Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  My Wife’s 88 T-Top Chop-Top LS4 Build (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
My Wife’s 88 T-Top Chop-Top LS4 Build by F355spider
Started on: 06-15-2011 10:37 PM
Replies: 728 (65522 views)
Last post by: KVCFIERO on 05-08-2020 03:47 PM
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2013 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As soon as I get my car out of Mike's way I will be able to come help on the body work. At least you are making progress on it. If you stop making body mods to it it might be done this year! lol
IP: Logged
diabloroadster

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

I get to pick up the engine harness tomorrow. Bad news is the yard gave me a Cadillac Northstar ECM (same part number but different program) back when so I had to get another ECM. I guess I will ebay the Northstar one to try to recoup that. Looks like I will get away from the body and work on getting the fuel lines and exhaust hooked up. I will get it running next before I get back to the bodywork. I needed a break from sanding anyway. I hope old Frankenstein comes to life soon.

I have a 2007 LS4 ECM and PCM if you need it, Im in Austin...... Let me know if you want it...
KVCFIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Sorry to highjack but why did GM not keep selling the Fiero if they had already made the next body style. I would love to have that car.
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by diabloroadster:

I have a 2007 LS4 ECM and PCM if you need it, Im in Austin...... Let me know if you want it...

Pm sent
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004

Originally posted by KVCFIERO:

Sorry to highjack but why did GM not keep selling the Fiero if they had already made the next body style. I would love to have that car.

GM does a lot of crazy stuff in my opinion. Like getting ridof Pontiac
nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KVCFIERO:

They tweaked that body and called it a Trans-AM.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

They tweaked that body and called it a Trans-AM.

Yea those guy kind of ended up with the 89 Fiero body but tweaked. I did something with the engine harness today. I have to figure it out now.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the harness and ECM back yesterday. Should be ready to run. I still have a couple things to change but for a custom harness that had not been done buy Speed Scene he did a great job from LS knowledge and having to reverse most of it. It tucks away nicely and most of it fit great. The ECM and trans controller will be inside along with fuses and relays. I got some of it connected last night I hope to get the rest on tonight. I am still waiting for the MAF I had to order. This ECM has a lot is can do and the good news is if I decide I want to add boost latter the ECM is set up for it. If anyone that has a spare plug handy for a 98 Firebird gage cluster please let me know. I am also looking for a couple of dash parts and the console for 98 to 02 Firebird. I think I will make the door panels.
Thanks, I also have to get a battery and run the cables along with water lines and fuel line.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Install looks really clean. Especially for one with no beauty cover yet.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Thanks, Not sure what to do about the cover. I did want the corvette covers but thinking if maybe making custom aluminum ones. I just hope to get it running soon. I would not have made it this far without the advice you gave me with Joe and his help with the axels and mounts. I also have others to thank for all the help and part numbers shared it helps speed up the process for us all.
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

X2
PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stripped back to frame. might make some more changes while the body is off.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To bad I could not make some molds. Still a lot of sanding to go.

I do like how the panels come off like the originals.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a little time to take the gas tank back out today. I need to replace the fuel lines with longer hoses to fit the fuel filter. I plan to set it up like Fieroguru showed. I'm also kicking myself I had the cold air st up bought but it is way to big. Thinking if I can not make it work I wasted a couple hundred bucks.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the fuel filter/regulator installed today so I hope the tank is in for good. I will make the fuel line to the fuel rail next.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

I got the fuel filter/regulator installed today so I hope the tank is in for good. I will make the fuel line to the fuel rail next.

If you flip the bracket around that is holding the fuel filter/regulator, it will tuck up close to the backside of the tank and keep it out of the engine bay area:
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

If you flip the bracket around that is holding the fuel filter/regulator, it will tuck up close to the backside of the tank and keep it out of the engine bay area:

You da man I will do that. Thanks
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I swaped the fuel filter around. I was going to finish the fuel line but I ordered the wrong an fittings. I keep ordering the wrong stuff. I guess I'm getting old. I ordered a radiator hose and it was a heater hose size. Same thing with my cold air intake it is huge not near the right size filter.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I worked on the engine some last night. I got the MAF in so I installed it.

If I do not go to the gun show today I will try to work on the car some more.

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
X2
PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the LS4 gas pedal installed today. I made the bracket to get it were I needed it.

I I messed with the Firebird dash today. Still not sure if I will use it or not.

Looks like I will have to cut out here but not sure yet.

KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2013 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Over a week with no updates. That is just wrong.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been out of town for work. I did get the gas line done today.

I also got the emergency brake hooked back up still worked great with the oil filter mod in the cradle. At this point in the build it is just getting the little things here and there done. I want to hook up the radiator lines but not sure witch one goes to what side. I tried looking on the Internet but did not see much. I did see one build that has the radiator hoses done but it just does not look right to me. So I have to make sure before I do it. I still have to go buy a battery and get it installed up front.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got one of the radiator hoses finished tonight. I have the hose to finish the other side so I hope to get it done tomorrow. I am trying to get something accomplished every day I can work on the car until I get to start it.

I cut the 2.8 tube and recycled it. I found a great mounting point for it.

I have one more picture that did not load I will post tomorrow. Time to go to bed.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the other hose on. Tomorrow I will try to get some more done.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a little done today. I got the heater hose connected and cut the trunk out to make room for exhaust system. I also adjusted a few other things.

KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are getting close to having a running LS4 Fiero. Nice detail of what to do and not to do in your build thread.
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Need me to come down and help you out Sunday?
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I expect to see progress over the weekend.... I'll be watching you. Well, watching your thread here.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the car to start today. Word of advice if you do this swap put your new plugs in before you put the motor in the car. Also if your engine has been sitting like mine for a few years get new injectors or have your old ones cleaned. Car starts using brake fluid but the injectors are stopped up so it will not run on its own. I now have to pull the injectors and see if I can some way get them working or get new ones. As I figured it is loud but the duel flow masters sound mean. I was glad Gianina was the one to turn the key when it first fired off. I have a transmission line leaking also. Notices once the car was running.
PFF
System Bot
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's great, congratulations!!!! Well except about the whole injector thing, lol. Love the car Ray
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! Glad you got it to crank up. Do you think that line we picked up wasn't any good or did it just not have a good enough seal?
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
congrats!... nice hanging out with ya'll recently.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hurry and get that thing a running, i want to ride in an LS4 Fiero.
maybe i can sweet talk some LS4 Fiero owner at the 30th for a ride w/o having to do something unspeakable in return.

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unspeakable for you must be something pretty raunchy Tom!
diabloroadster

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Unspeakable for you must be something pretty raunchy Tom!

Shhhh... That's our little secret.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

congrats!... nice hanging out with ya'll recently.

We had a great time seeing everyone also.

Nothing like a good cigar with friends.

Car is running pretty good will get Speed Scene to fine tune it when ready to hit the road.

I hope to get the corvette brake swap I got from JScott on the car next.
I still have a lot of wiring to clean up Should be still a long time before it is done.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

hurry and get that thing a running, i want to ride in an LS4 Fiero.
maybe i can sweet talk some LS4 Fiero owner at the 30th for a ride w/o having to do something unspeakable in return.

That might be your best bet this car might be ready for the 40th.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock