Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71478 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Still waiting on parts to arrive.

X2
one last part holding up the whole thing, gotta love that.
I want to drive it.
IP: Logged
Car-Lo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My turn to watch
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean will be bringing my car to the show, so i will be getting to see it for the first time since the swap, right along with everyone else.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That'll be cool. Have you made an "executive decision" regarding the hood vent?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

That'll be cool. Have you made an "executive decision" regarding the hood vent?

No i haven't. I am going to have Dean bring it to the show so i can eyeball it firsthand to get a better perspective.

I have never seen the two together in person.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both Dean and i are getting very frustrated.

Tuesday is the deadline before i make other moves.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-07-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Both Dean and i are getting very frustrated.

Tuesday is the deadline before i make other moves.

I'm getting frustrated from reading (your) frustrations. If the part is ready to ship and you've already paid-what's the hold-up? Last I saw the postman is still running.
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tomorrow's comming no matter what, don't stress it. You're going to have a great car soon.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I'm getting frustrated from reading (your) frustrations. If the part is ready to ship and you've already paid-what's the hold-up? Last I saw the postman is still running.

Time's up.

Maybe the postman got lost ? (Yeah that is Kevin Costner,..and like the movie, this sucks)

Doesn't matter, been very patient, requested monies back immediatly (stay tuned) ,..... Dean and I are moving on.

He will be building me a custom setup.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-08-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you think Dean will have enough time before D11?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we did get the brakes changed as well as finish up some loose ends but without the exhaust I can not even fier the car so today I will see if I can build a test pipe to atleast get the car fired.
if we need I will build the exhaust if it does not show up this week.

here are some brake pics. the old calipers were all locked up, it is a woulder the car even stoped at all.
D.

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finaly got a call from the shipper and they will be here today with the exhaust.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got the exhaust as planed but the shipper crushed it so we will be using part of it and I will build the rest. it will work out better this way I can make it flow better for the motor but it will take longer.
should have some pic's up this week.
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

D.

Wow! it's down to the wire.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

got the exhaust as planed but the shipper crushed it so we will be using part of it and I will build the rest. it will work out better this way I can make it flow better for the motor but it will take longer.
D.

Let me guess....it...was...UPS????
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Let me guess....it...was...UPS????

nope, not this time, R&L
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ordered my Car-lo style exhaust tips !

Should arrive by the end of the week.

http://vibrantperformance.c...1059&products_id=101
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, with any luck I will get them fast so I can get the exhaust done in time for tunning. nothing like getting down to the wire
I have something cooking on the car at the moment
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ordered my Car-lo style exhaust tips! Should arrive by the end of the week.

http://vibrantperformance.c...1059&products_id=101

Tony, that's sweet! I like that type of exhaust tips because of it's size. Reminds me of the Nissan GTR. Those tips are huge!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-15-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony, that's sweet! I like that type of exhaust tips because of it's size. Reminds me of the Nissan GTR. Those tips are huge!

They will look even better once they are underneath a widebody rear bumper.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean did anything arrive ?

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, no tips yet but I hope to have them today. we did get the main part of the exhaust built yesterday. I need to go and get one flange to conect the header because I ran out of them.
once that is done we will be looking over the car and I hope to fire it tonight.
I will keep you all posted.
D.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a good phone call today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-22-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL! we did get it to fire yesterday but we have a bad fuel pump that we will be replacing today as soon as it gets here.
I was able to get the exhaust build and in the car, just waiting on the tips. we got the brakes bled.
today we are finishing up all the detail work like the sound deadner on the back wall as well as hopefully tuining the car this aftrenoon.
we were going to save this but Tony said to post them so I hope you all like it.
D.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks great!!!!
Ruffy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
took me some time but ive read almost every post in this build and i have to say nice car! seems like it is taking some time like all builds but with time comes perfection! great job and im glad you are spending the time and money into a car that is worth it oh and grats on the marriage shes beautiful. now time for babys! hahaha.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awesome! she's all one color again!
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!!!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the car waiting for tips. yesterday we got the sound deadener installed on the inside fire wall and finished up a few other details.
we have a problem with the computer not liking the swap, it went in to lock down mode and will not let the car start so we will be hooking up the tuner this morning to unlock it and tune the car.
so if all goes well I should be driving the car up and down the street this aftrenoon.

the computer is from a bonnie and it locks out the injector pulse in theft mode.
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This project is about to get really interesting,...hehehe.

i hope you are wearing depends !!

All i will say.

Did i mention i was happy ??

Crazy Man Dancing In Best Buy!!!

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-24-2011).]

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I heard....
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2011 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we did not make it to Daytona with the car because of vendor isues but we did get the car to fire and run yesterday.
it had a bad crank sensor and the computor was locked in security mode. once we got that taken care of we got the car to start but ran into a nother isue that we will have to work on today.
the oil bypass spring is stuck and blew out the filter it is an easy but messy fix. the car should be running by this afternoon.

Tony and I have talked and the car will be staying with us a bit longer for test and tune as well as a few other things we talked about doing.

I have been working non stop the last few weeks and now I am being told that if I do not take time off this weekend to handle a few things with my wife that she is going to kill me
I will miss all of you at the show.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some pics of the car outside.
D.

rodrieguz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony,

Any idea what you're doing with the engine hatch? that motor is too clean to get covered up it screams to be seen.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Dean for the pixs ! looking good.

Rod, no idea yet, but i am on the same thought vien.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got to meet up with a fellow choptop owner this past weekend at Daytona.

Ron is a really cool guy, with an absolutely stunning car.

His car looked so good it almost seduced me into chucking the widebody idea and just going stock,.........................................................................almost.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean.

Any pictures of the new tips ?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will get some today and post them for you.
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean.

Any pictures of the new tips ?

Dude, quit it. Enjoy your honeymoon!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dude, quit it. Enjoy your honeymoon!

oh trust me i am !!!

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-06-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock