Started on: 02-10-2008 01:29 PM
Replies: 231 (33853 views)
Last post by: dskebo on 03-15-2018 07:32 PM
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some day I will get around to a widebody kit for my 88. I had planned to get longer lateral links to move the wheels out further. This would require longer axles, but once you go to an auto or use the intermediate shaft on the manuals, finding the longer axles from the GM stockpile should not be a significant issue.
IP: Logged
War Hammer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As most of you know, My wife passed away this past week. I will not be able to devote much time to this project for the next few weeks. I have alot to deal with (her estate, business, etc.). I will finish this project. This car was the last gift my wife gave me and will be with me for life.

Keep checking for updates. I will cary on.

Sincerely,
Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will keep this up near pg 1 till you're ready to get back on it War Hammer. God Bless

Don & Jane
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by War Hammer:

As most of you know, My wife passed away this past week. I will not be able to devote much time to this project for the next few weeks. I have alot to deal with (her estate, business, etc.). I will finish this project. This car was the last gift my wife gave me and will be with me for life.

Sincerely,
Paul

Very, Very sorry to hear that.

Our Prayers are with you.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sincerely,
Paul

Paul,

That is very sad news to hear, my condolences to you and your family. Certianly get things in order before worrying about your car.

There will be plenty of time for that later. Best wishes.

Tony
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My widebody came this week. I little light in my life. I will try to start working on the car soon.

My life is just sooo messed up right now.

I'll try to keep it all together.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul,

My condolences to you.

I am excited to see progress on your car. I will be watching this thread. It seems like SC is getting some really nice cars, yours,Topcats, Whadeducks, Ace's, Tristan, and more. Is V8Archie doing the chop for you? The vette dash looks very sweet. I hope to meet you and your car sometime soon.

Cory
PS: Do you have the old 88 rotors? I reaaaaaally need some
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2008 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

Paul,

My condolences to you.

I am excited to see progress on your car. I will be watching this thread. It seems like SC is getting some really nice cars, yours,Topcats, Whadeducks, Ace's, Tristan, and more. Is V8Archie doing the chop for you? The vette dash looks very sweet. I hope to meet you and your car sometime soon.

Cory
PS: Do you have the old 88 rotors? I reaaaaaally need some

I haven't changed the rotors yet, but I'll keep you in mind. I just received the Viper rotors. Rick Morehouse is redrilling them to Fiero for me . The bad news is I will have one siemesed hole (not 2 or 3 like WCF). This is due to the 6 lug pattern on the Viper. I will keep you all updated!

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any work done this weekend Paul? I am excited to see your build.

Cory
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's away this weekend visiting family. I'm gonna help him wire up some lights next weekend. His widebody kit came in though.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

PFF
System Bot
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

He's away this weekend visiting family. I'm gonna help him wire up some lights next weekend. His widebody kit came in though.

Ohhhh Widebody!! and I think YOU need some help with mirror wiring..
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Bump!! Bump!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2008 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump! Bump!! Bump!!!

Progress report!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Progress report!

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think he's in Hilton Head this weekend.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much new. I took out the center console today . Getting ready to rewire the dash so most of the Corvette switches work.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about your wifes passing. My condolences to you and your family. I haven't been to any SC club meetings and didn't know about anything until I read your trend.

Joe
NeoTristan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NeoTristanClick Here to visit NeoTristan's HomePageSend a Private Message to NeoTristanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you need any help with some wiring Let me know and I'll see how I can help.

------------------
Tristan
84 Fiero SE

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2008 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally getting somewhere. Whadeduck and I are working on reiring the headlight switch to covered toggles and redoing the coupe taillight harness to work with the GT taillights. So far we have the tail/parking light switch wired in.

Now we are trying to figure ut the headlight wiring.

If the weather permits, we will wire up the taillights tomorrow.

I have also installed 150mph dash instead of the 120 that was there before.

Maybe I'll have it on the street this week!

Paul
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2008 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okie dokie. Difficult to see in the pictures, but we got the headlights working from toggle switches. One for the parking lights, one for lights on and doors up, and one for doors down. Now there's just the high beam/low beam to figure out.

I know, looks worse than the Ferrario wiring wise. But it's not bad. The toggle switches are all plugged in by connectors. So once the panel is made for the console, the switches can be mounted and the wiring can be purdied up a little more. The goal for today was just to figure out how to get the lights to work at all. Mission accomplished. Everything works and only a few small fires. lol

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 05-12-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2008 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More progress. After a major rainstorm came through on Sunday, I ventured to Paul's house and we spliced and crimped, and heat-shrunk until we got the coupe's tail lights wired to work with the GT tail lights. Had everything wired up the way we thought it should be but couldn't get the turn signals to work. As it turns out, the battery didn't have enough charge to allow the turn signals to function. So after a session with the battery charger, things work great. There's a few more things to do like wiring up the high-beam switch and then mounting everything on a panel, but it's getting there. Sorry, forgot to take pics. Just more spaghetti anyway. Oh, we did discover that the GT tail lights don't like to fit if you have an earlier GT bumper with the ribbed side moldings. Paul's got a later bumper to replace it though. War Hammer should be back on the road soon.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 05-12-2008).]

NashvilleFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2008 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashvilleFieroSend a Private Message to NashvilleFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So here begins the story of my '88 Fiero, War Hammer.

I purchased the car from Josh "Pacethis" and picked it up on February 2nd, 2008. As many of you know I bought the car on eBay for $6000.00. It is an '88 with an ACE 3800sc Series 1 conversion, Konis, 18x7.5 rims, 5spd, fastback conversion, and most importantly, a C5 dash conversion.

It makes a good starting point for what I have planned - BIG brakes (13" or bigger Corvette, Viper, Porsche or 350z), 3800sc Series 2 conversion, G6 6spd conversion, Archie's widebody kit, rollcage, and finish the interior. Now this is the plan for '08. The trick is I need to come in around $6k for all of this (that is the budget the wife set) and be done in time for the Hilton Head Island track days and concours. By the way, this will be a street, road course, autocross car.

For '09 I want to chop the top, vinyl wrap (I like to change things up to often to paint), and install a killer sound system.

I will need a lot of help from you all for parts sources, diagrams, etc during this build so any is appreciated. I have limited knowledge when it comes to mechanical things but can follow directions well.

The Motor

The Body and Wheels

The Interior

Does anybody make a 13" or 14" brake kit that doesn't ue the '88 calipers?
Who makes the best rolcages for Fieros? (yes I know it wilhave to be recut after the chop later).
Does Purle Reign have a pricelist?

Thank you in advance for any help and positive comments and suggestions on thi project.

I want that dash!

------------------
If you ever have a questions about the sincerity of the circle of Fiero owners on this site, take a look at:
"In Memoriam: Fiero Members"

Pretty impressive.....

gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IO'd like info on the dash conversion!!!
looks sweet!

------------------
1990 ASC Mclaren Grand Prix TSTE (Turbo 3.1)
1992 Firebird T-Tops V-8 24k original Florida miles(collectors car)
1999 Pontiac GTP Grand Prix Silvermist Coupe - runs easy mid 13's all day

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2008 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Progress report.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry it hs been so long. I'm stilldealing with my wife's estate. I'm dating again (things have change from the last time when I was 19 -17 years ago). Anyway, War Hammer is on the road! The dash is still apart and my tail lights are amber instead of red, but I can dive it as long as the cop don't look too close. THANKS WHADEDUCK!!!!! I'll fill you in as progress ensues.

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep up the good work the car is cumming along.
I like the corvette dash. when are you going to start the widebody?
I got mine about a mounth ago and have been working on it and other things since.
I am in Atlanta not that far from you.
if you want to see how mine is cumming along look in tech for
whodeanies 88gt custom build.
it might help you with yours or pm me with any questions.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to work on her on Sunday. Plans, sort out the wiring and mount the Corvette seats We'll see if I can do both with the Duck's help.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

ethan555

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ethan555Send a Private Message to ethan555Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NashvilleFiero:

I want that dash!

i have to agree, that is very nice.
AquaHusky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AquaHuskySend a Private Message to AquaHuskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm lovin' the dash there. Now if you can update from that 70s Camaro steering wheel to something a bit more updated, it would look better.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steering wheel is not permanent. Going for a D shaped wheel. As far as progress. Zip, nada, nothing new to report. I have twisted my ankle, been to Ohio for tests on my heart, and had the flu since the last time I posted. Maybe this weekend I'll have some more news.

Paul

P.S. If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any at all.

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Had the flu since the last time I posted. Maybe this weekend I'll have some more news.

Paul

P.S. If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any at all.

Keep moving. Don't let pneumonia set-in.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2008 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, this thread needs bumping.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After much deliberation I have come to the decision to sell War Hammer, the Archie Widebody kit, the corvette seats, and my 355 nose. I cannot continue working on it with my present health. All it does is remind me of my wife. Anyway please pm me with all serious offers. I would like to sell it soon.

Thank you all so much.

Sincerely,
Paul E. Destocki, II

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
John Boelte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for John BoelteSend a Private Message to John BoelteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you haven't already, post an ad in the Mall. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope things improve for you.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer did you check your PM ?

I sent you a private message yesterday.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2009 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
War Hammer gets a reprive. Instead of getting rid of the car the girlfriend and I called it quits. ='(

I need the car for a distraction.

Paul
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2009 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never put all your eggs in one basket! Good luck on the project.
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2009 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer gets a reprive. Instead of getting rid of the car the girlfriend and I called it quits. ='(
I need the car for a distraction. Paul

...snip...War Hammer gets a reprive....snip

Hurrah! Great news, another build thread to follow on PFF.

..snip.. Instead of getting rid of the car, the girlfriend and I called it quits. ='( ..snip..

Sorry to hear on the break up, but perhaps it was a necessary loss.
It seems to me that if a woman really loves a man, then she should be able accept the man as he is, complete with all of his little idiosyncracies, and flaws, (including things like old little mid-engine sports cars that are 20+ years old). Don't dispare, you will find some one. I found the love of my life at age 38.

~Bob

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors