Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  TAZMNDVL - Build - 350 QB - 6sp - chop ... and more (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
TAZMNDVL - Build - 350 QB - 6sp - chop ... and more by DrCPU
Started on: 06-01-2006 09:45 AM
Replies: 439 (31285 views)
Last post by: DrCPU on 01-15-2015 08:35 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

I think my boyish charm and good looks did the trick - although she loves the car!

PS - Thanks Chris!

I'm sure the horns helped too.

I wonder did Ginger approve?

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Awesome but you need to put his puppy in the photo with him as well

Let me ask if it's OK with Ginger.... Here's her answer...

Ginger's pissed, hehe.
j/k Dave,hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-20-2008).]

IP: Logged
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol... That's Awesome!

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

The progress thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/077740.html

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome but you need to put his puppy in the photo with him as well

------------------
Fiero Thomas
Indy #64
86 Fiero GT
NIFE Member
Fiero News dot net
Click here for E-Break and Shifter boots
Click here for Sunshade bags and T-Top Bags

kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just finished reading through this whole thread.
My fiero's going to love you
My wallet's going to hate you
Thanks a lot
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

I just finished reading through this whole thread.
My fiero's going to love you
My wallet's going to hate you
Thanks a lot

K, you're welcome. Hope you get some ideas out of what I've done and maybe learned how not to do certain things - like say putting uncurred resin in your fridge to save a few cents.... way too funny - even now.

Dave
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DrCPU

707 posts
Member since Jan 2004
Nice thing about Ginger - is she's a dog and doesn't mind it if I bring the scent of a woman home tee heee heee. Now the smell of another dog is a different story!

Way too funny - you guys crack me up!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dave, anything "new" we should expecting at the 25th?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Dave, anything "new" we should expecting at the 25th?

Apparently hes grown another horn and has found a girl friend.
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Apparently hes grown another horn and has found a girl friend.

LMAO
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only going to fix the headlight motor gears and cogs and then replace both struts for the lambo doors.

The passenger door strut gave up after only a few openings - say 25. The driver side is weak and if it hasn't blown over the winter will likely be needing a replacement very soon. I ordered new struts from Lambodoors and have 950lb rated units. The crap installed by XtremeDoors was supposed to be rated at 900lbs - but like I said - was likely the worst crap they could get their hands on.

The XD guys have supposedly contacted Jay to make things right, but I don't expect they are capable or evne have a capacity of being honest. I'd never go anywhere near them ever again. Crap service, crap product. Crap service is even way to nice a word to use. If I pass them on the road and see they've been run over - will likely take a second shot at them myself just to make sure they don't rip anyone else off.

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 02-21-2008).]

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... Crap service, crap product. Crap service is even way to nice a word to use. If I pass them on the road and see they've been run over - will liley take a second shot at them myself just to make sure they don't rip anyone else off.

Ok Dave now tell us how you really feel
PS PM sent your way.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Monthly

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Curly! Still unseasonally cold. Have this Friday and Monday off - so hope to get the headlight motors out and repaired this weekend.

Dave
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well - I finally got off my keister today. Rebuild both headlight motors gear assemblies - Gen 2s.

I'll create a thread in the technical section and paste back a link in this thread - once it's complete. I took lots of pictures and came up with some solutions not described in the instructions for keeping the two spring loaded brushes in place to make the re-assembly of the motor easier for the passenger side assembly.

If you've done this work yourself before, then there won't be anything special to see other than my shortcuts. If you need to do this work I hope the pictures and story line help you make quick work of this job.

I'll post more later. I should have the thread done by tomorrow - check back soon!

Dave

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 03-29-2008).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DrCPU

707 posts
Member since Jan 2004
Here is the location of the headlight motor rebuild....

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/090444.html

I'll finish the job and reinstall everything tomorrow - including the car battery to get the Taz started for the first time since she went to bed in the fall....
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DrCPU

707 posts
Member since Jan 2004
The rebuild thread is pretty much complete.... happy reading!

I still need to post pics of everything running - will do that tomorrow!

Now I need to change my picture on my signature line.... this one is real old...

------------------

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No job would be complete without proof of the work.

Here it is...

Yipeeeee Kayyyy Yeaaaa Baby!

I've forgotten how good that engine sounds after five months in moth balls! I can hardly wait to get her on the road!

------------------

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 03-30-2008).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The weather is starting to cooperate. Took the TAZ out today to try out the new front rubber.

Bought Marangoni rubber last year for the rear 245/40 18s and just put on Marangoni rubber up front 225/35 18s.

Will post pictures later this weekend.. I like the look I really do!
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good DrCPU - any progress on fixing the lambo door hinges?
I'm going to pass on them for the Roadster but they might be interesting on the newest project.

SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Last post for the day is the final pick before I unloaded the car at home. That 6" drop tongue did the trick. Loaded it forwards and had no troubles at all - save for some rain as soon as I crossed into Canada at Buffalo!

Teh Fiero looks great, the two pic's just reminded me of when I picked up my recent ride, my M3. They were so close in angle and such so I wanted to post them. It's such a nice feeling getting your car on the trailer for the ride hah?

------------------

'87 GT *Show winning* sold
'98.5 BMW M3 Dakar Dinan
'89 BMW 325I Zinnoberrot

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As promised, some shots of the TAZ - after a wash - and with the new 225/35 18 rubber up front.

PFF
System Bot
GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is looking great. Nice to see a chop top that looks finished.
Thanks for posting up some fresh pic's
Have a Nice Day
Gary
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'm bored; please entertain me

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-19-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I bore very easily; please continue to entertain me with pictures and your whimsical dialog

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I bore very easily; please continue to entertain me with pictures and your whimsical dialog

Will post the results of my going back to regular door hinges later this week. Right now I'm worried that the Lambo hinges has sidelined the TAZ for an indeterminate period of time.

Dave
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just thought I'd continue adding the details and photos to the "Help" request thread rather than detracting from my build thread...

Ok, to be precise, I've taken one step back and reverted to the original hinges from the Extreme Doors VDC kit....

For more fun and enjoyment - please follow this link => //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071308.html

Dave
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it's July 8th 2008 and it's almost been a year since I opted for the Xtreme Door hinges.

I just finished buttoning up the last little bits and the TAZ is back to original hinges. Andrew (AugiDoggie) and a friend (Aidan Griffin) both helped get the driver side hinge done. Boy - did I learn a lot.

I prepared the passenger side two weeks ago and waited until last night to do the passenger side with trusty old Aidan. This time it took about an hour. Still used up three hours getting the mirror and skins on - but I sure used some lessons of the past to make the hinge install perfect forst time around. No adjustements needed. I also figured out how to remove the side molding clips by reverse engineering the setup. The old clips break real easy - so must be very patient. Of course if your taking the skin off - it's as easy as pie!

I have not heard anything from Chirs and Kyle since the driver side shearing failure. Emails have gone unanswered.

The TAZ needs a good wash and wax - both inside and outside - and will try to do this before the 25th. The good news is the TAZ and I are driving to the 25th! Whooohooo!

I'll likely bring the Xtreme Door hinges to the 25th for interested parties to look over. Also will bring the extra struts I purchased. The bolt ends of the struts are smaller diameter than the shocks by XD. I might part with them under some very stringent conditions. All eyes will be opened - but if someone can machine a little - then it might just be your project ***.

*** This is a warning in advance.
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The good news is the TAZ and I are driving to the 25th! Whooohooo!

Me too Dave - I am hoping to catch up with one of the GTA/SOFA caravans using the 401/402 route on Wednesday night or Thursday day.

Ryan

------------------

86 LT1-4T60 Nitrous Roadster~84 Indy Northstar-Porsche Hatchback

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

Me too Dave - I am hoping to catch up with one of the GTA/SOFA caravans using the 401/402 route on Wednesday night or Thursday day.

Ryan

I've been so darned busy with life in general that I have not had time to plan a route or figure out when I'll actually leave. I did want to go to the drag strip to get in a few runs, but have not checked the threads yet to see if it's still on or not. I won't be towing - so I won't push it up the strip - but would like to get three or so runs in where I shift at the 4k range to see how much better I can improve on my 13.8 time. The engine has been tuned a little (or so the guy said that I paid - chuckle).

I do have a room for Wednesday night at the main facility..... Looking forwards to seeing everyone!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you work out the route to the 25th?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you make it home okay? Was Ginger glad to see you or did she give you a lecture?
PFF
System Bot
HTXtremes

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pics at the 25th of the "TAZMNDVL"

------------------
'88 Coupe (extensive mods underway)
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/086359.html

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, did you make it home safely? Did you have any issue with the boarder guards? Did Ginger get her treats at the boarder?
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, did you make it home safely? Did you have any issue with the boarder guards? Did Ginger get her treats at the boarder?

Thanks for asking Curley! I had a hapless trip back and got back around 2:00am. Customs searched my truck, car and trailer. I did not have my paperwork from the last time I declared all the work and they thought I did an engine swap. So it took more than a little footwork to keep them happy. Thirty minutes of time I'll never get back. The customs guys uttered a "wow" when I opened the doors of the Taz, when I opened the hood and the back hatch. They asked if the engine was supposed to be in the back.

They let me go when they found a copy of the paperwork I filed in 2006 when I declared all the work Archie did in the chop/swap job. All is well.

I'm in the middle of moving my Dad from Ottawa to Mississauga - so will be posting my own picks on the hinge install in about a week and a half.

Great seeing you (and everyone else) at the Chop Top Reunion.

Dave
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I missed you Dave. My car should be ready for next year
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm in the middle of moving my Dad from Ottawa to Mississauga - so will be posting my own picks on the hinge install in about a week and a half. Great seeing you (and everyone else) at the Chop Top Reunion.

Dave

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reminder. I'm hoping to find some time this week to download my pics from the CT Reunion. No kidding - I've been so busy driving back and forth from Mississauga to Ottawa that I've done nothing on the net since the reunion. Took out the TAZ today for a run (out sailing) and it was nice to be out just having fun again.

The VDI hinges work great - now I just have to hope that the great weather holds so I can get a few nice weekends in before it starts turning "Fall" in the great white north!

Will post more this week - promise....

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 09-21-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2008 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2008 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know - me bad bad boy....

Took this weekend off and went to the trailer ans raced on Sunday (sailing). I'm looking at my camera and still need to load software on my new system before I can post anything. Will do the update this week. Patience young grasshoppers!

Dave
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know - me bad bad boy....

Took this weekend off and went to the trailer ans raced on Sunday (sailing). I'm looking at my camera and still need to load software on my new system before I can post anything. Will do the update this week. Patience young grasshoppers!

Dave

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock