Time to upgrade to the 3800sc. by Tweeder
Started on: 08-22-2012 12:34 AM
Replies: 203 (6865 views)
Last post by: Tweeder on 08-28-2013 12:43 AM
Tweeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the lateral bar info. I ordered an a/c delete pulley so hopefully that'll work.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800

IP: Logged
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the a/c delete pulley in and that did the trick. I also got the motor in today as as well.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't pay attention to how I was standing when I labeled the injector harnesses. The way it sits now, with the supercharger to the passenger side whats the cylinder order?

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any info on what cylinder is what? Also I removed the nipples for the coolant in the alternator bracket. Where do I get a 90 degree elbow that size?

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't take my word for it, but I think this is right!

Thanks to Alex4mula
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for that, I did have it backwards.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any info on what to do with the coolant nipples to get a 90 there?

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-1-080261.html

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 04-05-2013).]

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine looks a li'll different than that one.

I hope I don't have to tap it as its already in that car and will have to pull it out. I wonder if I can weld a 90 onto the nipple that I pulled out with a barbed reducer for the nose size. Or cut the nipple off and tap that with a 90.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cut the nipple off the pieces that bolt into those holes. I drilled them out 9/16 and tapped them with a 3/8 pipe tap. Not sure what happened but both of them tapped out at an angle. Anyone know what they're called or a part number, I need to order them and redo.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone?

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

PFF
System Bot
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure of the question but it sounds like you tried to tap the belt tensioner. Phonedawgz was showing you the water pump inlet and the LIM outlet.

http://www.autozone.com/aut...er=294754_4205_1690_

------------------

Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap

88 Coupe under construction

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

I'm not sure of the question but it sounds like you tried to tap the belt tensioner. Phonedawgz was showing you the water pump inlet and the LIM outlet.

http://www.autozone.com/aut...er=294754_4205_1690_

Nope, I tapped the removable adapters that go into the tensioner/alternator bracket(mines different than the one in your pic). I will post pics when I get off work tonight.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These hose adapters?

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah those thingamajiggers.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have info on the name or part number of the coolant pieces, still looking for them. Also where are the IAC and coolant temp sensors located? I have theses two harnesses and plugs but can't find where they go.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeder

1026 posts
Member since Aug 2012
I found the IAC, it was where it was in the pics I searched except I already had a connector in there.... The AIT was plugged there messing me up as the IAT sensor was still missing a harness to which I thought didn't come with it. Barely found the coolant sensor, couldn't see it from the top or bottom. I happened to look from the rear fender well and seen it, fun to reach too. Still looking for info on those coolant tubie things.

Edit for coolant sensor.
------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

[This message has been edited by Tweeder (edited 05-05-2013).]

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tweeder

1026 posts
Member since Aug 2012
What is the large connector with the yellow stripes called?

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A splice

If your wires are long enough to run from the PCM to your ground on your engine then you can just cut it out and insert all 4 wires from the PCM into the ground lug. If you wish you can keep your splice and just use the single wire from the other side of the PCM wires to run to the ground lug, if you need the length.

=================

The IAT typically was in the rubber snorkel a few inches in front of the throttle body. The wires to the IAT might by Tan and Black or Tan and Red/Black.

The connector is a two pin - MetriPack 150.2 - pull to seat - single seal in the rear connector

The one on the right of this picture

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 05-06-2013).]

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

A splice

If your wires are long enough to run from the PCM to your ground on your engine then you can just cut it out and insert all 4 wires from the PCM into the ground lug. If you wish you can keep your splice and just use the single wire from the other side of the PCM wires to run to the ground lug, if you need the length.

=================

The IAT typically was in the rubber snorkel a few inches in front of the throttle body. The wires to the IAT might by Tan and Black or Tan and Red/Black.

The connector is a two pin - MetriPack 150.2 - pull to seat - single seal in the rear connector

The one on the right of this picture

Thanks, I'll see If napa can get the splice. In the pic at the bottom of the splice, you can see that I cut 2 wires from there to seperate the harnesses. I'm wanting to add thise two wires back. I should have left enough of a pigtail to reconnect, wasn't thinking.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

PFF
System Bot
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2013 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope, false alarm on the coolant temp sensor. I plugged into where the crank position sensor goes? There's one on each side of the crank. I forgot about that harness that goes the coil pack.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still need help with the coolant temp sensor location as well as what those coolant tube addapters are called. I also have some more mystery wires with no homes.

Maf sensor - Black/white stripe(ground I believe)
- Pink ( found out that goes the pin F on the c203)

Alternator - Orange

ICM - Pink

Fuel pressure sensor - Pink

O2 sensor in header - Pink

Iinjector plug harness that goes to a pink splice, one wire that branches off - Pink

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

[This message has been edited by Tweeder (edited 05-11-2013).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2013 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MAF Black/White - Ground

Alternator Orange - Battery sense voltage - I attach it to the power distribution posts via a 10A fuse that also feeds the PCM +12 unswitched (pin 20 blue)

ICM pink - Switched +12 - C500 E3

Fuel Pressure Sensor pink? - There is no fuel pressure sensor. Post a pic of either the sensor or the connector.

Heated O2 Pink - C203 K

All 6 injectors pink - C203 J

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 05-11-2013).]

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I thought was the fuel pressure sensor turns out to the the boost control solenoid control circuit pin 77 clear. I have the whole thing off and am contemplating leaving it off.

Also for teh orange alternator wire, not sure how you want that wired up. Could you elaborate on that one a li'll more please.

Just started on the tranny wiring. I'm working on the round connector that goes to the top I have two wire questions.

Pink wire with no end -
Black wire goes to 1 blue but theres nothing for that on my wiring schematics. If not used should I just remove it from the harness?

EDIT for tranny wires.
------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

[This message has been edited by Tweeder (edited 05-12-2013).]

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2013 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
come ooonnnn phonedawgz

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I thought I had posted a reply already. Sometimes I swear PFF loses my posts.

Anyways - 4T65E trans connector

E - Pink - Wires to C203 Pin K (+12v switched)

M - Black - Connects to Clear 35 - The Black IS required so don't remove it.

___

Orange Wire

Take one of these weatherproof fuse holders and put a 10A fuse in it. It would be good to put a dab of dielectric grease into the fuse holder before inserting the fuse.

One end of the fuse holder put a ring terminal on it.

That ring terminal will go on one of the two power distribution posts located under C500

The other wire of the fuse holder connects to:

The Orange alternator wire
PCM Blue pin 20
OBD2 diagnostic connector pin 16

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 05-15-2013).]

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2013 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeder:

THanks, I forgot to ask. For this one I take it the larger wire is what gets grounded to the engine? I was thinking using a post on the alternator bolts to ground it with. And what are the connectors on the ends of the wirees that connect to the pcm called? I ordered what I thought was the right thing from PICO but there smallest was still way too big.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

[This message has been edited by Tweeder (edited 05-16-2013).]

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2013 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always ground the PCM directly to the engine. It's important that the engine runs correctly. I don't see any reason to ground the PCM to something that is grounded to the engine.

I run all the Black/White grounds to one bolt on the tranny side of the front head. I run all the Black grounds to a different bolt on the tranny side of the front head.

Here is the pin that fits in the 3800 PCM - http://www.mouser.com/Searc...rtualkey829-12084913

You will need a crimper designed to correctly crimp these connectors. It needs the 'butt cheek' shape on one face to get the crimps to work correctly. This tool works and is about the least expensive.

A different connector but a pic of what your crimps should look like

I can also supply the correct color pigtails if you are just looking for a few.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 05-16-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the C500

A2 -ground- where best to ground to?
C2 -
E3 - (Power to the ECM - I fuse this with a 20A fuse in a weatherproof fuse holder since it does NOT run through the Fiero fuse box...from a search but where does it go?)

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A2 - I ground that to the same place I ground all the other black wires - Tranny side of the front head

C2 - The Green wire of the 3 wire CTS (Yellow and Black run to the PCM)

E3 - Power to the ICM, not the ECM.
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A2 - I ground that to the same place I ground all the other black wires - Tranny side of the front head

C2 - The Green wire of the 3 wire CTS (Yellow and Black run to the PCM)

E3 - Power to the ICM, not the ECM.

For the power to the ICM - all my wires for that are used up

For the CTS, I will have to add the Green as it has it on the lower part of the harness but not the upper.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wire on the ENGINE side of the "ICM harness 8 pin connector" pin H (Pink) should run directly to C500 E3

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by Tweeder:

For the CTS, I will have to add the Green as it has it on the lower part of the harness but not the upper.

btw, I got it now. This answers my PM I sent. I will include it with the pins and it will go out in Monday's mail.
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The wire on the ENGINE side of the "ICM harness 8 pin connector" pin H (Pink) should run directly to C500 E3

Crap.. Sorry for that, you already answered that for me in an earlier post. I had it labeled in the car but I was going through the wiring diagram and connecting the dots on paper to see if I had everything. I also have two large red wires(fuseable links?) under the C500 but not in the C500, where do they go?

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

[This message has been edited by Tweeder (edited 05-20-2013).]

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oooohhhhh I don't have that!. So what's plan b?

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay