What M90 pulley is this? by jaybeezi
Started on: 08-06-2013 03:53 PM
Replies: 9 (397 views)
Last post by: 1fast2m4 on 08-09-2013 09:25 AM
jaybeezi

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybeeziSend a Private Message to jaybeeziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got this M90 off the 3800pro forums & it came with this pulley, press on, no markings that I can see, & it looks smaller than my ZZP 3.4 I was planning on using...

& any way to decode this sticker?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Slow6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slow6Send a Private Message to Slow6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why don't you just measure the pulley? That will be the only sure way of knowing.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Measure it.

The sticker on the blower is just a serial number used at eaton to ID the part.
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
depending on your modifications is might not matter, what size ZZP pulley did you get? (i'll assume 3.4") the press on pulley is clearly a size or two smaller.

Home depot sells this for $35 they are under $20 at harbor freight, kinda handy as well.

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96) I'll Sell it if you like
1985 GT 3800SC (swap in progress)

jaybeezi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybeeziSend a Private Message to jaybeeziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I have the Harbor Freight one, but it's not deep enough to get to the widest part of the pulley, it's either 3.2 or 3.25... I was also hoping someone knew who sold this one, just to know, never seen this style before.

I only have headers (SSAC/XSPower), 4" intake, & a mail order Darth PCM tune for the 3.4... (also have PRJ fuel rails & aftermarket FPR, don't think that makes a difference though).

I'd like to just leave the 3.2 / 3.25 pulley on there but I don't think my mods will support it, I considered getting the SC ported before I put it on, but I still don't think that's enough.

------------------
Jaybeezi's 3800SC Swap

[This message has been edited by jaybeezi (edited 08-08-2013).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should have hit me.up...I have 2 stock M-90 SC with MPS hub already on. I would have made u a good deal on one. I have a third M-90 that is ported also with a MPS hub that I might sell. PM me if interested in one of them.
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know every 3800 is different, but I think the pulley limitations for the 3800SC are based of the FWD cars which don't have the best intake setups but most importantly have restrictive exhausts. it seems like every 3800 Fiero is good with a 3.4" pulley while some GTP's have KR with just a 3.4. I have been told by many I could probably try a 3.3

I think if you have a free flowing intake, free flowing exhaust, colder plugs and are scanning for KR since your running headers you might be alright with a 3.2 you may just need to be aware what gas stations have better gas than others. a ported blower will also in theory lower intake temps and reduce chances of KR

as long as your scanning for KR as long as you work your way up to WOT and then longer and longer periods of WOT your going to be good.

[This message has been edited by 1fast2m4 (edited 08-08-2013).]

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaybeezi:

Thanks, I have the Harbor Freight one, but it's not deep enough to get to the widest part of the pulley, it's either 3.2 or 3.25... I was also hoping someone knew who sold this one, just to know, never seen this style before.

I only have headers (SSAC/XSPower), 4" intake, & a mail order Darth PCM tune for the 3.4... (also have PRJ fuel rails & aftermarket FPR, don't think that makes a difference though).

I'd like to just leave the 3.2 / 3.25 pulley on there but I don't think my mods will support it, I considered getting the SC ported before I put it on, but I still don't think that's enough.

if you have a manual trans, you could probably get away with it, sorta.
jaybeezi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybeeziSend a Private Message to jaybeeziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fast2m4:

I know every 3800 is different, but I think the pulley limitations for the 3800SC are based of the FWD cars which don't have the best intake setups but most importantly have restrictive exhausts. it seems like every 3800 Fiero is good with a 3.4" pulley while some GTP's have KR with just a 3.4. I have been told by many I could probably try a 3.3

I think if you have a free flowing intake, free flowing exhaust, colder plugs and are scanning for KR since your running headers you might be alright with a 3.2 you may just need to be aware what gas stations have better gas than others. a ported blower will also in theory lower intake temps and reduce chances of KR

as long as your scanning for KR as long as you work your way up to WOT and then longer and longer periods of WOT your going to be good.

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

if you have a manual trans, you could probably get away with it, sorta.

I have an Aeroforce scangauge, running Autolite 104's, but I have a 4T65eHD & premium here is 91... I think I would need at least rockers.
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm 91 yea that's no fun.

Your probably right.

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96) I'll Sell it if you like
1985 GT 3800SC (swap in progress)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave