project. When we came to the room there they must laying... there was a big mountain of different plastic details (hope I find couple photos later).
After whole day analysis of that debris, we was found details what we seeking for and full Laura/Plazma kit.

It was kit made by the second type set of the molds. Details made by this molds set requires a lot of prepare for painting work. That's why they was made third set of molds.
They was instant perfect quality.. Last one produced Laura was made by that molds.

Daniel does Dimtry still have the molds ??
Does he know what happened to the molds ?

Hmmm...
Now I'm keep the molds...

Plazma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2010 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PlazmaSend a Private Message to PlazmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow to hear dimtry knew Alex and they were good friends is very nice. They where the best designers in Russia glad to see you got a kit possibly the last kit?
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2010 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm...
Now I'm keep the molds...

You have the full mold set for the Laura?! Interesting…
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, for now it's a last kit.

Originally posted by dobey:

You have the full mold set for the Laura?! Interesting…

I have full exterior mold set.
I haven't interior molds... But I have access to the original interior details. So if I would need I can get molds...
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2010 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I still want to glass one off the molds. Minor things i want to change that would be "build up's" that wouldn't effect the overall molds. If they ever hit the states let me know please. Maybe i can rent them for a little while?
Janisv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JanisvSend a Private Message to JanisvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello!

We have the molds for LAURA too, exterior and interior. Full molds for LAURA/PLAZMA kit. If somebody are interested in this kit, we can make it.
Here is some pics. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077702.html
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, here is a some new interesting photos!
I was haven't any time to work on Plazma for last months. So long time car was standing and become dusty.

Ok, let's see what's new:

Here is a rear suspension

Ordered from Japanese auction amazing RAYS Volk Racing GT-C face1 17"

Work on wiring. Redone all wrap and corrugation.

Assembled all water pipes under hood. Made some modification to fit '87 engine on '86 car.

Reassembled clutch slave cilinder. Master too, but haven't photo

Start to trimming body panels to make it fit well.

Looks cool!

Stand high, because it's on stands.

I like it!

Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work Daniel!! It's coming along great! Can't wait to see the final product. I know it's going to be amazing!
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

[/QUOTE

I've seen this photo before.

Does anyone know if this guy is still alive or did he win a Dawin Award?

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
California

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Arizona85GT:

Nice work Daniel!! It's coming along great! Can't wait to see the final product. I know it's going to be amazing!

X2
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good! Can't wait to see it finished
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock