Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  My Wife’s 88 T-Top Chop-Top LS4 Build (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Wife’s 88 T-Top Chop-Top LS4 Build by F355spider
Started on: 06-15-2011 10:37 PM
Replies: 728 (65564 views)
Last post by: KVCFIERO on 05-08-2020 03:47 PM
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After knowing the LS4 runs I started fitting the body parts again. Gianina wanted me to post a picture o the progress. I picked up some parts to get the shifter linkage working (I hope) will try to get some time to do that this weekend.

IP: Logged
KVCFIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see an update. Good to hear it is running again. Do you think it will be on the road this year or really another ten years?
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not going to take 10 years. I saw the car tonight and heard it run. There is still a lot of work to do on the body but I think it's going to go faster now that the final shape is set. As long as he doesn't make any more drastic changes that is lol
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all I can say to that updated photo is... WOW
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2013 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spent the day working on the shifter. I'm not giving up until it shifts through all gears. It is very close but late so I will fine tune it tomorrow. This setup worked best for me. I want to have ever gear usable through the shifter.

Once I get this done it can move on its own again without pushing it. I've been working on the bodywork but at this point I can work all day and it will look the same so not a lot of pictures of Frankenstein.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
working the doors out getting close.

I might have this thing all in primmer in a few weeks.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took a picture of the vocal cords today. Ran the car a little and checked the air fuel ratio and fuel pressure at idle and revs. I worked it through some gears so I know it will move at least. I still have to decide how I want to do the tips out the rear of the car.

diabloroadster

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although its a little late, if you end up to were your not happy with your exhaust and want to redo it- you can use this muffler= http://www.ebay.com/itm/330...id=p3984.m1423.l2649

It might give you a little more room with less bends.....
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by diabloroadster:

Although its a little late, if you end up to were your not happy with your exhaust and want to redo it- you can use this muffler= http://www.ebay.com/itm/330...id=p3984.m1423.l2649

There is a reason why I did the exhaust like it is. I am happy with it. Thanks for the tip on the muffler it might help others.
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think those pipes look sweet always glad to see updates. Keep them coming please
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KVCFIERO:

I think those pipes look sweet always glad to see updates. Keep them coming please

Thanks I decided to use a 97 cluster the 98 is run by the ECM. Thanks
JScott
PFF
System Bot
renderareason

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for renderareasonSend a Private Message to renderareasonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by diabloroadster:

Have you used, or heard this muffler on anyone's setup? I'm curious as to how loud it is. The dual setup above is probably much more street friendly, and it looks like a work of art!
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by renderareason:

Have you used, or heard this muffler on anyone's setup? I'm curious as to how loud it is. The dual setup above is probably much more street friendly, and it looks like a work of art!

Thanks, The idea was to as you said have a car that was not to loud on the street. More like a 5.0 mustang sound with the deep mellow sound. I still have to make the tips but the sound is good. The best part was the flowmasters are almost new and free! I have a wiring mess.

Still working on wires.

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2013 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would rather take a test on Chinese Algebra than mess with wiring. I can hook up a stereo but that's about it. It's coming along!
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

I would rather take a test on Chinese Algebra than mess with wiring. I can hook up a stereo but that's about it. It's coming along!

I don’t like wiring at all but I have to do it. I used to have Stu to help knock it out for me. JScott is helping with dash diagrams that are a lot of help. Working on the back bumper again. I keep jumping around on it. If you and Becky are free Monday we are having a neighbor hood BBQ at the pool. Elmar and I are cooking. You will have to bring your own beer.
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are those FR500 Rims?

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierokid87:

Are those FR500 Rims?

Yes they are. I got them from American Muscle
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

Yes they are. I got them from American Muscle

American muscle with exotic curves. looking for more updates.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

American muscle with exotic curves. looking for more updates.

Not a lot to update. Just a lot of sanding.
Thanks
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any idea what show you will debut her at ?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Any idea what show you will debut her at ?

I was really hoping it would be the 30th but that will not happen. Maybe the end of this year? I have always wanted to have a car at Daytona. I hope the interior will not be to time consuming. If I had the money I would just buy one of Amida's ready to bolt in and get Mr. Mike seats to match. But with my daughter at A&M I will go with what I have and spend more labor time myself on it. I find myself going out in the garage just to look at it though. It is coming along really nice. I hope to get a few more pictures up this weekend.
Thanks,
PFF
System Bot
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was really hoping it would be the 30th but that will not happen. Maybe the end of this year? I have always wanted to have a car at Daytona. I hope the interior will not be to time consuming. If I had the money I would just buy one of Amida's ready to bolt in and get Mr. Mike seats to match. But with my daughter at A&M I will go with what I have and spend more labor time myself on it. I find myself going out in the garage just to look at it though. It is coming along really nice. I hope to get a few more pictures up this weekend.
Thanks,

I hope it is a show I can be at. I have never seen anything like it.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hope it is a show I can be at. I have never seen anything like it.

Thanks, If and when that day comes and you cannot. I'm sure we could meet up in Laredo for lunch.

Still sanding and sanding and more sanding.

KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2013 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, If and when that day comes and you cannot. I'm sure we could meet up in Laredo for lunch.

Still sanding and sanding and more sanding.

That will be a plan. Got any new pictures?
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:
hurry and get that thing a running, i want to ride in an LS4 Fiero.
maybe i can sweet talk some LS4 Fiero owner at the 30th for a ride w/o having to do something unspeakable in return.

got me a ride in one at the 30th, you will not be disappointed or at least i wasn't.

anything new progress?
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I meet Spider for lunch in Laredo yesterday. He was in town looking at a 1969 Z28 to buy. I ask why he had not updated his build in over a month and I have good news for a few and bad news for the rest. He is done posting on Pennocks. I won’t get into the details or repeat his words but it seems the rating bar and how a few people use it to act like children got to him. He took a lot of time from his work, to take pictures, post build threads. I think this forum lost a great guy that had a lot of talent to share but he will not be the first or the last. That I am sure of.
Kevin
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I meet Spider for lunch in Laredo yesterday. He was in town looking at a 1969 Z28 to buy. I ask why he had not updated his build in over a month and I have good news for a few and bad news for the rest. He is done posting on Pennocks. I won’t get into the details or repeat his words but it seems the rating bar and how a few people use it to act like children got to him. He took a lot of time from his work, to take pictures, post build threads. I think this forum lost a great guy that had a lot of talent to share but he will not be the first or the last. That I am sure of.
Kevin

Wow,...another good one gone !

That sucks.
RumbleB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RumbleBSend a Private Message to RumbleBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! I was enjoying this thread. This is a shame.
Just goes to show that this rating system just doesn't work.
It is too liberal in how it is run. To many children, on here, think it is a game.
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with him and Cliff just doesn't get this. You have a group of idiots who continual antagonize some and red mark just because. The system of moderation for someone acting like a jerk is best and the right way. I know I was banned over a thief that all the Liberals thought was a good kid. Well after I was banned for calling him out he ripped a bunch of folks off for allot of money. I have seen a few others go like this and I have seen many who need to be banned not because after they have a few thousand post the can continue to screw with people for along time.

It is broken. Rick

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 07-10-2013).]

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, definitely going to be missed. One of the few guys that BUILDS cars with new ideas. Always had respect for him building his cars with his hands, not his checkbook.
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drove up to visit Michael this weekend and to check out the car. I wanted to see the progress and he was giving me some spare parts I need for my car. I was star struck. I first saw the car right after the chop when it still had most of the Fiero body on it. He has the Trans am dash in the car and so much more done from his last post. I was impressed at how different the car looks in person. I was shocked on the color. He has a little of the car painted and it was not what I was expecting.
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I miss Mike posting.
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to some salvage yards with Mike on Saturday and picked out some mirrors for the Chop Top. I don't think they have ever been used on a Fiero before either but I'm not sure. He is slowly making progress. He has the brake upgrade installed and is working on getting all the gauges working in the cluster.
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I certainly hope Mike changes his mind about the forum. This was/is one of my favorite build threads on here. His attention to detail and fabrication and body skills never cease to amaze me. I so want to see a finished product someday and would love to see the current progress.
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been trying to go down and lend a hand but I always have things come up. Next time I get down there I will snap a few pics. It's coming along though!

Ben
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed Gianina has a link to updated pictures to Spiders web sight on her Facebook. The headlights on picture is cool and those mirrors Ben mentioned look mean on the car.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He is done posting on Pennocks. I won’t get into the details or repeat his words but it seems the rating bar and how a few people use it to act like children got to him. He took a lot of time from his work, to take pictures, post build threads. I think this forum lost a great guy that had a lot of talent to share but he will not be the first or the last.
Kevin

I may have gotten my "Neg" ratings from Off Topic talking about politics and other such upsetting stuff but I don't understand why the ratings system is used to cut down productive members in other sections? Shame I guess, just seems to easy to just not open a thread if you don't like the person who started it or are just not interested in the project in the thread? Live and let live?

donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2013 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still hoping Mike come back. One of my favorite threads. Hope he and his wife have a happy holiday!
sniper69

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2013 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sniper69Send a Private Message to sniper69Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any pics or updates of the build?
Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2013 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Darn. This was one of the few Construction threads I really follow now a days...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock