Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  TAZMNDVL - Build - 350 QB - 6sp - chop ... and more (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
TAZMNDVL - Build - 350 QB - 6sp - chop ... and more by DrCPU
Started on: 06-01-2006 09:45 AM
Replies: 439 (31286 views)
Last post by: DrCPU on 01-15-2015 08:35 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Turkey bump!
IP: Logged
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey - you got top of page 11!

All moved in to the new place and getting closer to finishing the stairs in oak etc. All the finicky small cuts are taking a lot more time than I thought possible. ALso ripped out the laminate flooring and will need to do more, like tiles in the powder room and kitchen. Didn't plan of that - but once you get started there seems to no end to redoing things that just don't look right. tehee - At least I can do all the work myself.

The TAZ is almost read for bed for the winter - thought the weather has been pretty good here up north! If we get some sun this weekend I'll likely take her out for a good run. I'll post a pic once I get her ready for the cold nap! Might even get some project work doen this winter!!

DrCPU

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 11-25-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:
If we get some sun this weekend I'll likely take her out for a good run. I'll post a pic once I get her ready for the cold nap! Might even get some project work doen this winter!!

DrCPU

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-12-2009).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Welll - uhmmmm, I plugged in the tenderiser for the battery - but I don't know if that qualifies as an update. LOL

I did get three days of driving during the weather break and am jealous of everyone of you who do not have to deal with snow and can drive their project cars 12 months out of the year....

Still thinking about the dash. Have a new air horn to install and a toggle switch so that the rear hatch light stays off when open (at my discretion)...

Still knee deep in house renos, but the light is perceptable at the end of the tunnel.

Merry Xmas to all!

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 12-21-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2010 bump

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2010 bump

Not much going on - watching Barrett Jackson. Did notice the 84 pace car went preety cheap! 9650 includes buyers premium!! Wonder if it went to one of us?

Dave
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2010 bump

Nearly 5-months and no updates. What tha???
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All is well. Driving the TAZ on the weekends to my trailer etc. I've been too preoccupied with reno work on my 30yr old new townhouse LOL and with taking care of my father (ALZ) to do any new mods to the car. I have a few small projects listed - air horns etc and hope to get them done in the next month. Ohh yeah - getting a new addition to the familly by the end of the month - 7 week old cane corso - so any promises I make don't count!! teheee

My Archie Chop top driver and passenger windows were broken by UPS in transit. Still waiting to get them redelivered. waaaaaaaa!

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My Archie Chop top driver and passenger windows were broken by UPS in transit. Still waiting to get them redelivered. waaaaaaaa!

What tha.....!
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What tha.....!

You got that right - What tha *&^%$)!!

Was ready to the new windows in and UPS decided to break the window(s) before delivering them. Thanks goodness they did not just leave them at the door. Archie will ship another set once UPS settles with him. No idea where it was broken in shipment - could have been by local driver or anywhere from after it left Archies... Waaaaaaaaaa! I keel U!!

------------------

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You got that right - What tha *&^%$)!!

Was ready to the new windows in and UPS decided to break the window(s) before delivering them. Thanks goodness they did not just leave them at the door. Archie will ship another set once UPS settles with him. No idea where it was broken in shipment - could have been by local driver or anywhere from after it left Archies... Waaaaaaaaaa! I keel U!!

Dave, you have EMail.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie’s shipping crate was top notch so UPS had to really work hard to do that kind of damage.

My babies all snuggled up and waiting for a ride

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Archie!

UPS mustha used the crate for bomb practice, or to see how many times the crate could drop and bounce before they heard a crash and lots of snickering.

Like I said, I've been sooooo freeeekin busy, they would have stayed in the garage (impatiently). With the new pup coming by the end of the month (Ginger still has no clue) I'll be taking a couple of weeks off and will have time to do the windows, air horn and other bits and pieces!

No harm, no foul, as long as you do not lose out. I say they were worth $1 Billion dollars in case of damage!

Sock it 2'em!

Dave

PS The pup will be twice Ginger's size at 8 weeks. Should be a hoot!

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Like I said, they would have stayed in the garage (impatiently). With the new pup coming by the end of the month (Ginger still has no clue). PS The pup will be twice Ginger's size at 8 weeks. Should be a hoot!

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd misplaced that animated GIF I made, and knew you'd post it if I baited you! LOL Thanks MadCurl!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks MadCurl!

your welcome
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FedEx next time
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Isolde:

FedEx next time

Best way to get something to Canada, unbroken and untaxed - USPS and good old Canada Post! It's true!!

This the breakdown of a shipment via UPS, Fedex or other courier.

Cost of product $100
Cost of shipping $100
Brokerage fee $99
Extra taxes $199
Extra charge because package was "heavy" $100
Cost ot go pick it up at Courier as they only deliver 9-4pm Monday to Friday $50
Inconvenience of returning damaged product, getting brokerage fees reversed and doing it all over again (elapsed time 1+months) etc $1000
Total Cost = $1,648.00

vs

Cost of Product $100
Cost of shipping $4.95
Pick up at local mail box and delivered within 3 days $0.01
Total Cost = $104.96

Now up pick the preferred method!

LOL

------------------

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 07-16-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spring backward bump!
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me soo bad. Me not do anything this summer with mods.

I'm still spending a crazy amount of time on the townhouse and the new dog...

I promise to do something this winter!!

Dave

------------------

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Archie!

UPS mustha used the crate for bomb practice, or to see how many times the crate could drop and bounce before they heard a crash and lots of snickering.

Like I said, I've been sooooo freeeekin busy, they would have stayed in the garage (impatiently). With the new pup coming by the end of the month (Ginger still has no clue) I'll be taking a couple of weeks off and will have time to do the windows, air horn and other bits and pieces!

No harm, no foul, as long as you do not lose out. I say they were worth $1 Billion dollars in case of damage!

Sock it 2'em!

Dave

PS The pup will be twice Ginger's size at 8 weeks. Should be a hoot!

I work at UPS and let me tell ya, what you said about dropping the box to see if it bounces isn't that far from true! Don't worry, I didn't break your windows! The majority of my fellow employees treat packages right, but every so often there are the brainless idiots that whip S*** around and just don't care one bit. I assure you, NO MATTER WHAT BULL UPS TRIES TO TELL YOU, THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHO BROKE YOUR PACKAGE!!! Every time a package moves from one destination to another on one of it's several stops before your home, it gets scanned by an employee. In fact, any time the package changes hands within UPS, it gets scanned. Whenever a package is scanned, the person who scanned it is held accountable for the packages safety. When the next person scans it, it becomes their responsibility, and if they discover it to be broken, the previous employee is disciplined accordingly. If one employee receives enough damages, they can even be terminated! Now, understand that accidents do happen, and they don't always happen from carelessness. Buuut my money says that in YOUR case, it likely was dropped. Kinda hard to break something in a wooden crate otherwise!

------------------
"He took my stapler. I could burn this building down."

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I promise to do something this winter!!

Dave

TrackMagicWS6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrackMagicWS6Send a Private Message to TrackMagicWS6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

I work at UPS and let me tell ya, what you said about dropping the box to see if it bounces isn't that far from true! Don't worry, I didn't break your windows! The majority of my fellow employees treat packages right, but every so often there are the brainless idiots that whip S*** around and just don't care one bit. I assure you, NO MATTER WHAT BULL UPS TRIES TO TELL YOU, THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHO BROKE YOUR PACKAGE!!! Every time a package moves from one destination to another on one of it's several stops before your home, it gets scanned by an employee. In fact, any time the package changes hands within UPS, it gets scanned. Whenever a package is scanned, the person who scanned it is held accountable for the packages safety. When the next person scans it, it becomes their responsibility, and if they discover it to be broken, the previous employee is disciplined accordingly. If one employee receives enough damages, they can even be terminated! Now, understand that accidents do happen, and they don't always happen from carelessness. Buuut my money says that in YOUR case, it likely was dropped. Kinda hard to break something in a wooden crate otherwise!

Since you work at UPS you know that a pkg has to be able to survive a fall from 4 feet onto concrete and not break because thats how high the belts are.

------------------
97 WS6
04 Ranger Edge
88 Fiero GT

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, good memories, good times.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TrackMagicWS6:

Since you work at UPS you know that a pkg has to be able to survive a fall from 4 feet onto concrete and not break because thats how high the belts are.

Not the package in question. His package is what would be considered "bulk" and bulk packages (At my hub anyway) do almost NO riding on belts. They go from one area of the building (unload) to another (bulk sort) on a belt and that's it. And that belt is about 6" off of the ground at the start and maybe 2 1/2 Ft at the end. From there they are hand loaded on to tug carts and dealt with by hand from then on. I absolutely agree that they SHOULD have to survive certain falls, but to my knowledge, there are no such regulations. Perhaps that is a suggestion made by UPS to our customers, but if so, people certainly don't follow it. Instead of beefing up their packages, people seem to think that a few "Fragile" and "This end up" stickers take care of it. That is a joke. The belt system doesn't give a s*** what stickers you put on it, because those machines aren't going to read them. I'd say that 3/4's of the damaged boxes occur in transit on the belts, slides and diverters. My rule is, If you would hesitate to jump on your box, then it's not safe to ship it. When we stack packages into walls inside freight trailers, the packages on the bottom can easily be subjected to 500 lbs of weight on top of them. That's under normal circumstances! So if you wouldn't put your own weight on a package, why would you put 500 lbs on it? If an employee does their job correctly the way they are trained, the weight on your package is evenly distributed and it will be perfectly safe. But why chance it? It only takes one moron to destroy your package.

Anyway, sorry to hijack! No more from me! Back to the show!

------------------
"He took my stapler. I could burn this building down."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need pics.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2011 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh my goodness! Fall bump.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fall back bump.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey CPU, what's new ??
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going through favorites and realized I haven't seen nor heard from Dr. CPU.
zap

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zapSend a Private Message to zapEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, does anyone know who owns the GT40 (0n pg 1) of this thread?

[This message has been edited by zap (edited 05-16-2012).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zap:

Hey, does anyone know who owns the GT40 (0n pg 1) of this thread?

That was mine. Drove it for a couple of years & sold it several years ago.

Been building another one, but now someone has bought it & we're finishing it up for him.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...000046-71.html#p2825

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey hey - how'z everybody??

I should be down in Philly the second week of May. Plan to drive the taz down.
rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey hey - how'z everybody??

I should be down in Philly the second week of May. Plan to drive the taz down.

If your coming down in May are you going to come down in June for the 30th and see everybody. Just wondering, because it's going to be a long drive and would like to see you, it's been a while.

[This message has been edited by rgeeinc (edited 04-10-2013).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dave & Bob, How are you all doing?

A
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Taz you still out there ??
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2015 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Taz you still out there ??

Still here, but life (tm) has been keeping me way to busy to do much more to the Taz....

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock