Time to upgrade to the 3800sc. by Tweeder
Started on: 08-22-2012 12:34 AM
Replies: 203 (6865 views)
Last post by: Tweeder on 08-28-2013 12:43 AM
Tweeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used sensor cleaner but not much of an improvement. It starts and hunts for isle and then dies shortly, any way to test the sensor incase it's something else? Also now with it unplugged, it won't stay running as it did last night.

------------------
86 SE Convertible 3800sc 4t65e HD.

[This message has been edited by Tweeder (edited 08-25-2013).]

IP: Logged
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeder

1026 posts
Member since Aug 2012
Turns out it was a dirty IAC now she starts and drives although a little rough so i did a DTC scan again and I have these now:

P0303 - Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected
[] P0452 - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[] P0481 - Cooling Fan Relay 2 Control Circuit (SES) (Pending) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[] P0102 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency (Immature)
[] P0243 - Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid 1 (History) (Immature)
[] P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected (SES) (Pending) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[] P0463 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Pending) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[] P0656 - Fuel Level Output Circuit Malfunction (Pending) (History) (Immature)

I just deleted the code p0243. I'll have to track down the cylinder number three missfire but what all do the others mean or are they codes that I can delete as well? Except for the maf code I just sprayed carb cleaner in the engine so i'll hav eto pull the maf out and reclean to se if that code pops back up again.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tweeder (edited 08-25-2013).]

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went out and verified a spark at te number three coil. And I also verified there's power to both wire at the injector and are pulsing when running. So I pulled the plug and man would I looooove to put a steel toe boot to the balls of the f'er who came up with that design. Well the plug was blacker than tobeys a$$, not sure if that's because of the short firing time when I checked for spark and then again for about 30 secs checking the injector. Just thinking as I'm typing this I guess I should check for spark by grounding the plug attached to the wire incase there's something wrong with the wire. Any idears?
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I removed the #3 spark plug an'd I guessbi'll never know if that was the problem as I dropped thesumbitch. I was trying to put the new one in and was having a problem getting it in when I noticed the oil dipstick tube was aff to the side but in the way. So I had to pull that out and got the plug and metal heat shield back in. I put an ear plug in the oil tube hole for the time being and fired it up and clears the codes that haven't come back. I was just thinking, is it possible that the metal dipstick tube that was obviously up against the metal heat shield causing the missfire?

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay