Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 23)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71478 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Number 4 comes home !

(FierociousGT aka Dave in the background commenting about the caravan of fieros tagging along, headed back with dean to georgia)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBgzm7hGvmQ

Dean unloading

Took her for a little spin and the 3800 is a blast !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-01-2012).]

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003
A few more pics from home.

The car is really dirty so ignore the mess,...and did i mention ignore the tiny wheels ?

tucked inside her new home.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-01-2012).]

FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wanna grab us a picture with those driving lights on?
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was the scene at Tony's house when I arrived... patiently waiting for Dean.

Dude did you order the WHEELS yet?! You have less then three weeks to get them... or wait five years.

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 04-03-2012).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

LOOKIN so good!! Yur car is shapin up to compete with tha car that Skitime created!! Excuse my ignorance as to WHO owns her now! One question Exoticse... That single strip of LED's above yur turn signals, do those come in amber?

Thanx all, for yur time!!

Ear-ick
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2012 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

LOOKIN so good!! Yur car is shapin up to compete with tha car that Skitime created!! Excuse my ignorance as to WHO owns her now! One question Exoticse... That single strip of LED's above yur turn signals, do those come in amber?

Thanx all, for yur time!!

Ear-ick

Thanks, but my car IMO is still a very rough unfinished project, and the ski-time car is like a polished jewel. Perfect in every way. Not even in the same category,........yet.

However,... by the time i am finished we can hopefully have those type discussions, but like i said still a loooooooooong way to go.

BTW rpo now owns the skitime car. He is in our CFF car club and a great guy.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-04-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2012 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Oh as far as the DRL, not sure if they come in amber, but i can find the link.

A little disappointed in them actually. They are great at night, and in the later evening but,.......... not nearly as bright during the regular course of the day as i had hoped.

i will probably upgrade to a better set, in the near future.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2012 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, you look EXACTLY like I thought you would right now: PERMA-GRINS

The car looks astounding and its obvious that you are a very happy guy!

Remember though, I told you what color my car was going to be before I unveiled it, so now you have to reciprocate!

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-04-2012).]

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Remember though, I told you what color my car was going to be before I unveiled it, so now you have to reciprocate!

He told me he was painting it _______________ lol
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony I think you should update your avatar...

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 04-05-2012).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the lights are hard to see in the Fla. sun shine but if you stand about 10 ft in front of the car you can see them bright you have to be almost straght on to them.

It made the trip worth it to see Tonys face when he walked up to the car at the show. and it was even better to see him and David camped out in the driveway when I pulled up
D.

PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, thought you fell off the face of the Earth. Been trying to reach you all week. I know you guys are busy for the next show. Give me a ring when you get a chance.

D

Originally posted by whodeanie:

the lights are hard to see in the Fla. sun shine but if you stand about 10 ft in front of the car you can see them bright you have to be almost straght on to them.

It made the trip worth it to see Tonys face when he walked up to the car at the show. and it was even better to see him and David camped out in the driveway when I pulled up
D.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats AWESOME !! the baby comes home Congrats. She's lookin real good. Ive been following this and its been my inspiration. Whodeanie.....let me know when the windshield mod is available and i'll drop mine off

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Bozzie.

Your car is coming along amazingly ! Can't wait to see it with the new nose.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003
A few Daytona leftovers.

A few vendor body parts were within arms reach, so i just "borrowed" them to play around a bit.

Closed mouth chin spoiler.

Whodeanie customs ferrari style rear bumper.

Hehehe, the tweeking could be endless.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-08-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forget D12. Just have the choptop Floridian reunion at your house. Tony, what are the neighbors saying now?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2012 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Next door neighbor came by today, while i was in the garage, and his exact words were " that is badass " !!

Followed by " What is it " ? hehehehe
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol, everyone loved the car at the show but the biggest coment I got was what was up with the primer texture. so just to clear things up a bit,
the primer was roll primed, yes put on with a roller, because we have no booth I can not spray it and most body shops here now do this as well for several reaasons. one it saves time, less mess, thicker coat. I knew that it would be some time before Tony would be ready for paint and this way all he has to do is sand the primer and go. because of the texture it works as a guid coat as well.
I thought the same thing when I first saw this being done but now I get it.
D.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2012 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie: I thought the same thing when I first saw this being done but now I get it.

Me too. But now I'm thinking of doing the same with my Fiero.

Is there a particular brand of primer that's "specifically formulated" for roll-on applications? Or can you use standard auto body primer?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Time to enjoy !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to an exotic car show today and fell in love with this gallardo, and stumbled across a cool mod i am going to add.

This carbon fiber shadow splitter on the nose and side rockers ! It really kicked the car up a notch or two IMO.

Stay tuned !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-14-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2012 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fresh coilovers (HT)

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another Fiero Fan is born !

Josie arrived Wednesday morning. Happy, healthy, and,....HUNGRY !

The wife is exhausted already hehehe.

Now i have a legit reason to start on my next project !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-26-2012).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Another Fiero Fan is born !

Josie arrived Wednesday morning. Happy, healthy, and,....HUNGRY !

The wife is exhausted already hehehe.

Now i have a legit reason to start on my next project !

congratulations to the both of you!!!!!! Now gets some rest Tony I know it was hard work

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 04-26-2012).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CONGRATS !!! thats AWESOME !! the next breed of fiero drivers !! OH......and that side skirt lip spoiler.....HMMMMMMMMM im thinkin myself

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations !!!!!

That's a beautiful baby

I also like the lower lip
Charlie64

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CONGRATS TO BOTH OF YOU TONY!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Congratulations !!!!!

That's a beautiful baby

I also like the lower lip

Thanks we are very happy and blessed.

Thanks Charlie64 also.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-28-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is very simlair to what i am shooting for. Bozzie already getting it done on his car (awesome job !).

i hope to take it at least one step further, and do the sides too !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO you need to drive the chopper first and get familar with it while going in and out of parking lots. Otherwise, you might find yourself with a serious problem if you accidently scrap or hit something.

Remember Miss Tress007?

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...100421-1-058445.html

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-29-2012).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carbonfiber dipped wheels:

PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks we are very happy and blessed.

Thanks Charlie64 also.

Congratulations! Man does she have a bunch of hair! Mine were practically bald.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, got shoes yet?

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BTW ,how's that beautiful angel of yours doing?

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 05-08-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

BTW ,how's that beautiful angel of yours doing?

Hey Troy, she is doing wonderful.

Blessed.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still got lots to go, but that will be next year.
Left for this year:

Wheels
Brakes
Headlights
Chin spoiler - ?

You're nearing the half way point for this year. What's your ETA on the wheels?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wheels will wait.

At the "VERY LEAST" it will be a couple of months before i have " ANY" time at all for the car.

Holding baby in one hand even as i try to type this,.....and you see the time.

Just finding the time right now to run it around the neighborhood once a week is a chore, behind the baby, the dog, the yard, the house, the,.......

Once things settle down and a more stable routine is established i should be able to get back at it.

Exoticse is Exhausted.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Enjoy the most precious Gift a Farther could ever receive,a healthy and beautiful daughter. I want you to finish your car as much as Curly but family comes first and it looks like your on the right road. My daughter was 1yrs old when I started my car and now she is my little helper with the car.

Enjoy these days Tony as they only come once and can never be recaptured. When the time is right the car will still be there and you can complete it with your family as I did. Do it this way and your car will most likely never end up in the mall.

P.S. Tell the wife I said hi and Tony remember those special word for a happy marriage "Yes Dear".

When you get a chance PM me your updated contact info

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 05-17-2012).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Troy.

You don't get these days back, enjoy them while you have them.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wheels will wait.

At the "VERY LEAST" it will be a couple of months before i have " ANY" time at all for the car.

Holding baby in one hand even as i try to type this,.....and you see the time.

Just finding the time right now to run it around the neighborhood once a week is a chore, behind the baby, the dog, the yard, the house, the,.......

Once things settle down and a more stable routine is established i should be able to get back at it.

Exoticse is Exhausted.

Nice ride with a Targa top and has duel cup holders. I've seen duel buggies like that.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock