Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 22)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71478 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
Charlie64

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like the mods you're doing, Tony! Can't wait to see the finished product.
IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still got lots to go, but that will be next year.

Future mods:

Custom decklid
Custom exotic looking rear bumper
Custom interior
Paint

Left for this year:

Wheels
Brakes
Headlights
Chin spoiler - ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-16-2012).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!!
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not gotten pics yet because I was working late and forgot but the hood, deck lid, front fender sand rear bumpers are all in primer now.
the front bumper will be done today as well as the roof of the car. I still need to do some more work on the rockers and the doors. after that I will be building the mounts and some updates on the 3800 install. then all we will need to do is clean it up
it will be in primer but she should still look cool.

one more step in the never ending project LOL! JK!
D.
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I have not gotten pics yet because I was working late and forgot but the hood, deck lid, front fender sand rear bumpers are all in primer now.
the front bumper will be done today as well as the roof of the car. I still need to do some more work on the rockers and the doors. after that I will be building the mounts and some updates on the 3800 install. then all we will need to do is clean it up
it will be in primer but she should still look cool.

one more step in the never ending project LOL! JK!
D.

Getting caught up on the ride. Looking forward to the in primer shots.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean,

Did you guys put in the new coilovers yet ?

What about the baby seat modifications ??

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding guys,...hehehe a choptop is nooooo place for a baby, ..especially my daughter !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-06-2012).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2012 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
congrats, Tony.
I did more work on the car yesterday to the rear but I have a few little things to finish up on and the rear of the car will be done.
the coilovers will be going in this week. the car will be going on the lift for a few finish items.
D.
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2012 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
What about the baby seat modifications ??

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding guys,...hehehe a choptop is nooooo place for a baby, ..especially my daughter !

Tony, congratulations!!!

You probably made a few people blow a gasket with that question...
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2012 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrads to both of you!

PS
When your wife requests to get rid of the Fiero due to no more toy time cuase you got to help with the baby... let me know I might be interesting in buying it.

D

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 03-19-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2012 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean, What about the baby seat modifications ??

Don't worry Tony, I'll take #004 from here. I'll hold it for you until 2030.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2012 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so yesterday we did a quick repair job and got that car off the lift and rolled out yours to go on it.
we blew off the mountain of body dust and started it up. Aaron will be going over the car today to add a few things in the wiring as well as updates to the tune.
then the body will start going back on. the front is done and in primer, I decided on one last tweek on the rear that I will need to finish and then finish the rockers.
lots of work still to go but I can see the end
D.

PFF
System Bot
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2012 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Congrads to both of you!

PS
When your wife requests to get rid of the Fiero due to no more toy time cuase you got to help with the baby... let me know I might be interesting in buying it.

D

Wives don't "request"...they tell us what we're going to do!

Congrats Tony.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2012 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HT coilovers

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-21-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2012 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Getting close !
FIEROSMIGLA

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2012 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Getting close !

Man looking good can't wait to see it !! I need to step it up!!

------------------
1987 FIERO GT BLACK CHOP TOP AUTO SOLID ROOF
1987 FIERO GT GOLD AUTO SOLID ROOF
1988 FIERO GT RED 5 Speed SOLID ROOF

2011 CORVETTE GRAND SPORT YELLOW
2007 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR
2006 MERCEDES SLK

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2012 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROSMIGLA:

Man looking good can't wait to see it !! I need to step it up!!

Hehe thanks Ron, but i think it is the other way around ! I need to step it up to catch up to you.

Your car is immaculate.

Mine is a work in progress.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2012 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sneek peek!
lol.
more to come.
D.

Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2012 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is going to be my next headlight modification.

It was first done by a central florida fieros club member (luis), who in turn helped another member (pedro) do the same to his choptop (below) !

It really gives a lowprofile, sleepy eyed look that i like.

Any more info on this headlight mod?? It looks sick!!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2012 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will get the details and post the information next weekend.
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2012 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2012 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exactly but I was trying to ease the blow for Tony...

Originally posted by Charlie64:
Wives don't "request"...they tell us what we're going to do!

Congrats Tony.

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2012 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
been busting our butts off to get a few cars done in the shop as of late. and this one has been a big one. the body work was a large part of it.
but now the car is in primer and going back together today.
here are a few quick pics form yesterday. I will try to get it outside today for a few better pics.
D.

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2012 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking Goooodddd!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2012 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Looking Goooodddd!

Thanks

Nothing but kudos for dean and his team.

Top notch !
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow,
i really like the way dean's quater panel caps work with the madarch wide body panels!!!
looks great Tony!
Really nice work Dean!!
al
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we got the rest of the body installed testerday. the drivers side rocker, the gas door, the mirrors, hood, deck lid, rear wing and much more.
today the car will be getting the final things. fender liners, ac lines and charge, wire up front lights, reinstall the interior and the final clean up.
I hope to get it outside for a few pics before dark and then load it on the trailer for Daytona.
D.

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back on all fours ! ignore the wheels, if you can and admire dean's handiwork ! Man has got some skills !

FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow what a difference!

thats one nice car you got there
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!!!!!!!!!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys,

Coming along slowly but surely. The wheels are what is going to make the car pop IMO.

As the old saying goes, the only way to eat an elephant,.......... is one bite at a time.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-30-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 08-30-2016).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroDev:
Wow what a difference!

thats one nice car you got there

Who is the homeless guy posing next to your car?

j/k
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great Tony!
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Tony! That things is looking pretty sick. Cant wait to see the rubber on it.
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin good - can't wait to see what she looks like with the new wheels and paint!

Jim
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Home sweet home !

Back in the sunshine state.

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' good at Daytona!

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITALGT:

Lookin' good at Daytona!

2X
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few more pics from today.

an attempted theft !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-31-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock