Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  My Wife’s 88 T-Top Chop-Top LS4 Build (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Wife’s 88 T-Top Chop-Top LS4 Build by F355spider
Started on: 06-15-2011 10:37 PM
Replies: 728 (65564 views)
Last post by: KVCFIERO on 05-08-2020 03:47 PM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

Yesterday was a rough day. I was eating lunch and looked behind the building next door to the Dairy Queen and saw two Fieros. I went by and ask if he needed to buy a good 2.8. He said he had bought the cars for his son a few years ago (1997). I looked and he had four. One of the cars was a dark green. I have never seen a factory dark Green Fiero but it was so faded it had to be the original paint. One was an SE one an 84 and an 88. When he told me he had no money to buy the engine. I walked away. Why is it so hard to walk away from Fieros sitting weathering away?

Pics? You know we love pics, even if it's a bit depressing. Could you ask to see the green one again and take a pic of the vin and RPO?
IP: Logged
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

I wished Santa would of brought me a box of goodies like that.

Call Joe you might get the easter bunny to bring you a gift?

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Pics? You know we love pics, even if it's a bit depressing. Could you ask to see the green one again and take a pic of the vin and RPO?

I will see what I can do this guy is not the norm. His yard if full of junk and cars.

I noticed I should replace the ball joints in Gianina's Fiero but I am having a hard time finding them. The uppers are the problem and finding ones that are made in the USA. I noticed the Fiero store has a set uppers and lowers but the do not give the name brand and they are cheap so I would think that means made in China. I will check with NAPA tomorrow..
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2011 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered new ball joints they should be in tomorrow. I could only get the bottom ones. Tops still feel ok so I will leave them for now. If all goes well I will get the front end back together this weekend. The car has KYB shocks so I will leave them also. I need to Hurry Gianina was at the Dealership today looking at a new black SS Camaro convertible.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started replacing the ball joints today.

I thought I would show how I remove the old rubber. I do not burn out the rubber . I use a drill and it works great.

I tryed to get the pictures of the process.

The drill will spin the rubber out

It will also just tap out without much trouble

[This message has been edited by F355spider (edited 12-29-2011).]

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Surprised that you didn't pick up the 88 for the extra cradle.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Surprised that you didn't pick up the 88 for the extra cradle.

I thought about it but decided to walk away. It might have been different if the cars have not been sitting in one spot for over ten years. Every car had the rear battery vent removed and the wires crumbled in my hands. The 88 is a basic coupe.

Happy NEW YEAR everyone!
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I burned out my bushings before & distinctly remember wondering if there was a better way...probably with a press.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-01-2012).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2012 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

I burned out my bushings before & distinctly remember wondering if there was a better way...probably with a press.

It works great might help the next guy. I have the front end back together and did a little fiber glassing. I have to think about how I want to do the doors.
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2012 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ahh, thank you for sharing that. I wondered if it would work. A + for you, since I'm about to do this and didn't want to burn them out!
Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2012 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure you have a spare bit when you do this. It does work well, but I have broken one in the past.

Also try it in your drill press. Move the A-arm to the bit and let it work itself around.

[This message has been edited by Fiero38SC (edited 01-10-2012).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2012 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a little more work to the car. I'm working on the rear wheel wells and the wrap around spoiler. I ordered some 2011 camaro side mirrors but they still have not arrived.

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2012 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice.
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2012 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gianina came home from work and gave a once over of her car.

She had a few words then left me to it.

A few more shots of the Spoiler progress.

Getting ready for some glass.

Thats it for now.
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
God I wish I had your skills!. I love the look so far and the choice for the front looks amazing.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lucky wife.
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did a little more work to the car. I'm working on the rear wheel wells and the wrap around spoiler. I ordered some 2011 camaro side mirrors but they still have not arrived.

LOVEN IT !!!!!!!!! Waiting to see your doors and how it will all fit together.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good keep up the good work.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2012 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought some camaro mirrors from Amazon for less than 40 bucks each but not sure if I will use them. Will have to wait and see but they do not work with the flow at this time when held up to the car.

They look good and are power

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2012 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[/QUOTE]

You mounting them in the stock location?
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2012 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking good, been a while since I checked in on the build. Hope to see it in person since you moved closer to Austin.
PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2012 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

You mounting them in the stock location?[/QUOTE]

They will have to be ajusted to fit

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Still looking good, been a while since I checked in on the build. Hope to see it in person since you moved closer to Austin.

I'm looking forward to it.

I started on the doors today

Set up for some glass

With the first coat

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2012 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pulled the door skins today.

Just stuck it up to see how it fit.

Lota work to go
RumbleB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2012 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is going on about the door handle and the molding, in the new skin?
Big Paul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2012 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you use Great stuff (or maybe it's good stuff? I don't remember.) expanding foam? I tried that stuff and it didn't work very well. Let it sit for over a day and when I started sanding it the inside was still all sticky and wet. It was like the inside of an alien. I haven't had good experiences with it. maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Very nice car! This is a sick build! I've been following it for a while, but I think this is my first time posting on this thread. Can't wait to see more!
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RumbleB:

What is going on about the door handle and the molding, in the new skin?

No handle or molding I'm thinking of doing the handle like JScott has on his blue chop.

Originally posted by Big Paul:

Did you use Great stuff (or maybe it's good stuff? I don't remember.) expanding foam? I tried that stuff and it didn't work very well. Let it sit for over a day and when I started sanding it the inside was still all sticky and wet. It was like the inside of an alien. I haven't had good experiences with it. maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Very nice car! This is a sick build! I've been following it for a while, but I think this is my first time posting on this thread. Can't wait to see more!

Yea use it in small strips. let it dry and add it more and let it dry. Then it will dry solid and sand like great stuff should.
Thanks,

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had a little time to work on the car. Decided to work on the rear wheel wells

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Had a little time to work on the car. Decided to work on the rear wheel wells

Mike your car looks amazing as always. You still holding out to buy that new Vette?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2012 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Mike your car looks amazing as always. You still holding out to buy that new Vette?

Nice to see you post. If my wife gets her way after buying the house she wants the vette will be a memory. She smiles and tells me she might let me drive her Fiero.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you should just take a Fiero and build the "Vette" transformer.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Who knows? What I will do next.
PFF
System Bot
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That would be cool.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made a template for the back window today. I will see about getting it cut this week.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Template for back window is at the glass shop. I'm thinking of putting the ls4 in while I have the rear clip off. It would be a lot easyer. Just not sure.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Template for back window is at the glass shop. I'm thinking of putting the ls4 in while I have the rear clip off. It would be a lot easyer. Just not sure.

I would go for it, this is the best time to get the mechanical done while the body is not in the way.

Project looks good. Joe
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

I would go for it, this is the best time to get the mechanical done while the body is not in the way.

Project looks good. Joe

Yea I think it would be a lot better to do the swap at this time. I picked up the back glass today.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to get the back window in the car.

Not much else going on.

trimming a few edges

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004
I>

[This message has been edited by F355spider (edited 02-23-2012).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004
somehow I ended up with three post

[This message has been edited by F355spider (edited 02-23-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2012 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spider this is looking soooo cool !
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock