Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71484 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man that install looks nice, the mods are great, the chop is awesome. The only thing that is going to throw this build under the bus is the LOOSE Nut behind the wheel!!!

The clock is ticking, I should be picking mine up next week. Might still have time to get it done before yours!!!

Joe
IP: Logged
powrmajik

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2010 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for powrmajikSend a Private Message to powrmajikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony! Long time no see! I started lurking here again and what do I find...YOU...STILL building this car! C'mon man lets go! Looks like you are finally making some real progress!

------------------

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I should have more pictures soon but for now we have gotten all the hoses and the new Fuel pump installed and I was finaly able to get the harnes for the trans slector that was missing.
we will be back on the wiring next week to get it done. also I finaly found a place to get the axles made so we should have those by next week as well.
more to come....
D.

Updates....... Pics....... Please......

P.S. Tony if I make it down to my second Daytona before you complete your Choptop Curly is going to put you on blast.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL! the car will be ready for Daytona! the motor swap is almost done. I need to pull it out of the car one last time to do a few little things on it and then it will go back in for the last time. I will have it running in Jan. so we can get it to the Dyno and tune it and then for a few road miles.
I will get some more pics of it soon.
D.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL! the car will be ready for Daytona! D.

WORD!
powrmajik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2010 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for powrmajikSend a Private Message to powrmajikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets see some pics Tony.

------------------

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, we finished the wire routing so we pulled the motor out for the last time so I could do some cleanup in the bay as well as finish all the wires up nice and neet.
we will be done with that today and the motor will be going back in today for good. from here it is just a matter of hooking up everything.
the first pic is of the bay with the new heat shilding in. we will be using a new sound deadener in the inside of the cab as well.
D.

more to come soon.
powrmajik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for powrmajikSend a Private Message to powrmajikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sure is clean! Reminds me of mine when I got it finished...though I must say its not nearly as clean anymore

------------------

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Smooth!!!!!!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh yes !! I am telling you guys, get your car over to whodeanie's shop,..he is the man !

Dean, still making a decision on the parts we talked about, will let you know this week.

Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Progress is looking good but looks like I am going to end up with my next fiero before your done hehehehe can't wait to see it when you a finished for now

------------------

Found a 88 formula Waiting to get a fence so I can re-home it
There are Two kinds of Fiero's : Notchies and Donors!

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are some pictures from today. we got all the detail work done on the motor and bay so the motor went back in for good today.
all the wires are tucked away and I taped the front for the new heater hose.

now that the motor is back in it is all about hooking it all up. hoses, cables etc. then a few fluids and to the road we go.
D.

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good, when done right and tight the 3.8 really looks right at home in the fiero.

I was wondering and I'm sure if I stay tuned I will find out but ahhh what you got planned

for sound deadening inside??? I'm hoping to start reinstalling my int. soon and wont until

I decide on what to use. The options are almost endless but boy it can get expensive. Ray
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

Looking good, when done right and tight the 3.8 really looks right at home in the fiero.

I was wondering and I'm sure if I stay tuned I will find out but ahhh what you got planned

for sound deadening inside??? I'm hoping to start reinstalling my int. soon and wont until

I decide on what to use. The options are almost endless but boy it can get expensive. Ray

I got some stuff from Will that I will be testing it is a sound dead pad that is used in Abrams Tanks so I think it will work great in a Fiero to cut down a little engine noise.
I will keep you posted once I get it installed.
D.

ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ex, I recently Googled "Perserverance", this is what came up!

[/QUOTE]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been working on the car this last week. we got the motor back in and all the wires and hoses connected. I test fit the axles and now I need to take them back and have them packed and booted.
I made a custom dog bone and intake tube I am just waiting on the conectors to come in. I also ordered the battery tray from Archie so we can get it in and get the car started.
I also got the plug wires all installed. here are some pics of it now.
D.

first the intake tube.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2011 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That engine bay gave me a little "chubby".
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know much about the use of the foil looking stuff...is it for heat protection or sound insulation?

I was just thinking, there is SO much detail work on this car that the foil stuff really detracts. Are there any plans to make the bay look more finished?

DEFINITELY not a criticism just a question!

FYI, I had a 57 chevy that had dynamat in the trunk that I never got around to finishing so it was all exposed.....cost me a lot of points at shows. I could never make up my mind what I wanted to do with the trunk finish.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pinching myself.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

I don't know much about the use of the foil looking stuff...is it for heat protection or sound insulation?

I was just thinking, there is SO much detail work on this car that the foil stuff really detracts. Are there any plans to make the bay look more finished?

DEFINITELY not a criticism just a question!

FYI, I had a 57 chevy that had dynamat in the trunk that I never got around to finishing so it was all exposed.....cost me a lot of points at shows. I could never make up my mind what I wanted to do with the trunk finish.

it is more for heat than noise. the stuf that i use for noise will not hold up to heat so I use it on the inside. I am still looking for a better product to use on the firewall that looks better but this is the only thing that we could find that would hold up.
the pictures do not do it justice though it looks way better in person and once the deck lid is on you will not see most of the firewall.
D.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whodeanie, PM sent...
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ChopTop:

Hey Ex, I recently Googled "Perserverance", this is what came up!

[/QUOTE]

You know it !

I get a lot of good natured ribbing from club and forum members about how long it has taken me to finish this project, but one can only go as fast as their wallet and skills will let them, so i do what i can, when i can and leave it at that.

I plan to keep this car for a long time and i have a vision and a focus. i could have built a really bad a** non widebody choptop by now, but that is not what i want so i just keep plugging away and building little by little, and it helps from keeping the task from becoming overwhelming.

i will keep working at the pace that works best for ME,........ no matter how long it takes to achieve the dream.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-10-2011).]

Morkidan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MorkidanSend a Private Message to MorkidanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good man!!!

------------------
86 2.8 V6 fastback GT 65k original miles
2004 SRT-4 stage1

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

i will keep working at the pace that works best for ME,........ no matter how long it takes to achieve the dream.

It's all about achieving long term goals and not settling for near-term gratification! If it was easy, everybody would do it. Hang in there!

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was doing research on this product a while back and I believe that Archie may have used it on one of his customer's car. There are two products and one can be sprayed over the other but not vice versa. Maybe Archie can give us some feedback on this product.

I may end up spraying this product on my car if I ever need to pull out my engine for some reason.

http://www.lizardskin.com/

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 01-10-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I plan to keep this car for a long time and i have a vision and a focus. i could have built a really bad a** non widebody choptop by now, but that is not what i want so i just keep plugging away and building little by little, and it helps from keeping the task from becoming overwhelming.

Tony, build your dream Fiero and settle for nothing less than perfection. If it takes more time-then so be it, but never settle for stock dreams. Tweak and tweak and more tweak my friend.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for updates and new pics!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

bump for updates and new pics!

Waiting for an exhaust setup to arrive.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, any updates on the wheels?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Tony, any updates on the wheels?

Yes, talked with the wheel company today and the numbers were very, very favorable !
Need to talk with eric next to determine what else is needed and if it is cost effective.
Kento

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony! this is my Idea of a Chopped Top

------------------

88 Formula CJB Arrived Finally. Time to start Working TONY!

There are Two kinds of Fiero's : Notchies and Donors!

PFF
System Bot
FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Waiting for an exhaust setup to arrive.

Looking good man , I plan to meet up with Dean in March, I decided to build another Chop but I'm starting with the motor first. I look forward to meeting up with you.

------------------
87 FIERO GT ( CHOPT TOP IN PROGRESS)
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, guys it has been long enough since I posted here for Tony.
we got the final asembled axles back and got them installed now all we need is exhaust
the car has a short list of things we need to do to other parts of it but the car will soon be on the road. I will try to get some pictures up this week.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to show this thread some love
D.

FIEROSMIGLA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

D.

WOW , nice job , Make sure you take me for a ride in March!!!

------------------
87 FIERO GT ( CHOPT TOP IN PROGRESS)
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hehe
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice install, what exhaust (muffler, tips) did you end up using, any pics ?
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, clean install on the motor. Can you show a little more pipe (exhaust headers)next time?
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

D.

Can’t wait to get some love myself
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still waiting on parts to arrive.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock