Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  My Wife’s 88 T-Top Chop-Top LS4 Build (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Wife’s 88 T-Top Chop-Top LS4 Build by F355spider
Started on: 06-15-2011 10:37 PM
Replies: 728 (65538 views)
Last post by: KVCFIERO on 05-08-2020 03:47 PM
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Progress has been slow but I plan to get down there and kick Mike in his ass to finish this thing up sometime this year. I'll take pictures and post anything he will let me when I'm down there.

Ben
IP: Logged
KVCFIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Progress has been slow but I plan to get down there and kick Mike in his ass to finish this thing up sometime this year. I'll take pictures and post anything he will let me when I'm down there.

Ben

Did you get down there? I was hoping to see if there has been any progress. I have not seen anything updated on his website in a long time. I guess I will have to come up there and kick both of you in the ass.

Kevin
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could always use one! I saw him Last weekend at our club meeting and told him I'm just going to knock on his door one Friday and tell him he better be ready to work in the morning. lol
Diamond Dave

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2014 05:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond DaveSend a Private Message to Diamond DaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang doubles.

[This message has been edited by Diamond Dave (edited 04-05-2014).]

Diamond Dave

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2014 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond DaveSend a Private Message to Diamond DaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Diamond Dave

81 posts
Member since Feb 2014
What is really sad is that ratings seem to be so important to some. All the 49, 000 visitors had to have come away with something good out of this. I was a late comer to this thread and I really got turned off by all the bad mouths that were on here earlier. Even Archie was a very negative , opinionated, ass. The really sad part is all the many others of us here who have watched this build in awe and benefited so much are now left behind wondering and wishing we could see the finished product.

I would hope that Mr. Spider would consider all the real fans he had here and finish his post. Screw the ratings dude. Most of us here love where you were headed and wished we could've done the same. I myself would finish it for all the people who were hooked on this build and not listen or care about any of the negative crap that went on here. Spider do it for us and yourself. That should be reward enough.
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

I was able to get some time to get the other side done.

I will try to get some work done on the back bumper today.

I just started looking at this thread for the first time today, so i have a lot of catching up to do, but this really caught my eye. I really love your low tech, but truly ingenious way of mirroring the fender on both sides!

It just goes to show that you don't need all the hi tech cad software and CNC machinery to get a truly amazing product! It just takes a little brainpower, that's all!
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just spoke to Mike over the weekend. He got the exhaust system finished up. He has family in town so not sure when he will want me to come help out. The car cranks and runs but still needs the body work, interior and some wiring for gauges and accessories finished up. Archie and him have been butting heads for years. I don't think he is going to come back to the forum because it's a lot easier to work when you're not having to stop every few minutes to document how you have done something. Plus it's a lot less stressful without dealing with the B.S. from some people here.

Front end Mirrors

Fuel Door. He had to heat the factory door and mold it to fit the curve.

Exhaust and rear bumper

Ben

[This message has been edited by Marine1981 (edited 03-10-2014).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ben tell mike i said the car looks freaking awesome !

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Ben tell mike i said the car looks freaking awesome !

He said "Thank You" he is actually working on bodywork this weekend.
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the updates Ben.
sniper69

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sniper69Send a Private Message to sniper69Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like it is coming along nicely. I bet it is going to look awesome once he has everything the way that he wants it.
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking fantastic my friend!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did you guys hinge the gas door? I have similar issue with Johnys car maybe I can glean an idea off ya to make it simple!
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe he used the stock assembly. He just modified it to work with the changes in the body.

hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

After knowing the LS4 runs I started fitting the body parts again. Gianina wanted me to post a picture o the progress. I picked up some parts to get the shifter linkage working (I hope) will try to get some time to do that this weekend.

That looks soooooooooooooooo........ NICE. I live in Austin and I can not wait for you to finish so you can do mine. LOL!! I bought a T-Top out of California last year but I would not think of attempting what you are doing. You have skills and I like the concept that is in your head that you are bringing to life. Keep up the good work.

KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any new updates pics
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you live in Austin you should meet up with us sometime. https://www.facebook.com/groups/BatCityFieros/ We post our upcoming events there. Our next one is in June.

Here are all the new pics I have. I helped out a little bit on the wiring but I'm not much good at it. LOL

Headlights

Sail Panels, I think they are going to be changed but not sure.

Running Lights

Brake Light
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is interested in purchasing the car he will sell it as is for 15,000. I think he will take 10,000 for the engine and trans. I believe that includes the wiring harness but I'm not sure.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

If anyone is interested in purchasing the car he will sell it as is for 15,000. I think he will take 10,000 for the engine and trans. I believe that includes the wiring harness but I'm not sure.

I just went through this whole build and found it to be very in depth but seemed like a really cool idea. I love the ls4 build as well.

AND yet at the end I find out he is selling this? Man, I'd convince him to finish the build and enjoy the car.

If you get the chance ask him if the ls4 is worth it as far as like money,time,complexity versus a l67 swap.

------------------
The wetter the better

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:
I just went through this whole build and found it to be very in depth but seemed like a really cool idea. I love the ls4 build as well.

AND yet at the end I find out he is selling this? Man, I'd convince him to finish the build and enjoy the car.

If you get the chance ask him if the ls4 is worth it as far as like money,time,complexity versus a l67 swap.

I have tried to convince him to finish it and have kept the project going a little bit but he has been wanting to sell it for a while now. In my opinion and his the L67 is an easier swap. He believes an LS4 with the right tune would beat a 3800 SC.
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to call and it is true he wants to sell or if he sells the engine swap he will part out after that. I do understand and from talking to him I'm afraid his health is worse than he was telling me. with what he told me about the test he has had and doctor visits, I'm starting to think he is afraid to keep doing the body work needed to finish. I did not know he was as old as he is also. He has another doctor visit with more lung ex-rays next week.
PFF
System Bot
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Noticed the car is still on craigslist, http://sanantonio.craigslis.../cto/4784343570.html It is hard to believe someone out there has not picked this car up. I guess everyone is broke like me.
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2014 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KVCFIERO:

Noticed the car is still on craigslist, http://sanantonio.craigslis.../cto/4784343570.html It is hard to believe someone out there has not picked this car up. I guess everyone is broke like me.

I love this car myself. Two kids in collage and two in high school plus two Fieros puts me out on the bidding. He did not cut corners on this job and I hope whoever buys keeps in touch with this forum. Most of all, I hope his health improves.

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 12-28-2014).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2015 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I LOVE the LS4 I have in my GT. Even with an automatic trans, it is a lot of fun to drive. If the conversion was done right, buying a turn key conversion is definitely worthwhile. But I would want the cradle (without suspension) with complete axles and complete wire harness and exhaust system for that price. This stuff is A LOT of work, and a turn key saves A LOT of time.
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the car might be going to a shop to get some work done soon. Things are better health wise and being a do it yourself guy it is very hard for him to let someone work on his cars. I volunteered to help him move it so I will post again when we take the car to the shop for anyone that has followed this thread as I have. I will do my best to get some pictures
pdemondo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pdemondoSend a Private Message to pdemondoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That rear view of this car is amazing!! WOW. The way the rear clip, spoiler, rear bumper, and tail lights come together is perfectly!!!

[This message has been edited by pdemondo (edited 04-21-2015).]

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car may be going into a barn to sit until someone buys it. Shame it won't get finished.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic looking car. Maybe once he walks away from it for a while he'll get re-inspired and take it off the market.
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a movie clip of the car on UTube it looks awesome moving.
dskebo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dskeboSend a Private Message to dskeboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I watched the video and all I could hear was that belt squealing sound. My ls4 sounded just like it until I marked the balancer with
a Dykem orange paint stick to see if it was slipping. No joke the squealing has gone completely away not even a chirp at any rpm.
Mine squealed so loud it hurt. Turns out the outer ring slips on the rubber and the paint bonded them together.
I almost forgot the car looks amazing.

[This message has been edited by dskebo (edited 05-19-2015).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2015 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is there a link to the video ?
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2015 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbtqKJAbDtw

Originally posted by exoticse:

is there a link to the video ?

KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dskebo:

I watched the video and all I could hear was that belt squealing sound. My ls4 sounded just like it until I marked the balancer with
a Dykem orange paint stick to see if it was slipping. No joke the squealing has gone completely away not even a chirp at any rpm.
Mine squealed so loud it hurt. Turns out the outer ring slips on the rubber and the paint bonded them together.
I almost forgot the car looks amazing.

He said the belt started sqealling after it got wet but was going to change it when it gets back from shop it is at getting tuned. He also said thanks for the tip and he will paint the pully also.
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2015 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are new videos on utube. It looks so sexy on the road. I wish they lasted longer. Just little teasers
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2015 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah His wife was the one filming. I told him I will come do the body work if he tells me HOW to do it if he will keep it. I have no clue how to do the body work. Pretty sure his wife does not want him to sell it.

On the way to the shop

Teaser 1

Teaser 2

Teaser 3
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2015 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard its up forsale again.
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

I heard its up forsale again.

Never went off the market AFAIK. You should buy this one Tom!
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Anyone have good credit and want a T-Top Chop Top?
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know how much it was for sale for? I am thinking about building an LS Fiero, probably with a chop top, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE T-Tops.

Distance will be an issue though.

Still would like to know a price.
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He has over $15,000 in it but will trade for the SC kit and wheels he wants for his Mustang.

SC Kit
SC Kit

These wheels in Gun Metal or Silver. Forgestar F14, 18x9 for the front and 18x11 for the rear.

This link isn't Quite them because the rears are 18x10 not 18x11
Wheels
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock