Started on: 09-11-2013 10:54 AM
Replies: 48 (1444 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 09-19-2013 09:26 AM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Oh come on, you're not that bad. I've had you rated positive since This thread.

Darn! Didn't realize I said some things I said back there. I even recommended RealFieroTech.

4thFiero, this doesn't show the cables, but that's because they're underneath the skeleton. Borrowed this from fierosound in another thread. You can see that the harnesses are the only thing located in the channels on top of the skeleton.

Edit for owning page two, and with that Good Night and Good Morning.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 09-17-2013).]

IP: Logged
4thfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
okay i'll wait and see what happenes tomorrow, (i sware i tried routing them UNDER the thing before but for some reason it failed...i think i had a hard time routing them through the firewall with the cables being held down under the skeleton, and the skeleton didnt wanna stay down...

I pray that this issue gets resolved soon...
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have my cables routed under the skeleton. I did have some trouble getting the cables to pass through the firewall though without putting a lot of strain on the skeleton and ended up trimming the end of the skeleton. Not sure how its supposed to be from the factory.
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
interesting...under the skeleton eh?...maybe i'll try again
n7vrz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The shift cables definitely go under the skeleton. I'm currently working on a Formula. The console is off so it was rather easy for me to verify.
You might also check the part where that ball fits in the plate that is on pin and a cable is on the other end. I don't like the way the edges are mushrooming. If you can, get one from a parts car and replace it. It the ball now doesn't fit due to it having been ground, then you'll have to replace that also.
Oh, and if you do replace that plate and the ball, I would ask you to not take it back to the guy the ground down the ball to fit. In my opinion that was a hack job.

[This message has been edited by n7vrz (edited 09-17-2013).]

4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for confirming that for me! Really appreciate it. I'll try and get that done tomorrow and report back
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet merciful Lord, that was it!!!! I re-routed the cabled to UNDER the skeleton and low and behold, she feels like she used too!!! I still have some normal play in the shifter but im sure rodneys 5 speed rebuild kit will tighten that right up!!

Thank you EVERYONE who helped me! I cant express how grateful I am to you all, thank you thank you thank you! Case closed!

Adam
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4thfiero:

two professional tranny mechanics routed the cables...

Try to avoid those guys in the future.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Try to avoid those guys in the future.

And I think I'd ask for a partial refund.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock