Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Notchie to Fastback Coversion - with pics (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Notchie to Fastback Coversion - with pics by CrazyDragn
Started on: 01-29-2012 06:43 PM
Replies: 223 (14863 views)
Last post by: Alienbishop on 08-26-2023 01:29 AM
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bkcamaro:

I never got that with my parts he said there where some missing parts so i guess that is one of them thank you very much

No problem, check with fiero factory http://thefierofactory.com/contact.php , they should have the parts there and will ship to you for like $5.
IP: Logged
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered my rear lip spoiler thether day. when it gets in - I am going to work it in and sand some more and hopefully have evertything cosmetically outside done. I have my mini cooper front grill on its way in too. this will fit in the front grill just like the f355's grill. pics soon.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why didn't you tell me you won the lottery?!

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Why didn't you tell me you won the lottery?!

Jonathan

SHhhhhhhh
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some more cool stuff in !!
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lip spoiler and another front grill coming in today. JOY!!!!
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to put the Lip Spoiler on today and Fabricate in. Pics soming soon.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009
Got my spoiler on and fabbing in. sanding tomorrow then priming!

Also, got my grill in and ready. not permanent fixter yet, but will be after paint (Rosso Corsa Red 322 of course)
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you driving it and working on it too?

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2013 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you driving it and working on it too?

Jonathan

Nope. I have not been driving this soon to be nice piece of work since it got cold and rainy. It's been on my carport ever since.

Today I fabbed in the rear spoiler:

Here it is after being primed:
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks to be coming along well! good work..

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this your first body work effort or have you done this sort of thing before?

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is this your first body work effort or have you done this sort of thing before?

Jonathan

Kind of both. I have alot of engineering school underneath me even though I finished up with a business degree.

I was going into aerospace engineering and had 2 years in when I changed my major.

I have about three years of metal shop working underneath me too.

I have alot of practice but I have never put it into action as much as I have with this project.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got everything done!! yeah!! Will post pics later today !!
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remember, I havn't had the car painted yet either:
OK, here is the front:

Here is the side:

And from the back:
(I have a carbon fiber peice that will go on the tailight panel upper when painted)

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now you need these!

http://www.fieros.eu/?type=shop&page=331&lng=en

Jonathan

Nah,

Today, I did a radio Antenna relocation. I now have it in the fender well, tus hiding the whol antenna - amazingly I still get the same reception !!
i,ll post a pic of the smoothed fender maybe tomorrow.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, here is where I filled the hole and fabbed it in:

and here is where it is primed over, smooth and slick!
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to be putting in a Ferrari D style steering wheel, pics soon. (Per have to probably fab it in somehow)
Also, I'm going to putting in my high beam headlights.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This will soon be the preferred way to convert a notchie into a fasback. Introducing Jonathan's Shorty Fastback!

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 03-26-2013).]

snyderman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snydermanSend a Private Message to snydermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks more like a fastback to notchie conversion. I love it. very original. What's the trick?
PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by snyderman:

Looks more like a fastback to notchie conversion. I love it. very original. What's the trick?

thats is a buddy of mines car. he wants to make his look like that.

I think he trims down the fast back pillars in the back an has a different glass/poly back windows made.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my high beams in today, pics later

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 03-28-2013).]

bkcamaro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the black one has a pretty cool nose on it
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
someone needs to start making that gto nose!!!!!!!!! and the 1/2 fastback is tooooo cooool!!!!
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

coady

934 posts
Member since Aug 2012
tttt
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, when are we going to start these Jonathon?
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soon Soon Please Soon !!!!!!!!!
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is another idea:
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats nice but my vote is for you guys to start working on that gto nose first... and soon.....
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just took and order for my floor mats so maybe I've created a source of income! That always helps to start a new project!

Jonathan
PFF
System Bot
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
send me a pic of your floor matts maybe when my new carpet arrives i might be interested
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just took and order for my floor mats so maybe I've created a source of income! That always helps to start a new project!

Jonathan

you should make a thread about it, and you should make a thread about the carpet cover for the front too. My carpt is awesome, we could use my car for show when its painted (or not) either way would be a good sorce for you!
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
in all seriousness is there any chance you guys may do the gto nose?
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by coady:

send me a pic of your floor matts maybe when my new carpet arrives i might be interested

These are rubber shop floor mats cut into Fiero floor mat shape. They are holding up well to dirty, muddy, rainy boots. This is my daily driver and I'm a welder. I carry a bunch of dirt around on my shoes!

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so here are my new door lowers. They are made from crbon fiber leather fabric with tan stictching at a 45 angle (Credit goes to Russ88TTop for the lower door fabric construction):

And, here is my quad headlights:

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 04-09-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The lowers and the headlights look good. The armrest needs some attention with a Mr. Clean Sponge, though.

Jonathan
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had sticky icky all over my hands and couldn't get it off......nasty but well worth it!!!

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 04-06-2013).]

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my Ferrari quick release steering wheel in with carbon fiber!! SAAAHHHWWWEEEEAAAATTT!!!

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 04-09-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're officially Batman!

Jonathan
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay