Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  TAZMNDVL - Build - 350 QB - 6sp - chop ... and more (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
TAZMNDVL - Build - 350 QB - 6sp - chop ... and more by DrCPU
Started on: 06-01-2006 09:45 AM
Replies: 439 (31286 views)
Last post by: DrCPU on 01-15-2015 08:35 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2008 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2008 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well - it looks like I have a few moments to document the VDI hinge install I did at Archie's Sept 2-3 of 2008. Sorry it's taken so long to post but life seems to be extra busy the past two months. I moved my 83 yr old father to Mississauga and it's been a ton of work getting him into an old folks home, selling his house, getting rid of a lifetime of his stuff etc....

Most of you know I love spending the week before Fierorama at Archie's. Well this year was no different. Archie, Rob and Kris are a ton of laughs - and they really know their stuff. Yeah that's my opinion based on dealing with him since my swap in 2005.

I drove to Rockford on the holiday Monday and left Mississauga at about 6am. I trailered as I did not know how long it would take to get the VDI hinges installed - that I had shipped to Archies at the beginning of August. I arrived at around 5pm on the holiday Monday only to find Kris driving out. They said they thought I was driving in and would be there first thing in the morning. We agree to start in earnest on Tuesday morning.

Archie is the consumate host and I convinced him he'd need a watchdog for the rest of the week - so Ginger and I hunkered down in the shop at night. Thanks Archie! It was crazy hot those first two days and no AC had me thinking I'd made a mistake. Oh well - this stuff happens when you're cheap like me. At almost 95 degrees it took until the wee hours before the temp was even close to being comfortable. Thank goodness it cooled down on Thrusday!

Anyway - first things first. Tuesday at 7am I drive my car into the shop and get the benefit of the car lift. No one can start anything until I take off all the hardware. My deal with Archie is I do as much as possible to minimse my costs. I'd taken off the XD hinges in the Spring and know how to do this stuff in the dark now.

The first order of business is to take off the rockers, then the front fenders, then the inside door panel, then the mirrors, then the inner lower door trim, then the outer door skin. The last thing to come off is the front window guide that runs up and down the front part of the door - in between the door. This makes getting to the hinge bolts easy as pie.

Here is a pick of the driver side - stock hinges - front fender and rocker panel off.

Same thing - other side.

Inside door panel - passenger side.

Driver side - removing the front window guide (bolts are on the inside)

Driver side - no window guide.

Next picture shows the bolt locations on the inside of the door (passenger side)

The final pic for this post is Rob welding in tabs at the top and bottom of the door with the frame. We do not want the door to move when we take off the stock hinges. Please note the door is closed! (tehee)

More tomorrow.....

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 10-15-2008).]

gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave,
Thank you for posting.....I thought Curly was going to go into cardiac arrest!
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gaas88:

Dave,
Thank you for posting.....I thought Curly was going to go into cardiac arrest!

Worse than having a girlfriend! I've learned to ignore the opposite sex - it's a male thing. Bwahahahaaaaa!

I did promise to post - so I don't blame him.

Probably about two or three more posts with about 30 pics to go...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gaas88:

I thought Curly was going to go into cardiac arrest!

Hehee.

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VDI Hinge Install post #2

Let's see where I was - Oh yeah - Rob has just welded on the two tabs to keep the driver side door in place before we remove the stock hinges....

If you check the last picture in the first post there is a very very slight detail of something quite funny. I don't think any of you will find the item - so I'll narrow it down. It's trailing from the driver door - at the rear of the door....

We remove the stock hinges....

Next we place a pit of stock steel that had the holes pre-drilled and tapped. This way the mount point is perfect with the standard bolts! The cut VDI hinges will be welded to this stock later..

Next is a little detail of the VDI Universal Hinge Kit - note the wishbone with the mounts for the door has already been cut off. We need to cut off the bottom mount now...

Kris hard at work cutting the lower mount off the VDI hinge

Next is the build up for the top mount of the VDI hinge. Note the rounded edges (both sides) for a good weld.

And a test fit once things have cooled down and been ground flat....

Now a close up at the lower mount point - this needs to be built up with a nice weld...

And a few with more lighting showing how the wishbone will be tacked and then welded the last pic has the welds done.

Now a couple of picks of the hinge just before we are ready for the test opening....

Alrightythennnnn! Now to cut off the bits that were welded on to keep the door solidly mounted to the frame during all this mounting/remounting and welding.

The next few are different shots - at different angles.... The hinges still come off one more time for final clean up of welds and some paint....

So now the door and hinges are off for the last time. Must clean up the area while everything is open, and one more look at a finished hinge!

That's it for today's post. The first two posts show all the work performed on the first day - Sept 2,2008. There are many small details I could have added, but most if not all of the important things are covered off the now "acclaimed" Archie/DrCPU Youtube production of the complete install.

I'll post the remainder of the images of the finished project next week. Yup - that's it for me until Wednesday - let's see - close the trailer this weekend - fun and games on Monday night - Old farts hockey on Tuesday..... Enjoy yours too!

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I promised my post today - so here is the final installment for the VDI hinges.....

This last part is a bunch of pics I took three days after the install and one at the Chop Top Reunion....

and the shot from Saturday at Archie's place during ChopTop

So as a wrap up - if you follow the last two posts and then check out the youtube video - you'll have all the info you need to get perfect fitting and perfect functioning doors! follow this link to the videos...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094708.html

In closing this post - thanks again to Archie, Rob and Kris for such a great week. More fun than I've had since last year's Choptop!!!

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

In closing this post - thanks again to Archie, Rob and Kris for such a great week. More fun than I've had since last year's Choptop!!!

We had a great time too.

You need to know that you're always welcome here.

Archie
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave, the car looks great!
PFF
System Bot
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Dave, the car looks great!

Thanks Who! I really like the way the car has evolved. Madcurl has given me a few ideas - so I'm keeping my eyes peeled to find something that works best for my tastes. Yeah - I'm being a tease - but won't be doing too much over the winter in terms of mods - more thinking about options than anything else.

Althought the paint is only coming up tp two years I do need to get a few chips fixed. The front hood needs to be redone - I need to grind down the seams from the glass job I did with the insert and redo that job with a much wider swath of glass. I have some ideas for the rear trunk lid as well....

hmmm - back to the drawing board.......

Dave

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 10-24-2008).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dave every time i look at your car it gives me encouragement on mine !

At the 25th Anniversary show i found myself just coming back to your car and smiling to myself time after time.

Seeing yours now was a big reason i made the jump and am having Archie install the same lambo door hinges.

Even my gf thought your car was pretty cool !

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliments exoticse. Your car is really coming along nicely as well. Funny how quick time flies by on these projects. I prefer the ever evolving project as I`m getting new ideas. Most of them aren`t worth repeating in public - but the process of thinking about a change - to visualising it - to seeing others doing something similar, or not, is the best part of a project IMHO. Having a `finished`car is nice - but then you gotta do something else....

I`m still stuck on the dash. I`d really like to get a donor dash - all the parts - and then start cutting, adding foam and glassing over to get what I want for my car. I know I`d like a rev light blended into the top left of the driver side dash - kind of like a circular hump (say 1/4 the diameter of a 1 inch light) wihout a big ass tach. Something with class. I`d also settle with 4" analog speedo and tach and 1" for the remainder of the gauges. Backlit off blue would be nice.... I`d also change the temp control, radio etc and angle that more to the driver. A Zune dock (built in) would also be a must!

See lots more to do - just need time space and money.....

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!!

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Southern Ontario Fiero Association
Yellow 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cleanest and sleekest choptop I've ever looked at, by far!

Do you mind if I ask what wheel/tire combination you're running?
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

The cleanest and sleekest choptop I've ever looked at, by far!

Do you mind if I ask what wheel/tire combination you're running?

Thanks for the compliment!

I've got 18" MSR rims (I think they are 40mm offset - but I'd have to check the rims to be sure) with 245/40 at the rear and 225/35 up front. The rubber is Marangoni (Z rated) - from Italy.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2008 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been pretty quiet here.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's see - the TAZ is away for the winter, my Dad takes up most of my spare time and had knee surgery....

Sorry - but not much to post until I decide what to do next.... tehee
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2008 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let's see - the TAZ is away for the winter, my Dad takes up most of my spare time and had knee surgery....

Well, what's kicking?

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A bit too quiet here.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let's see what's on.....
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey there Curl!

Not much happenin' here. It's way cold and a ton of snow and salt on the roads. Another month to six weeks before I take the Taz out of hibernation.

I have been giving a lot of thought (but just that) to my next project. It will be a new dash. I might be moving from the Condo I'm in into a rental farm house (with barn) later this summer. If I do make this move then I'll have lots of space to do my own stuff.

So far I haven't seen what I want in a dash. Nothing too extravagant - but with nice analog gauges and a red rev light 2" custom into the top left edge of the dash. I really need to get a hold of a used dash & centre console and bolt it together. Next, I'd layer foam and then shave out the form I want with all the indents for the vents, zune player, GPS etc and get a much beeter looking dash that I could then fiberglass myself. I really want the instruments that are currently on the right side (with the radio) turned about 15 degrees towards the driver and I want the whole thing as a smooth uniform curved surface that better fits with the lines of the choptop instead of the boxy setup it is right now. I'd include a glove box as well.

Maybe someone has ideas or samples?

If I don't move then it will likely be a longer time before I get what I want done completed.

Dave

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 02-06-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey there Curl!

Not much happenin' here. It's way cold and a ton of snow and salt on the roads. Another month to six weeks before I take the Taz out of hibernation.

I have been giving a lot of thought (but just that) to my next project. It will be a new dash. So far I haven't seen what I want in a dash. Nothing too extravagant - but with nice analog gauges and a red rev light 2" custom into the top left edge of the dash. I really need to get a hold of a used dash & centre console and bolt it together.
Maybe someone has ideas or samples?

Dave

It's sleek w/analog gauges.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take a look at the new AC Cobra dash. I think you will find it to your liking. Simple and classy.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Take a look at the new AC Cobra dash. I think you will find it to your liking. Simple and classy.

Haven't seen that dash andI want to keep the very front part of the dash (by the windsheild) stock so it fits right in. Exact dimensions. I know Archie has a dash but the console portion is straight. I guess that might be a starting point to then just add the other bits I want. Guess I need a scrapper car to rip parts off to see what can be adjusted (the air and heat controls) as I'd want those angle twards the driver seat as well.

Will look inot it when I have some time. Thanks
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DrCPU

707 posts
Member since Jan 2004

It's sleek w/analog gauges.

What car is this from?
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a link to some photos of the cobra dash. My PIPS isn't working so can you post? Just click on the photo of the car and a selection of photos will come up.

[URL=http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.tuningnews.net/news/040106/shelby-cobra.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.tuningnews.net/article/040106/shelby-cobra/&usg=__VPWMDM8ZYnUQcpgpl1M_uiyO0nk=&h=390&w=520&sz=40&hl=en&start=14&um=1&tbnid=3I-23JMm5tAep M:&tb]http://images.google.com/im...d=3I-23JMm5tAepM:&tb[/URL] nh=98&tbnw=131&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dshelby%2Bnew%2Bford%2Bac%2Bcobra%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 02-06-2009).]

Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2009 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What car is this from?

Hi Dave,

It's a Niagara project car - here's the thread:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/073226.html

Ryan

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2009 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all! Yup it's been a quiet Winter for me. The TAZ has been out and about on the weekends for about 3 weeks. She's running real well and I'm back at the trailer (opened this weekend) so all is now back to normal.

Not too many things planned for the car other than a shark style antenna that I'm thinkng will go just behind the sunroof. Need to visit a few wrecker yards to see what's available frst. The antenna is under the right fender now - but grounds out often enough for me to either isolate it properley from the front frame member or go with the smallest over the roof stubby antenna I can get my hands on.

Will be thinking about the dash this year - but need to find a wrecked car to steal the dash out of so I can foam it and shape out exactly what I want. - that's the plan anyway.

Might take me a year or so of "thinkin'" before I settel on what I want. Will have fun doing this anyway - so no need to rush.

Will post some more newish pics in the next couple of weeks.

See ya!

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will post some more newish pics in the next couple of weeks.

See ya!

Times up buddy.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2009 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess that Canadian time is different than US time! tehee!!

Not much to report. Been driving the Taz on my time off etc. She's running real good! VDS shocks are just as strong as they were the day they were put on last September.

I still get a LOT of stares with the car. Lots of thumbs up and kids just go gaga when the doors open. Come to thik of it - everybody goes a little gaga when they open.

I've been real busy with my Dad and other stuff. I'm moving to a townhouse in September, so the real bad news is I won't be making the CTR this September. I have to rip out the old carpets and put hardwood most everywhere. I'm off the first two weeks of September - but will be putting in sweat equity into my new abode! I'll sure miss Archie and all the gang. Oh well - the good news is I'll have a garage and basement to do project work this winter! Wooohoo!

Sorry for being so quiet - but I spend about 30mins a week on the 'puter. No more than that as I work all week on them and need a break.

Best to you all!

Dave (aka DrCPU - Flash - TazmnDvl))
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking result. Just thought that I'd advise that "The TAZ" name has already been applied to a 3800 Fiero, (now a 4.9L) that was (is) owned by an Ed Williams. I believe that Ed is from Florida. I have not heard a word about Eds car of late but if any of you remember it from around 10 years back it was painted a bright blue and had some unusual detailing. I believe that Ed was a senior citizen back then so who knows where the car is now or even if Ed is still with us. I'll try to dig up some pics in old FOCOA magazines and post them here. Point is that you have TAZ Fiero number 2.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Great looking result. Just thought that I'd advise that "The TAZ" name has already been applied to a 3800 Fiero, (now a 4.9L) that was (is) owned by an Ed Williams. I believe that Ed is from Florida. I have not heard a word about Eds car of late but if any of you remember it from around 10 years back it was painted a bright blue and had some unusual detailing. I believe that Ed was a senior citizen back then so who knows where the car is now or even if Ed is still with us. I'll try to dig up some pics in old FOCOA magazines and post them here. Point is that you have TAZ Fiero number 2.

Thanks for the interesting information. I hope that Ed applied for a copyright (LOL) and he did so in the international courts (LOL x2). The TAZ is a nickname given to me more than fourty years ago. I use the TAZ as a short form for the Tazmanial Devil (aka TAZMNDVL) as my personalised plates show.

I'd love to see any pics you can find of Ed's car. Mine is '95 Jaguar deep black cherry. I have the brown interior and it has the color scheme of a real TD. I guess the looks of the true TD and the mean streak are best attributed to my personal way of doin' bidnez. LOL

Dave
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the interesting information. I hope that Ed applied for a copyright (LOL) and he did so in the international courts (LOL x2). The TAZ is a nickname given to me more than fourty years ago. I use the TAZ as a short form for the Tazmanial Devil (aka TAZMNDVL) as my personalised plates show.

I'd love to see any pics you can find of Ed's car. Mine is '95 Jaguar deep black cherry. I have the brown interior and it has the color scheme of a real TD. I guess the looks of the true TD and the mean streak are best attributed to my personal way of doin' bidnez. LOL

Dave

Dave: I guess there is no law against calling your Fiero Taz. If you can locate a copy of the now defunct FOA publication called Pontiac Fiero Connection, the picture of Ed Williams TAZ is on the cover and there is a four page article on the car on pages 22 through 26. Eds car used the theme of the cartoon Tazmanian Devil with the logo on the quarter windows.
Ed is a retired NASA engineer and incorported many unusual modifcations to his Fiero including an electric GM power brake booster kit, a 3800 N/A and later a 4.9L engine, Mangelis wheels, custom air grill and hood scoops and a host of interior refinements. Ed resided in Titusville FL and his phone number was 407-269-5934. Ed was active in Space Coast Fieros for a while but he seems to have withdrawn from the hobby..

Note the TZ logo on the quarter window and the paint accent treatment. This photo dates to 1997 so it looks like your going to have to give up the name-LOL!
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 07-16-2009).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Note the TZ logo on the quarter window and the paint accent treatment. This photo dates to 1997 so it looks like your going to have to give up the name-LOL!

Thanks for taking the time to locate the pics, scanning and posting them. Tres chic!

No worry about the name - my car is TAZMNDVL and just TAZ for short when I refer to it in posts. Saves me a few keystrokes and spelling mistakes!

If Ed wants me to change it then we can resolve this the friendly way - meet somewhere neutral and wrestle Roman Grecko style - I'll bring a gun cuz I like to cheat! LOL - Hope you know I'm just kidding and the last part was a rip-off of Indiana Jones, althought he did not include the wrestling...

You can tell it's been a loooong day...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What Devilish things have you've been into?

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hiya Madcurl!

I've been working 16hr days getting my townhouse into shape for my move next Saturday. Laying 1200 sq ft of 3/4" thick x 3 1/2" red oak strip flooring. I took possesion on Aug 31st and have been of on vacation since!

Fiero wise, bought some new air horns and rear reflectors. My backup lights are located where the reflectors used to be - so I need something to be compliant with the LAW. lol.

Anyway, have a few ideas and need to finish up on the home and get moved in before I get back to the Taz. Good thing with the move as I have a basement and a garage and can work on itmes this winter. Yaaafreekin hooo!

Missed not seeing the group at CTR and Fierorama. Will be there next year for sure!

Gotta run now - thanks for the tickler!!

Dave

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 09-06-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay