Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71534 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Hood vent I see?

Maybe,...considering cutting up and modifying one of these.

A slight tweek from this possible final vision.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-15-2010).]

IP: Logged
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you do custom headlights it may compliment the lines of the car more. The stock pop ups are very "square" and don't line up with the lines of the scoop
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nothing written in stone, just pondering for now.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, that hood vent looks HOT! If you need any help with that, I'd be glad to assist!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Tony, that hood vent looks HOT! If you need any help with that, I'd be glad to assist!

Thanks Mike ! Not normally my style but i saw something simlair on a concept design and it looked pretty sharp.

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An update for ya.
today I was able to get a few pictures of the car for you so look at the PM.
I also started the headers today. I got the headers fitted and tacked now I have them off to weld them all up. I need to go to Headman to get collectors and pipe for the down tube.
the motor and trans is mounted to the cradle now and once I finish the exhaust I will start on the wires.
that is it for now.
D.

the hood vent setting on the car.

and a pic of my wheel on your car.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, Wow, and Wow !!!

Thanks Dean !!

You sure now how to put a person into excitement overload !

The swap, the wheels, and the hood has a fella drooling and dreaming !
Logan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoganSend a Private Message to LoganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[/QUOTE]

where can i get these! front and back!

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Logan:

where can i get these! front and back!

[/QUOTE]

bonspeed.

http://www.bonspeedwheels.com/

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-31-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Some more angles of the hood scoop/ven

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Nice. You can't go wrong with a 5-star rim. I hope you nabbed those puppies.
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey exoticse awesome build im planning on doing a 3800 swap myself only using a 98 buick rivera motor and trans. i know the wirings not going to be excatly the same but when you get around to doing that part can you kinda lay it out for me step by step if its not to much trouble so i can have something to go by? it would be greatly apreciated.
88GTS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTSSend a Private Message to 88GTSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get the blue hood vent?

Thanks.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Niterrorz:

hey exoticse awesome build im planning on doing a 3800 swap myself only using a 98 buick rivera motor and trans. i know the wirings not going to be excatly the same but when you get around to doing that part can you kinda lay it out for me step by step if its not to much trouble so i can have something to go by? it would be greatly apreciated.

Dean is handling all the wiring and installation.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by 88GTS:

Where did you get the blue hood vent?

Thanks.

purchased it from Whadeduck. Not sure where he got it.

He would have to answer that question.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, all
My internet was down for a few days due to comcast running new wires but I am back up now.
an update on Tony's car is this.

I have finished the headers and they are at the coater now and will be back in 2 weeks. I have also started on the wires and the filler neck as well as delete the EGR.
I will post up some pic's again soon.
D.
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony,
i LIKE that hood vent!!
Should really enhance that wide body you been thinking about, after the engine swap is done!!!
al
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Nice. You can't go wrong with a 5-star rim. I hope you nabbed those puppies.

I 2nd this question, are these going on your ride? Are they 5x100 or are you going with custom hubs? Gotta love HRE's, though my favorites are the ones on the Perfect Union.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:I 2nd this question, are these going on your ride? Are they 5x100 or are you going with custom hubs? Gotta love HRE's, though my favorites are the ones on the Perfect Union.
QUOTE]

It all depends. The wheels are a possible pending purchase. The guy that owns them parts cars for a living and got them off a wrecked Z06 he parted out.
Both wheels on one side are damaged, rather the tubs and not the faces. Very important for 3 piece wheels.

It looks like about $300-400 each for new tubs. Might seem like a lot, but these wheels sell for about $3,500 - $4,000 per set !! The asking price ??? You wouldn't believe me if i told you,......
but lets just say this might be the steal of all time !

The hold up is finding out the exact sizes and offset of the wheels to see if custom hubs can be made econmically to make it all worthwhile.

The guy is holding them for me as long as i need, and he is checking the serial numbers to get me the needed information. He is just very busy and has asked me to be patient.

It was really just dumb luck that i even ran across them as i was in the process of doing a favor for a friend that helped me find this buried treasure.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-21-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brief update:

Dean has finished the headers and they have been sent off for powdercoating.

It is my understanding that he has made a jig and will be reproducing and selling these.

The wiring is what is being tackled currently.

PFF
System Bot
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't get a screw down in your injector hole good idea to keep those covered/plugged up.

Lookin good I like the header/downpipe setup that's nice.

[This message has been edited by InTheLead (edited 09-25-2010).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those headers look interesting. Do I see twin outlets on the bottom?
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice headers! I really wish someone would make aftermarket sets for the fiero that eliminate the crossover.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL! I was waiting till someone cought that. no that is not a twin outlet I was just using a U bend to hold it in place to get a pic.

as far as doing a set without the crosover I can do them but this way works better.

Update on the car today we did a bit more work on the motor. we got the bolts to install the trans all the way as well as a lot of other parts that did not come with the setup.
Motor mounts, fuel rails, tenisoners, coil mounts, AC compressor, trans tail shaft mount, alt. and much more. I ordered a low mount alt. set up that I will be getting soon.
also the headers should be back from the coater some time next week. I had them coated using a new color that will look great and will not look like others out their, I will post pic's once I get them back.
we also installed the new injectors and a stock fuel rail but we did rebend the fuel rail so the fuel lines are going the way they should. we will be droping the fuel tank soon to install the new fuel pump soon and once I get the headers back we will be installing the motor for the last time. the wires will be routed in a way that will hide most of them.
more to come..
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2010 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Outstanding !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-01-2010).]

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was great seeing you again Tony. Wish we had more time to catch up with all the drama I hope that you sent the headers out to be ceramic coated, Powder , even the high temp stuff will not last on the Manifolds. Might survive on the pipes though but not the manifolds.

Joe

------------------

Found a 88 formula Waiting to get a fence so I can re-home it
There are Two kinds of Fiero's : Notchies and Donors!

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the company that they went to for coating does all kinds of coatings, ceramic is what the headers are being coated with.
they even do cryo, rim, powder, ceramic and much more.

I will post pic's once I get them back. I am using a new color on them
D.

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kento:

It was great seeing you again Tony. Wish we had more time to catch up with all the drama I hope that you sent the headers out to be ceramic coated, Powder , even the high temp stuff will not last on the Manifolds. Might survive on the pipes though but not the manifolds.

Joe

Ceramic is the way to go, but I had a set of headers powder coated by a buddy who wanted to try it out (new stuff at the time). The headers looked brand new three years later.

Bob
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 08-30-2016).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update!
Today I went and picked up the exhaust from the coater. I mocked them up on the motor to get some pictures. I had them coated with a Tiatainum color ceramic.
now we will be able to get the motor installed in the car. I am still waiting on the low mount atl. but I hope to have it soon but at least we can install the motor so we can get the wiring and other things done now.
D.

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh baby !!

Way to go Dean !
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean,, how close to Atlanta Airport are you?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2010 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Dean,, how close to Atlanta Airport are you?

I am about 30 miles north. the airport is on the south side of Atlanta and I am north of Town.
D.
elitopr

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice customes headers like it!!!!!!!!!!!
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Headers look great...Question, though: With the dump on the passenger compartment side, how were you planning on running the exaust?

Bob
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Headers look great...Question, though: With the dump on the passenger compartment side, how were you planning on running the exaust?

Bob

that is the front drivers side of the car the exhaust runs the same way as stock.
here are some update pictures of the install. we have the morot in the car for the first time to do the wiring, fitting, hoses amd etc. I am waiting on the fire wall insulation to come in. once that does we will install the motor for good but rather than wait on that we wanted to move forward with the install. all the wires will be hidden on this one once it is done. it is way more work to do this but it will be worth it.
we ended up making our own alt. mount and a few other things.
enjoy, D

first the start of the wires on the inside, a big mess athe th moment but not for long.

also while the cradle was out we painted it with chassis black as well as upgraded to polly mounts.

Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful motor! Looks great. - kv

------------------

88 GT T-Top 5-spd #338 of 1252
87 SE 4-cyl 5-spd sunroof, spoiler, performance sound
85 2M4 base coupe T-Top 5-spd, rackless decklid, 15-in 88 GT rims, aero-conversion

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Excuse my big CHEESEY, CHEESEBURGER GRIN !!

Thanks Dean !!!!!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should have more pictures soon but for now we have gotten all the hoses and the new Fuel pump installed and I was finaly able to get the harnes for the trans slector that was missing.
we will be back on the wiring next week to get it done. also I finaly found a place to get the axles made so we should have those by next week as well.
more to come....
D.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock