Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 24)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71543 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
serrata

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for serrataSend a Private Message to serrataEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful daughter! Congrats! Is this your first?

Also, the car is looking amazing! I'll have to drop by one of the CFF meetings soon to see it.
IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by serrata:

Beautiful daughter! Congrats! Is this your first?

Also, the car is looking amazing! I'll have to drop by one of the CFF meetings soon to see it.

Thanks !

She and i are having a ball so far (despite a few sleepless nights).

She has even been eyeing the choptop when i take her thru the garage.

Hmmm,....looks like i may have to start planning another project for the future ??

BTW what part of orlando do you live in ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-27-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Keyless entry and security system should arrive next week !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-05-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Still trying to figure out what to do with my darned headlights.

The options upgrade to the 88 motors and get a set of the fiero1fan headlights, get a set of the new low profile headlights like on Pedro's red choptop, go with doublec's new headlight setup, or.........do something totally different like celica or NSX headlights.

Decisions, decisions ! I think it is about time to get off the pot so to speak.

Yuck gotta clean up that dirty front compartment also.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-27-2012).]

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're basically done with the major body mods, I wouldn't be looking at anything like the Celica/NSX setups. Your chopper retains too much of the OG Fiero styling, and those would stick out like two sore thumbs, imo. I would definitely go with a slim/low-pro pop-up style.

If you want to do something different and unique, I'd look at trying to make some of the backflipping headlights like the C4 Corvette.

I'm sure you'll come up with something sweet for that ride of yours. Congrats on the little girl too! What more could you need now? (besides time?)
serrata

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for serrataSend a Private Message to serrataEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like that front compartment is dirty for good reason. Lots of body work.

I'm over by UCF and Bithlo.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

The options upgrade to the 88 motors and get a set of the fiero1fan headlights, get a set of the new low profile headlights like on Pedro's red choptop, go with doublec's new headlight setup, or.........do something totally different like celica or NSX headlights.

Tony post pics of each one
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man please. Do something about those wheels! The only group of people looking at headlights are the police and people in a funeral procession. Get some wheels and you'll have the police and everybody's mama in the funeral procession looking at you. IMHO those headlamps can wait.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No choice.

The headlamp issue must be addressed now, because my current stock motors are toast.

And the police do notice.

A fellow club member was driving his car and i was a passenger, and we got pulled over when one of his lights got stuck down, while cruising..

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-02-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No choice.

The headlamp issue must be addressed now, because my current stock motors are toast.

A fellow club member was driving his car and i was a passenger, and we got pulled over when one of his lights got stuck down, while cruising..

Dude, the fellow member is driving his car-you're not and it's only a issue if you're driving at night. Purchase a set of plain old OEM motors the Fiero Store, the rebuild kit from Rodney Dickman, or in the Mall. Heck, I bought a set from them 10,000 yrs ago for #011. I've talked about changing over to newer styles, but as I've said many of times. If the headlights don't look better than the stock one. It's better to leave as-is. The NSX are the premuim when it comes to looking better than stock, but that involves body work.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Tony, got shoes yet?

Dude, you got those shoe yet?
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2012 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks guys,

Coming along slowly but surely. The wheels are what is going to make the car pop IMO.

As the old saying goes, the only way to eat an elephant,.......... is one bite at a time.

Well, it's nearly 3-months later. Have you taken the "bit" yet?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, I found the company that makes the hood vent. You might want a matching vent for the back of your chopper.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No choice.

If you want to save yourself some money from having to chop up your hood for custom headlights... send me a pm. I'm sure you've seen my headlight kit on the forum. I think it would look plenty modern enough for your car and still use the stock headlight door opening

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

If you want to save yourself some money from having to chop up your hood for custom headlights... send me a pm. I'm sure you've seen my headlight kit on the forum. I think it would look plenty modern enough for your car and still use the stock headlight door opening

Actuallly been thinking about it, but i am very indecisive, and it takes me a while to finally make up my mind.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Dude, I found the company that makes the hood vent. You might want a matching vent for the back of your chopper.

Shoot me the info !
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actuallly been thinking about it, but i am very indecisive, and it takes me a while to finally make up my mind.

No worries, you know how to get a hold of me

Great work on the ride !
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Page 2???

What's going on with this choptop?

I saw that dash is back in your hands, hope they're not too tied up with the new baby to start tweaking it!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car has been stored and silent for a bit. Really busy season at work, and with a now 7month old daughter time has been at a premium.

Also hard to drive the car because when i am not at work i usually have my daughter with me and babies and choptops don't mix.

Been slowly collecting parts that i need to get where i want to go. Today i started work on replacing my headlights motors, and continued my torrid search for some nice wheels at a good price ! The expensive ones i want are stiill a bit ways off ($). Three root canals hit the ole wallet hard.

Don't keep putting off going to the dentist, cause it sucks !

At any rate i still have the full fiero passion, it is just that the car no longer ranks near the top of the priority board,... other things come first.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-18-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, I was reviewing your thread from the beginning to current date and here's what I discovered. On January 28th 2006 you purchased of #004 and on the 28th it will offically have been 7 year!

1. 1/28/2006-you purchase #004
2. 1/28/2007-arrives at Archie.
3. 1/23/2009-arrives to FL.
4. 07/25/2010-arrives to GA.
5. 09/08/2011-MadArch kit installed.
6. 04-01-2012 -#004 arrives back home.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-24-2013).]

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dude, I was reviewing your thread from the beginning to current date and here's what I discovered. On January 28th 2006 you purchased of #004 and on the 28th it will offically have been 7 year!

1. 1/28/2006-you purchase #004
2. 1/28/2007-arrives at Archie.
3. 1/23/2009-arrives to FL.
4. 07/25/2010-arrives to GA.
5. 09/08/2011-MadArch kit installed.
6. 04-01-2012 -#004 arrives back home.

LO!!! I love it !!! in that same time frame I got my 1st 4.9 running, sold it, moved, Got Married, Had 2 kids, bought a house, acquired T-Top #689, Painted it and started my 4.9 Swap on that one

------------------

88 Formula CJB Arrived Finally. #689 of 1252
Time to start Working TONY!
There are Two kinds of Fiero's : Notchies and Donors!

PFF
System Bot
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is looking good, it will get done all in good time. That is a beautiful little girl, enjoy her while you can.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tony, did you get those "killer" shoes yet?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-06-2013).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Tony, did you get those "killer" shoes yet?

Nope.

Roof inspector coming tommorow. Fingers crossed.
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This picture looks great.
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, you have a PM.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Charlie64:

Tony, you have a PM.

Right back at ya !
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fixed headlights is the trend.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates! Shoes?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Any updates! Shoes?

No shoes yet, but seeing Charlie64's car in person got my juices flowing and me remotivated and focused !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WzltGRxQpU

Time to get back at it !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rcZyRRjvSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Y2gY29-Jc

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-24-2013).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No shoes yet, but seeing Charlie64's car in person got my juices flowing and me remotivated and focused !

Time to get back at it !!

Tony when you git er done, I will drive to any mid point car show and hookup with you and Charlie.
PFF
System Bot
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a plan Troy. I still have work to do to keep up with you guys.

It was nice to finally meet you in person Tony.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds like a plan Troy. I still have work to do to keep up with you guys.

It was nice to finally meet you in person Tony.

Thanks !

It was great to finally meet you as well.

That is one amazing car you have,
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I'm already seeking permission to come down there next year. Hadn't addressed the Fiero 30th yet. You have to send me that picture of the two of us though!

[This message has been edited by Charlie64 (edited 03-26-2013).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks. I'm already seeking permission to come down there next year. Hadn't addressed the Fiero 30th yet. You have to send me that picture of the two of us though!

Check your pm.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-28-2013).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Any updates! Shoes?

Matter of fact,......yes !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-01-2013).]

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Matter of fact,......yes !

Are they on order or do you have them?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

Are they on order or do you have them?

I already have them.

They are not the ones i originally wanted, but these fell into my lap at such an absurd price, that i had to take them.

That and they were 19" and in the 5 x 100 bolt pattern made them a no brainer,..hehehe actually only after a little prodding from Madcurl to give them a chance. The pictures did not excite me, but once i saw them in person,....i was hooked !

Something about HRE. They need to be widened in the rear and the faces repainted, but after that it will be all good. Sending them out to Cali for the tweeks.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Newness.

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet build, looking good!

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock