Started on: 01-28-2019 01:15 PM
Replies: 51 (2271 views)
Last post by: LFiero67 on 02-24-2019 11:37 AM
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Everyone,

My name is Dan and my father Tom posted here under this handle, California Kid. I'm sorry to say he passed away in a fire a few weeks ago. Until recently he was a frequent contributor and his car quite well known if this thread is any indication https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html.

I wanted to let the community know of his passing and despite not owning a Fiero myself; I knew Pennock's well, as anytime he was mucking with the car he would mention getting or giving advice from/to someone here.

I'll be keeping the 88 GT. It's been laid up for 3+ years with an issue, so hopefully I can get it working. I will need to find a home for his 87 GT. I know he would want it to go to an enthusiast so I'll post that here when the time is right.

If anyone in the Metro Detroit area would like information on his memorial, PM this account and I'll send it along.

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So sorry to hear about your loss. I always like your dad and his yellow car. (Me being another yellow V8 Fiero owner.) I was lucky enough to meet him a couple of times at the Fiero Anniversary shows in Pontiac.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sorry for your loss, your father was well respected in this community.
Don't be a stranger here.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 01-28-2019).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I liked his car, and always enjoyed reading his posts.

If you might be interested in posting there, we have a long-running thread here just for this type of announcement.

"In Memoriam: Fiero Members" for those we've lost.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sorry to hear that your dad has passed away. Since he met such an untimely end, was he by chance a firefighter? Up until a few years ago he posted regularly on this forum and told of his adventures with the yellow Fiero. It looks like a very nice car and when you get it back running you'll enjoy it in his memory. If you need assistance and/or parts there are lots of great tech info here.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm very saddened to hear of your fathers passing. I did not know him personally, but knew of him (and his car!) from his many years on this forum.

RIP
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rest in peace.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is really horrible. Very sorry for your loss
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2019 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An amazing contributor has passed.

I met your Father at a car show in the Detroit area well over a dozen years ago. First class kind of a guy. Folks were attracted to him just as much as the car. That is my memory of him.

Like stated, do not be a stranger when you need help. DOZENS of great well knowledgeable folks will always extend their hand.

Our best to you and yours...
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speechless. I’m so sorry for your loss.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm very sorry to hear of Tom's passing. He was a good guy. I didn't know him well, but had met him, and communicated with him occasionally.
My condolences to you and your family.
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan, Sincerest condolences. Prayers to you and the family. Your dad Tom was a respected member.

When the time is right, our members can help you with the cars issues.
boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a handful of conversations with him over the years. Always good advice and willing to share knowledge. My condolences to you and your family.

Have a great day and as said, don't be a stranger!
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh my god, how awful... so sad to hear this...

Joe
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sad to hear of your father's passing.
I met and talked with him at the 20th Anniversary show in 2003.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sad to read this.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My sympathies, he mattered to us

------------------

<---- did you buy Cliff a beer? ...............
@NorthTexasFiero , friend us on FB: North Texas Fieros , www.northtexasfieroclub.org

jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family.
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry to hear about this. He was one of the good ones here.

Good luck with the sale and the work on his car. Glad to hear that his Fiero legacy will live on. Perhaps it will inspire me to get back into the Fiero game.

Let us know if we can help you out.

Rest in peace, CK.
spookything

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spookythingClick Here to visit spookything's HomePageSend a Private Message to spookythingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sorry to hear of this. My condolences. Your father was always helpful here and will be missed.

Rick

------------------

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry about your loss, he was a good guy.
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is sad news indeed. As a V8 Fiero owner I was interested in your fathers cars and how he did things. Sadly I no longer have the GT but still love these cars and hang around just incase I find another.
My deepest condolences to your family, strength and good will. Hug those you can and visit those you have time to as none of this is guaranteed
Take care
Jake
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dan - SO sorry for your loss.

Your Dad was a great guy, who I had the pleasure of knowing through PFF, as well as spending time with over the years at various Fiero events. His passion for the car, and for the community was palpable.

...and I still very much remember his off-track excursion at Waterford Hills back in 2003!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am really sorry to hear about this.

I met Tom at the 20th and we talked now an again. I'll never forget our Woodward Curise Wednesday evening the week of the event (2009?). I was in town on business and he picked me up. Great times.
Anyway, he and I had similar jobs and similar interests so we hit it off quickly.

Thank you so much for posting. I know this is a tough time for you and your family. Your dad will be missed.

------------------
Paul

paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry for your loss. Had seen your father several times. Great Fiero. Had a yellow 88 at one time my self. Hope, you get it the road soon.
Ron T

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for your and your family's loss.
He was a talented man. He will certainly be missed and remembered by this community.

Bob
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to here if your loss, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2019 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for your loss...
I was fortunate to meet Tom at the 25th Fiero anniversary and chat with him. His yellow GT was very inspirational and helped guide my direction in the Fiero hobby.

He will be missed.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 01-30-2019).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2019 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Omg that is mind blowing !! He was like a Pennocks fixture and senior member. Totally stunned. Sad, sad day. 🙁
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2019 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sorry for your loss.
Shho13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2019 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP dude...

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PFF
System Bot
red GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2019 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red GTSend a Private Message to red GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I couldn't agree more.

Omg that is mind blowing !! He was like a Pennocks fixture and senior member. Totally stunned. Sad, sad day. 🙁

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2019 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My condolences and prayers for your family.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2019 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow totally blown away ... your dad was a TopGun here on the forum... my condolences to you and your family ... he will be missed

Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2019 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry for your loss.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2019 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow this really came out of left field. I am sorry for your loss. Your dad was always nice to me. I loved reading his posts on his cars.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 02-02-2019).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2019 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom was a good guy, sorry to see him go.
mafv8

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2019 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sad to hear of his passing, my condolences to you are your family.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2019 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow what a shock. I always enjoyed reading his posts, especially about showing his car at the GM employee Car show.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2019 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm very sorry for your loss.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock