Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71478 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now back to the project.

My stock dash speakers were toast so i decided to replace them. I had some fairly new ones from my former daily driver (honda civic) that i sold.

Started on the passenger side and pulled the speakers, from there i made a template using the speaker screen.

in the process of prying off the sealed speaker screen from the original speakers i got a sliver of my thumb pinched inbetween the tightly sealed lip and the cover for about 20 seconds, talk about pain and cursing !!

I wanted to see if i could re-use the speaker screen somehow, ouch !

i decided i want to keep it semi-factory, by reusing the original stock fiero connecter.

a loose fit without the adapter or soldering of course.

planning to use the templete to make an adapter out of mdf.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-18-2010).]

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003
These speakers are pretty generic, and i definatly plan to upgrade, but for now they will do to give me some access to some decent tunes, while i cruise.

The stock stereo is pretty weak and scheduled for replacement as well.

The top left screw on the driver side speaker is giving me fits. I have been working on it all day trying to get it off. The angle of the choptop windshield is making it difficult to work the socket.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-18-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice choice, but then again, I am biased.

Originally posted by exoticse:

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 03-27-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Nice choice, but then again, I am biased.

Tony your car was amazing ! Thanks for the funny story about will.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-28-2010).]

topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank for the compliment - as far as Will... he will never live that one down

I talked to him the following day and still poked fun at him. All in good fun of course.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok the basics:

Series 2 3800 sc engine pulled out of a 2000 bonneville ssei with 32 k miles.

4t65e tranny pulled out of a 2000 grand prix gtp and has 50,000 miles on it.

Along with the forementioned recieving a brand new set of fuel injectors still in their boxes, and a set of low mount tranny and engine mount adapters from fiero addiction.

Still needed:

trans linkage, throttle cable, wiring harness, ac compressor, power steering pump, just to name a few.

Not sure yet what i am going to do with this other part of the deal.

but i have a few ideas rolling around in my big empty head.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-29-2010).]

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice grab on the motor ....you do know when that swap is done there is another mod you have to do...
I' LL GIVE YOU A HINT....sounds like WIDEBODY
al
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

Nice grab on the motor ....you do know when that swap is done there is another mod you have to do...
I' LL GIVE YOU A HINT....sounds like WIDEBODY
al

Yes no doubt !

Seeing Clay's car at Daytona " HIGHLY " reinforced my slightly wavering thoughts.

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok the basics:

Series 2 3800 sc engine pulled out of a 2000 bonneville ssei with 32 k miles.

4t65e tranny pulled out of a 2000 grand prix gtp and has 50,000 miles on it.

Along with the forementioned recieving a brand new set of fuel injectors still in their boxes, and a set of low mount tranny and engine mount adapters from fiero addiction.

Still needed:

trans linkage, throttle cable, wiring harness, ac compressor, power steering pump, just to name a few.

Not sure yet what i am going to do with this other part of the deal.

but i have a few ideas rolling around in my big empty head.

LOL!, Tony I was there for that funny with Will I had to tell him it was not you LMAO!

as far as your other part of the new buy bring it to me, I have a saw for that
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clay's car is awsome!! all you guys with these cars and different mods are great, that's why i am going broke....i see something that looks great and i have to have it.
now if you don't mind...i know you are in florida!!! but please don't cut that top off.....I CAN'T AFFORD IT!!!
AL
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-05-2016).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Started playing around with some of the goodies i picked up at Daytona.

Thanks Will !

Can't remember if it was Will or Dean, but one of them came up with a fantastic way to use these badges ! I won't spill the beans till they get it done, but it is going to be very, very trick !

In the meantime,....hmmmm,.....

** Note these are just prototypes and not finished badges ! **

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-08-2010).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember seeing those badges at the Daytona show and thinking "whoa, those are cool!" So uh... you gonna let me in on the secret? eh? eh? *nudge-nudge, wink-wink*

topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are pretty sweet, and I almost had them as the "other Tony" My wife liked them and said I should have went along just to get them.

I remember where Dean placed them, and think they'd look sweet there.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 08-30-2016).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Topcat! LOL!

Tony, I want to play
D.

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man that looks sweet Tony! Making a lot of progress. Looks like you will get your done before I get another one

------------------

Found a Red 84 4speed, Waiting to get a house so I can re-home it
There are Two kinds of Fiero's : Notchies and Donors!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another exotic adventure,............

My girlfriend knows how bad i want a widebody kit,.........

so she always kids me when i talk about it saying,... " SHE is my widebody kit,"....well now that certian things are taken care of she is correct,...but rather than being it
she will be wearing it !

Shhhhh, ...to those who know her and talk to her,..she won't actually get it till next month,..planning something special.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-13-2010).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Testing out some visuals.

Spoilerless ?

Bowtie wing, which would eventually be morphed into this and obvioiusly pushed back further ?

Low rise wing ?

pulled out my 5 " wing stands to check out the raised look, but ran into some complications.

This last screw was all rusty and would just spin (stripped) but would also hold tight. Got to figure out a way to get this sucker out without doing further damage ?

The other spoiler did not have the screw sleeves needed to attach.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-13-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just read thru your whole thread again nice work congrats on the ring .
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking G R E A T....

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#4 getting closer and closer to getting it's new heart !

In the meantime a little more mocking up.

The idea would be to inset one or both of the badges, fill them in with resin and backlight them.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The idea would be to inset one or both of the badges, fill them in with resin and backlight them.

I'd put the small one where the big badge is... and finish it the way you want. Not overdoing it is key, so a small accent piece would work very well.

That's just me, though - you can do whatever you want.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Picked up an engine stand today from a fellow CFF member (thanks Blacktree) for my 3800 sc engine.

Mike also stuck around to help me with a wiring issue. We had to partially pull out the dash to get some wiring that had inadvertently been tucked away during a past dash removal.

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you 'popped the question' yet..??
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

Next week !

Meanwhile,......today my 3800sc engine and tranny arrived !!

Big thanks to Bill (Hop) who hauled it down from Jacksonville for me.

thanks also to Mike (Blacktree) for the loan of his engine hoist and engine stand as well as helping to unload things.

Anybody looking for a fiero ?

An 86se with bad engine was also part of the deal, but i need to finish the choptop before starting another project.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-20-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Busy, busy, busy !

Finally had some free time today to inventory some of the goods that i recieved along with the 3800sc engine and tranny.

Fiero addiction tranny and engine mounts.

Bonnesville axles

various other parts recieved

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-25-2010).]

nosaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
keep up the nice work, wish I had a few more Fiero buddies to come over and help!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Busy, busy, busy !

Finally had some free time today to inventory some of the goods that i recieved along with the 3800sc engine and tranny.

Okay, Mr. Busy, Busy, Busy. You got until July 31st (this year) to have the car shipped to Whodeanni for 3800SC install.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

PFF
System Bot
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have a friend pull upwards on the wingstand while you unscrew, the mounting plate is spinning inside the wing.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean will be handling the install of my engine. I am very excited !

Great guy who does great work !
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Okay, Mr. Busy, Busy, Busy. You got until July 31st (this year) to have the car shipped to Whodeanni for 3800SC install.

What is July 31st? I will be going down to Fl. to pick up the parts car and the Motor within the this next mounth. I will get it done as soon as I can so he can still drive this summer but I want it to be working and clean before it goes back.
D.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

What is July 31st? I will be going down to Fl. to pick up the parts car and the Motor within the this next mounth. I will get it done as soon as I can so he can still drive this summer but I want it to be working and clean before it goes back.
D.

Hehehe that is Curly's self-imposed deadline for me to get #4 to Georgia.

I told it might be a couple months and he said July 31st or he is going to ride me.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hehehe that is Curly's self-imposed deadline for me to get #4 to Georgia.

I told it might be a couple months and he said July 31st or he is going to ride me.

LOL! we will get it done and on the road. I want this car to make Daytona Next year. I may even try and finish the body on mine and bring it.
D.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

She said Yes !!!

We made up a basket and went for a picnic lunch downtown at scenic Lake Eola.

After eating we walked around and checked out the sites.

Finally found a nice shaded bench, and enjoyed a romantic moment where i got up the gumption dropped to a knee and popped the question. Many happy tears later, she could not stop smiling.

Many of the nearby joggers cheered us on. It was great.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-28-2010).]

JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congatulations nicely done
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

She said Yes !!!

Finally got up the gumption dropped to a knee and popped the question. Many happy tears later, she could not stop smiling.

Many of the nearby joggers cheered us on. It was great.

Well done sir Very classy.
I wholeheartedly approve.... A real gentleman, you are.

Also, nice shoes - a brilliant picture of you two. Just remember... don't sweat the small stuff. Good luck to ya
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations Tony!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock