Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 19)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71478 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tony, what's up with the choptop? Is this your week for tweak modifications?
IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Tony, what's up with the choptop? Is this your week for tweak modifications?

(exoticse rubs hands together) hehehehe,....

Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
(exoticse rubs hands together) hehehehe,....

Why are you wearing lipstick :P
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has begun.

Looking good !

Dean will post some pictures in the morning !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-09-2011).]

Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2011 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It has begun.

Looking good !

Dean will post some pictures in the morning !

Man can't wait to see those pictures!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Syn:

Man can't wait to see those pictures!

Underway.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-11-2011).]

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony,
i told you your car would be done before mine! (well i am still plugging away but very buisy right now).
looks great and i love the hood vent!
al
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Looking good

Thanks Troy.

Encourgement and inspiration from people like you have helped to keep me going all these years.

You guys have set the bar in outer space, i am just trying to get off the ground and in the air hehehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2011 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well?
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2011 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well, what! lol
working on a few tweaks to the wide body I think you will like. we got some new hardner for the fiberglass yesterday so work will continue this week.
we should have an update on it the end of the week. I will keep you posted as we do but I also do not want to give away too much yet.
D.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, i forgot to mention go ahead and do that antenna delete/tuck..

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-27-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

We should have an update on it the end of the week.

We're at the end of the week.
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

well, what! lol
working on a few tweaks to the wide body I think you will like. we got some new hardner for the fiberglass yesterday so work will continue this week.
we should have an update on it the end of the week. I will keep you posted as we do but I also do not want to give away too much yet.
D.

Looking forward to it!

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just talked to Dean, things are moving along very nicely but for now the progress will remain,......

If i told you, we would have to,.....er well,...you get the picture.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-06-2011).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just talked to Dean, things are moving along very nicely but for now the progress will remain,......

Glad to hear things are moving alone!
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't make me have to go and visit Dean at his shop!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2011 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be posting new pics soon, I just want to work out the details first we are doing something new with the wide body and I want to get it worked out first
D.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the pics Dean, looking good !
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More parts ordered !

On the way,....

Camaro style/ Trunk lip spoiler.

Fiberglass nose to get rid of the black molding and for tweeking !

A few other goodies in the works as well.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-24-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we will be posting up a few new pics later this week. so stay tuned
D.

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You know, this is kinda lame.

I wish I had a Dime for everytime you've asked for pictures or updates & have gotten them.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2011 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hehehe,...

Just following a request made by the builder.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony has gotten updates on his car, I am not hidding anything from him. I am just working on a few things that I do not want to share at the moment because I want it to be the first car with it and not have it coppied before I get the chance to finish it.
it is no secret that we are slammed with work here so things are taking longer than I would like but they are getting done.

we did just get the rear bumper and fenders that Archie sent so that will help get the build going again. I have learned that when you post in progress pics people some times do not see the hard work that went into the car and would rather ***** about the work that has not been finished yet so I do not post them up but I do send them to the owners.

I have been told the front bumper is on the way as well and am just waiting on a call from Greyhound to go pick it up.
once we have all the parts the car will come together rather quick so please do stay posted.
D.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean did the lip spoiler arrive yet ??
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean did the lip spoiler arrive yet ??

not yet
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

You know, this is kinda lame.

I wish I had a Dime for everytime you've asked for pictures or updates & have gotten them.

Archie

This is a cop out,what is so special with this build unless you are doing a Lambo build and even those are documented.Archie shows all of his builds with how to info at the asking,hope it will live up to the HYPE as for copying all builders do even the Camaro spoiler that is being installed.

[This message has been edited by Boogaloo (edited 11-01-2011).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

This is a cop out,what is so special with this build unless you are doing a Lambo build and even those are documented.Archie shows all of his builds with how to info at the asking,hope it will live up to the HYPE as for copying all builders do even the Camaro spoiler that is being installed.

I was just commenting in jest..... giving Tony a little hard time.

Not really trying to start anything.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 11-01-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Relax dude !! Geeez......

It is all tongue in cheek. Not trying to hype anything, just having fun. There will be plenty of pictures forthcoming.

There is nothing to live up to btw,...not trying to impress you or anybody for that matter, i am building the car for MYSELF, as should anyone who is doing a project.

If you don't like what comes forth, oh well not my problem. Not trying to come off sounding like a jerk, i just think some people take things a little too seriously ?

I am just having fun with the build and the posts, sorry if you felt snubbed or whatever. Even Archie was just poking fun as he and i have done so many times in the past.

It's just not that serious,.....really.

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hope it will live up to the HYPE

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh it will!!!

But serious “US” who choose to have a builder (Whodeanie) or Archie build us something a little different gets all kinds of smack from the peanut gallery. You would think they were paying for our build… I mean really come on!!! Building an awesome car is about individuality, not what everyone else wants. Of course I am very open for anyone on PFF to pay for my build… send payment to Whodeanie
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2011 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony can take his car to whom ever he feels most comfortable with. I have no doubt Tonys car at Whodeanies will look awsome when it gets done. I will say why I had chosen Archies Place and it has nothing to do with distance. I chose V-8 Archies beacuse the work is top notch. They are very creative and inventive. Archie tells you about how long it will take to get your car done and how long before he can get to it. So when I dropped my car off I knew it was going to be worked on right away until it is done. He posts progress pictures along the way on how they do everything. I honestly am amazed for a company like his or any company for that matter to put it all out there and show the whole world how they come up and create everything. Thats why my buisness will always be with his company.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got a call from Greyhound last night that we have parts ready for pick up. we will be going today to get them.
the car is strating to take shape now and we will be posting up some progress pics by this weekend. it still has a long way to go but it strating to look cool.
D.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2011 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sweet !

I saw my friend, pedro's choptop the other day and it got me even more excited of what is to come !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Latest construction pics of #4.

Some of the changes may not be obvious so i will point out what has been changed so far.

First we started off with the standard Mad Arch widebody kit. The original plan was to pull in the rear pillars to create a shelf to go along with the hips, but Dean as crafty as he is, came up with another unique idea.

We decided to add his new widebody look hips on top of the mad Arch kit, which resulted in a wide hip with a shelf, simlair to the look Car-lo had before he decided to tear his car apart and redo it.

Dean also cleaned up the rear of the Mad Arch kit where it meets the rear lights. A lot of people complained that, that portion of the kit look unfinished, so he finished it off better.

The hood scoop is obvious, and is currently being finished.

Look for several other body tweeks along the way including RX-8 side mirrors, side and rear markers, a rear diffuser, camaro bowtie winglettes, audi style LED running lights, rear decklid treatment, and some customization to the new fiberglass nose.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-04-2011).]

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin Good Tony, Wider the hips I think makes it look more exotic.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks,

We are getting there !
rodrieguz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2011 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good T
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We decided to add his new widebody look hips on top of the mad Arch kit, which resulted in a wide hip with a shelf, simlair to the look Car-lo had before he decided to tear his car apart and redo it.

I very much like where this is going.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2011 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
latest update from Dean:

"I did some more work on your car over the last few days. I got the hips glassed on and am now working them to get the shape i want.
I will get some more pics this week. yesterday I was walking up behind it and I have to say it looks wicked from the back. once I get the hips done I will play with the wing.
D. "

#4 in the back on the far left. Getting excited !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-10-2011).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2011 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Latest construction pics of #4.

Some of the changes may not be obvious so i will point out what has been changed so far.

First we started off with the standard Mad Arch widebody kit. The original plan was to pull in the rear pillars to create a shelf to go along with the hips, but Dean as crafty as he is, came up with another unique idea.

Dean also cleaned up the rear of the Mad Arch kit where it meets the rear lights. A lot of people complained that, that portion of the kit look unfinished, so he finished it off better.

The hood scoop is obvious, and is currently being finished.

Look for several other body tweeks along the way including RX-8 side mirrors, side and rear markers, a rear diffuser, camaro bowtie winglettes, audi style LED running lights, rear decklid treatment, and some customization to the new fiberglass nose.

That is a nice addition to the kit. I like the hood and the rx8 side mirrors will set the car off. I might have missed it but have you decided on a color for the car.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock