Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71478 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, been busy house hunting for a new bigger home for #4.

i think we found it !
IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back on Track !

Been a hectic and emotional past couple of months. First my father unexpectedly fell ill, was diagnosed with terminal cancer, then quickly passed away.

That was tough, especially for my mother, but we have all begun to come to terms with our loss.

Immediatly after i get home, my daily driver dies (for good) and i am forced to deal with that situation. Get that situation rectified, thanks to a fellow PFF and CFF member (thanks Rueben !), and then i need to help my mom get all my dad's personal and business matters in order,...WHew !!

Amidst all that my gf (future mrs !) and i are in the process of finding and buying a house (pending) !!

With most of that taken care of i can finally get back to #4 !!

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-23-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Looking back, before the chaos broke out, i was in the process of stripping down my v-8 archie dash and interior i purchased from a fellow PFF member.

Mission accomplished.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Since my daily driver died and it had some fairly new (about 1 year old) speakers installed, i decided to relieve the soon to be junked Honda of it's audio eardrums hehehe.

this set was in the civic door panels.

I also took the other set from the rear of the car as well.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Since i was off yesterday i decided to head to the bone yard looking for some parts for a couple of secret projects i have planned for #4.

I had not been to this particular yard (Preston's) in a while, but i like it because they are very reasonable and things are very organized and easy to find.

Unfortunatly no fieros at this time, but i guess that could also be a good thing hehehe ?

Anyways i saw a few things that got me thinking. Curly you are right that would look good !

Sad this is what our proud brand is coming too.

One thing i was specifically looking for was fiberglass bodykit pieces that i could swipe, tinker with, and modify.

This looked like a possiblity, until i saw the other side,..about 50% of it was missing, on both ends.

A once proud ricer.

One thing i did notice is that a lot of the cars were picked clean,...and i do mean clean !!

This one at least had the dash although not in very good shape.

There looked like a lot of professional bone yard pickers there for sure !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-23-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see you back in the game
keep us posted
D.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, I feel sorry for your loss...and also good to see youre putting time into #4 now...as in moving on with your life...good luck !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Anyways i saw a few things that got me thinking. Curly you are right that would look good !

I guess you're too late. Somebody already took them.

IMO it would be best to get going with your brakes. That way you can get the car on the road and then think about tweaking the car. Trust me; your imagination grows when your driving your Fiero around, especially when coming to and from your car; you start seeing items you've once over looked (well that's how it works with me).
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2009 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, you know this is the construction zone....

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2009 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New design concept for #4 !!

Big thanks to Car-lo for his vision and artistic skills.

Note mad-arch widebody, front side nose vents, and my favorite,.... the modified bow-tie wing !

front will feature the audi TT style running lights in the modified aero nose.

custom hood and decklids also falling into the equation,..stay tuned.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-30-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2009 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

speaking of which been out doing some scouting for some other parts and mods.

hmmm,.....

These got my attention while out and about.

Seen those before.

More scouting

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2009 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003
tired of the dangling wire !

ok now back to work,.....

She should be tagged in a couple weeks,..look out !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-30-2009).]

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony! great Progress. Clock is ticking, I'm actively looking for a fiero now so watch out! Get to work or I'll end up beating you

------------------

Found a Red 84 4speed, Waiting to get a house so I can re-home it
There are Two kinds of Fiero's : Notchies and Donors!

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates !!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Out with the old, in with the new !

Not much of an update, just busy work. Tired of these.

Time for this puppy to say bye, bye.

Yuck !

Good thing i ordered up a replacement.

Wow no telling how old this thing was ?

Something fresh and new !

Sitting in it's new home !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well #004 make too D10 this year or will it be a "no-show"?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Well #004 make too D10 this year or will it be a "no-show"?

For the third year.... no-show or will #004 make it?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dealing with starting issues.

Car suddently stopped starting this past week or so. Cranks but does not start. Ran a series of tests and checks today and car has fuel and spark, so WTF ??

Even changed out the ignition coil, fuses were good, IAC passage was not clogged, checked the distributor prong thigee, that sometimes gets corroded, that someone suggested, ECM checked out OK, could it be maybe a timing issue ??

Hellllp !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-16-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It could be numerous issues with the 2.8 therefore you might want to invest in a few tools if you plan on keeping the engine. A scan tool is the first tool needed to detect the codes given (I had a scan tool but some jackass at the repair shop decide he needed it more than me and stole it). The said, if you've checked the obvious known parts that commonly fail- it might be the pick-up coil. Check this site for common electrical issues;

http://home.comcast.net/~fierocave/

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-16-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It could be numerous issues with the 2.8 therefore you might want to invest in a few tools if you plan on keeping the engine. A scan tool is the first tool needed to detect the codes given (I had a scan tool but some jackass at the repair shop decide he needed it more than me and stole it). The said, if you've checked the obvious known parts that commonly fail- it might be the pick-up coil. Check this site for common electrical issues;

http://home.comcast.net/~fierocave/

Thanks for the link !

Mike (Blacktree) did indeed have a scan tool and we found the car was throwing no codes.

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the link !

Mike (Blacktree) did indeed have a scan tool and we found the car was throwing no codes.

Tony,
it may not throw a code if it will not start. I would start with the most common problems and work my way threw it.
when did the car run last? what did it run like? I know this sounds dumb but does it have any gas and is it good?
if you have looked at all those I would look at the timeing, make sure the distributor is turning and on the #1 when it should be.
does the car try to start at all? look at the tail pipe as well and make sure no water or oil is going out the back also pull the dip stick and check it for gas and water in the oil. it could be anything but if you keep looking without getting mad you will find it. gas, air, spark all at the right time. make sure the fuel filter is not cloged with trash and that the fuel is getting all the way to the motor. these are just a few things I can think of for you to look at, without seeing the car myself I can not be more help. Just take your time and post here with more info after the tests and we will help you find it.
Good luck and keep us posted.
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, did you find the problem or decided to work on it after D10?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, did you find the problem or decided to work on it after D10?

Back at it on Thursday.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-21-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back at it on Thursday.

On my thread, Dale (Songman) was experiencing similar problems your having.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-25-2010).]

JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you turn the ignition on can you hear the fuel pump
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPH87:

When you turn the ignition on can you hear the fuel pump

yes

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

some old video i found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYEdignG7k0

sorry about the crappy quality.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tony how old is the gas in your tank? Are you near E? if so you may want to check for water in your gas and change your gas filter. Your car has sat for a long time.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony. Aren't those the same plates from the previous owner or have you registered the car in FL, but haven't gotten around to putting the new plates on?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back at it on Thursday.

It's Thursday.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, what do I have to do to get that car to Daytona? come down a day or so early and fix it for you jk.
I will if I have to
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, what happened? Is #004 going to pass on attenting D10 this year?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, what happened? Is #004 going to pass on attenting D10 this year?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not much time left on the clock Tony.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohhh my so many choptops on the forum now... congrats. I am so far behind, especially with no Fiero now.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.youtube.com/watc...ture=player_embedded

It's good to have friends with tools ! Big thanks to Blacktree, Nathrak, and toomanycars for helping out with the choptop tech session this past thursday.

After some troubleshooting, these guys who have way more experience than me were quick to find a pair of culprits.

a fresh set of plugs and a new ignition coil and she was purring like a lion again ! hehehe

Good thing Nathrak brought his compressor, because there was apparently a small shrubbery of leaves and gunk on the front hidden side of the engine ! hehehe

This week she gets a shakedown and logs some road miles.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-14-2010).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The problem with CT#4 was basically a systematic ignition failure. It was getting spark, but not enough to ignite the fuel. The ignition coil was weak, which apparently led to fouling of the spark plugs.

Hey Tony, if you want to have a "chase car" with you on the shakedown cruise, let me know. It would be a good idea to get it on the Turnpike and crank it up to about 75-80 MPH to burn off some of the deposits in the combustion chambers.

It'll be good to see CT#4 at the Daytona show.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony,
I am glad to see you got it going, I knew it had to be something small like that.
now get it to Daytona
I will see you there
D.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Decent weather today so i decided to continue an unfinished project.

Before i got going however i had to check my mail, seems i got a goodie in the mail.

ahhhhhh.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock