Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71478 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2011 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Choptop, good to hear from you !

Yes i had considered it and Dean was going to build me one, but i changed my mind and decided to go with the regular fiero bumper with the ledge (hehehe).

I am going to replace the old outdated rear reflectors and add a custom, exotic looking diffuser of some sort. Stock, but sulper tweeked.
IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picked up a pair of these for #4 !

RX-8 side mirrors.

Acknowledgement to FerociousGTO for being the first fiero enthusiast to incoporate and perfect this particular mirror modification (below).

Just in case anyone else was interested in doing this mod, i have a third RX-8 mirror i will not be using that i will be happy to sell.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-21-2011).]

Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That mirror looks nice on there! Hmm... Giving me ideas like that while my car is sitting at Deans shop next to yours.. Shame on you! LOL
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kilofox13:

That mirror looks nice on there! Hmm... Giving me ideas like that while my car is sitting at Deans shop next to yours.. Shame on you! LOL

Yes Tony... shame on you!!! You are making us spend more money! LOL
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kilofox13:

I agree those look good. I might have to use them on my wife's build.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whooohooo !

My mirrors arrived today ! Darn do they look good !! Wow.

More parts on order !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-25-2011).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BTW, I think the RX-8 mirrors look HAWT on a modded Fiero, such as Dave's. I'm not just saying that because I did the RX-8 mirror install on Dave's car, either. I really do like the look.

If you need any help, let me know. Or are you going to have Dean do the install?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

BTW, I think the RX-8 mirrors look HAWT on a modded Fiero, such as Dave's. I'm not just saying that because I did the RX-8 mirror install on Dave's car, either. I really do like the look.

The actual goodies.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-06-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Going up to see my baby at the end of the month !

Dean check your PM.
FIEROSMIGLA

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good man !

Originally posted by exoticse:

Dean check your PM.

------------------
1987 FIERO GT CHOP TOP
1986 FIERO GT
1984 FIERO INDY PACE CAR
2011 CORVETTE GRAND SPORT
2007 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR
2006 MERCEDES SLK

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have found my wheels !!!

The wheels will likely be 19 x 8.5 up front with a 20 x 11 setup in the back. Rear lip will be at least 4", maybe even more.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-08-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cant wait until we FINALLY get finished with atleast one Fiero...
Still workin pn mine too..

Smooth

------------------
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean check your PM.

Tony,
Are you going to be at the open house?
Paul
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Tony,
Are you going to be at the open house?
Paul

Unfortunatly i will be up the week before.

Unless a fellow CFF member drives up also i will likely miss the open house.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have found my wheels !!!

The wheels will likely be 19 x 8.5 up front with a 20 x 11 setup in the back. Rear lip will be at least 4", maybe even more.

PM me a link, it will make those calculations easier.

A
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

PM me a link, it will make those calculations easier.

A

Done

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-09-2011).]

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunatly i will be up the week before.

Unless a fellow CFF member drives up also i will likely miss the open house.

That’s a bummer was looking forward to hanging out and talking chop tops

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2011 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are hottt! You are making me consider them. Darn it!!!!

Paul

The actual goodies.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ordered some of the mini-cooper side marker lights this past week and to my surprise the company never responded to my order !!

I got a response from Amazon that the company has not acted on the order in a certain amount of time so the transaction got cancelled. Arrrrgh !!

Maybe my piddly order was not worth their time ? Then why advertise the items ???

I guess it is back to ebay to find a set.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice mirrors.
IsellCARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsellCARSSend a Private Message to IsellCARSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put Konig 18's on mine. Everyone seems to like em

[This message has been edited by IsellCARS (edited 07-19-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 08-30-2016).]

IsellCARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsellCARSSend a Private Message to IsellCARSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
about 1.5 but they really stand out. The slaesmen from discount tire said 19's wouldnt fit, but im sure they could.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IsellCARS:

about 1.5 but they really stand out. The slaesmen from discount tire said 19's wouldnt fit, but im sure they could.

Koenig Unknowns - I had those on my Solstice for a while...

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IsellCARS:

I put Konig 18's on mine. Everyone seems to like em

Was this posted in the wrong thread? I don't get the post Tony will need custom wheels with the wide body kit
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Was this posted in the wrong thread? I don't get the post Tony will need custom wheels with the wide body kit

i already have my wheels picked out, they are custom 3 piece wheels that IMO are bad to the bone hehehe,

Only a couple people have seen my choice and i am going to keep it secret until they are in my hands.

Unfortunately i can't really order them until all the bodywork is done and precise measurements made so they fit like i want them to.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony

These are the ones I am looking at from bonspeed

Paul
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NICE! I am looking forward to seeing you this next week.
D.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

NICE! I am looking forward to seeing you this next week.
D.

Ditto, it has been awhile !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got to visit with dean and #4 today, had a great time ! More pics and details later.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got to visit with dean and #4 today, had a great time ! More pics and details later.

Awesome!!! Please post pictures. I can't wait for the open house, I'm going
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awesome!!! Please post pictures. I can't wait for the open house, I'm going

Don't want to post too much and spoil the open house, hehehe.

Anyway my main purpose of the visit was to sit down with Dean and go over some stuff for #4.

Let me tell you i thought Orlando traffic was a beast, ....it is a joke compared to Atlanta traffic,...WOW.

In fact right before i got to Dean's shop there was a pretty ugly rollover wreck.

The troopers are no joke in Georgia either, those guys were everywhere ! They looked like they were playing video games standing on the side of the road picking off cars !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Was not hard to find Dean's shop, thank god for navigation (what the heck did we do before ??).

When i first walked up the front offices were all dark and it looked like the place was closed and i was like huh ??

Then some guys from Atlanta performance stepped out of the shadows hehe and walked me to the back and thru the shop door and Wham,..now we were talking ! Music was cranking and whodeanie and crew were hard at work.

The shop is HUGE !

Hung out first in the work area with all the lifts, and tools, then Dean took me over to the other side,..and WOW it was like candy land !

just a sneak peek for you guys going to the open house. So many cool projects gong on.

Now about #4,........

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-27-2011).]

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony!

For not showing all the good stuff… I can wait a few more days

Paul
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found #4 snuggled back in a corner next to Dean's own lambo roadster and FierociousGT's widebody choptop.

from there Dean showed me the engine swap and a couple other things like the frontal battery relocation.

One of the things i had been unsure on was the hood scoop, but a closer in person inspection, erased all doubts !

I am really, really not a hood scoop type person, but trust me it looks way better in person than it does in pics, and Whodeanie and i discussed ways to make it flow with the car perfectly.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-28-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Among the many other mods we mapped out were the installation of the RX-8 style mirrors like Dave has here on his widebody choptop.

a side by side comparison of the stock ones and the RX-8 mirrors.

The RX-8 mirrors look absolutely amazing on a fiero, so much more modern and complimentary.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The widebody rockers going on #4.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

a little noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...mfu_in_order&list=UL

Awesome
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fell in love with these wheels at a Supercar rally in Orlando today.

They are Vellano wheels, and very, very similar (different brand) to the ones i have picked out.

The only thing on this particular brand, the owner said he has had clear coat problems and has had to send the wheels back three times for recoating !!

Still they were totally drool worthy and the best looking wheels at the gathering IMO.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-28-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock