Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Riviera digital Instrument cluster (IC) into a Fiero dash (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Riviera digital Instrument cluster (IC) into a Fiero dash by Cajun
Started on: 07-27-2020 11:28 AM
Replies: 44 (1146 views)
Last post by: Cajun on 11-26-2020 05:16 PM
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2020 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunClick Here to Email CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little more work on wiring up the Fiero BCM & Riveria digital IC into my 86GT.

While wiring up my terminal strip "B" I run across a potential issues with the "Headlights Suggested" and "Headlight On" sensors! I am not sure if the Headlights on indicator would cancel out the "Headlights Suggested" indicator. I checked with Chris Eddy, the developer of the Fiero BCM module and he could not say for certain of the operation. So this will require me to go an retrieve my Riviera digital IC from the shop that is cutting out the new face plate for the IC.

Once I figure out what course of action that needs to be taken I will get back and report what I have done to resolve the potential issue.

This is what the dash senor panel looks like:

As you can see the panel contains 2 sensors and 1 indicator. The dash panel is from a 2001 Grand Prix. The sun load sensor is part of the digital HVAC system that I have installed in my 86GT.

IP: Logged
87_special

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2020 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_specialSend a Private Message to 87_specialEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This a fascinating thread! Thank you for taking the time to document the work.

------------------

1987 SE / Fastback - 3500 Turdbowd / Alcoholic / '92 5-speed swap

No bandwagon here...

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2020 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunClick Here to Email CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have ordered the parts required to cancel the "Headlights Suggested" signal. More details once the parts arrive and I build the necessary circuit.

Until latter...
Chris Eddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2020 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris EddyClick Here to Email Chris EddySend a Private Message to Chris EddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's see if this works, trying ANOTHER file sharing service.
This is the wiring diagram for installing the Riviera IC and the BCM into a Fiero.
Let us know if you see something missing or wrong..
Link to Wiring Diagram
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2020 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunClick Here to Email CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Due to the weather I was able to do some work on finishing up the wiring on the Riviera digital IC, Fiero BCM wiring and not do home repairs. I am happy to report that the wiring is near completion. What remains is the cleaning up of the wiring placement, installing the Riviera IC for testing in the new wiring configuration (the fun part). My plan is to install the Riviera IC & Fiero surround where it is suppose to go with the dash being in place. I am do it this way for ease of correcting and wiring adjustments that may be required and to ensure that I don't have a short or anything like that.

Oh, Chris..... your wiring link works!!

Photos of the finished wiring, not cleaned up! I know, it looks like a big ass rat nest.

In addition, I have changed my photo cell controller for a smaller unit (space limitations). This control unit for the "Headlights Suggested indicator. Also, I added a micro relay to the circuit to cancel the "Headlights Suggested" signal when the headlights are in the "ON" position.

Below are photos of the Light controller circuit board:

Photo of the wiring diagram:

I will have to make a trip to the shop that has my Riviera digital IC. They are the ones that will be cutting the new face place for the IC. Unfortunately, they are closed until the 2nd for the holidays. Oh well........

Once I have the Riviera IC install I will post photos of that..........

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock