Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 21)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71478 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

What's the dimensions of those lights? Wondering if it'll fit the Fi512 nose.

Wait, are those 3-wire turn signals? Must have turn signals.

Dimension: 12" (L) x 1.75" (H) x 1.25"(W). Note: You can trim off the clear plastic edge on each side to make the lamp a little bit shorter.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2012 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Sorry, been shopping.

Not sure if i will have new shoes for the dance, but it will be close.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2012 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New side and rear marker lights in the works.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Talked with Dean today, still shooting for Daytona.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 08-30-2016).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Stopped by Dean's yesterday when I was in ATL, busy man. He has a lot on his plate but your was at the front of the line

Dr. W.

Yeah i have seen too.

His shop is full, but a few projects are winding down so it is all good.

Dean is a great guy, so i am not sweating it.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curious...
What are you using for front turn signals
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Curious...
What are you using for front turn signals

Looking even as we speak !
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a reply to your pm. Just to let the rest of ya know nope cant make it down to daytona, the engine is not up to that far of a trip but by next year I should have a new engine in it. I am going to finish up the body mods yet this year I hope and then throw the big cash at the engine bay last.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Been looking at several sets of Daytime running lights, and thanks to Car-lo i found some really inexpensive, good looking ones. Reviews say brighter than OEM.

Thanks John !

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2012 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i just got frenched by whodeanie !
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2012 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pics.... or it did not happen
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

LOL
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

forget about the pics, im selling the DVD
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOLz

http://www.urbandictionary....ne.php?term=frenched
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean and crew making really good progress on #4 !

I am sure he will post pictures at some point when they are done with all the glassing and sanding.

Up next will be the installation of the DRL. We are still pondering just where to place them in conjunction with nose modifications, and turn signals.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2012 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2012 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Audi style DRL + Toyota Camry 95-96 turn signals

RX-8 mirrors

frenched mini-cooper side markers

Bowtie wing

Mazda rear reflectors

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-28-2012).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice turn signals

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is going to be my next headlight modification.

It was first done by a central florida fieros club member (luis), who in turn helped another member (pedro) do the same to his choptop (below) !

It really gives a lowprofile, sleepy eyed look that i like.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-02-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2012 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coming along. (P.S. those are Dean's wheels, not mine, we were just testing them out to get some logistics)

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-05-2012).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Tony...
You've waited loooong enough for this choptop ....
Mines back at a stand still...
But, you knew you would beat me..lol

Steve
SmoothGT

------------------
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Getting ready for primer !
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice progress, good to see your car getting done... now for finished pics...
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we are still finishing up the bodw work but I hope to have most of the car in primer by the first of the week. it is a lot of work to get it the way I want it.
no waves and ready for final sanding and paint.
here are a few pics from the other day.
D.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! More, more, more!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean is the man !!
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car has come a looooooooong way, but this adventure is still not over (is it ever ??).

For the show It will be in primer and sporting tiny 17' wheels (Dean said they look like doughnuts now that the car is a widebody) hehehe.

My new wheels 19 x 9 and 20 x 11 will not be ready for the show. Meanwhile i can't justify spending money on temporary wheels (for one day - the show) that i won't really need while i am waiting on the big boys,,,,,,,, no matter how silly it looks.

Some guys might care about that, but sorry i am just not one of them. I look at the big picture and not the short term.

i am not trying to win any awards or impress anybody, just sharing the progress on my ride and showing off Dean's skills on the bodywork and engine install.

When i get my real wheels,. and do a few other tweeks,......THEN it will be GAME ON !!

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-10-2012).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2012 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lots of hard work on this one, Glass, sand, bondo and more sanding
I have the front bumper lights fitted to the holes now as well as finished a few other little details on it. I still have to make the mounts for the lights but then it will be ready for primer. the rear lights are installed but we have one more tweek to do to it before we can prime it. the rest of the car is almost ready to go with the exception of the rockers and the hood.
it will be close on this one but it will get their.
I will try to get pics later this week.
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2012 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Dean for the new pics today !

It is really looking good !!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

latest updates !

mini cooper side markers frenched in:

Mazda turn signals and aftermarket daytime running lights intergrated into the old turn signal housings:

Finished hood getting first coat of primer:

a little touch up on the underside:

Rear bumper getting mazda reflectors and a little tweeking:

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great Tony
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Looking great Tony

Thanks buddy ! Dean and his guys have really, really been busting their butts on my car and a couple of others for the show.

Yours is going to be awesome too, just hang in there ! Dean and crew won't let you down.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks buddy ! Dean and his guys have really, really been busting their butts on my car and a couple of others for the show.

Yours is going to be awesome too, just hang in there ! Dean and crew won't let you down.

I have been patiently waiting for all the Daytona cars to get done so my car can get some love. I have no doubt that Dean & crew are going to build one awesome car. I knew when he took my project it would be awhile and it would be worth the wait. I’m just lucky to have the Solstice Coupe to fill the void while I wait.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

I have been patiently waiting for all the Daytona cars to get done so my car can get some love. I have no doubt that Dean & crew are going to build one awesome car. I knew when he took my project it would be awhile and it would be worth the wait. I’m just lucky to have the Solstice Coupe to fill the void while I wait.

it will still take a while to get yours to the point I want to share it but it will be worth the wait. after Daytona I will be doing a lot more on it.
D.
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is going to be my next headlight modification.

It was first done by a central florida fieros club member (luis), who in turn helped another member (pedro) do the same to his choptop (below) !

It really gives a lowprofile, sleepy eyed look that i like.

Looking good! Those HD look SICK!

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock