Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
An Exotic Adventure,..the Rebirth of Choptop #4 ! by exoticse
Started on: 01-28-2006 07:24 PM
Replies: 1054 (71478 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 02-25-2024 01:02 AM
ClayTonto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

BTW ,...how do you get your thread nominated to the Construction zone ??

PM Sent

Wahoo!!! Page 10 Ownage!!!

[This message has been edited by ClayTonto (edited 03-01-2009).]

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2009 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the move Clay !
ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2009 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
X I'm glad to see you're making progress. Are you keeping the interior tan? I still have a set of 88 Beechwood leather seats in my garage. PM if interested.
Morkidan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2009 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorkidanSend a Private Message to MorkidanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking really good !!

------------------
86 2.8 V6 fastback GT 65k original miles
2004 SRT-4 stage1

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2009 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!

Any updates w/ pics?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2009 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry no updates, totally bedridden at the moment.

So sick right now, i am miserable. Can't even eat.

Missing time from work ($), and losing time trying to make daytona.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-08-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry no updates, totally bedridden at the moment.

So sick right now, i am miserable. Can't even eat.

Missing time from work ($), and losing time trying to make daytona.

get well soon Tony.
I am going to try to make Daytona and i would love to see you there as well.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Dean,

I will definatly be there, just a matter now if the chopper will make it.

Time and money are my enemy right now.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Dean,

I will definatly be there, just a matter now if the chopper will make it.

Time and money are my enemy right now.

I know what you are talking about. I am going to try my best to be there but the car will not make it.

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't feel bad guys, I'm in the same boat. Well, there is always D10, (I hated to say that)
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2009 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fun money frozen for the moment.

Will probably be this summer before any significant progress. We are waiting to find out ( end of May) if my girlfriend will have her job next year.

Until things are solidified on that end, i cannot justify spending excess money that may be needed for the household.
It sucks, but that is life.

Until then i will be doing mostly just mockups, with maybe a hood treatment or dashwork /interior work actually being done.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-18-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little side project i am about to undertake.

Going to make a little wall art in my garage for my choptop., like this replica guy did, in lamborghini script, on his garage wall.

I think i am going to go with Fiero GT, and or Pontiac in the FIERO FONT.

This is how he told me he made it:

" Its 3/4" MDF plywood covered with stainless steel metal-mica. I used a projector to project the image on the plywood, drew it out, then cut it with a jig-saw. Then I painted it black, and covered the face with a sheet of thin stainless steel veneering (metal-mica). Then I routed the excess off, and it was done. The crest is also 3/4" MDF, covered with a flag/banner that I bought from Ebay for $10

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-29-2009).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THAT is a replica???? Best I have ever seen!
Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im guessing he wants to build the thing on the wall... haha
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

THAT is a replica???? Best I have ever seen!

Yes and it is built off a fiero.

This car has everything from custom made, WORKING, paddle shifters that work with the fiero DNA, and working, motorized, bat wings. Yes probably the best murcie replica ever built.

You probably have to join the kit car forum to see the pics, but his build thread is here.

http://www.madmechanics.com...-me-build-(changes)/
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony,
PM me with your info and I will get the package put together and let you know what shipping will be.
Dean
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Tony,
PM me with your info and I will get the package put together and let you know what shipping will be.
Dean

Done.

Thanks again.

Tony
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony,
Dean

Done.
Thanks again.
Tony

Whatever it is, I want one too J/K

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

Whatever it is, I want one too J/K

You already have it! LOL

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You already have it! LOL

LOL
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Test fitted my V-8 Archie dash today and i found it to be just a smidgen tight on the fit,...might have to shave off a bit off the sides. No matter as i was planning on modifying it and removing the covering the previous owner had attached.

Until i get the brakes fixed, i try to run the engine to keep it happy till #4 is ready for the road. Last time i left the headlight switch just a smidge on, so my battery ran down, so today #4 needed a boost.

No problem cranked right up.

While i was fiddling around in the garage i found some of that blue painter's tape that Madcurl is famous for, and started playing around with some hood ideas, none of which blew me away,...but it was fun anyways.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-06-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a nice dash, just don't forget to tweak it;

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh trust me it will barely resemble it's former self when i am done.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While i was fiddling around in the garage i found some of that blue painter's tape that Madcurl is famous for, and started playing around with some hood ideas, none of which blew me away,...but it was fun anyways.

Just go with the "Extreme Hood Extractor", you are welcome to make a copy of mines.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like fun.
Tony, when you do the hood vent don't go to far forward on the car you will have to redo it if you do
because you will be into the radiator. the back edge of the headlights is about where you want to be.
hagans19

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-07-2009 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hagans19Send a Private Message to hagans19Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is mine in progress
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

looks like fun.
Tony, when you do the hood vent don't go to far forward on the car you will have to redo it if you do
because you will be into the radiator. the back edge of the headlights is about where you want to be.

Dean is rigth Tony. Here is a another idea (56k warning).
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2009 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tony. What happened to the pose?

CETICARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CETICARSSend a Private Message to CETICARSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The widebody kit:

UOTE]

HAS ANY ONE PUT THIS KIT ON A STRETCHED FIERO CHASSIS ,I HAVE A EXTRA FIERO ALREADY STRETCHED 9"

I wonder what it would cost for the upper door parts ,the rear quarters an just the scoops behind the doors with no rockers an both rear bumpers sides , so they mach the upper rear quarters so i can change the rear bumper ARCHIE HOW MUCH or guys @ ARCHIE,s

[This message has been edited by CETICARS (edited 05-06-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CETICARS:

HAS ANY ONE PUT THIS KIT ON A STRETCHED FIERO CHASSIS ,I HAVE A EXTRA FIERO ALREADY STRETCHED 9"

I wonder what it would cost for the upper door parts ,the rear quarters an just the scoops behind the doors with no rockers an both rear bumpers sides , so they mach the upper rear quarters so i can change the rear bumper ARCHIE HOW MUCH or guys @ ARCHIE,s

You might want to call V8Archie , but the thread link is here; //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/064001-19.html

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Tony. What happened to the pose?

oh you mean this one ?!

Tough sell (being chilly) with the palm trees and the 90 + heat today.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-08-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oh you mean this one ?!

Tough sell (being chilly) with the palm trees and the 90 + heat today.

to much sunshine to pull that one off!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
INSIDE MOVES

Phase 1- Skinning !

With #4 still tucked away, waiting on a brake job, i decided to work on things that don't require cash, hehehehe.

A couple years ago i acquired a V-8 Archie Dash from a forum member over in Springhill.

The kit was pretty complete from what i could see, and i got it for a virtual steal of a deal !!

The previous owner had the dash semi-installed in a GT that had a norm's flip up nose that i believe now belongs to forum member Jake Dragon. At any rate the previous owner had the dash and other kit pieces covered in some type of tweed material and had done a few various cutouts.

Actually did a pretty good job, in covering the dash, it just was not something to my liking or that was going to work for me.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-16-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003
With that in mind it was time to do some Skinning ! My main focus was to get back to the basic fiberglass so i could mock it up and modify to my style.

The key would be to try and get the covering off without doing too much damage to the glass. At first glance things did not look too daunting.

Oh well time to just jump in !

Even though i took my time to make sure nothing got destroyed, things went along fairly easily.

Once i got the center console naked, i decided to give it a sneak preview of it's new home.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

The main dash was next,..

Even though it took a little longer, it too came thru unscathed !

The scalps,,..hehehehe

These too came off undamaged, so someone else with a V-8 Archie dash could re-use them if they so chose.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003
One thing i did notice is the previous owner had made even more cutouts that were not visible from the top due to some type of covering, that was not fiberglass.

(underside view)

(view from the top after removing the skin)

No matter since it can all be reglassed to suit my design.

Both pieces had the yellowish residue from the adhesive used to apply the former skin.

Not sure if that is something i need worry about as far as future chemical reactions with resin and other products ?

Next up,..more skinning,.. and a special field trip !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not sure if that is something i need worry about as far as future chemical reactions with resin and other products ?

Ah,... yeah.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Next up,..more skinning,.. and a special field trip !

never mind,

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 05-18-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, any updates ?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 27 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock