Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Notchie to Fastback Coversion - with pics (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Notchie to Fastback Coversion - with pics by CrazyDragn
Started on: 01-29-2012 06:43 PM
Replies: 223 (14863 views)
Last post by: Alienbishop on 08-26-2023 01:29 AM
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

You're officially Batman!

Jonathan

OK, and you can be Robin,
IP: Logged
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OH OH Can I be Alfred Pennyworth. Bruce's legal guardian and butler!!!!
ShaneSAW

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaneSAWSend a Private Message to ShaneSAWEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks nice, good work!

Does anyone know if the deck lid of an 86 GT will work on my 85 Notchie SE?

Thanks
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShaneSAW:

That looks nice, good work!

Does anyone know if the deck lid of an 86 GT will work on my 85 Notchie SE?

Thanks

Not without swapping the rear clip, etc also. You can tell by the different vents and tail lights. They are not the same size.

Jonathan

ShaneSAW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaneSAWSend a Private Message to ShaneSAWEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang would have been nice to just swap deck lids lol
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's really not that difficult but i is time consuming. Read this thread at the beggining and you wil be able to do it too. This was my first ccar fast back conversion, so I read and read and read alot to get where I was. I placed this thread up for those like me who had no clue as what to do in a conversion because there were none with picture - I LIKE PICTURES!!

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 04-25-2013).]

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2013 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

did you bond something under the hole before filling it in?
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2013 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YesI placed some good ol' brown paper bagging, LOL
Later removed of course

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 04-11-2013).]

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2013 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol ok i was thinking that i would have to bond a piece of the plastic underneath.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2013 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping to get this on yesterday when my NRG short hub came in, appearently I a going to need the srk-200sbk part. got it ordered today so should be in by next tuesday.

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2013 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt
snyderman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snydermanSend a Private Message to snydermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crazydragon, I've must have looked at this conversion a hundred times and have decided to "get off the pot" and do one to my 84 notchie. Can you confirm that I'll only need to tailights, rear deck and vents and sailpanel and that i can keep the side panels and rear bumper from the notchie? I think I also need the taillight wiring harness if I don't want to muck with the wiring. Have I got this right???
bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by snyderman:

Crazydragon, I've must have looked at this conversion a hundred times and have decided to "get off the pot" and do one to my 84 notchie. Can you confirm that I'll only need to tailights, rear deck and vents and sailpanel and that i can keep the side panels and rear bumper from the notchie? I think I also need the taillight wiring harness if I don't want to muck with the wiring. Have I got this right???

i followed this forum to and did it to mine and at first i ran my notchie bumpers and lower quarter panels now have gt bumpers do to a patch of black ice
you will need a fast back tail light harness and it will just plug in really easy for i dont like wiring either
Make sure you get the D rail or else things in your truck will be swimming lol no good and bolts for the gt tail lights there longer notch ones will hold them from falling but they will be lose just take your time and be nice 25+ year old plastic.
i had mine done in one night

[This message has been edited by bkcamaro (edited 04-25-2013).]

snyderman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snydermanSend a Private Message to snydermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. BKCamaro - esp. the Drail and tailight bolts. Would never have thought of that! Any photos of your conversion to share?
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bkcamaro:

i followed this forum to and did it to mine and at first i ran my notchie bumpers and lower quarter panels now have gt bumpers do to a patch of black ice
you will need a fast back tail light harness and it will just plug in really easy for i dont like wiring either
Make sure you get the D rail or else things in your truck will be swimming lol no good and bolts for the gt tail lights there longer notch ones will hold them from falling but they will be lose just take your time and be nice 25+ year old plastic.
i had mine done in one night

He is right, be definetly sure to get those "D" plates, they can be hard to find but someone on here has a pair im sure, or you can call the fiero warehouse. they have just about everything.

------------------
Notchie to Fast Back Conversion

After Market Steering Wheel Conversion

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how much would you say you spent doing the new nose and which egg crate bumper pad did you have to use?
thanks
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by coady:

how much would you say you spent doing the new nose and which egg crate bumper pad did you have to use?
thanks

The NEW NOSE (f355) shipped was like $625 or something.

I used my original egg crate for bumper, use my drimmel to cut some down on side so that the lights would fit properly.
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any pics of you cutting the nose down to fit?
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorru, I didnt think to do that one. Its just a little on each corner to fit lights thats all, not much
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so it was the aero bumper not the gt bumper shell right?
PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

so it was the aero bumper not the gt bumper shell right?

I think the crate was the same for all years, not 100% sure on that though.........

------------------

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have both here and they look different.
was yours from the original photos of your ca?
btw have you guys talked about doing that gto bumper lately?
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i have both here and they look different.
was yours from the original photos of your ca?
btw have you guys talked about doing that gto bumper lately?

We haven't sat down about anything on the GTO bumper yet,
Yes, the crate was from the original photos, you can see on page 3 or 4 I think.

------------------

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyDragn:

We haven't sat down about anything on the GTO bumper yet,
Yes, the crate was from the original photos, you can see on page 3 or 4 I think.

We just spoke, we are both interested in doing the GTO style bumper. We will update what we come up with on another thread when we decide.

We are looking at meeting this week to look a few things over for a GTO style bumper.

------------------

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 04-28-2013).]

bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by snyderman:

Thanks for the info. BKCamaro - esp. the Drail and tailight bolts. Would never have thought of that! Any photos of your conversion to share?

it took me a while to find them but this is all i got

i didnt like the bumper i had on so i switched it out with a parts car i had

then i hit black ice and spun out and smashed it up so i really dont have any good pics of the car with the other bumper on it

so now it looks like a gt almost lol

I hope this helps you out
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's official, BoostDreamer and I are in the mist of making a GTO front bumper for the fiero. There will be a thread coming soon. BoostDreamer is going to start the thread - we nmay have some pics up tonight of our start. enjoy

------------------

bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's official, BoostDreamer and I are in the mist of making a GTO front bumper for the fiero. There will be a thread coming soon. BoostDreamer is going to start the thread - we nmay have some pics up tonight of our start. enjoy

snyderman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2013 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snydermanSend a Private Message to snydermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool- Thanks for the photos - helps me learn what it will look like without the clip.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got my lights hooked up thanks to Synthesis. Thanks for the harnesses, great work.
Pics to follow, going to take them at night.

------------------

'68-69 GTO Nose Project

FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, if you do not take off or loosen those parts on the windshield, you WILL crack your A pillars, but hey - it's your car. Just remember you have to work from the front to the back when takeing off the roof and A pillars.
the main thing is totake your time, hastemakes waste, if you short cut this - I guarantee you will NOT like the results.

Just FYI, but I also did NOT remove or loosen the front screws and did NOT crack my A pillars. So your hypothesis that you WILL crack your A pillars is not supported. You MIGHT I suppose,if you're not careful, but I had no problems as all.
PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:
Just FYI, but I also did NOT remove or loosen the front screws and did NOT crack my A pillars. So your hypothesis that you WILL crack your A pillars is not supported. You MIGHT I suppose,if you're not careful, but I had no problems as all.

I'm glad that you didn't crack yours. However, it also depends on how much glue they used on yours at the factory. SAFELY is the key word here. TRUST ME, if you do enough of these, you don't want to replace someone's top piece. Also, if you have a sunroof - well you just better loosen them bolts.

Thanks for the feedback, opinions always welcome.
J

------------------

'68-69 GTO Nose Project

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 05-18-2013).]

FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm glad that you didn't crack yours. However, it also depends on how much glue they used on yours at the factory. SAFELY is the key word here. TRUST ME, if you do enough of these, you don't want to replace someone's top piece. Also, if you have a sunroof - well you just better loosen them bolts.

Thanks for the feedback, opinions always welcome.
J

Terrific points. If you've done a lot of these you've seen more variations in production and probably witnessed different results. Opinions always welcome for me as well! I just get worked up when I see "WILL" happen I guess. LOL!
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:
Terrific points. If you've done a lot of these you've seen more variations in production and probably witnessed different results. Opinions always welcome for me as well! I just get worked up when I see "WILL" happen I guess. LOL!

I've seen many cracked pillars , Like I stated though, if you take your time , you will enjoy your results much more

------------------

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project Has Begun

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Engine is going in and fuel lines being made, the harness is being prepaired and the last thing is the exhaust !!
I hope to have the 3800 in and running before halloween!!!!

Plans are to place a turbo in sometime next year! (maybe sooner)

------------------

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Plans are to place a turbo in sometime next year! (maybe sooner)

I can't wait to ride in this car!! It is going to be badass!!

What kind of price are you looking at for the turbo? I wonder what the cost difference would be to just go L67?

I assume if you go turbo, you'll have to do some internal engine work to go along with it since you have the NA 3800.

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
According to my sources, I will not have to do any internal stuff. the ration is 9:1 anyways.
Just need tuning which I have the DHP power tuner anyways at the shop in JC.
I will need the other power log from ZZP and then the rest would be up to a fellow in NC to finish my exhaust.
However, I'm just going to go with NA until next year.
not sure about price on turbo but I was thinking of a T4 set up with liquid intercooler and pump.

------------------

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting fuel lines ready. They at the shop have to goto Nickels to get the parts.......Can't wait to hit the road!!

------------------

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Engine dropped, harness going in, getting READY!!!!!!!!!! VRoooom, Vrooooom - Mazda only wishes!!

------------------

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Engine dropped, harness going in, getting READY!!!!!!!!!! VRoooom, Vrooooom - Mazda only wishes!!

You started this process YEARS ago. This was one of the projects that was down at Rob's before he got hit by the car. You chose another builder. Paid it off back in December (this past December or was it the one before?) and the engine is finally getting dropped out to be made ready for the engine you've had since you first took it all to Rob.

I thought I was a patient and understanding person. You Sir, are a direct decendant of Job!

Congratulations! I am extremely excited for you!
Jonathan

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock