Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Hi! I'm a nice guy from Russia, and here is my Plazma! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hi! I'm a nice guy from Russia, and here is my Plazma! by Daniel H
Started on: 11-23-2009 05:58 PM
Replies: 380 (28823 views)
Last post by: ferrobi on 01-24-2024 06:30 AM
kyunderdawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, this thing is coming along fast!
IP: Logged
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope too, what work will go fast as it can!

No.. It's not a targa.. (that's only miror effect on surface of roof)

Wait for a people who "in the topic"....

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 12-02-2009).]

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Daniel H

189 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Originally posted by Daniel H:

Wait for a people who "in the topic"....

Here it is: "fourpoint9"

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 12-01-2009).]

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Daniel H

189 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Or legendary "Plazma" body kit.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Or legendary "Plazma" body kit.

Oh, no way!!!
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another country, another enthusiast.. I love this forum
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is going to be amazing!
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More photos Daniel !
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love this kit it looks a lot like a LANCIA STRATOS.
f-stop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f-stopSend a Private Message to f-stopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Daniel,

I took this picture in St. Petersburg last year:

It was in front of this building:

I enjoyed my visit to your city very much.

f-stop

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum Daniel H.
PFF
System Bot
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh f-stop, you a lucky guy! See Fiero in Saint-Petersburg is big luck!

I saw this black one, one time! Same I saw blue one couple of times and red one, what was with burned right side... It's all of stock Fieros I saw. There is couple Fieros I know, but i don't see them no one time.

Also here is couple of Lauras. One is my father's friend's(from that I have owned engine), and one is advertising standing in pedestal near one car dealer's shop.

This one is father's friend's (now got Northstar 4.6 and much modifications) I don't remrmber where is other photos

That's other. I was seen her fotos in that forum in yellow, but now she repainted in red.

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 03-26-2022).]

faalvino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faalvinoSend a Private Message to faalvinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love what you doing here!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the Forum Daniel H.
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi! here i got couple of questions about my fiero and couple of photos of progress!

The question is: From wich modification of Fiero I got brakes?

That I got at front(I know it's need to be replaced ):

That I got at rear:

Here is progress:
Front right arch: Cleaned up

and acid primer coated:

Rear: before cleaning:

After:

Here is a preparing to paintwork:

It's my father, helps me with paintwork:

Body totally cleaned up&painted! Ready!

Next I will work at front suspension and rear cradle&suspension cleaning!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow!

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sandstone or metal? Holy cow that is rusty...
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Daniel H, I admire your project and realize it must be difficult to find parts for a Fiero in Russia so If you post your mailing address here, I don't want to promise but I'll check at the post office to see how much shipping would be, possibly I could send you a few things. I have some new unused Fiero replacement parts that I am never going to use. ball joints etc. They are not worth much here but may be helpful to you. You are doing a nice job restoring your car, The rear cradle is something that is famous for rusting, I had to replace a bad one because of the rust where the lower control arms attach. keep up the good work. Rob
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rourke_87_T-Top:

Hi Daniel H, I admire your project and realize it must be difficult to find parts for a Fiero in Russia so If you post your mailing address here, I don't want to promise but I'll check at the post office to see how much shipping would be, possibly I could send you a few things. I have some new unused Fiero replacement parts that I am never going to use. ball joints etc. They are not worth much here but may be helpful to you. You are doing a nice job restoring your car, The rear cradle is something that is famous for rusting, I had to replace a bad one because of the rust where the lower control arms attach. keep up the good work. Rob

Yes, Same here. I am always in the salvage yards here in the USA. Plenty of scrap Fieros.[you would be amazed what americans throw away] Email me I will try to look for parts there for you too. Good luck with your car and Welcome to the Fiero madness. Ed
GT86FASTBACK

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From Russia Huh??? Da. Ochin Harasho. Ya panimaqo ruski... Malko...
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great to see you getting everything down to bare metal.
It's the proper thing to do in your situation.

Wow...even your floor jack is rusty.

Kit
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes cradle is very rusty! So I'm planning send it to sandblasting(hope I called right termin in English) for cleaning.

So can anybody say from what modification is that brakes? Please, it very interested me

Big thanks to rourke_87_T-Top and ED77KATR for propose help! I think I will need it later, because some small details is absence... When I make up list of required parts, I will wrote to you!

Originally posted by ED77KATR:

you would be amazed what americans throw away

Ooh I well known about it! Where a good working cars are! I'm going very upset when I see american salvage yards in films or on a TV! I also saw what your police doing with a street racing cars! I saw clip where few tuned cool Honda's was destroyed thru break into pieces!!! It was sad too see! Maybe I can wrote them too send me couple of these cars ....
http://www.youtube.com/watc...ure=player_embedded.

[This message has been edited by Daniel H (edited 12-14-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2009 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the comparison: that cars what you have in your's salvage yards, example some old bad condition american sedan of 70th, here in russia value more than 15000$

Some Camaro '70 or classic Mustang priced more than 50000$ Corvette '70 is near 100000$
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2009 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What, no body knows from what modification of Fiero my brakes is?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2009 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What, no body knows from what modification of Fiero my brakes is?

86 to 92 pontiac 6000 front brakes and uprights used in the rear with 115 mm bolt patern
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That what was made for last weeks:

Sandblasted and acid primer coated:

Cleaned and painted:

Assembled and ready to install:

Ready:

DavePatron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DavePatronClick Here to visit DavePatron's HomePageSend a Private Message to DavePatronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats a helluva kit! i see its raining as usual in Washington lol
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome results Daniel!
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Daniel, I've been following your thread and I understand the difficulty with parts. With your brakes, the cheapest way to proceed is to replace them with the GrandAm/Beretta setup. If you don't need a parking/emergency brake in Russia, it is cheapest. If you need an ebrake it is a little more.

You can order the parts you need on line at www.rockauto.com

Here are two threads to help you out

The first one is a long thread and goes through alot, but you'll get all the info.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/072173.html

The second one tells you how to install the ebrake with the upgraded system

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/083566.html

The Grand Am brakes are a whole lot cheaper than Fiero parts. The Grand Am is a much heavier car and the brakes with the larger brake booster make the car much safer and stop really well.

I hope this helps.

Arn
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for an update... Hows it coming together Daniel ?
faalvino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faalvinoSend a Private Message to faalvinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow great progress Daniel, I love what you doing!!!

Keep up the good work.

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT 5 speed
*NYFOC*

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, guys!

Hope you don't forget about me!

My building process is get slow down, but it's keep going!

Let's see some photos!

Here is shocks installation process:
It's my new adjustible shocks. Yes, it's "Rancho", I don't joke ...

Try on

Here it is

Making adapters for upper mount

Adapters ready

I was have a problem with dusters for shocks, because dusters, what came in complect with shocks is can't be mounted! No way! It's don't fit with this shock, because they are too narrow. And I was forced too search the exit. That what I thought:
(i dont know name of this drink on english, may be some one gives me a hint) I was drank it, and then i do something with bottle

I was needed to drank couple of them. It wasn't difficult... and even some pretty...

And here is my new dusters, made from a plastic bottle

Assembled

Stickers added

Mounted. Looks nice!

Tomorrow I will post next couple of photos...

PFF
System Bot
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!

Keep up the good work!

~Tyler
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'll have to tell us how they ride. Looks like a great option for front shocks. What is the Rancho part number ?

What will you use for the rear Struts ?
Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I can say is WOW! Those drinks (dust covers) sure look like Dannon yogurt drink! If so, I bet you were very "regular" for the next few days!

You are doing an amazing job on this car, and I can't wait to see what it looks like when you are done! With that said, don't keep us in the dark, your updates are awe inspiring.

Also, as stated before by other members, your english is quite good (I have no problem reading through it) for not being your primary language.

Kudos to you and your work!

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
'88 SE
'86 GT
'87 GT Extreme body mod and 2.8L Turbo Propane powered (in the garage and getting closer to being completed)

Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all you!
About "Rancho" part number tell you later. Don't know yet how it will ride, but I can say they got wery big adjustment range! From soft to very hard!
Also don't know yet about rear struts...
Rufus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rufus88Send a Private Message to Rufus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Daniel,

Welcome to the forum. I've seen a lot of European shows that claim Americans only build cars that go in a straight line, I'm very grateful that you have bought an American car that disproves that theory.

I've read your thread for the first time and would like to give you a suggestion. If I were in Russia trying to build up a Fiero, I would use parts that I could get more easily. There is someone on this forum, an American I think, that used a Volkswagon V6 engine and transmission in his Fiero. I have also seen someone use brake calipers from a Nissan 300ZX. For the brake upgrades in America we use, for the most part, other American vehicles; because they are easily acquired and less expensive here, mainly the Corvette and Dodge Viper, and less expensive is the Berretta and also Chrysler Lebaron. I'm not sure if any of these will work but I know the bolt pattern is the same:

Subaru Legacy, Imprezza, Outback Wagon, Forester from 1990 to present
Toyota Cellica (all years), Camry, new Cellica GT and GTS from years 1986 to present
Volkswagon Golf 3, Jetta 3, Passat GLX, Corrado, Jetta 4, Golf 4, Beetle 1992 to present

Again, I don't know the backspacing on these cars rotors or inner diameter of the rotor itself, I also don't know what modifications to the Fiero spindle knuckle, or custom bracket for the calipers to work. I also don't know if the thread for the brake lines would work, you'd have to figure that out. But, if you ever had to replace something, you'd know you could just walk down to the local parts store and pick up another one. Also, try Opel they might have something that works since they were more associated with GM until recently.

In America we pride ourselves on our ingenuity, we call it "redneck engineering", exactly like what you did for your shock dust boots. That made me and I'm sure many Americans very proud of you. In America we also used to modify Japanese vehicles with engines that were only available in Japan. Our laws changed so we adapted, now we install Corvette engines in our Mazda RX7s, Miatas, Nissan Z cars, 240SXs (Silvias), and Toyota Supras. If I lived in Europe, I'd still own a Fiero, because I'm crazy about this car; but I'd build it with a BMW V8 mounted to a Volkwagon transmission, steering rack from a Lotus, brakes from a Lamborghini, suspension from an Audi and so on and so on. It'd still be a Fiero, just more accustomed to local parts stores and mechanic shops. Good luck and keep us informed!

Rufus
Daniel H

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel HSend a Private Message to Daniel HEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, everybody!
Here is a promised photos:

Underframe disassembled:

Hmm... clean works was needed(now it's all done but photo will be posted later)

Gearbox taked off

EGR is going to the garbage...

Crankshaft rear oil seal is dead(Now is replaced)

Clutch disk was wearout. There I was searched disc in some shops what trading american parts. But they all said what they can bring only full clutch kit(what I don' needed). And then father proposed me to rivet other friction strap...

Fiero disc

Donor disc (Toyota 1KZ-TE)

Done:

Ordered and recieved repair manual.

Remark: All these photo was done some time ago. Now process is in some other condition. Hope tomorrow I give you some more photos(If I don't be too lazy)
Note: If you see some mistakes, please correct me. My english is not so good...

Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That clutch disk rescue was absolutely BRILLIANT!!! Awesome!
DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great ingenuity you have Daniel! This is a great thread to read!

Don't worry about your English, it makes way more sense than most of Pontiackid's posts
Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Freaking Amazing.. These little cars are in Russia.

I can not wait for more pictures.. You guys are doing an incredible job!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock