Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Lets Convert a Fiero to Right Hand Drive (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Lets Convert a Fiero to Right Hand Drive by AusFiero
Started on: 12-16-2005 06:46 PM
Replies: 205 (21291 views)
Last post by: northeastfiero on 04-12-2012 07:39 PM
CARBONETICS_F1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CARBONETICS_F1Send a Private Message to CARBONETICS_F1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not many new threads nowadays but, it was cool to watch
IP: Logged
James_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James_GTSend a Private Message to James_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone heard from Aus lately? I haven't seen him around here on the forum for quite a while. Hope he manages to complete this conversion someday.

The quality of the RHD conversions varies a lot depending on who did them. Some look spot on with hardly any noticeable differences, others are a little more obvious.

@Carcenomy

I just noticed in the photo of your dash that they actually switched the shift indicator over to the right hand side. That's pretty rare. Most conversions I have seen don't bother with that, although it's not that inconvenient having it on the other side.

------------------
James

RHD 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see concerns about moving the brake booster those querying this are forgetting that it is just a line full of fluid. You could build a loop the loop in the lines and wont effect the performance as long as the booster can compress the fluid. My car doesn't look converted it looks like what a factory RHD would look like there are no giveaways to say otherwise.
This thread is a pretty good read for those considering a conversion. Almost getting old enough to wait for a LHD to pass rego think i will get another one that day.

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have bought a s10 booster thanks to sardonyx247 so will attempt to install it i may need to do some bodywork to fit it but will make it fit.
banderson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bandersonSend a Private Message to bandersonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any News? I would love to read more!

------------------
04 Monte Carlo- unfortunately LS 3.4
95 Bonneville SSEi- Series 1-3.8 Supercharged
85 Fiero GT 4 speed muncie 2.8 Restoring Now
83 Chevy Silverado K-10 - 305- Plow Truck
67 Chevy Custom Pickup- 3 on the tree 283- Restored
Fiance hates um all except the Monte- of course..
Mechanic at Karl's Chevrolet in Ankeny, Iowa

northeastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northeastfieroSend a Private Message to northeastfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could also do it the way I did still got a few bits to finish off.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock