Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71478 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmm can someone photoshop a widebody onto my car as it sits now with the notchback body style.

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Hmmmm can someone photoshop a widebody onto my car as it sits now with the notchback body style.

(in a Yoda voice) Yes. I sence the "Force" is strong within you young ...Exoticse. Join the super- friends and let the "Force" flow. The "godfather of choptops" will be waiting for in Machessney Park at the CTHC-2, hehe.

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now, if you turn this into a GT Widebody this Exoticse will not fit anymore, What are you going to call yourself then???
Have a Nice Day
Gary
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot of good things and inspirations at the 2007 Daytona show.

Had my eyes focused on the widebody rocker panels, congrautlaions David.

Troyboy's car just left me speechless, but i rather enjoyed his Driven Visions hood vents.

Some mmmmmigggghty big dubs !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-25-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

This encounter was enough to light a fire under my behind to get going back on my project !

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2007 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know what you mean Tony, and I’m feeling the same way. Let’s hope that everything works ok for us this time, and that we both get our butts going with our projects, so we can get our cars ready for D8 and then we’re going to have twice the fun we had this year.

JG
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2007 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A lot of good things and inspirations at the 2007 Daytona show.
Had my eyes focused on the widebody rocker panels, congrautlaions David.

Thanks Tony, I'm looking forward for the rest of the body parts...

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 03-26-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally !

The rebirth has resumed.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally !

The rebirth has resumed.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally! The rebirth has resumed.

I'll be looking forward to the wide-body build. CTHC-2 is looking pretty good, hehe.

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Choptop #4 arriving home again back at v-8 Archie's shop !

Can you say Kool-Aid smile ???
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Choptop #4 arriving home again back at v-8 Archie's shop !
Can you say Kool-Aid smile ???

Can I have the rear tail lights?
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2007 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was just wondering how tall the stands holding that wing are... anybody know

-Kaleb
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2007 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I believe they are 5" wing stands, but don't qoute me on that. Could also be 7" i forget which.

I can tell you the ones on the silver car pictured below are definatly 5 " wing stands. Those are also the ones i have for my car.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2007 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kaleb:

I was just wondering how tall the stands holding that wing are... anybody know

-Kaleb

That's a photochop that I did, and I always raise the wing in the process. I was simulating a 5 inch wingstand.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 04-14-2007).]

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah i figured it was photochopped..ok thanx..i like the 5 on curlys car but i think i want mine to be a little taller(if i even decide to go with a wing)

anyway..any updates on #4???

-Kaleb
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yeah i figured it was photochopped..ok thanx..i like the 5 on curlys car but i think i want mine to be a little taller(if i even decide to go with a wing)

anyway..any updates on #4???

-Kaleb

If you do decide to 5" or 7", make sure you don't forget the wing tips. Otherwise, you'll end-up with a big ole' surf board-like gismo on the back of your Fiero.

Hey Tony, are you next in line for the wide body rockers? You know we only have 5-months left for CTHC-2.

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i can do that-although i havent decided if i want to go wing or wingless but if i do go wing its gonna be tall- did you get yours custom made or did you use something specific-like a kit or a certain piece of an original fiero- do you have a link to the build of #11 or at least the wingtips?

-Kaleb
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kaleb

240 posts
Member since Jan 2007
sorry i didnt rely specify what i was talking about when asking you if you had "yours custom made" i meant did you have your wing tips custom made..
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ok i can do that-although i havent decided if i want to go wing or wingless but if i do go wing its gonna be tall- did you get yours custom made or did you use something specific-like a kit or a certain piece of an original fiero- do you have a link to the build of #11 or at least the wingtips?

-Kaleb

The wind stands were made by Fiero Warehouse or IRM from back in the day. I forget, it's been so long ago (1998?) The wing tips where done here in CA. The link to #011 is here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/032834.html

IMO I'd have Archie and the Crew perform the task while the car is getting chopped. As for anything over 5"...I'd hold out on that mod. You'll get a better "feels" for the car once you view a choptop with a raised wing. It be better to view the thread, "Choptop, widebody and Wings." //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050437.html

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-15-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what about one of these???

http://veilside.com/veilsideusa/frames.html

curly i know your all about the car looking stock-well semi-stock but i'm going for a race inspired look for my fiero..my problem with these type of wings is that they can either make or break the car-theres no happy medium

corrective critisism is accepted

-Kaleb
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kaleb

240 posts
Member since Jan 2007
well that link didnt work as i had planned ..just go to autostyling and then click gt wing...- i would just copy the pictures but the site wont let me

-Kaleb
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Troyboy's car just left me speechless, but i rather enjoyed his Driven Visions hood vents.

I'm just curious: Is it still possible to store the roof glass in the front compartment with this hood scoop? If not, then that's the biggest hood scoop that still allows for the roof glass to be stored in it's stock location?

-M
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sorry i didnt rely specify what i was talking about when asking you if you had "yours custom made" i meant did you have your wing tips custom made..

I did my own wingtips... It was the first fiberglass work I have ever done, and they came out okay. I started with a 2 inch tall piece of carrboard cut to the approximate shape, then I taped it onto the wingtip. Then I took the fiberglass cloth dipped in resin and started laying it on the cardboard, at least three layers on each side. After that I topped it off with fiberglassed reinforced filler, (bondo) and sanded to the desired shape.
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds easy enough..i have previous fiberglass experiance so it shouldnt be too hard ..

thanks
-Kaleb
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2007 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is #004 in the "hot" spot/seat yet?
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any news???
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

any news???

I second that.....?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

10-more weeks to the, "CTHC-2."

Hey Tony,....you got your plane ticket?

Originally posted by Archie:

You both are welcome to come in about 5 weeks early for the show if you'd like.

Archie

Looks like Archie is calling you and me out Tony, hehe. Lets arrive early so that we can tweak yo stuff!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2007 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tony, those G35 lamps are in. I wonder how you're going to get them to fit, hehe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
PFF
System Bot
dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2007 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kaleb...here's the wings you were talking about from the Veilside site...

Personally...I think both are a little too "ricey" for a Fiero.

------------------
--David

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2007 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah i decided against it
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any update on number four exoticse?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

any update on number four exoticse?

No. #4 is unfortunatly catching dust right now.

Basically replinishing my fun money, after another frustrating setback.

No fret though, the piggybank is almost ready.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcfox:

Kaleb...here's the wings you were talking about from the Veilside site...

Personally...I think both are a little too "ricey" for a Fiero.

The side of this wing reminds of the rear bumper side of the Fiero GT.

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 06-28-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Basically replinishing my fun money, after another frustrating setback. No fret though, the piggybank is almost ready.

You've since passed the deadline for the Choptop reunion in exchanging the rear clip & preping prior to the show. Are you still coming to the reunion or should I start new using a different rear clip? Remember..."New ideas are a terrible thing to waste."
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2007 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has #004 "Birthing Contractions"..... started yet? Nine months is the general term limit for giving birth.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-25-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2007 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Has #004 "Birthing Contractions"..... started yet? Nine months is the general term limit for giving birth.

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2007 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Basically replinishing my fun money, after another frustrating setback.

No fret though, the piggybank is almost ready.

hmm well good news that youve almost got the money
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock